Mid South Wrestling: Rises Again!

[CENTER](ooc.... This will be a similar to my old UWF diary, I just felt compelled to begin again as I will be using FOORC Mod, that will be much more managable for me on my ancient computer) [B][SIZE="6"]The Return Of Mid South Wrestling[/SIZE][/B] [B]The scene in the board room of WWE Titan Towers[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/titan.jpg[/IMG] Attending the meeting is Vince, Shane, Stephanie McMahon, Pat Patterson, Michael Hayes, Jim Ross, Arn Anderson, Ricky Steamboat, James Laurinaitis, Bruce Pritchard, and writers Brian Gerwitz, Tom Chehak and Ed Koskie [B]Vince:[/B] Gentlemen, we have arrived upon a tumultuous time in the world of sports entertainment...The Media is all over the world of professional wrestling since the Beniot tragedy... Congress has ben knocking on our door as well...Ratings have plummeted to an all-time low with the 2.9 we recieved for last weeks Raw... USA network is not happy, We have injuries to many of our top superstars...TNA is spending more money...ROH has entered the world of PPV....We need to do something big to shake up this industry and that is why we are all here today... [B]Patterson:[/B] So, boss what do you have in mind?? [B]Vince:[/B] I dont know anymore Pat, I thought I had the next big storyline with the killing off of the Mr. McMahon character and then we have to abandon that...It seems as if it has been just going down hill since... Gentlemen it is time to brain storm..... [B]Gerwitz:[/B] How about we go with another big McMahon angle with you having an illegitimate kid.... [B]Vince:[/B] I like the idea, but I think we need to shake up the entire industry, something will change the way wrestling is percieved... [B]Laurinitias:[/B] Well, we talked about buying out PRIDE, what if we do so and mix the the world of MMA and Sports Entertainment together.. [B]Arn:[/B] Already done, its called UFC...and that is another thing that is killing the wrestling business.. [B]Bruce Prichard:[/B] How about we put an end to the brand extension, that way we're putting out our top stars on each and every television show... [B]Chelak:[/B] Well that would probably eliminate my job, so I'm going to say we no to that, as the wrestling fans will tire of seeing the same people 3x a week... [B]JR:[/B] Maybe that is part of the problem...We may not be putting out the same talent 3x a week, but we are putting out the same storylines each and every week... Maybe the way the talent is displayed could be a way to go.. [B]Shane:[/B] Since UFC and MMA is so popular, why dont we present our stars and our matches with a more MMA feel to them... The industry goes through changes and maybe thats the next change we need to make.. [B]Laurinaitis:[/B] Then were going to saturat the market with the same thing that is already seen with all this bodog fights, K-1, UFC stuff... It will all be the same.. [B]Steamboat:[/B] Why dont we mock the ROH style...After all when the WWE ushered in the Attitude era based on mimicking the style of ECW.. The WWE took off and the ratings war soared... [B]Vince:[/B] That is a distinct possibility, Maybe we should take one of our brands and just do that... [B]Stephanie:[/B] However mainstream america may not be into generic characters and lack of storylines... They dont care about match quality... They want to see the episodic, super heroes we show...and beside we then may go through an internal struggle for power based on the successes one brand may have over the other and then we end up having the same product again on all 3 brands... [B]Michael Hayes:[/B] Well instead of consolidating or changing any of brands style, why dont we create a 4th brand... That we secretly finance...Much like we did with the ECW back in its heyday... Afterall that spiked the general audiences interest as wrestling was really hot back then... [B]Bruce Prichard:[/B]But we barely have enough quality talent and writers to put storylines for the 3 brands we have.... [B]Michael Hayes:[/B] We have plenty of talent that we aren't really using, because we dont have the time.... And they are tons of talent out there in the independents and internationally that could be presented as new talent... Imagine if some brilliant wrestling mind outside of this room...like Paul Heyman or Gabe Sapolsky had CM Punk, Chavo Guerrerro, Harry Smith, Teddy Hart, Shelton Benjamin, and then raids TNA for AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Americas Most Wanted and present a totally different style then we produce...We will still have a following because well we are the WWE, but this new promotion will provide an alternative for fans and that will spike their