A question. Opinions appreciated.

I'd have bought TEW 07 by now, but due to financial issues I haven't been able to. I own TEW 05 but haven't really played it in some time. I've wanted TEW 07 since it seems to have most of the features I've been waiting for in one of Adam's games. My question is, should I buy it or wait and see what Adam has planned? Money is always an issue it seems and when I have it I spend it on something else. I've been slacking this past year. Normally I'd be reading up on the forums on a near daily basis. I'm a bit behind on what people think about the current game. Honestly, can this game get any better than what it already is? Okay so more like two questions.

i never owned tew05 (only played the demo a lot), but i absolutely love me some tew07. however, you have to be realistic with your financials, and only buy it if you can afford it without any sort of problem. i'd say keep jammin the '05 until you can justify the purchase of '07 and not have the $35 missing from your account bite you in arse.....

Other than adding a few tweaks here and there to gameplay (and that is usually done where appropriate through Adam's frequent patch releases) I can't see this game becoming vastly superior to the '07 version. It's a great game and as good as '05 is I think '07 is that much better. I really love it.

I can bet another TEW wont come out at lest for another 6 months, it seems after adam finishes a game he patches it up with bug fixes that got threw bata testing and and maybe adding 1 or 2 things that just make the game run and work better for first month or two and then he starts on his next game. so we might not see another tew until at lest 08

[QUOTE=shipshirt;270247]I can't see this game becoming vastly superior to the '07 version.[/QUOTE] Oh ye of little faith :D [QUOTE=Craig Edwards;270249]I can bet another TEW wont come out at lest for another 6 months...so we might not see another tew until at lest 08[/QUOTE] If there was another TEW it would be at least a five month development cycle from start to finish. WMMA isn't likely to be out until September at the earliest, plus one month of full-time support and one month off. Therefore, if there was a TEW08 it absolutely wouldn't be out before May 2008, even if everything else went perfectly.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;270252]Oh ye of little faith :D If there was another TEW it would be at least a five month development cycle from start to finish. WMMA isn't likely to be out until September at the earliest, plus one month of full-time support and one month off. Therefore, if there was a TEW08 it absolutely wouldn't be out before May 2008, even if everything else went perfectly.[/QUOTE] We have faith. And thanks for the heads up as far as the time table is concerned. As to answer the original question, as much as I loved '05, I love this one that much better. The game really challenges you.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;270252]If there was another TEW it would be at least a five month development cycle from start to finish. WMMA isn't likely to be out until September at the earliest, plus one month of full-time support and one month off. Therefore, if there was a TEW08 it absolutely wouldn't be out before May 2008, even if everything else went perfectly.[/QUOTE] Note to self: make thread whining about a release date starting Jan 08. I was not a big fan of 05. But I love 07. Unless you are living in a cardboard bx, i think scraping together the money is a pretty good investment. There are thousands of different ways to play and keep the game fresh, its challenging, and there are quite a few really good mods out there (both real world and CVerse).

[QUOTE=Jonfun;270804]So there will be a TEW 08?[/QUOTE] Jonfun, read Adam's reply. He's being cagey and noncommittal. I doubt he's going to come right out and say yes or no because a) it'll probably affect the sales of the current game (people deciding to hold off until the next one comes out) and b) because he's already currently working on a game and doesn't want to paint himself into a corner. Peter's joke is also apropos in that if Adam says TEW08 is a go, before actually starting on it, people will complain about lack of updates on "the new game", when Adam's already engrossed in making WMMA. Besides, I'm sure the decision has to be made on whether to make 08 (if it does happen) a complete rewrite (as 04 and 05 were) or whether the current game engine is capable of handling the updates/features he might like to bring in. I'm hoping there's another TEW version and I'm hoping it's a complete rewrite. But I know how these things go and I know I wouldn't make promises before I actually sat down with time to devote to making that decision, so why would I expect Adam to do differently?

Well then, thanks for all of the replies. Greatly appreciated! I've tinkered with the demo a bit. Not much, but enough to know that I like what I see. I mostly toyed with the editor. I had plans to create my own database, but I'll probably just add to the existing data. I think once I have the extra funds I'll be buying the game. Thanks guys.

I bought TEW '05 last year, only 2 days before Grey Dog and Ryland announced TEW '07, just 2 days. But it seems to me that I can play through 05 alot faster than 07 because there's less features that you need to worry about. But in 07, there's more micromanagement involved, but in 05, you can get into a game, spend less than 5 minutes setting things up, and before you know it, you've booked 2 months of shows in less than an hour. Well, atleast that happens for me.

Archived