Y2J - Heart of a Lion

[B]Please Note:[/B] This is [B]not[/B] a WreSpi diary, but it is similiar and I have nowhere else to post, so I am posting it over here. ( [b][color=red]Disclaimer:[/color][/b] This is a fictional history based on the game Total Extreme Wrestling and should not be miscontrued as actual wrestling news, information, rumors, or results. Any images, logos, banners, avatars used in this forum are copyrighted by the organization they come from. ) [b]September 1990 Calgary, Alberta[/b] The scene is set over the beautiful view with Calgary, Alberta, Canada. One young man is training for his debut wrestling fight, coming in October. Chris Jericho, the latest protege of Keith Hart, from the Hart Brothers training camp as getting ready to face off for the first time against his co-trainee Lance Storm. Both men had put their heart and soul into coming out on top, and in just three months, Chris Jericho had proven himself to his trainer, and was ready for his debut. It was an independent match, and the Hart Brother's gym was filled with promotional posters across the walls, highlighting the battle between two Hart Protege's, with both men making their debut. The ring is set up in the gym, and Keith Hart is with Chris Jericho, giving tips on winning the match. [b][color=red]Keith Hart:[/color][/b] OK, Chris. I think your ready. But before you head off, I want you to put me in your finisher. [b][color=red]Chris Jericho:[/color][/b] My finisher? [b][color=red]Keith Hart:[/color][/b] Just do the first move that comes to mind on me, and use that as your personal finishing move. Jericho panicked. He didn't know he had to have a finisher ready for today, and had no time to plan. Without thinking, he grabbed Keith's legs and took him down. It was a start, he grabbed both the legs but nerves got to him. He fell to his side but managed to stay on his feet, while Keith was forced to turn onto his chest. Without realising, Jericho had locked a Boston Crab in on his mentor. Keith tapped and Jericho let go instantly. For the first time in his life, he was proud of himself. Keith stood up tall, dusted himself off and smiled. Jericho smiled back, as the howling winds outside seemed to die down. [b][color=red]Keith Hart:[/color][/b] Kid your ready! Kind of reminds me of the Walls of Jericho. The City of Palms. The battle of freedom. [b][color=red]Chris Jericho:[/color][/b] The Walls of Jericho.. [b][color=red]Lance Storm:[/color][/b] Walls of Jericho? What a joke!.. Chris turned, and saw his opponent walking towards the ring. It was Lance Storm, the ****y young rookie who was gaining popularity across Alberta due to his no nonsence wrestling style, and stiff submission moves. He smiled ****ily and stepped into the ring without a care in the world. Without any respect at all, he pushed Keith backwards so he could stand face to face with Jericho. The two stared at each other, with Chris ready to fight should he need to. Lance laughed, and took a step backwards. Lance was very technical when it came to wrestling, and paraded his own knowledge of the business. [b][color=red]Lance Storm:[/color][/b] Walls of Jericho, more like a glorified Boston Crab. Ha, if you think your gonna make me tap out to that, you got another thing coming, Jericho. You got a few days to polish up some old moves, kid, because when you face off against me on October 2nd, don't think for a second I'll show any mercy. I'll break your legs if that's what I have to do to make you tap out. If I were you, I would think twice about this little scheduled wrestle. When you face me, it's wrestling to the extreme. I don't think twice about pulverising you with deadly holds and breaking your bones. Remember that Chris. Don't think that I'll respect you less about not turning up. It's impossible, because I couldn't despise you less than I already do. Chris, for three months you have followed me up the ranks of this training camp. Before you, I was top dog here, then you came and instantly became Keith's bitch. I've had enough, and I'll show you what it's like to really wrestle. Chris clentches his fist tightly, ready to throw a punch. [b][color=red]Lance Storm:[/color][/b] Oh come on.. Punch me, It'll be the last thing you do!

