The GDSFFL Draft Room/Info Booth

mjdgoldeneye

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A thought popped into my head when looking at the league scoring rules earlier, and I figured I'd ask it here. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but looking at the league set-up it appears that we get credit for a Kickoff/Punt Return TD on both the offensive and defensive sides. For example, let's say Devin Hester returns a kick for a TD. The person who has him on their team and active would get the six points for the TD. Also, whomever has the Chicago D/ST active would get six points. Sound about right? I'm just curious because it could make a few guys more appealing to me...

So, on the [URL="http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/259950/settings"]Yahoo settings page[/URL], what are the Return TDs it lists? If you look, it lists Reception Yards, Reception Touchdowns, and Return Touchdowns. Then down below the defensive categories it lists Kickoff And Punt Return Touchdowns. Or is this just another instance of Yahoo being weird?

[QUOTE=nZane;277996]What's the set-up and everything like? I've got way too much free time on my hands, so another fantasy league would probably be ok for me...[/QUOTE] Hopefully you can make this out, lol I don't really feel like trying to edit it to look better. 12 Teams, 2 Divisions. POSITIONS STARTERS MAXIMUM Quarterback (QB) 1 4 Running Back (RB) 2 8 Running Back/Wide Receiver (RB/WR) 1 N/A Wide Receiver (WR) 2 8 Tight End (TE) 1 3 Defensive Tackle (DT) 0 1 Defensive End (DE) 0 1 Linebacker (LB) 0 1 Cornerback (CB) 0 1 Safety (S) 0 1 Defensive Player Utility (DP) 1 N/A Team Defense/Special Teams (D/ST) 1 3 Place Kicker (K) 1 2 Punter (P) 1 2 Bench (BE) 9 N/A Injured Reserve (IR) 2 N/A Every 20 passing yards 1 TD Pass 6 40+ yard TD pass bonus 1 50+ yard TD pass bonus 2 Interceptions Thrown -2 2pt Passing Conversion 2 400+ yard passing game 3 Rushing Every 10 rushing yards 1 TD Rush 6 40+ yard TD rush bonus 2 50+ yard TD rush bonus 3 2pt Rushing Conversion 2 200+ yard rushing game 5 Receiving Every 10 receiving yards 2 TD Reception 6 40+ yard TD rec bonus 1 50+ yard TD rec bonus 2 2pt Receiving Conversion 2 200+ yard receiving game 5 Miscellaneous Every 25 kickoff return yards 2 Every 25 punt return yards 2 Kickoff Return TD 6 Punt Return TD 6 Fumble Recovered for TD 6 Each Fumble Lost -2 Kicking Each PAT Made 1 Total FG Missed -1 FG Made (0-39 yards) 3 FG Made (40-49 yards) 4 FG Made (50+ yards) 5 Punting Punts Inside the 10 2 Punts Inside the 20 1 Blocked Punts -1 Touchbacks 1 Fair Catches 1 Punt Average 44.0+ 5 Punt Average 42.0-43.9 4 Punt Average 40.0-41.9 3 Punt Average 38.0-39.9 2 Punt Average 36.0-37.9 1 Defensive Players Each Sack 2 Every 1 Total Tackle 1 Interception Return TD 6 Fumble Return TD 6 Blocked Punt or FG return for TD 6 Blocked Punt, PAT or FG 2 Each Interception 2 Each Fumble Recovered 2 Each Fumble Forced 1 Each Safety 2 Each Tackle for Loss 2 Passes Defensed 1 Team Defense / Special Teams Each Sack 1 Interception Return TD 6 Fumble Return TD 6 Kickoff Return TD 6 Punt Return TD 6 Blocked Punt or FG return for TD 6 Blocked Punt, PAT or FG 2 Each Interception 2 Each Fumble Recovered 2 Each Safety 2 0 points allowed 10 2-6 points allowed 7 7-13 points allowed 4 14-17 points allowed 1 22-27 points allowed -1 28-34 points allowed -4 35-45 points allowed -7 46+ points allowed -10 Less than 100 total yards allowed 5

[QUOTE=nZane;278905]So, on the [URL="http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/259950/settings"]Yahoo settings page[/URL], what are the Return TDs it lists? If you look, it lists Reception Yards, Reception Touchdowns, and Return Touchdowns. Then down below the defensive categories it lists Kickoff And Punt Return Touchdowns. Or is this just another instance of Yahoo being weird?[/QUOTE] Nope. you're right. I always assumed the returnd TDs just were rewarded to the special teams, but I guess you get the points as well if you have a guy on your roster who is a returns guy. EDIT: Actually, now I'm not sure because I just went to Reggie Bush and they don't show him getting any fantasy points for any of his return TDs.