interest in wrestling again and if it was a completely seperate entity it will challenge us and TNA and ROH and all of a sudden Wrestling is back on top of MMA and becomes the buzz of pop cuture again... [B]Vince:[/B] That makes some sense, I dont know how crazy I am about sharing the wrestling fans dollar bills with another entity which is seperate in itself... [B]Arn:[/B] It may just create more fans, or bring back old-ones, that would like to see the Ric Flair vs Harley Race again or a Magnum TA v Nikita Koloff type of storyline... Something more oldschool, while we provide the new school mentality and ROH caters to workrate enthusiasts and TNA because its run by Vince Russo just shut downs because they are trying to be to similar to us...I dont know, I know I'm rambling, but just a thought... [B]JR:[/B]Well I know were all familiar with the way the territories were back in the 80's, why not help finance the start of a new territory, that has enough names to attract attention, but works a certain area, that they dont really impact us...Instead they re-create some of the fantastic old-school storylines and angles from yesteryear with todays athleticism and I think you have that new alternative... You know what they say, whats old is new again... Heck I'd love to go off and do that and stay close to home, so I dont have to travel as much and would be willing to finance some of my own money, as long as Vince helps it get off the ground and doesn't change his mind a raid all our talent... [B]Vince:[/B] So you move home.... You run/announce/write whatever an old-school approach to wrestling...Which will have some of the fans that we've alienated perhaps get back into wrestling... You develope new talent or change the image of some current talent... You dont compete with us, because your regional but you create a buzz and you bring more people back into the world of wrestling and we can thrive off the competition,create new stars and take fans away from TNA....Hmmmmmm... I think we may be on to something to be continued[/CENTER]

A Meeting Behind Closed Doors [CENTER][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/titan.jpg[/IMG] Everyone has left the room with the exception of Vince McMahon and Jim Ross [B]JR:[/B] You know Vince, the more I think about this, the more excited I get about the prospects of this venture....I personally would love the challenge of recreating the past with todays athletes... Not to mention the prospects of less travel... I could set up shop in my home state of Oklahoma... [B]Vince:[/B] Here's my thought process... I help you get this off the ground, I let you buy-out some of the contracts of our talent, to give you some name value...You appeal to the old-school fans who have become disenchanted with our product, some of which have turned to TNA as an alternative... Those fans follow our new venture...TNA's ratings drop thus making WWE's look better... The media picks up on this as a new, yet old alternative....A buzz is created in the wrestling world...Bringing more fans back in and help the industry re-generate itself...I like what I'm hearing from myself. [B]JR:[/B] My only worry is I'd like total control, I may have some investors that may want to get involved with such a product... The WWE cannot come in and change my vision... I do not want a repeat of Paul Heyman and ECW... This will be a seperate company on its own, your just going to help it get started and your not going to try to doom us and put us out of business before we can even get the ball rolling.. [B]Vince:[/B] Not while your not a threat to me! Besides what can you possibly do to scare me in that nothing happening state you call home in Oklahoma. [B]JR:[/B] So, your giving us a little capitol to get started, you're going to keep your nose out of my business, you're going to sign a non-agression pact with us for at least 1 year, until we get our feet off the ground... and [B]Vince:[/B] You're going to create a buzz, big enough to draw notice, but not step on my shoes.... You're going to make new stars, that will eventually want to come back to me... You're going to make a dent on TNA's audience... You're going to pay back the capital I invest 125% in 3 years... You're not going to make me angry! [B]JR:[/B] What can I possibly do to make you angry in my little corner of the world... Now about the talent. (To be continued)[/CENTER]

