The GDSFFL Draft Room/Info Booth

mjdgoldeneye

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Welcome to the Inaugural Season of[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2372/shieldpb1.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="4"]The GDSFFL (Grey Dog Software Fantasy Football League)![/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [B]What is it?:[/B] A Fantasy Football League set up here, on the GDS boards! [B]Who's in it?:[/B] If you don't know already, you're too late! Sign ups are over, and the official teams are: [B]1. mjdgoldeneye - Quahog Clams 2. Wallbanger - Tagon's Toughs 3. PeterHilton - Bad Newz KennelZ 4. jbergey_2005 - Vikings 5. nZane - E-Ville Elite 6. i effin rule - Effingham Dukes 7. theoutlaw321 - THEOUTLAWS 8. FarkenGudstuf - Irish Drinking Team 9. machinesxe - dUrty uPstate 10. Astil - The Fighting Amish 11. masterded - Minnesota Zombies 12. Remianen - Bushwick Hooters[/B] [B]What will the rosters look like?:[/B] The official roster set up will be: 1 Quarterback 2 Runningback 2 Wide Receiver 1 Flex WR/RB 1 Tight End 1 Kicker 1 Defense/Special Teams 6 Bench [B]Players Per Team:[/B] 15 [B]Total League Roster positions:[/B] 180 [B]Draft Order:[/B] [B] Odd Rounds[/B] 1. nZane 2. machinesxe 3. i effin rule 4. jbergey_2005 5. theoutlaw321 6. Wallbanger 7. PeterHilton 8. mjdgoldeneye 9. Remianen 10. Farken Gudstuf 11. masterded 12. Astil [B] Even Rounds[/B] 1. Astil 2. masterded 3. Farken Gudstuf 4. Remianen 5. mjdgoldeneye 6. PeterHilton 7. Wallbanger 8. theoutlaw321 9. jbergey_2005 10. i effin rule 11. machinesxe 12. nZane [B] Current Draft:[/B] [B]ROUND 1[/B] 1. LaDainian Tomlinson 2. Shaun Alexander 3. Stephen Jackson 4. Larry Johnson 5. Frank Gore 6. Joseph Addai 7. Peyton Manning 8. Brian Westbrook 9. Travis Henry 10. Laurence Maroney 11. Willie Parker 12. Rudi Johnson [B]ROUND 2[/B] 1. Ronnie Brown 2. Steve Smith 3. Willis McGahee 4. Tom Brady 5. Donavon McNabb 6. Reggie Bush 7. Cedric Benson 8. Maurice Jones Drew 9. Carson Palmer 10. Marvin Harrison 11. Clinton Portis 12. Drew Brees [B]ROUND 3[/B] 1. Reggie Wayne 2. Chad Johnson 3. Mark Bulger 4. Terrell Owens 5. Roy Williams 6. Larry Fitzgerald 7. Torry Holt 8. Brandon Jacobs 9. Andre Johnson 10. Matt Leinart 11. Thomas Jones 12. Edgerrin James [B]ROUND 4[/B] 1. T.J. Houshmandzadeh 2. Randy Moss 3. Anquan Boldin 4. Carnell Williams 5. Chris Chambers 6. Deuce McAllister 7. Jon Kitna 8. Antonio Gates 9. Marques Colston 10. Marshawn Lynch 11. Philip Rivers 12. Javon Walker [B]ROUND 5[/B] 1. Julius Jones 2. Amani Toomer 3. DeAngelo Williams 4. Jerious Norwood 5. Donald Driver 6. Lee Evans 7. Tony Gonzalez 8. Deion Branch 9. Laveranues Coles 10. Hines Ward 11. Matt Hasselbeck 12 Tony Romo [B]ROUND 6[/B] 1. Randy McMicheal 2. Adrian Peterson 3. Chicago D/ST 4. Todd Heap 5. Baltimore D/ST 6. San Diego D/ST 7. Plaxico Buress 8. Vince Young 9. Tatum Bell 10. Darell Jackson 11. Jeremy Shockey 12. Reggie Brown [B]ROUND 7[/B] 1. LaMont Jordan 2. Jamal Lewis 3. Calvin Johnson 4. Patriots D/ST 5. Santana Moss 6. Kellen Winslow 7. Vincent Jackson 8. L.J. Smith 9. Denver D/ST 10. Chris Cooley 11. Miami D/ST 12. Ronald Curry [B]ROUND 8[/B] 1. Dallas D/ST 2. Vernon Davis 3. Marion Barber 4. Ladell Betts, RB/WR 5. Bernard Berrian 6. Braylon Edwards 7. Jacksonville D/ST 8. Ahman Green 9. Jason Witten 10. Pittsburgh D/ST 11. Carolina D/ST 12. Brandon Jackson [B]ROUND 9[/B] 1. Dallas Clark 2. Jay Cutler 3. Ben Watson 4. Eli Manning 5. Philadelphia D/ST 6. Adam Vinatieri 7. LenDale White 8. Nate Kaeding 9. Jason Elam 10. Shayne Graham 11. Robbie Gould 12. Jeff Wilkins

