The Greatest ever US World Champion Poll!

The Greatest ever US World Champion Poll!  

72 members have voted

1. 1. The Greatest ever US World Champion Poll!

• Tommy Cornell
    • Ricky Dale Johnson
    • Runaway Train
    • Sam Strong
    • Dread
    • Rip Chord
    • Christian Faith
    • Sam Keith
    • Sean McFly
    • Bruce The Giant
    • Steve Frehley
    • Liberty

Here we have only people to win a World title (TCW or SWF) in the USA. I excluded 5-6 of the less likely winners. I want that people vote not only based upon the current skill levels, but who you think played a greater part in forming the US scene. Plus who had the greatest impact in wrestling. Plus the greatest career.

I voted for Tommy Cornell myself. 1) he is British:D 2) he worked in both major promotions 3) He has held 4 times the TCW and is current champ 4) He made TCW!!!! I think Sam Strong has a really serious case, winning the most titles and shaping the whole wrestling scene. Plus he does own USPW Dread had a really succesful international career, holding 3 Major titles worldwide, but only 2 times for TCW. Bruce the Giant is another holding multiple titles worldwide, plus he is the biggest:D You cannot totally count out Faith, Keith or Chord for their roles in the indusrty.

McFly, definitely. Total package in the ring, won the SWF World Title at 21... and incredibly the fans bought it. Upon debut, my guess is he was at least as talented, if not moreso, than TC Jr. in 2025. And ever since he's always been established as a main eventer and is perpetually involved in some of the best matches in the game world. My choice if it were "Greatest Japanese Heavyweight Champion" would be far more complicated. In this case, it's between McFly and Cornell; and as good as Tommy is, a 21 year old winning the biggest title in the wrestling industry is pretty effin remarkable.

Gotta go with Sam Keith. They're all good choices, and I was originally going with Sam Strong, but if we're talking the GREATEST EVER then I had to base it on mat skills as well, which Strong, back in his prime, was not as good as Keith, who is still one of my favourite CornellVerse workers. So it goes to Keith.

[QUOTE=SadisticBlessings;249850]McFly, definitely. Total package in the ring, won the SWF World Title at 21... and incredibly the fans bought it. Upon debut, my guess is he was at least as talented, if not moreso, than TC Jr. in 2025. And ever since he's always been established as a main eventer and is perpetually involved in some of the best matches in the game world. My choice if it were "Greatest Japanese Heavyweight Champion" would be far more complicated. In this case, it's between McFly and Cornell; and as good as Tommy is, a 21 year old winning the biggest title in the wrestling industry is pretty effin remarkable.[/QUOTE] What he said. I don't think the fact that he currently works in Canada should have any relevance whatsoever. Where's Dread work primarily? I will say that for the old timers, McFly probably doesn't rate as highly. But as an inspiration to the future generations of the business (without whom, the business would DIE), McFly comes out on top (edging Tommy). Now, if Tommy could expect a Match of the Year candidate every time he stepped between the ropes, I'd rate him #1. But he can't and McFly, well, can. Also, it's easier to be world champion when you own the company (who's gonna overrule you?). Even sleeping with the booker doesn't guarantee you a title run (women being the vexing thing they are sometimes).

Cornell Tommy Cornell is one of those guys that ANYBODY can build a fed around. any fed; TCW or otherwise. McFly may be the best wrestler in the game, but few can pass the torch, elevate, and still walk away looking like absolute gold ... like Tommy Cornell. The cornerstone of the Cornellverse is, in just my opinion, the greatest World Champion in the CV's western hemisphere.

I think people need to realize that the person who is World champion, must have the most impact to the US state of wrestling. Sadly, its not as well rounded as Japan, because you run into only two men who have shaped wrestling in the US profoundly. Tommy Cornell - The backbone of HCG, now TCW. He is profound worker, able to get the best out of anyone, and his federation is pretty much one of the best in the United States (if not the World). He's also groomed a very nice successor in Wolf Hawkins. You know, the guy who was a good prospect for us back in 2005, who in 2007 is now a great star. Should Tommy ever decide to retire, Wolf will be his man. Has made everyone of his opponents be someone. Sam Strong - The only other option is Sam Strong. The thing here, is he brought the SWF its fame by having headline after headline runs with the title, managed to help SWF destroy the US territories, and finally left SWF to help a struggling company to become a force in the CornellVerse. The downside to his reigns is that he never really elevated anyone at all. Thusly when looking at it like that. Its hard not to vote for Sam Strong. Just like Kitozen, he made wrestling what it is today by helping SWF destroy the US territories. If Tommy were to have had more impact as Champions besides just making TCW the #1 attraction, then I would vote for him.

[QUOTE=Capelli King;251045]I will have to agree there. Those 2 were my 1st 2 picks. Tommy Got my 1st vote due to his role in forming TCW, his abilities(which Sam lacked), and the fact that the whole world is named after him[/QUOTE] The whole world? More like the whole universe.

Archived