Talent Talks [CENTER][B]Vince McMahon and Jim Ross were accompanied to a secret meeting to discuss talent relations by only Shane and Stephanie McMahon...Word on the street by Dave Meltzer and Wade keller is that Vince is contemplating a brand extension, however details are still sketchy according to the journalists[/B] [B]Vince:[/B] This meeting is top secret, hence why I've only included my family in the discussion...I dont want word to slip out that I have helped finance this project, because that will just give those media types thatmore room for scrutiny... The story that will be told is that WWE in cost cutting measures will be releasing some talent as well as Jim Ross, who aspires to spend more time at home.... JR, this will be your venture, with your investors, you can put a spin on it what ever you like, as too you being able to recruit some released talent due to your relationships... So lets get to it...Who do you want to discuss first.. [B]JR:[/B] First name I want to bring up is [B]Bobby Lashley[/B]...The old tri-state territory where I will run(Okl, Tex, LA) had JYD, Lashley could be our JYD... He's big, amateur background, our audience will want an African American Hero....He really isn't ready for prime-time...He still needs to develope personality... Some time with us and you can have a huge superstar in a year or so time... [B]Shane:[/B] Jim, he already is a superstar, and while he may not be ready, he is certainly going to be one of our faces over next 5 years...Dad, I say no way. [B]Vince:[/B] I agree with your assesmnet JR and it makes sense, but Lashley is going no-where. [B]JR:[/B] Well how about Elijah Burke or Shelton Benjiman [B]Shane:[/B] Burke is all we really have on ECW with Punk and Morrison, Shelton could be parted with... [B]Vince:[/B] I still have alot of hope for Shelton and am not ready to part with him...Marcus Cor Von has been having some issues, with a couple of no-shows... I'd be willing to let him go and we have a built in reason of why he was released... [B]JR:[/B] I could see some use for Cor Von, he's no spring chicken and has a bit of an ego...Can we keep the Cor Von name if we so choose... [B]Vince:[/B] Why not, it'll give him some continuity if and when we bring him back... Marcus Cor Von is yours...next [B]JR:[/B] Well I wanted to go for a couple of tag teams...London and Kendrick and Murdoch and Cade...and WGTT of Haas and Benjamin. I really can see splitting up these teams and making them true singles stars... [B]Stef:[/B]I dont like Murdoch and Cade, their just kind of plain in my mind, London and Kendrick are small, and WGTT has no peronality.. [B]Vince:[/B] I've got another run or two with Londrick, Shelton I want to keep...and Cade and Murdoch are easily replaceable...Just need to get the belts off them... Charlie Haas is one step away from being a "Heat" jobber, so I will part with 3 of the six Murdoch, Cade and Haas are yours.....next [B]JR:[/B] CM Punk to be my top technical heel or face depending on what our needs will be [B]Stef:[/B] I could live without Punk [B]Vince:[/B] CM Punk is the exact kind of wrestler signed, which we hope you'll develope for us someday...He came in with a name and character and a fanbase.... He is going no-where...Next. [B]JR:[/B] Randy Orton, let him be my problem for a year and imagine the heat he will have in a year or so... [B]Shane:[/B] Imagine the heat he has now...Not to mention, he'll be main-eventing several PPV's in next year [B]Vince:[/B] No, Next [B]JR:[/B] How about some developemental talent down in OVW or FCW... Harry Smith, Teddy Hart, TJ Wilson, Mike Kruel, Jay Bradley, Chet The Jet, Paul Birchall, Ted Dibiase Jr. Jake Hager, Oleg Prudius.. [B]Vince:[/B] No way on The New Hart Foundation, I'm not so sure we want to let Birchall go, that can be up for negotiation...Dibiase Jr. is nowhere near ready for us, so I say yes to him, same for Hager and he's an Oklahoma boy I know your courting...Prudius is frustrating me, I'll have to think about that one...Chet the Jet is almost ready for a call-up, Jay Bradley I'm very indifferent on...Yes to Dibiase Jr. and Hager... The others I need to think about. [B]JR:[/B] How about Kasey and Cassidy James [B]Stef:[/B] Dad, they suck, they are so southernish wrasslers with bad looks...Weren't we going to release them anyways.. [B]Vince:[/B] Yes, so sure, if you can make something out of them, more to you...JR I've got to go, working on this new big angle for RAW where I'm going to have an illegitimate kid...We can talk about more wrestlers again, I just need to talk to creative to see what they think of some of these futures.. JR's cell phone rings, the voice on the other end is not known all JR says is, "I've got [B]Marcus Cor Von, Charlie Haas, Ted Dibiase Jr., The James Boys, Trevor Murdoch, Lance Cade[/B] and [B]Jay Bradley[/B], what kind of news do you have...You dont say, well thats great, I want to get this stuff on paper before I tell him... (To Be Continued)[/CENTER]

[IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/observer.gif[/IMG] [B]WWE NEWS:[/B] In their annual cost cutting procedures the WWE has let go of the #1 announcer of the past 14 years in Jim Ross....Ross who has been fired on several other occasions in the past cited that he is interested in returning to his roots and opening up an independant promotion based out of Oklahoma... Sources have told the wrestling observer that Ross has already reached an agreement to promote events in the city of Tulsa, Oklahoma at the Tulsa Convention Center....It is believed that Ross is in negotiations to run events in and around the New Orleans area and as well in Houston, Texas... The rumors of these 3 cities, brings one to question is Jim Ross intending on resurrecting the old Mid-South wrestling promotion... A couple of thoughts make one believe that he is... First, A recent DVD of Mid South wrestling has hit retail stores and sold very well, especially in the cities being mentioned that may be run by Ross... In addition when Micah Watts son of Bill Watts was contacted about whether he may sell his video library to the WWE, Micah responded that he would not as several new options may come to fruition regarding Mid South Wrestling video library.. Joining Ross on the unemployment line after the last batch of WWE releases were. Trevor Murdoch and Lance Cade, Marcus Cor Von (who has no-showed recent ECW house shows), Charlie Haas (who has been released for the second time) as well as developemental wrestlers Jay Bradley, Kasey James and Cassidy James... Ted Dibiase Jr. was let out of his deal as he has expressed an interest in working in Japan and amateur wrestler Jake Hager (who hasn't developed as fast as the WWE had hoped), Rene Dupree (wellness program issues), Aaron "The Idol" Stevens and ECW Diva Ariel round out the list of WWE releases at this time.

Rise of the Mid-South [CENTER][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Midsouth.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JimRoss.jpg[/IMG] [B]Jim Ross[/B] continues on his cell phone [B]JR:[/B] All we have to do is cross the T's and dot I's and we have a nice base to our roster [B]JR:[/B] We certainly should be able to appeal to the old-school fan... We've got ourselves some big ole boys that'll knock the snot out of each other [B]JR:[/B] So, who have you recieved confirmation on signing from the independants [B]JR:[/B] Matt Bloom, Talk about a big ole boy... He's a great fit for that One Man Gang type roll [B]JR:[/B] Wow, thats a nice pick up too... I mean he's got nice size and can go in the ring and he has a nice menacing quality about him, that should translate very well to our audience... How about his tag team partner and Kayfabe brother Danny... No, so its just Doug...Well still a nice pickup [B]JR:[/B] Talk about a guy who can go in the ring and he's an Oklahoma boy as well... Will Brent be working for ROH? Just us, thats a great pick-up [B]JR:[/B] Joey Matthews very nice... We'll probably have to stick with Matthews since Vince already had some issues with him and let him go..and may not allow us to use Mercury, like he is with Marcus Cor Von... Still he's got that southern heel appeal to him... [B]JR:[/B] How'd things go with Matt Morgan... Oh, no word, but there is still hope...Good... What about Corino?.... Doesn't want to make a big commitment with impending retirement...Nigel? Staying with ROH, I see... [B]JR:[/B] Well I'll be meeting with Vince again tommarow to discuss a few more talents...I'm going to go hard for Ken Doan, Paul Birchall, and a few more developemental talents... [B]JR:[/B] I think its better we dont mention your involvement until I finalize everything, you know him with his ego... He might pull everything off the table if he knows your involved [B]JR:[/B] Oh yeah, looks like I got deals in place to run New Orleans, Houston, Tulsa, Oklahoma City and I have that contact with the Versus Network who has stated they may be interested in bringing us on, if we have a different product with some name value.. [B]JR:[/B] Allright, I'll talk to you later...Bye [B]JR:[/B] Oh, yeah and it looks like we can use Mid South Wrestling... I'll probaly start leaking more of this info to Meltzer or Keller![/CENTER]

[QUOTE=Oldschool;275704][CENTER][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Midsouth.jpg[/IMG] [B]JR:[/B] I think its better we dont mention your involvement until I finalize everything, you know him with his ego... He might pull everything off the table if he knows your involved [/CENTER][/QUOTE] Ted Turner? Considering that Mid-South was broadcast on TBS prior to Crockett promotions getting the slot... Or is it Bill Watts?

