Talking out of retirment???

I have heard you can talk someone out of retirment. Is this true? I would really like to. In MY TNA game Sting just announced he is going to retire at the end of the month but I wanted to keep him around for at least 3 more months. So can you perswade people not to retire? When I go to business it says he has already announced retirment so you can not do anything with him. Help is appriciated.

I'm not 100% sure but I think that you can still have wrestlers compete in the ring even after they have retired. I remember hearing about this (I haven't done it yet myself), barring any sort of serious injury that would limit what they could do in the ring... I think you can still have them work in the ring if you want. So, Sting should be just fine for using as long as he is under contract and without any sort of serious injury!

you can still use him yeah, but i think the matches suffer a little because he's "retired" You could always go into the ingame editor, set his status back to active/semi-active whichever it is currently at until you've finished using him, then just set him back to retired when you're done

I'm still using Jack Brisco a little post-retirement, but I haven't seen my ratings suffer for it . . . Sometimes retired people just start to slip in popularity, so I suppose that could be what actually causes the ratings decline. I dunno, really. One thing, though, is that their style is set to "Never Wrestlers", so that could be the issue. Just edit the style back to what it always was and do whatever you like, you should be okay as long as popularity stays up and you don't over-expose.

[QUOTE=hurricanendp;273813]you can still use him yeah, but i think the matches suffer a little because he's "retired"[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=ColtCabana;273824]Yeah, the matches and segments are terrible. I set Austin to Semi-Active just so his segments would be rated better, but as always using the editor is up to you.[/QUOTE] I haven't seen this. I keep several retired wrestlers on my roster, to work dark matches with my 'developing talent' (basically, like trainers) and I haven't noticed the match ratings being below what I'd generally expect. In fact, in a product where in-ring performance is paramount, I CAN'T use this strat as often as I'm used to because the retired worker (Jaguar Yokota, Yumi Fukawa, Momoe Nakanishi) is so talented that they bloat the match rating purely because of their own skill. I don't think you can talk someone out of retirement like you can talk them out of a hiatus though.

[QUOTE=Jacko00;276208]I used a retired Ric Flair and he did allright[/QUOTE] In my AJW game, Lioness Asuka just announced her retirement (at age 41). When the month is up, she's going to become a trainer and road agent and I don't expect her usual B-/B rated matches to slip all that much outside of the fact that she'll be wrestling far less talented workers.

Archived