Cornellverse workers with real life counterparts?

The recent thread about a Cornellvese Undertaker got me thinking which Cornellverse workers do you think have been at least roughly based off a real life wrestling figure? There will of course be differences in some points but I'm sure that's because these guys were more inspired by a real life character than directly ripped off, also the Cornellverse timeline seems to be an alternate reality version of the real world with promotions like INSPIRE mimmicking RINGS and DAVE being a rough equivalent of ECW. Here's a few workers that in my opinion have some inspiration drawn from a real life character(Oddly enough the Cornellverse version is almost always cooler). What are your guys opinions on this? Yoskue Narita / Awesome Thunder: Roughly inspired by Keiji Mutoh / The Great Muta. My Case for: Dual gimmick heel able to still work a great show despite advanced age. Probably one of my more shakey picks. Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Very clearly Akira Maeda. My Case for: Split off to form a more realistic product for the Japanese wrestling fan base that seems destined to be doomed to failure(Or at least in my experiance hard to get over) even though it's a great product. Also sacrificing himself in a showdown with an Eastern European monser heel to put the company over. Marat Kholklov: Again clearly and alternate reality type Aleksander Kraelin My Case for: Earten European monster who became an onvernight sensation for beating a Japanese legend in a great worked shoot. Chris Caulfiled: Tommy Dreamer. My case for: So so worker who's gotten over in a hardcore based company based off work ethic with several short titles reigns. The DeColts: Rough alternate reality "what if" type tribute to the Hart family. My case for: A powerful Canadian wrestling family who produces great wrestlers. Silver Shark: Shark Boy? My case for: The stats and international status lead me to believe this is a Shark Boy tribute, oh and of course the gimmick and mask. Claudio Burdisso: A lean animalist South American brawler, a "what if he'd gone worked shoot" Wanderlei Silva. My case for: A lean animalistic South American brawler. Mike Watson: A "what if" Canadian Frank Shamrock, or Ken Shamrock, or hell Josh Barnett with slightly skewed stats, honestly maybe a composite of all of those men. My case for: He seems to draw a little bit from each of them but with a style inverted to focus on good brawling and ok technique instead of the other way around. Rip Chord: A "what if he'd stayed relativly clean" Jake Roberts. My case for: The finisher, the style, and the strong heel bias. Elemental: Tiger Mask My Case for: A legendary Masked wrestler who invented the Super Junior style. Samoan Machine: Samoa Joe My case for: A big talented Samoan worker with similar stats. Well that's it I have a few more but I'm more curious on any I may have missed or any you care to dispute.

i think there was a thread on this a while back actually. You missed out Remi Skye - who is clearly based loosely on Jeff Hardy. But i believe that a lot of the Cornellverse characters were based on characters from various E-feds. So is perhaps un-suprising that some workers bear a resemblence to real-life workers.

Guest The Aussie
Yep, just head here [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22108[/url]. I started it after all.

[QUOTE=TylerDrew;254195]Yoskue Narita / Awesome Thunder: Roughly inspired by Keiji Mutoh / The Great Muta. My Case for: Dual gimmick heel able to still work a great show despite advanced age. Probably one of my more shakey picks.[/QUOTE] I think you might be better off looking in the direction of Hooded Kudo on this one. He's got the American popularity to back it up, too.

Archived