Mid Atlantic Wrestling: A True Underdog Story

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B][FONT="Trebuchet MS"] [CENTER]Top Ten After 11 of 12 Events[/CENTER] Dragonmack.....40-18 Midnightnick.....39-19 Nimo34............39-19 Emark..............38-20 Tigerkinney.......33-18 Theoutlaw321....29-14 Trypio..............20-11 Chris Caulfield....20-8 Gremlinator........18-11 D_W_W.............17-7 Best of the Rest: Bgbuff, smurphy1014, Maase, Foolinc, Ping von Erich, Wrestlinggod, Sons of Kohral [/FONT][/B]

[QUOTE=chris caulfield;283643]If you put the records into percentages I'm pretty high then, just saying as I was away for 2 weeks so I missed alot just sayin is all it aint really that fair.[/QUOTE] I thought about doing it on percentage, but it seems to make more sense to just keep it with total wins to reward the people who are here each and every show. Sorry it works out that way for you but it's just the way I decided on it from the beginning.

[CENTER][B][FONT="Trebuchet MS"] [SIZE="4"]MAW Deep Freeze Live From Stanley Hall Saturday, December Week 4, 2007[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Mid Atlantic Championship Match The Mean Machine vs. Mainstream Hernandez vs. Antonio[/SIZE] Last month Mainstream Hernandez and Antonio worked together very well, but Machine's temper got the best of him and he caused Mainstream and Antonio to win, which guaranteed them a triple threat match for the championship. Will that act cost Machine his title, or will he back up the claim that he is the best that MAW has to offer? [SIZE="3"]Des Davids vs. Steven Parker[/Size] In the big main event last month Steven Parker's team came out on the short side, which meant that instead of a title shot, Steven Parker must face one of the most dominate forces that MAW has ever seen, Des Davids, who has been on a roll of late and is looking to catapult himself into instant title contention. [Size="3"]Fox Mask vs. Casey Valentine[/SIZE] Fox Mask broke the news earlier this week that he has signed with WLW for their next tour, so this will be his last match in MAW for sometime. Will his farewell match be a successful one, or will the young rookie pull one out against the wily veteran? [Size="3"]Trent Shaffer vs. Davis Newton[/Size] Aerial Assault takes a break from their tag team dominance this month so that Trent Shaffer can take on the young man loaded with talent, Davis Newton. Newton has been wrestling all over the world of late, and he looks to show the MAW fans what he has learned from it as he looks to take down one half of the tag champs. [/FONT][/B][/CENTER] [QUOTE] Quick Pick Guide: Mid Atlantic Championship: The Mean Machine (c) vs. Mainstream Hernandez vs. Antonio Des Davids vs. Steven Parker Fox Mask vs. Casey Valentine Trent Shaffer vs. Davis Newton [/QUOTE]

I see how this ends it, and determines the final winner. So here's my shot in the dark. Mid Atlantic Championship: [B]The Mean Machine [/B](c) vs. Mainstream Hernandez vs. Antonio Hardest choice. I don't see you hotshotting the title as much as I'd love to see Antonio with it. [B]Des Davids[/B] vs. Steven Parker I don't see much with Parker. Fox Mask vs. [B]Casey Valentine[/B] Casey gets the win because Fox is heading out on Tour. [B]Trent Shaffer[/B] vs. Davis Newton Trent is only getting my prediction here because Aerial Assualt is getting a push, and he's the stronger member of the team.

Mid Atlantic Championship: [B]The Mean Machine (c)[/B] vs. Mainstream Hernandez vs. Antonio [I]Antonio isn't ready yet to hold the title and will be the one who gets pinned here, so you're either going to hotshot it back to Hernandez or have Mean Jean hold on to it for now.....you've had a fair few title changes already in a short space of time, so I reckon you'll choose the latter. [/I] [B]Des Davids[/B] vs. Steven Parker [I]David's begins to cement his place amongst MAW's main event with a big win over the former champion.[/I] Fox Mask vs. [B]Casey Valentine[/B] [I]I see MAW as the sort of promotion that shows respects to those that have paved the way on the Independent scene like someone such as Fox Mask , so whilst I can see Valentine going over...I can't see him going over 'clean' and that way you'll also have a ready made feud for when Fox Mask comes back.[/I] Trent Shaffer vs. [B]Davis Newton[/B] [I]Shaffer may be getting a push in tag competion, but Newton is gradually being groomed for a strong singles run. [/I]

