War Of The Immortals - Idea Thread

The downside is if you do it by styles, you could probably run into the territorial problem as well. If worse comes to it, combine the two. (I.E. A Mid-Atlantic or Tri-State promotion could possibly be Hardcore-based [ECW], your New England promotions could be sports-entertainment (WWE), and so forth. This way each promotion can start as their own local/small area, and possibly lead to wars between two different types as their spheres of influence grow.) I know that seems totally off-the-wall, but it's just a thought. Feel free to disregard this concept.

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;275042]If you're both not careful I'll make the Hollywood Wrestling Association with Arquette as Champ and Chucky as the #1 Contender[/QUOTE] Fine, then I get the winner! :D All kidding aside, however, I have a suggestion for the champions in each federation--leave 'em vacant. Let each player decide for themselves who should be the champion(s) in each promotion/area and go from there. Now, if you wanted to set up a save game with the user assigned to no promotion, and have champions already assigned in the database (a la After the Fall's default NWA save), well...who can fault you for that?

Yeah, I agree, I don't think there'll be any history beyond the starting date. I guess some kind of... time vortex deal happened, all the wrestlers got put into the one universe, but they're all on their first-year contract, there's no stables or teams beyond the actual ones and no set champions or title history. Anyone have ideas for feds and workers who would feature? At the moment, I've got some fleshed out a little... Mid-Atlantic Pro Wrestling - Flair, Steamboat, Arn, Tully, The Giant, The Hardyz Carolina Championship Wrestling - Dusty Rhodes, Triple H, Windham, Road Warriors, Helms and Moore Mid-South Something Something - DiBiase, HBK, Booker T, Bradshaw, Stan Hansen, The Blackjacks Texas Wrestling Alliance - Austin, Terry Funk, Von Erichs, The Guerreros, Rey Mysterio It's a little rough, I have other feds planned but they're nothing but names. The feds above I have decent ideas of what they should be, but I'm open to changing them if people have better ideas.

There is no way to know how or when or where to include the greatest Heavyweight Champion in the history of professional wrestling... How do you include a man who has served in the Legions of Neptune, was born in Parts Unknown, scaled the highest plains of existence, surfed over the lava fields of Mars, and captured the greatest glories in the known Universe? How can you possibility put together something that will explain the man known only as The Ultimate Warrior...a legend in time...nothing can explain what the Warrior was at the height of his powers...pain...purity...madness...destruction!

[QUOTE=The Warrior;275400]There is no way to know how or when or where to include the greatest Heavyweight Champion in the history of professional wrestling... How do you include a man who has served in the Legions of Neptune, was born in Parts Unknown, scaled the highest plains of existence, surfed over the lava fields of Mars, and captured the greatest glories in the known Universe? How can you possibility put together something that will explain the man known only as The Ultimate Warrior...a legend in time...nothing can explain what the Warrior was at the height of his powers...pain...purity...madness...destruction![/QUOTE] And the nice young men in their clean white coats have released "The Ultimate Warrior". Insider's have noted that the doctor's were heard to say "He's driving us nuts!"

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;282540]Canada will have a full scene, but Japan and Mexico - eh. I couldn't do either of them justice, so will just add the massive legends and the ones who featured in the U.S.[/QUOTE] Why not partner with someone who knows Mexican and Japanese wrestling? And what about Europe and the UK? Surely there are enough guys from there that made it big to have at least one fed there.

Because there's nobody with an in-depth knowledge of Japan and Mexico to partner with who: a) knows how to mod b) is reliable I could half-arse some Japan and Mexico feds later on, but they're not a priority at all. As for Europe and the UK, there's not enough talent to make more than one fed there. I could, but I don't really see the point of adding Local Manchester Worker #92 just to fill in the gaps, when I could be adding workers people actually know of.

Archived