Is there an effect on using "call in ring" or "script"?

Call in Ring means that the match rating will improve even further if the two workers have great chemistry or "click". On the other hand, if the two don't click or lack the psychology to put on a match of high enough quality, "Call in Ring" will hurt the match rating. Script is useful for matches between two wrestlers with low psychology. Sometimes matches will have their ratings lowered significantly if neither worker can provide a decent psychology stat - this note makes your Road Agent's psychology influence the match rating instead. Both useful in different ways. If I know two opponents have good chemistry, I'll often use "Call in Ring" for a main event between the two. Script, obviousy, is used in the exact opposite scenario. :D

[QUOTE=Von Dozier;249285]Ah, I see. Do you think it'd be good to use script or call in ring in every match in some form? Or only occasions?[/QUOTE] Depends on your workers. I will never allow a match to be called in the ring unless at least one of the people involved (in 1v1 matches) has at least B- psychology. Chemistry doesn't matter, from what I've seen. Two workers with D psychology and great chemistry are still going to put on an inferior match, because they don't know how to make it flow properly. It is perfectly possible to get "Worker X & Worker Y have great chemistry and it showed in their performance" AND "This match suffered, with a lack of flow being noticeable". Chemistry can mitigate a lack of psychology but it can't completely eclipse it from what I've seen. Some workers, who are highly talented and have those top tier Performance skills, I let call their own matches as a matter of course (it's a respect thing IMO). In T-Zone, Mariko Yoshida, Takako Inoue, Cheerleader Melissa, and the like, call their own matches. Everyone else is treated on a case-by-case basis.

B- was the cut off in 2005 where if at least one person had a psychology there or higher they could carry some one else in a match. That now translates to C+ in 2007 but I generally still also use B- as my cut off point. Unless I have 2 workers with both over B- in a match I usually do scripted matches. If they both have over B- I'll let them call their won matches. In my 5SSW game I'll let Sensational Ogiwara call it in the ring with Thunder Hike, Crusher Ichihara and DEVIL Karube but no one else has over a B- Psychology yet.

Archived