Based on comments in the post the roster so far: Marcus Cor Von Joey Matthews Brent Albright Trevor Murdoch Lance Cade Matt Bloom Casey James Kassidy James Ted Dibiase Jr. Jake Hager Not a bad start. Hopefully fortune smiles and somehow you get Samoa Joe and AMW from TNA.

Closed door meeting #2 with Vince [CENTER][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/titan.jpg[/IMG] [B]Good ole Jim Ross is set meet with Vince McMahon in a one-on-one meeting regarding the rest of the talents contracts that will be sold to ross's new promotion..[/B] [B]Vince:[/B] What are you running JR, The World Wrestling Re-tread Federation...I've heard through the circles that you've picked up some of castaways in Joey Mercury, Brent Albright, A-Train and I dont want to forget about Doug Basham... [B]JR:[/B] Wow, it doesn't take long for word to get out...Doesn't it... Anyways, I see alot of "old-school" qualities in many of these talents that given the time to develope storylines will become very compelling characters [B]Vince:[/B] What about these so-called investors you have? [B]JR:[/B] Strictly money people, who just want the 70's and 80's feel of wrestling return to Oklahoma... [B]Vince:[/B] Bishoff?....... Turner?........Heyman?.......Stone Cold Steve Austin? [B]JR:[/B] I cant reveal Vince, not at this time...Like I said its just some people that will help us get our feet off the ground... Anyways, Vince I came here today to talk about 2 guys who you just aren't really using and that's Paul Birchall and Kenny Dykstra... [B]Vince:[/B] Wow, everyone is really high on Birchall aren't they? He is way too talented, I just need to figure out how to use him... Kenny is only 21? I certainly must have a use for him? [B]JR:[/B] You could let us develope a perosnality for them for you over the next year or so...Birchall would be our lead man,top dog, probably are title holder.... Kenny would probably be that young upstart that could just go in any direction (heel or face) [B]Vince:[/B] If you could just choose one of the two who would you pick? [B]JR:[/B] Paul Birchall! [B]Vince:[/B] Allright, Kenny Dykstra it is....next! [B]JR:[/B] Still no, on Shelton Benjamin, Randy Orton or CM Punk? [B]Vince:[/B] No, it's still hell no! [B]JR:[/B] Well who are you going to offer? [B]Vince:[/B] Well Tatanka, Sylvan Grenier, Chuck Palumbo, Funaki are still on the roster... How about one of them? [B]JR:[/B] How about Val Venis? [B]Vince:[/B] How about no! [B]JR:[/B] Well, I guess I could do something with a Chuck Palumbo [B]Vince:[/B] Great have him, are we done yet? [B]JR:[/B] Well i wanted to mention a few of your developemental guys.... [B]Vince:[/B] Who ? [B]JR:[/B] How about Roadkill, Charles Evans, Mike Kruel, Kofi Kingston [B]Vince:[/B] Lets make this simple, anybody but Steve Lewington, Chet the Jet, Harry Smith, Teddy Hart, that big russian guy,Colt Cabana, Charles Evans and Jacob Duncan. [B]JR:[/B] Can I have Kofi Kingston, he's kind of a carbon copy of Shelton Benjamin,Jay Bradley, Eddie Craven and a couple of your jobbers like Wyatt Young, Chris Guy and Heath Miller [B]Vince:[/B] Fine, Are we done? [B]JR:[/B] Well, no...One more that you just recently called up, Jesse Dalton is Terry Gordy's son...can we get him... [B]Vince:[/B] Why is Michael Hayes going with you? Is he one of your financeers [B]JR:[/B] No, not yet, but I'd love to have him join us.. [B]Vince:[/B] JR, Gordy fits for you and now I'm done with you, figure it out from here... Create a buzz in the wrestling world, build new stars, take viewers away from TNA..Make old fans new and lets right this industry [B]Vince leaves the board room...JR opens his cell phone and dials...All of a sudden you hear JR stating...No luck on Birchall, but we got Kenny, Chuck Palumbo and some developemental guys, that are all second tier guys...Should be able to fill out rest of the roster with them... We are set with our meeting tommarow...... correct?......What about the other guys, will they be there?.....Good, see you then[/B][/CENTER]