• 2 weeks later...
Lance continued to get up in Chris' face, before spitting at him, which blew a fuse. Jericho snapped and swung at Storm, knocking him down and out. Keith restrained Jericho back as Lance held his eye in pain. Chris was angry, the type of anger you could see in his eyes. The two guys had trained together for months, but Lance had become a whole different person lately, and he had been brought down a peg by Jericho. [b][color=red]Lance Storm:[/color][/b] You're gonna regret doing that Jericho! I'll have the police round tomorrow! Keith managed to hold Jericho back again as he felt him go for Storm again. The scene fades with Storm getting to his feet and leaving the gymnasium with a black eye. Now however, both men where back in the ring, with a small crowd gathered around. It was time for both men's debut. The two stood in each corner, staring the other out, just waiting for the other to try something. Keith was going to officiate. He brought both men to the middle and attempted to make them shake hands, both men refused. The match began with a very competitive lock up, neither man able to overpower the other. Lance slapped Jericho across the face, so Jericho took Lance down and began raining the punches down onto him. Keith broke them up and backed them into the corner. Lance ran at Jericho again but was taken into the turnbuckles with a drop toe hold. Storm got back up and ran, and as Jericho jumped, Lance slid and the two men were in opposite corners once again. The crowd in the gym cheered as both men had started to break a sweat. Despite totally different attitudes, they were both as talented as each other. They came back to the middle and locked up once more, Storm was the victor this time as he took out Jericho's leg and locked on a single legged Boston Crab. Jericho struggled violently as Keith looked on. He thought he was going to tap out so soon. Jericho struggled, slowly but surely he grabbed the bottom rope. Keith began the count to five and Storm took advantage, and only relented at four. Jericho rolled around the mat in pain, clutching his back and legs. Storm began stomping visciously at Jericho before picking him up and Irish Whipping him into the ropes. Storm then ran at Jericho, who in one last breath of energy, flipped him over the turnbuckle and on to the padded area outside the ring. Jericho walked to the opposite side of the ring and fell against the padding. He was tired and hurt and needed to regain his composure. Keith began to count -- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. Jericho was back on his feet, ran into the ropes and leaps over with a splash, as both men lay outside on the mats. By eight they were both back in the ring. The fans began cheering for Jericho, seeing him as the face of the match. Both men exchanged open handed punches before grabbed each others heads and trying to force the other to the ground. Neither succeeded and it went back to a face off. Storm was beginning to get anxious, as Jericho stared into the dark eyes of Storm. Seemingly getting hyponotised. The background was distorted, as both men only saw their opponent. Everything else lost focus, and seemed to slow down. Bang, with a cheap shot from Lance Storm. Jericho spits to the left and goes down, everything starts to speed up again as he feels the sharp kicks of Lance digging into his side. Keith restrains Storm but gets pushed to the ground and Lance throws punches towards Jericho, who tried to cover up his face. Keith gets back up and counts to four, before Lance finally lets go. Lance turns his back on Jericho and smirks ****ily. Seeing an opening, Jericho leaps to his feet and runs at Storm, jumping at him, both men are taken over the ropes and topple in a heap on the ground outside. They are both out after their heads colliding upon impact. Keith begins to count -- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. The match is ruled out as a draw due to double count out. Both men are helped up and return to the ring. Keith smiles at Jericho, looking proudly at his favourite protege. Jericho turns to leave but feels someone touch his back. He turns, to see Lance staring at him. Out of nowhere, Storm extends his hand, offering a sign of mutual respect between the two. Jericho stares at Lance and wonders what to do.

What do you mean what is the point in it. It's a diary. Just because it isn't based around a game doesn't make it any less a diary. Look at Thatz' RAW 2003, Pr0c's Deception, two of the greatest diaries I ever read, they weren't based around a game. A dairy is for entertaining fellow wrestling fans, which is what I'm trying to do with this. If it isn't entertaining you, then don't read it.

For the next two years, Storm and Jericho formed a bond. They had been enemies to begin with but were now the best of friends. They had wrestled over Canada with their tag team of the "Thrillseekers." Both had stayed loyal to their trainer, Keith Hart, and so occasionally appeared for Stampede Wrestling of Calgary. However, Chris' whole world was about to change, and not for the better. He had recieved a phone call from a spanish character, who requsted a meeting with him. They met back in Chris' hometown of Winnipeg, and sat for a meeting. The man was dressed very professionally with a black and white suit. [b][color=red]Spanish Guy:[/color][/b] Chris, I will get right down to it. The promoter of EMLL has sent me to offer you a contract, to work with us over in Mexico. Everything would be paid for, and we have a house all ready for you in Monterry. All you have to do is sign a contract with us. It is then that Chris realised he was not in fact Spanish, but Mexican. [b][color=red]Chris Jericho:[/color][/b] Look man, I'd love to come work over in Mexico, and gain some overseas exposure, but I have family here, and friends. I don't know what price it would take for me to move to Monterry. I've been wrestling here for two years solid, and working with my best friend. I can't think of anything that would change my mind. I'm sorry. [b][color=red]Spanish Guy:[/color][/b] We're willing to offer you up to at least three times as much as your getting paid on the Canadian circuit. Every thing had changed. Not only had Chris had a loyal bond with Lance Storm, but he had family, loyalty. He also had a shot at Biff Wellington's Canadian Heavyweight championship in just two months. Should Chris accept and go to Mexico with a higher exclusive salary, he would miss out on that, and success in the Thrillseekers. Was the money enough to win Chris over, or was he loyal enough to stay in Canada? About an hour later, Chris walked out of the meeting. He seemed down, confused. He met with Lance Storm in a local park in Edmonton later that night. They sat together and talked. [b][color=red]Lance Storm:[/color][/b] Chris man, where ya been? [b][color=red]Chris Jericho:[/color][/b] Winnipeg. I got a call from someone in Mexico. A representitive for EMLL. [b][color=red]Lance Storm:[/color][/b] Oh yeah? [b][color=red]Chris Jericho:[/color][/b] They offered me a written contract for three times as much as I make on the indie circuit. [b][color=red]Lance Storm:[/color][/b] That's nice, but you told him how you couldn't go right? Me and you, we're a team, for keeps. And you got a World championship shot next month. [b][color=red]Chris Jericho:[/color][/b] I...I. [b][color=red]Lance Storm:[/color][/b] Chris, what did you tell him?