Mid Atlantic Championship: The Mean Machine (c) vs. [B]Mainstream Hernandez[/B] vs. Antonio [I]I'd not be surprised to see the Mean Machine retain. I would be somewhat surprised to see Antonio win though.[/I] [B]Des Davids[/B] vs. Steven Parker Fox Mask vs. [B]Casey Valentine[/B] [B]Trent Shaffer[/B] vs. Davis Newton

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][B][CENTER] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Banner.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="4"]Mid Atlantic Wrestling Deep Freeze Saturday, December Week 4, 2007 Live from Stanley Hall Attendance: 196[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/TrentShaffer.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/vs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/DavisNewton.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="4"]Trent Shaffer vs. Davis Newton[/SIZE] This match was between two men who both have been very successful since debuting in Mid Atlantic Wrestling. Both men also wrestle around the world so this made for a very diverse match. They wrestled a very technical matchup for the majority with Newton trying to avoid turning it into a showdown of speed because he knew Shaffer had him beat in that department. Shaffer tried to turn it into one, and he looked to be successful after hitting a few high risk moves. He then decided to go for a top rope hurricanrana, but Newton caught him on his shoulders then spiked him with a sit-out powerbomb, getting the big victory. [SIZE="3"]Winner: Davis Newton Match Time: 10:17 Match Rating: C-[/SIZE] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/FoxMask.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/vs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/CaseyValentine.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="4"]Fox Mask vs. Casey Valentine[/SIZE] The fans gave Fox Mask a big ovation as he made his way out to the ring for possibly the last time for MAW as he is leaving for Japan’s WLW promotion for a couple of months. Fox Mask provided his signature speedy offense, and the very young Valentine was utterly confused by it. Fox Mask looked to put it away early with the Fox Hunter, but he missed and Valentine got some brief offense in. Fox Mask came back very quickly though and he nailed a flying crossbody on Valentine, but he switched the momentum and rolled up Fox Mask and grabbed the tights to ruin his farewell match. [SIZE="3"]Winner: Casey Valentine Match Time: 6:34 Match Rating: D[/SIZE] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/StevenParker.jpg[/IMG] Steven Parker makes his way out to the ring for his match with Des Davids, but before the action starts he decides that he has to get something off his mind. [COLOR="Navy"][U][SIZE="3"]Steven Parker[/SIZE][/U] Last month I fought tooth and nail to attempt to get the reward in the main event, but that selfish Mean Machine’s ego couldn’t let me get the pinfall and now here I am fighting Des Davids. Machine, once I go through this puffed up, no-talent hack I’m coming back after my championship![/COLOR] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/DesDavids.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/vs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/StevenParker.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="4"]Des Davids vs. Steven Parker[/SIZE] Davids looked like he took exception to the no-talent hack remark and he knocked the taste right out of the mouth of Parker, then he physically dominated him for several minutes. The fans were behind Davids one-hundred percent and expected him to tear Parker limb from limb for the things that he said in the pre-match. Things started to turn around though as Parker’s natural ring presence shined through. He reversed the momentum, the after pushing Davids around for a few minutes he nailed the Future Shock and got the victory. [SIZE="3"]Winner: Steven Parker Match Time: 11:48 Match Rating: C[/SIZE] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/MainstreamHernandez.jpg[/IMG] Mainstream Hernandez makes his way out to the ring for his championship triple threat match against Antonio and Mid Atlantic Champion The Mean Machine. Before the match though Mainstream had something to say to them. [COLOR="DarkGreen"][U][SIZE="3"]Mainstream Hernandez[/SIZE][/U] Well here we are again, I’m getting another shot at the Mid Atlantic Championship, and let me promise you all something, I will become the two time champion tonight. The Mean Machine will forever be known as a fluke champion. He knows that he got lucky in his title match, and tonight I plan on reversing that fortune, and once again Mainstream Hernandez will be the top dog in MAW.[/COLOR] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/MAW_Championship.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/MeanMachine.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/vs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/MainstreamHernandez.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/vs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Antonio.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="4"]Mid Atlantic Championship The Mean Machine vs. Mainstream Hernandez vs. Antonio[/SIZE] The three men stood off toe to toe….to toe before this huge year ending matchup. The bell rang and they looked at each other, then Antonio and Mainstream continued where they left off last month and started the beatdown on the champion. Machine tried to fend them off with little success as the two men smothered him to make sure he could not use his underhanded tactics to gain the upper hand in this title match. After he was thrown from the ring Antonio and Mainstream then started going at it, and Antonio nailed Mainstream with the Italian DDT, then pinned him, but Machine made it into the ring just in time to break it up and save his title. Machine then set Antonio up and nailed the Mood Swing, but Mainstream broke that up. He then hit the superkick on Machine, knocking him on top of Antonio. He then saw opportunity and headed up top to hit the Shooting Star Press on both men. He flew off, but Machine rolled out and Antonio took the force of the move. Mainstream then got up and was met with the Mood Swing and that lead to a successful defense for The Mean Machine in a great last match of the year. [SIZE="3"]Winner: The Mean Machine Match Time: 13:58 Match Rating: C[/SIZE] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/MeanMachine.jpg[/IMG] The Mean Machine then grabs his title and the microphone before the event comes to an end. [COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="3"][U]The Mean Machine[/U][/SIZE] I just proved to you all that I’m no transitional champion, much like Mainstream Hernandez proved to be. I plan to hold onto this championship for a very long time, and just to put an exclamation point on it I’m going to win the Rip Chord Invitational next month, just to prove that I’m the greatest wrestler that MAW has ever seen. So I’ll see you all then to claim my trophy.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]FINAL RATING: C[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/CENTER][/B][/FONT]

[B][FONT="Trebuchet MS"] [CENTER]Final Standings[/CENTER] Dragonmack.....43-19 Emark.............42-20 Midnightnick.....41-21 Nimo34............41-21 Tigerkinney.......36-19 Theoutlaw321....33-14 Trypio..............24-11 Chris Caulfield....23-9 Gremlinator........18-11 D_W_W.............18-10 Best of the Rest: Bgbuff, smurphy1014, Maase, Foolinc, Ping von Erich, Wrestlinggod, Sons of Kohral [Quote]Congratulations to Dragonmack for winning the 2007 Mid Atlantic Wrestling prediction contest! Shortly before the RCI next month I will PM you a list of wrestlers that you can choose from, then just PM me back with your choice and that man will be in the main event of the February event in a championship match. You will then be featured in a nice little segment in the RCI where your pick is revealed.[/Quote] [/FONT][/B]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][B] The following is my MAW roster after one year of game time. The numbers and letters along with the wrestler's name is their record in MAW for the year and their popularity in the Mid Atlantic region. [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Mid Atlantic Wrestling Roster January 2008[/SIZE][/CENTER] [U][SIZE="3"][CENTER]Main Eventers[/CENTER][/SIZE][/U] [COLOR="Blue"]Des Davids[/COLOR]..................4-5...........E [COLOR="Blue"]Fox Mask[/COLOR].....................3-1...........E- [COLOR="Blue"]Mainstream Hernandez[/COLOR]...8-5...........D- [COLOR="Red"]Steven Parker[/COLOR]..............7-6...........E+ [COLOR="Red"]The Mean Machine[/COLOR]........9-5...........D- [U][SIZE="3"][CENTER]Upper Midcarders[/CENTER][/SIZE][/U] [COLOR="Blue"]Antonio[/COLOR]......................7-6............E [COLOR="Blue"]Eddie Howard[/COLOR]...............3-5...........E- [COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR]..............6-2-1.........E- [U][SIZE="3"][CENTER]Midcarders[/CENTER][/SIZE][/U] [COLOR="Red"]Casey Valentine[/COLOR]...........2-1............E [COLOR="Red"]D.C. Rayne[/COLOR].................3-7............E- [COLOR="Blue"]Erik Strong[/COLOR]..................5-3-1........E- [COLOR="Red"]Flash Savage[/COLOR]...............1-4...........E [COLOR="Red"]Oscar Golden[/COLOR]...............2-5...........E- [COLOR="Red"]Ricky Douglas[/COLOR]..............0-2...........F [U][SIZE="3"][CENTER]Lower Midcarders[/CENTER][/SIZE][/U] [COLOR="Red"]Davis Newton[/COLOR]...............4-2.........E [COLOR="Blue"]Kashmir Singh[/COLOR]..............5-5.........E [COLOR="Red"]Mark Smart[/COLOR].................0-3..........F- [COLOR="Red"]Max Mayhem[/COLOR]...............0-3..........F+ [COLOR="Red"]Stan Manna[/COLOR].................1-4.........E- [U][SIZE="3"][CENTER]Openers[/CENTER][/SIZE][/U] [COLOR="Red"]Ryan Turner[/COLOR].................0-0.........F- [U][SIZE="3"][CENTER]Enhancement Talent[/CENTER][/SIZE][/U] [COLOR="Red"]Tempest Appleby[/COLOR]..........0-1.........F- [U][SIZE="3"][CENTER]Managers[/CENTER][/SIZE][/U] [COLOR="Blue"]Nicole Kiss[/COLOR]...................0-0.........E- [U][SIZE="3"][CENTER]Referees[/CENTER][/SIZE][/U] [COLOR="Blue"]Jay Fair[/COLOR].......................0-0.........E+ [U][SIZE="3"][CENTER]Announcers[/CENTER][/SIZE][/U] [COLOR="Blue"]Marv Earnest[/COLOR]................0-0..........E- [U][SIZE="3"][CENTER]Road Agents[/CENTER][/SIZE][/U] [COLOR="Red"]Rip Chord[/COLOR].....................0-1.........B- [/B][/FONT]