The First Meeting [CENTER][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JimRoss.jpg[/IMG] [B]Jim Ross is making his drive into a little old corner building in downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma, where 3 other investors are waiting to join him...The discussion is to talk of the new regional promotion that Vince McMahon has backed, by selling the contracts to Jim Ross...However, when McMahon made the decision for JR, to go out on his own he had no idea JR was going to take his little regional promotion and link up with some of the best minds this industry has seen[/B] JR opens the door, to the new offices of [B][SIZE="5"]MID SOUTH WRESTLING[/SIZE][/B] and then looks at his 3 financers, who are working on making this become a reality........ [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/billwatts.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/cornette.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/dibiase.jpg[/IMG] [B]JR:[/B] Well, Gentlemen, the world of wrestling thanks in part to Vince McMahon supplying some known talent, is set to take a turn back to the era, substance not style, to the era of kyfabe, to the era of well thought out angles and storylines... It's a return to "oldschool" and boy is he gonna be pissed when he finds out you 3 are involved.. [B]Cornette:[/B] There is not a snowball's chance in hell, that Vince McMahon would have put his Vince McMahon on that contract if he knew I was here... [B]Watts:[/B] He's not to kind of me, because I wouldn't sell him our Mid South Library to him and now its going to be a part of the history of the sport that we'll be able to showcase... [B]Dibiase:[/B] Well, all I have to say is he likes me... [B]JR:[/B] For now, until he realizes he's been somewhat double crossed by me as 've partnered up with this motley crue [B]Watts:[/B] Well it seems to me, that we have a nice little roster to work with.. [B]Dibiase:[/B] well if people remember the old mid-south they'll remember some big ole hoss's like Jim Duggan, One Man Gang, Ernie Ladd, butch Reed, Dick Murdoch, Terry Gordy and we got some big ole boys ourselves. [B]Watts:[/B] I'll tell you, I really like what we have to work with... Marcus Cor Von can be extremely charismatic, Lance Cade is a hoss, with some skill, same for Trevor Murdoch...CHarlie Haas, Kenny Doane/Dykstra and Brent Albright remind of Ted in that their physical specimens yet have outstanding technical abilities.. [B]Dibiase:[/B] There is some great young talent as well... Jake Hager is former big 12 wrestling champ from Oklahoma, Kofi Kingston is a charismatic youngster with great athletic ability...Eddie Craven is a tough SOB who got his start down in Texas, Terry Gordy's son and there's this Dibiase kid as well.. [B]Cornette:[/B] I got to add, that I like the addition of Matt Bloom and I'd like to announce that we'll see the return of a new Midnight Express managed by myself as the we return to the place that put us on the map... [B]Watts:[/B] We could probably use another name or two to round out the roster...I'd like some veterans to help show these youngsters the ropes... [B]JR:[/B] guys what we need to work on now is our schedule... I'm proposing TV taping Sunday Afternoon that will air during the mid-week...Essentially that Mid Week TV show will drive fans to buy tickets to our weekly Friday Night event which we can rotate between Houston, New Orleans, Tulsa and Shreveport... The we hold one big monthly card on a Saturday Night, that we would eventually put on PPV or sell on DVD's or both... [B]Watts:[/B] That would keep it simple as we would just initially run on weekends and then eventually down the road, we can add small house shows in smaller towns on Mid South area on a Monday or Tuesday... [B]Dibiase:[/B] What about TV? [B]Cornette:[/B] Well Teddy, Thats were I come in and I have a great contact with the Versus Newtork that tells me they are looking for new programming and have a vested interest in carrying our product... One of the account executives is a die-hard "OLDSCHOOL" wrestling fan, that believes there is certainly a market for our product and that we may very well have a home