[color=red][b]Chris Jericho:[/b][/color] I..I.. I'm Staying. A smile appeared across Lance's face. [color=red][b]Lance Storm:[/b][/color] That's good to hear. A month passed and Jericho was starting to get excited. His match against Biff Wellington for the Canadian Heavyweight championship was just a few days away. He and Storm were growing apart. Ever since Jericho had spoken to the representitive from E.M.L.L. all he could think about was going how he turned down the offer. Was he that stupid to put his friend over such a large ammount of money? He knew he should have been proud for not selling out, but deep down inside, he was kicking himself for turning down the offer. January 29th 1993. The date where two of the highest ranked competitors in Canada were set to collide for Canada's number one prize in the business. The bell rang and the highly anticipated match was on. Biff was circling Jericho, and making quick grabs for Jericho's legs. Jericho clentched his fists and did the same. The two were very wary of each other, being two of the top mat veterans in Canada. Out of nowhere, Biff tackled Jericho down and began locking in a sleeper hold. Jericho was desperatley reaching for the ropes. They were too far away. He stamped his feet on the canvas to give himself some confidence, and he elbowed Biff in the chest. Wellington fell down to the mat, clutching at his chest in pain. Jericho stood up and gave him a dropkick on the floor. Biff rolled to the outside and paced around the ring. Jericho taunted the small crowd. After that, Jericho leapt over the top and landed on Biff across the padded area outside the ring. The two lay on the mat's recupperating as the referee counted. Jericho managed to get back into the ring, and soon, so did Biff. The two had lost a lot of energy as well, and the high risk move Jericho pulled off took even more out of him. The two locked up, and took turns and pushing each other around the ring. They were both desperate. Biff knew that he had a good chance of losing his belt here. Jericho kicked the back of Biff's legs and forced his knee's to buckle. He caught him though, and delivered a nice belly to belly suplex across the ring. The fans clapped in aplaud for both competitors at the fight they are giving to each other. Jericho then slapped his chest and ascended the turnbuckles. This was a rare site in the early 90's, and shocked many of the crowd. Biff stood up and saw Jericho leaping at him with a Missile Dropkick. As if a reflex, Biff smacked Jericho with a clothesline. In a sick display, Jericho landed on the back of his head and lay on the canvas motionless. Biff backed off into the corner looking shocked, thinking he had just ended the career of Jericho oh so early. The referee by now was freaking out and calling for medicals to come out and help. Biff walked towards Jericho slowly and bent over him. Fans thought he was ready to show sympathy, but instead, Biff stood over his opponent with a sick smile on his face. Out of nowhere, Jericho mustered up the energy to roll Biff up into a small package. Supringly, the referee counted to three. The arena overjoyed as Jericho was handed the Canadian championship. He ordered a microphone, and was ready to shoot. [color=red][b]Chris Jericho:[/b][/color] Ladies and Gentlemen, what a damn honor it was to wrestle in front of you tonight, and become the NEW Canadian Heavyweight champion! However, last month, a respresentitive from the Mexican Promotion, EMLL, met with me to discuss a possible exclusive contract with them. I can proudly say I turned them down. However, a few days ago, they called again. They knew I turned them down because of my priorities right here in Canada. My team with Lance Storm, my new championship. So they called and offered my an open contract. I can work dates both over there and here. I've stayed in Canada for three years of my career now, I think It's time to explore the world. But don't worry, because I'm staying loyal to MY home country. I WILL be coming back monthly to perform in front of the people that started my career -- you, the fans. With that, Jericho dropped the mic and left the gym to a standing ovation from the crowd. [b]End of Scene Four Review and Options[/b] This is where it starts getting interactive. The first option to five votes will be the next step towards Chris Jericho's career. [color=red][b][1].[/b][/color] Work with EMLL in Mexico City. [color=red][b][2].[/b][/color] Work with WWA in Mexico City. [color=red][b][3].[/b][/color] Go to Germany with the CWA. Writers Note: These options are just where should Chris START his tour of the world. He will go to them all within the next few scenes.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived