Just a Thank You to Adam...

I'm not kissing Adam's ass or anything, I'm simply thanking him for all his hard work and dedication. I find it very odd that something that was merely a hobby has turned into something that could end up becoming a career for you, Adam. Over the past 6 or 7 years, I've seen the Extreme Warfare series evolve from 4000 to Revenge and now to TEW. Your game series has not only become a hobby of mine but a habit. And a good one at that. TEW was totally worth the $35 I spent because it's makes my dream of becoming a professional wrestler stronger than ever. I feel like I have power while running a promotion in TEW and it's something I'd love to do in the future. You gave you life to this series, or so it seems and I just want to thank you for it all. Thank you, Adam, for making MY hobby become a career just like we've done for you. I'm sure everyone is very grateful for your work, Adam, and I'm thanking you on behalf of myself and everyone else. Keep the up the awesome work, I will surely be buying WreSpi... it's gonna rock just like everything else! Billy "LOWKI02" Stanford Professional Wrestler (In Training)

I am kissing Adam's ass by saying this project has every opportunity to be the best and may even top all his previous projects.... But I do mean this game could very well be a really great and amazing game without kissing his ass :P I can't wait for the release!!!

I personally don't see any ass-kissing here. I see some appreciation here, and it's a nice change from what I saw way back when Adam announced TEW's plans. I remember all the "OMG!1!!11 HEZ CHARGENG MONEE NOW, WTF, WAT A SELLOUT!!!111111" I don't know if I've looked hard enough since joining here, but it seems like this place isn't like that and that's really cool to see. I helped beta-test for Adam on an old project (EWR) and I can definitely say he puts a ton of time and effort into his work. Much thanks deserves to go to him for all his work, not just his recent stuff, and I still appreciate the opportunities he gave me back in the day. I'm sure his stuff is going to get better and better, since he finds new ways to top himself. Cheers to Adam. He deserves something back too. Until I find something I better, I hope this helps for the time being: [IMG]http://www.charisma-carpenter.com/pics/stills/cc322.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah, I enjoy playing WreSpi. It's hard to enjoy my other games, because they're all pure simulators, so I can pretty much "win" every time because I know what the best way to do everything is. WreSpi is a game, and so being the programmer doesn't give me that much more of an advantage than everyone else. Which is proved by the fact that i'm not very good at it :p

I used to be a wrestling fan (back in the WCW days-less the dumb gimmicks) but I have fallen away from it since 1999. However, this game looks very promising. While simulations is where its at for me, I still may be buying this game just because it looks as if would be a fun game to sit back and enjoy. :) Having said that, I am looking forward to TEW (or any other wrestling [B]sim [/B] that you may create). Although I have yet to buy such a sim (in that genre) I am looking at expanding my options on certain types of sims such as wrestling.

• 3 weeks later...
Good to hear Adam. I know what you mean about simulators and once you know the secret formula, the challenge disappears. I'm looking forward to WS since it should offer a continuous challenge, especially starting as a rookie and trying to make it to the Big Leagues. Just the matches should be challenge enough, but working politics, choosing jobs, etc. will make it a lot of fun. Just curious, which wrestlers are you using when you play? Any chance you could give us a dynasty of sorts detailing a wrestler going through a month or two of a career?

Archived