on their network, very soon... [B]JR:[/B] One last thing for today guys, I plan on recreating a nostalgiac factor by re-introducing the Mid South North American Heavyweight Championhips and Mid South North American Tag Team Championships...I think it would be a good idea to bring the TV title back as well... [B]Dibiase:[/B] So where do we go from here? [B]JR:[/B] Ted, you need to start working with the boys on how to tell a story in the ring, how to capture the fans attention...Get in the ring with them...dust of some old tapes..Show them the way............... Bill, you need to get that video library working, because I can certainly see us airing some of your classic footage on the new show... We may also want to look the route of syndication as well.........Jim, we need you to finalize this deal with VERSUS, and help bring in a few more veterans to help work these youngsters..... and I need to strat promoting and find a way to keep a vengeful Vince MCMahon off our @ss (to be continued)[/CENTER]

Observer report [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/observer.gif[/IMG] [B]Independant Report:[/B] [I]Word has officially come out of the Jim Ross camp that he will be officially promoting in and around the state of Oklahoma... Ross, has been quoted as stating, " He wants to stay involved with wrestling and get back with dedication of promoting the basics...Which according to him are well-written storylines, re-ushering in kayfabe, and overall attention to detail in promoting a wrestling company... It has been rumored that Ross will be supplying a home for several of the recently released WWE talent including Charlie Haas, Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch, Kenny Dykstra and Chuck Palumbo... In additions rumors abound have the new Ross project going after a couple of big names like Brock Lesnar and/or Steve Austin...I would expect Ross to sign a few more of the recently released WWE talent, but no confirmation has been made... Meanwhile, one has to speculate if Vince McMahon is even a silent partner in this venture...As there are strong rumors that Ross has recieved financing from someone other than himself...and because when Vince McMahon was asked about Ross starting his own wrestling league...Vince McMahon was nothing but supportive of Ross's decision and happy that several of his released talents would have an opportunity to work right away...In addition there is spculation that both trevor Murdoch and Kenny Dykstra would both continue with their WWE given names and for Vince to allow that, we'd have to assume there was a connection of sort... Finally, the last word out of the Ross promotion camp is that Ross plans on re-introducing the North American Heavyweight championship and the North American Tag Team Championship, as well as a television championship as this promotion may already be working on a TV deal...We will have more details as word breaks on this new promotion...[/I]

JR returns to his office [CENTER][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/titan.jpg[/IMG] [B]Jim Ross has returned to the WWE headquarters in Stamford, Conn. [/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JimRoss.jpg[/IMG] his purpose is to clean out his office and to thank Vince McMahon for the talent exchange that Ross will use to open up Mid South Wrestling...when suddenly grabbing him by the collar and shoving him into a nearby board room was........[B]an ANGRY Vince McMahon![/B] [B]Vince:[/B] You Fat Son of a B!tch, You neglected to mention to me that your "investors" were that no good redneck Bill Watts and that damn weasel if there ever was one in Jim Cornette... [B]JR:[/B] Vince, personally I don't know if you would've made this deal on talent had you known Watts and or Cornette were involved... [B]Vince:[/B] Your damn right I wouldn't have.... I've been trying to deal with Watts for his library for years and he has spurned every offer I've ever made...I cant stand that man since back in the 80's when he knocked our celebrity approach to wrestlemania's and Cornette after his time in TNA is another