Cornellverse - Lack of Over Talent?!

Hey, So i was wondering if anyone was able to open up a Cult sized promotion in the cornellverse under an SE kind of product?! I'm wondering cause there really isn't enough "over talent" in US region that can work at a high level. SWF has all the mainstream talent, TCW has a couple big names, and DAVE also has a couple "bigger names" but they aren't quite over. Has anyone done this successfully?! Opening up a Cult sized SE company in the US region?! -------------------------- If for some reason I am unable to open up a SE company that large then I may end up opening a company much like the NWA was, or how the WWE was back in the 80's... A more traditional product that focuses on wrestling, with a couple angles.. but nothing crazy. In that case would I have my key feature be Traditional? Also, then what would I have as mainstream?! I'm guessing either Key Feature or Heavy?! Plus I'm sure realism would have to be somewhere around low or medium?! I don't know. Let me know

It is logical that that is the case - with SWF and TCW dominant, and USPW and DAVE just behind them, it's natural that there would hardly be any talented big names left, because they'd have had to burn a lot of bridges to make themselves unemployable. In that situation you probably wouldn't open an SE promotion in America if you were being realistic, the fans needs are already being met and the market is probably oversaturated.

If you realy want to you could always sim it through for a years or so while unemployed and wait to see who SWF & TCW release, Im sure if you simmed for long enough you'd get 2-3 big names to start it with, and perhaps some of the guys that have PPAs that are available to you might have gotten more over. Failing that stick to what your doing, and wait for your workers overness and entertainment skills to naturaly rise (as long as your booking them right), and then when your rosters ready completly switch to SE. Your promotion might lose overness, but if your stars are good enough then a couple of months of good shows will put it straight again.

Thanks for the comments, I wasn't expecting to hear from adam. Was a nice surprise. It seemed as though the SE companies were pretty much taken care of in the US, however, I've played as all 4 of them in separate games so going back doesn't seem as fun. I may just open up a traditional product company & try to rise from a smaller status. I'm not totally sure. Normally within the first 6 months of my game SWF & TCW fall to the point where they lose at least one or two of their big stars. However, I was always too small to pick them up. As for my 2nd Q in the post, If I was going to make more of a NWA/WWF in the 80's kind of product... Is this how it would look overall?! Key Feature: Traditional Heavy: Mainstream Medium: ? Low: Realism I'm thinking If I can offer a more traditional product, the fans don't seem to be as harsh on workers who aren't "over enough" where as SE feds will have the match ratings dip really low, that I could actually find my own niche and if some big names fall from the big three... Then I will be far along enough to transition into an SE Product down the road?

[QUOTE=Zobeto227;260101]I'm thinking If I can offer a more traditional product, the fans don't seem to be as harsh on workers who aren't "over enough" where as SE feds will have the match ratings dip really low, that I could actually find my own niche and if some big names fall from the big three... Then I will be far along enough to transition into an SE Product down the road?[/QUOTE] You would be thinking incorrectly then. You have Mainstream at heavy and you're saying the fans won't be harsh to workers who aren't over? The two contradict themselves. Go have a look at NOTBPW's product and see what their mainstream is set at. Lemme give you an example: Traditional - Key Mainstream - Very Low Modern - Key Lucha - Medium Realism - Medium Comedy - Low Hardcore - Very Low Daredevil - Low I can get B- rated matches with my MIDCARDERS. The most over person on the roster has D overness. Everyone else is E+ or lower. Match ratings are largely determined by worker performance in matches with the above product. I don't run angles (yet) so overness factors in almost none of my show ratings. Nice to have a Small promotion that churns out C+ (with the occasional B- ) rated shows. 'Course, we won't be small after the next two shows but B- works at Regional too, I think. :)

Like Adam said - with all of those top promotions in the US, it wouldn't be realistic to add another to the mix. So instead of doing that in my game - I ended up making a more pure approach. I would consider it more of a TNA in the beginning then anything else. Traditional - Key Feature Mainstream - Low Comedy - Low Cult - Very Low Risque - Very Low Modern - Medium Realism - None Hyper Realism - None Hardcore - Low Lucha Libre - Very Low Pure - Heavy Daredevil - Very Low I also don't have a strict Heel/Face dividing system. I usually tend to stick to it in matches but I kept it at none for many reasons. My minor matches are 10 minutes, mid is 15 minutes, and main matches are 20 minutes. This product works fairly well for me. :D

Both are good ideas. I still want to run some angles & interviews, So I'm not sure whether or not I could completely drop Mainstream down to low levels. I might end up sitting it at Medium?! Atleast that way overness won't be AS important, but it will still allow me to go after some people who can put on a good interview and it can develop some ratings for me that way. To the guy who did a pure company, Did you find that you had to have really good technical workers to make the show good?! Like if you stuck a dud of a big guy in there, did it stink up the joint?!

Archived