The GDSFFL Draft Room/Info Booth

mjdgoldeneye

I personally hope Maroney crashes and burns, but that's because I hate the Patriots with an all-consuming passion. Aside from my blinding hatred, Maroney could certainly be good, but he's been a bit injury prone (who hasn't?). Also, with all of the new weapons on the passing side, will they even look his way as often?

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;279515]Oh... Nice pick, as he'll be a steal this year, but you know he got a sprained knee or something in preseason like yesterday?[/QUOTE] Type 1 MCL sprain, which you could get stepping off the sidewalk wrong. It's not an issue. :) The Ultimate Leader™ will use the players that give him the best chance of winning. TH with Mike Bell as a change of pace, is just that kind of player. Tatum Bell was not, which is why he currently plays for the worst team in the NFL. :)

[QUOTE=FarkenGudstuf;279534]The Pats have to run the ball sometimes and Maroney is the guy to do it without Corey Dillon this year.[/QUOTE] The Pats have to run the ball A LOT, in my view, or else pass rushers will pin their ears back and gun straight for the golden egg laying goose wearing #12. Kinda like Tennessee just did. ;)

[QUOTE=Remianen;279530]Type 1 MCL sprain, which you could get stepping off the sidewalk wrong. It's not an issue. :) The Ultimate Leader™ will use the players that give him the best chance of winning. TH with Mike Bell as a change of pace, is just that kind of player. Tatum Bell was not, which is why he currently plays for the worst team in the NFL. :)[/QUOTE] That Ultimate Leader stuff is terrible. Call me when he gets to a SB w/o Elway.

[QUOTE=Remianen;279530]Type 1 MCL sprain, which you could get stepping off the sidewalk wrong. It's not an issue. :) The Ultimate Leader™ will use the players that give him the best chance of winning. TH with Mike Bell as a change of pace, is just that kind of player. Tatum Bell was not, which is why he currently plays for the worst team in the NFL. :)[/QUOTE] I thought Tatum Bell went to Detriot, not Oakland ;)

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;279539]That Ultimate Leader stuff is terrible. Call me when he gets to a SB w/o Elway.[/QUOTE] It's a joke, Peter. Look at Coach Shanahan's rather verbose bio [URL="http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=357&contentID=415"]here[/URL]. That's what he refers to himself as.

[QUOTE=Remianen;279547]It's a joke, Peter. Look at Coach Shanahan's rather verbose bio [URL="http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=357&contentID=415"]here[/URL]. That's what he refers to himself as.[/QUOTE] Oh I know the reference. That's why I think its terrible. Frickin Shanahan.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;279549]I never understood taking WR before their QB's...[/QUOTE] It is a combination of whom you think will get you more points and who also is more likely to get you more points then someone of the same position you would have drafted later. So I went with him over a QB or another RB for the pick.

[QUOTE=masterded;279542]The Minnesota Zombies select for the second round [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]WR, Steve Smith, CAR[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE] Interesting pick. Not a big Willie Parker fan but most pubs have him around the Top 5 of RBs so you got value at #11. Basically, if Willie is as good as advertised, then Smith is a steal. [QUOTE=FarkenGudstuf;279550]The Irish Drinking Team Selects... [COLOR="Red"][B]RB Willis McGahee, Baltimore Ravens[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE] ****!

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;279553]Oh I know the reference. That's why I think its terrible. Frickin Shanahan.[/QUOTE] Give credit where it's due. The man has had total control since the day he showed up and he's done nothing but win (or barely lose). While I'm not buying the "Ultimate Leader" shtick, I can't salt his game. He has reason to believe that, given his accomplishments and the failures of his more highly touted peers (how's Seifert and Mooch doin'?). Remember, this is the man that Al Davis called "an idiot" when he summarily tossed him on his ass. Who's the idiot now?

You are a few minutes overdue, Remi. If you don't pick within 3 minutes, I'll do it for you, and any further delays after your time has run out, and I will not warn you. I don't want this to take 10 hours, and I'd like chatter between picks to be limited to those who aren't on the clock...

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;279569]You are a few minutes overdue, Remi. If you don't pick within 3 minutes, I'll do it for you, and any further delays after your time has run out, and I will not warn you. I don't want this to take 10 hours, and I'd like chatter between picks to be limited to those who aren't on the clock...[/QUOTE] *shrug* Fine by me.

Archived