The GDSFFL Draft Room/Info Booth

mjdgoldeneye

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Wallbanger;309081]At least you get a consolation prize. :) It is a rather wide open race right now, next couple of weeks will be interesting.[/QUOTE] This has been my fav league in a long time. 8 weeks in yet almost all of us have a chance and most of us are active.

Even I still have a chance! I'm in 9th place, and I only have 2 wins! I'm 3 out of 1st place! Also, [B][SIZE="4"]TRADE OFFER[/SIZE][/B] I'm willing to trade either the Minnesota D/ST or the Baltimore D/ST [I]and[/I] one of the following: Deion Branch, Chris Brown, Warrick Dunn; for a consistent and successful WR or RB.

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;311905]I would like to make my weekly curse of masterded for taking Adrian Peterson. A HEX ON YOU@![/QUOTE] First a moment of silence for the Chargers Rush defense. Second a round of applauds to Petersen for setting a new NFL record (296 yards rushing). Third I am so happy that I got him.

[quote=masterded;311915]First a moment of silence for the Chargers Rush defense. Second a round of applauds to Petersen for setting a new NFL record (296 yards rushing). Third I am so happy that I got him.[/quote] Petersen is turning out to be the only bright spot in an otherwise forgettable year for the Vikes.

[quote=nZane;311940]I'm a bit torn. On one hand, Addai is hurting me in Fantasy. On the other hand, Addai is hurting New England in real life. Ah well, when in doubt, I'll cheer for the Colts over the E-Ville Elite.[/quote] Heh, I know how you feel. Here's hoping Addai gets another TD! In another league I might just knock off an unbeaten team (Brady pretty much carries the team and I have Detroit DEF).

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;311942]And maybe, just maybe, if the Indy-NE defensive struggle continues, and a Dallas-Philly defensive struggle happens tonight, I might just steal a game I have no business winning.[/QUOTE] This game is making me nuts. Peyton and Welker are no-shows. And I *know* I'm going to need all the points can get because the Iggles always light up the Cowboys.

Seriously, I *should* be at alittle over a hundred points and my kicker goes Monday and I'm still sweating this game big time. I'm a Cowboys fan, so I'd be rooting against Philly regardless. But because I'm a Cowboys fan, I know how much McNabb and Westbrook LOVE playing Dallas. I feel like throwing up. Nothing worse than your fantasy team getting beat at the same time as your fanboy team.

Just wanted to add this: I watched the Minn/SD game and Adrian Peterson just isn't real. he never gets taken down by the first tackler, he's strong enough to just physically abuse people at contact, and on multiple plays he just has another gear to get around corners. Honestly, he has to be considered as the #1 Pick in next year's draft. Especially if the Vikes make any upgrade whatsoever in the passing game.

[quote=PeterHilton;311998]...Especially if the Vikes make any upgrade whatsoever in the passing game.[/quote] And therein is the rub. We wasted multiple opportunities to upgrade at receiver in the offseason. We also wasted multiple opportunities to get a quality veteran backup for Tavaris Jackson. The O-Line is solid, but there will be holes to plug in the coming years. Of course, we didn't know that Petersen would show this level of studliness this early, which is very cool, but the neglect at QB and WR was just criminal. I mean, when your biggest off-season offensive signing is Visanthe Shiancoe with what was available, you screwed the pooch badly. Petersen is looking to be one of those once-every-20-years kind of running back you can build an offense around. I just wonder if the Viking front office knows how to do that.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;312057]If the Eagles explode, I might have a chance this week... Doubtful though... This is the worst I've ever been in a fantasy league! Also, don't worry about the Chargers D... It's the ST too, and the Field Goal return is a free 6 points... (Should be...)[/QUOTE] Yeah..with the special teams TD, and the two turnover, even the Chargers' pathetic showing was worth 7 points. And I wasn't really worrying about it. Unless something crazy hapens in the 2nd half, this game is just about over.

[quote=nZane;312045]Yeah, I'd been going back and forth on that one all week. So far, so good. Westbrook snagging the TD helped me in my other league, so no complaints there...[/quote] Beginning to look like you're not going to get any love either way -- Crayton hasn't even made a catch yet and Brown only had those two early. And if Philly can't stop Dallas in the red zone you won't get any FGs from Folk to draw it closer. [Of course now that I've opened my big mouth I've probably jinxed it...] EDIT: Oh hell. If Folk gets one more FG and Brown doesn't get any more catches, then we tie. That would mean there would be three 6-3 teams and three 5-3-1 teams in the top half of the standings!!! EDIT 2: Allow me to say, for the record: Whew!

Archived