[quote=nZane;278921]I think I saw somewhere that when you set up a league you can specify which way you want to do it. Maybe MJD can shed a bit more light on this for us...[/quote] I have been going on the presumption that MJD was using the default Yahoo scoring setup. MJD, if you could clarify, that would be most appreciated, as customizations would have us reassess our draft boards and strategy. And for the record, I'm not travelling anywhere this week and I'll be online with bells on!

I just turned Punt/Kick Returns TD's off for Individual Players. Yahoo! has Kick/Punt returns on default for only individuals, but I turned on the ST portion, but forgot to switch the other off. ONLY Special Teams can score Kick Return/Punt Return TD's now. It makes more sense because it allowed CB's and other Defensive players to score. Ignore i effin rule's roster positions. IDK why he has defensive guys in there... Your roster should be: 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 Flex WR/RB 1 TE 1 K 1 DEF/ST 6 Bench

I effin rule's rosters are for an ESPN fantasy football league he was needing another person for (which I'm now a part of). At this point, I'm well aware of the roster requirements and I'm just waiting for the draft tomorrow to see if all of the effort I put into compiling data and forming an educated opinion pays off. I'm very interested to see how this draft plays out... By the way, are we setting a time limit on picks tomorrow, or how is that going to work? Or are we just skipping time limits entirely?

Um, let's make it so that you have 15 minutes to get to the draft room after 4 PM EST, and after that, if some people aren't on, we start, and then you have 10 minutes to pick. Obviously, if you're here and give a reason for why you may take more than 10 minutes or whatever, we can give you a bit more time. If you have a feeling that yu wont be on, or if you have to leave early, PM me a strategy, and I'll try to follow it for you. If not, I'll go by Yahoo's player rankings and who you still need. And, here's an idea: [B][SIZE="5"]YOU MAY NOW PICK![/SIZE][/B] It isn't mandatory, and there isn't any time limits, but if you're on the clock, you may pick. This way, we'll be able to get some stuff done before the real draft starts. [B]nZane[/B] is up, and I'm 99.86% sure he wants LT, but I'll let him post...

Did you guys want to just start a new thread for the draft? Might make it easier to follow. Or not. Whatever works... And you can bump that up to 99.99% for LT. Depending on how we decide on the draft, I may make that 100%. Or not. I'm a n00b, afterall. I could throw a curveball in there... (OMG FIRST PICK MICHAEL VICK WOOOOOO!!!)

Oh, and I believe Machinesxe has the second pick and isn't back from his trip or whatever, so we may not get too far. Anywho... [I]With the first pick in the 2007 Grey Dog Software Fantasy Football League draft, the E-Ville Elite select... [COLOR="Red"][B]LaDainian Tomlinson, RB, San Diego Chargers[/B][/COLOR] Machinesxe is now on the clock...[/I]

[QUOTE=i effin rule;279123]Wouldn't it just be easier to draft within yahoo? That way if for whatever reason someone can't make it yahoo will draft for them. I also think it might be easier to keep up with everything and less work for you mjd. Just a suggestion.[/QUOTE] No, I've already made it clear: It doesn't EVER work correctly, people's computer's freeze up, java decides to glitch and people end up with 15 copies of Aaron Schobel. Draft is still HERE are 4, and whoever is up may draft early.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;279226]No, I've already made it clear: It doesn't EVER work correctly, people's computer's freeze up, java decides to glitch and people end up with 15 copies of Aaron Schobel. Draft is still HERE are 4, and whoever is up may draft early.[/QUOTE] I've never heard of that happening.

Archived