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;272341] [B]When will the Draft be?:[/B] Thursday, August 16th, 2007, 6 PM EST [B](PENDING)[/B] [/quote] That date is fine by me. [quote][B]What's the point?:[/B] Fun! :D I was thinking it would be possible for us to set up a prize deal via pay-pal where the winner gets a DVD or something within a certain price range... I doubt it'll work. [/QUOTE] The only real prize is pride and the only real victory is humiliating your foe. I suggest something along the lines of publicly declaring the greatness of the victor for 30 days or so, using the board. For instance: Location: "Kissing so-and-so's rear end" Fir the winner: Location: "Standing over my fallen foes" etc...

The date's fine by me. The time could be a bit iffy, but I think I can make it work. I like PH's ideas about the prize. There shouldn't be any kind of money involved. [b]Real[/b] football fans are all about pride! But maybe a mod or board admin could step in and give the winner a nifty title under their name or something similar... Oh, and nice job on the logo, MJD! I like it!

Date seems fine I will be on. Though what are we going to do though if like person number 1 or 2 isn't here? I mean no matter what I doubt we will finish the draft day one; hell I doubt we will finish one round. So what do we do just all sit around and have nothing happen or do they get moved to the back? Then at least everyone present gets at least one pick on day one. Also with the prize thing I am cool either way gentlemen's or a gift. (if we all put in $2 it would be enough for a DVD with shipping so I don't see that as a big deal/cost)

[B]Machinesxe will not be available for the suggested draft date. A few people have not posted that they will be available. I suggest we move the draft date to Sunday, August 19th. I need EVERYONE involved in the draft to post if the date is ok or not. If you do not post, I will PM you. If you do not respond, you will be replaced or we will pick without you! (You'll draft by player rankings...)[/B]

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;274010][B]Machinesxe will not be available for the suggested draft date. A few people have not posted that they will be available. I suggest we move the draft date to Sunday, August 19th. I need EVERYONE involved in the draft to post if the date is ok or not. If you do not post, I will PM you. If you do not respond, you will be replaced or we will pick without you! (You'll draft by player rankings...)[/B][/QUOTE] Yeah sunday the 19th should be fine. I will be at home for part of the day and at work at a PC the rest of it.

As of now, 8/19 should be ok. I can't absolutely commit -- I travel for work, and I can get called on a trip on short notice, but I'll advise you guys if something comes up. If I have to, I'll send the commish a custom player ranking plus a draft strategy so he can pick in my absence.

Official Draft Order Using a random # generator, the draft order was decided. It is officially: [B]1. nZane 2. machinesxe 3. i effin rule 4. jbergey_2005 5. theoutlaw321 6. Wallbanger 7. PeterHilton 8. mjdgoldeneye 9. Remianen 10. FarkenGudstuf 11. masterded 12. Astil[/B] You may trade your position in the draft with another player if they allow it, but not individual picks. Note that the order "snakes" so when going from an odd #'d round to an even one, Astil has 2 picks in a row. (When going from an even round to an odd one, nZane gets 2!) So, having an early pick may not be the best strategy all the time, because, for example, there are 22 picks between nZane's first and his second!

Archived