[B][CENTER][FONT="Trebuchet MS"] [SIZE="4"]2007 Wrestling Awards[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"][U]Wrestler of the Year[/U][/SIZE] Yoshimi Mushashibo Pride Glory Honor Wrestling [SIZE="3"][u]Top 10 Wrestlers of the Year[/U][/Size] 1. Yoshimi Mushashibo 2. Dan Stone Jr. 3. Mito Miwa 4. Jeremy Stone 5. Nobuatsu Tatsuko 6. Tommy Cornell 7. Bryan Vessey 8. Sean McFly 9. Eisaku Kunomasu 10. Buddy Garner [SIZE="3"][U]Young Wrestler of the Year[/U][/SIZE] Emerald Angel World Level Wrestling [SIZE="3"][u]Veteran Wrestler of the Year[/u][/SIZE] Eric Tyler Total Championship Wrestling [SIZE="3"][U]Female Wrestler of the Year[/U][/SIZE] Sensational Ogiwara 5 Star Supreme Wrestling [SIZE="3"][U]Promotion of the Year[/U][/SIZE] Supreme Wrestling Federation [SIZE="3"][U]Most Improved Promotion of the Year[/U][/SIZE] Ultimate Combat Ring [SIZE="3"][U]Match of the Year[/U][/SIZE] Dan Stone def. Jeremy Stone North of the Border Pro Wrestling [SIZE="3"][u]Event of the Year[/u][/SIZE] NOTBPW Wrestling Night December 2007 [/FONT][/CENTER][/B]

[B][FONT="Trebuchet MS"] [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Rip Chord Invitational Saturday, January Week 1, 2008 Live from Stanley Hall[/SIZE][/CENTER] [SIZE="3"][CENTER]Trent Shaffer vs. The Mean Machine Des Davids vs. D.C. Rayne Antonio vs. Davis Newton Mainstream Hernandez vs. Steven Parker[/CENTER][/SIZE] [QUOTE]Quick Picks: Round 1: Trent Shaffer vs. The Mean Machine Round 1: Des Davids vs. D.C. Rayne Round 1: Antonio vs. Davis Newton Round 1: Mainstream Hernandez vs. Steven Parker Round 2: ??? vs. ??? Round 2: ??? vs. ??? Finals: ??? vs. ??? [/QUOTE] [/FONT][/B]

Round 1: Trent Shaffer vs. [B]The Mean Machine[/B] [I]Machine has to get past the first round else your main title is worthless.[/I] Round 1: [B]Des Davids[/B] vs. D.C. Rayne [I]Davids losing this one would do him no good.[/I] Round 1: Antonio vs. [B]Davis Newton[/B] [I]Not sure about this one. Newton is on a roll, but last years winner getting kicked out in round one. Hmm...[/I] Round 1: Mainstream Hernandez vs. [B]Steven Parker[/B] [I]Another hard one. Hernandez just had his reign at the top and will probably step back a bit, so I go with Parker.[/I] Round 2: [B]The Mean Machine[/B] vs. Des Davids [I]From here one I'm not sure anymore. You could set up a Davids vs. Machine fued for the title, but you also could be doing something else :)[/I] Round 2: Davis Newton vs. Steven Parker [I]Well, another hard one. I think it would be stupid to end Newton's streak in the semi final of the tournament. [/I] Finals: The Mean Machine vs. [B]Davis Newton[/B] [I]I think you'll set up a Newton vs. Machine fued for the title, with Machine winning of course. I also think the RCI is something for up and coming stars and not something for those who are already considered stars in MAW. A gateway to the main event scene so to speak.[/I] [I]Hmm... one of the hardest events to pick.[/I]

I'm sure my picks will bomb, but the tourney should be a fun read regardless: Round 1: Trent Shaffer vs. [B]The Mean Machine[/B] Round 1: [B]Des Davids[/B] vs. D.C. Rayne Round 1: Antonio vs. [B]Davis Newton[/B] Round 1: [B]Mainstream Hernandez[/B] vs. Steven Parker Round 2: The Mean Machine vs. [B]Des Davids[/B] Round 2: [B]Davis Newton[/B] vs. Mainstream Hernandez Finals: [B]Des Davids[/B] vs. Davis Newton

Archived