Discussion Board for WMMA Features

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a question about the pray parity feature. During the negotiations will we get more detailed reasons for a fighter refusal instead of standard TEW "A thinks the pay is a bit too low". It would be nice if to go with this feature we'd get comments like "A thinks he should make at least as much as B".

[QUOTE=ColtCabana;271058]It could be like Football manager. When signing/re-signing somebody, It basically says Mr.A would like a similar contract to Mr.B.[/QUOTE] Well negotiations in FM are different in that you see what the guy wants to earn and very rarely will he reject the deal as per his specifications. In TEW instead you get a market estimate for a deal of a certain length which almost always is lower than what the guy you want to sing expects from the deal. Personally, I prefer negotiations in FM.

I'm now convinced this game will be a new bench mark for sims. By far the marketing and Pay Parity are huge features that add a ton of strategy into the game. Which will definitely make everything more than just about the fights, and also puts more in the fighter to fighter interaction. I do hope even more emphasis is put on this area, as it could lead up to some great stories in every game.

I'm sure there will be randomly generated newcomers, but I'm curious if we'll be able to edit stats during the game. In TEW it seems all the random newcomers, well, suck. Every now and then I liked to edit a guy to be a prodigy or a really sick hardcore brawler or incredibly flashy spot monkey. I'm hoping I'll be able to do that here.

I really enjoy the news from today. The player char actully being part of the world is something that i am going to be looking forward to. As far as not being able to be a fighter i think is a good idea. It make it more realistic.

[QUOTE=mikey5time;271913]Incorrect, fighters act as promoters from time to time, and some promoters still fight. I think there should be the option, honestly.[/QUOTE] No it shouldn't, in the "real world" it's what we call conflict of interest.

Fighters do act as promoters sometimes, but I don't think it's fair to have a "free" fighter. In TEW, maybe it was more acceptable but here, it would be a major advantage. You know some people would go to the editor, make their avatars super fighters and put them in the game. Which would make things way too easy, so it also prevents cheating. Good choice to me.

[QUOTE=ACCBiggz;271930]No it shouldn't, in the "real world" it's what we call conflict of interest.[/QUOTE] In general I totally agree but Matt Lindland has fought at one his own Sportfight shows back in 05 but I believe the right choice was made.

[QUOTE=thedraem41;271946]Fighters do act as promoters sometimes, but I don't think it's fair to have a "free" fighter. In TEW, maybe it was more acceptable but here, it would be a major advantage. You know some people would go to the editor, make their avatars super fighters and put them in the game. Which would make things way too easy, so it also prevents cheating. Good choice to me.[/QUOTE] Why limit the options? It's not like it's mandatory to cheat, if you don't want to edit your character to be a super fighter you don't. Simple as that.

[QUOTE=Tommy J.;272150]Why limit the options? It's not like it's mandatory to cheat, if you don't want to edit your character to be a super fighter you don't. Simple as that.[/QUOTE] It was nothing to do with the potential for cheating; I'm not even sure why that was raised as an issue given that you can do that sort of "cheating" in TEW. The choice was made for several gaming reasons. One of the primary reasons is because the user avatar works differently to everyone else in the game because he is ageless, so that the player isn't limited to a set number of years before being forced into retirement \ death. As a lot of the code for fighters is based on assumptions as to their average career length, having someone who can fight forever would throw that entirely off. Another major reason is that, quite simply, the focus of the game is on you as the backstage power, your potential in-ring career just isn't what the game is about.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;272157]It was nothing to do with the potential for cheating; I'm not even sure why that was raised as an issue given that you can do that sort of "cheating" in TEW. The choice was made for several gaming reasons. One of the primary reasons is because the user avatar works differently to everyone else in the game because he is ageless, so that the player isn't limited to a set number of years before being forced into retirement \ death. As a lot of the code for fighters is based on assumptions as to their average career length, having someone who can fight forever would throw that entirely off. Another major reason is that, quite simply, the focus of the game is on you as the backstage power, your potential in-ring career just isn't what the game is about.[/QUOTE] And to add onto that, if someone wants to make themselves as a super avatar in the game? They're probably going to do it in the editor anyway and just hire themself to a lifetime contract or something similar. Having it so the main character of the game can't be a fighter is the correct choice, I believe. Going away for a while has benefits when you're waiting for a game like this.

Archived