Star quality & Looks? Sports Entertainment

So, I may be looking into this way to deep... BUT... I was wondering if Star Quality & looks matter when it comes to your "top guy" in your company if you're running a Sports Entertainment product?! Why I ask this is because ever since I put the belt on Angry Gilmore my ratings have kinda fallen, PPV buyrates are falling each month from the last, and the grade of my shows are sitting at a B (maybe a B+ if I put on a really good show). Could the fact that Gilmore only has a B for both Star Quality and Looks be the thing that's aiding in my slide?! It may sound stupid, but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone else knew?! Would it be better for me & my company (Sports Entertainment) to put the belt on someone like Remo who has a Star Quality of A* and looks of a B?! I'm trying to right the wrong and steer my company back in the right direction, and wanted to know what others thought would be best?! I really like Angry Gilmore, but despite his amazing abilities in the ring... Things don't always seem to "work" well with him? Thanks!

He's been doing really well actually. Win/Loss: 8-3-3 Match Average: B+ Highest Rating: A* So, It may not even be Angry that's the problem, I could just be dropping the ball with the rest of my roster below the Main Event Scene?! (Just like most Huge SE companies). I just didn't know if his Star Quality & Look was hurting my product at all.... Where a champion like Remo or Runaway Train would potentially make everything go back up?

That makes sense about the buy rate problem. I was just wondering what my problem was. I guess I have to learn how to book SWF better though as I tend to always book a B show (even PPV's). Most shows have atleast one A rated match and some have a couple A*'s on top of that, however, still a B rating. So I guess it's not really Gilmore or his looks... But rather the fact that I need to book better. haha. Thanks guys.

[QUOTE=Zobeto227;274559]The Industry & Economy are as follows: Economy: D Industry: B+ [/QUOTE] Are they rising or falling?! You note your PPV buyrates are falling but if the economy is falling, it would stand to reason, wouldn't it?! Also, keep in mind that 07 differs from 05. Whereas in 05, your last two matches basically MADE your show, in 07, you have to have quality throughout (just about). So Angry could be GOD as far as wrestling is concerned and you could still crap out because of everyone else. You don't generally blame PPV buyrate drops on the champion, after all. Who's responsible for buyrates, when you get right down to it? edit: Yeah, what you said. Try putting some B rated matches earlier in the show to boost the crowd a bit leading into the 'meat' of the program.

[QUOTE]Are they rising or falling?! You note your PPV buyrates are falling but if the economy is falling, it would stand to reason, wouldn't it?![/QUOTE] Yea, They are both raising right now! [QUOTE] edit: Yeah, what you said. Try putting some B rated matches earlier in the show to boost the crowd a bit leading into the 'meat' of the program.[/QUOTE] Yea, I need to really boost up my booking. I'm trying to put some new workers over (Zachary Strong = Sam Strong's Kid I created, "Damien" = The American Buffalo, Marc DuBois and "Leonardo Muse" = Jack Griffith), So that could be the reason why my show ratings are somewhat average. I'm hoping after the grunt work is out and I've gotten these guys over I can start to see some great shows! (Esp. PPV's)

Archived