man that is just dead to me... [B]JR:[/B] But, Vince, These two men along with Ted Dibiase and myself will provide that old-school wrestling approach that will ultimately become the perfect compliment to your entertainment company...We will help re-juvante this business that is in the processing of hitting hard times and throw in TNA and ROH into the mix and wrestling is sure to take off, beased on the options that a wrestling fan now has.... Ultimately it will help re-juvante the WWE for yourself and your shareholders.. [B]Vince:[/B] Yes, but i was kind of counting that your venture wouldn't interfere with me and would be sort of a new minor league developemental system...Now I'm already hearing talk of a nationally televised program... [B]JR:[/B] Damn it Vince, Why would you need me if you just wanted to create a developemental territory... You already have 2 of those... We will be a different product...And Yes, we are going National with a TV deal that Bill and Jim put together with the VERSUS network... It just so happens one of the programming executives was a huge UWF fan back in the day and they believe our product with our names behind it, can appeal to their viewers... Vince, there is nothing minor league about myself, Bill Watts, Jim Cornette and Ted Dibiase, wrestling is coming back to compete with entertainment... [B]Vince:[/B] I'll crush you like I did all the other territories back in the 80's! [B]JR:[/B] You do, what you think you need to do... But perhaps you should look at your own product and fix that before try to figure out ow to crush your competition... We're not going anywhere and we have the talent to make it happen...Vince Mid South Wrestling is back![/CENTER]

Mid South Wrestling is re-born [CENTER][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/midsouth1.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="6"]Mid South Wrestling[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="4"]has been re-established[/SIZE][/B] Mid-South wrestling home to some of the greatest wrestling stories ever told back in the early 1980's will be re-launching their new product on the world of professional wrestling... What MSW will bring to the table is a new era hard hitting, bone-crunching athletic wrestling, where the emphasis will be on action and not on entertainment... MSW will devlope and create new stars for the fans to root for and against Mid South Wrestling also has over a 100 years of experience behind it, in terms of the product it will promote... [B]Jim Ross, Bill Watts, Jim Cornette and Ted Dibiase[/B] make up the creative brain power of the new Mid South Wrestling...They will act in several roles as announcer, trainer, road agent, authority figure, color commentator and or manager...No doubt that their years of experience will propel the new stars of Mid South Wrestling to newer heights... Mid South Wrestling will see the return and creation of 2 historic championship's.... The MSW North American Championship once held by many greats such as Ted Dibiase, Butch Reed, Dick Murdoch, Jim Duggan will be brought out of retirement and they will be accompanied by The North American Tag Team Championships.. In addition and due to its Television contract... The MSW Television Championship will also be brought out of retirement Your TV home for Mid South Wrestling will be on The Versus Network! [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/versuslogo.jpg[/IMG] Versus, which formerly was known as The Outdoor Life Network will be the home of Power Pro Wrestling every Wednesday Night at 9pm...The show will feature great matches from the new Mid South as well as classic matches from the old Mid South... Below is the intro of Power Pro Wrestling: Be sure to check back soon on the roster and schedule of [B][SIZE="4"]Mid South Wrestling[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

Mid South Wrestling is Back!!!!! [CENTER][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/midsouth1.jpg[/IMG] [B]As reported on midsouthwrestling.com[/B] Mid South Wrestling is proud to announce its return to television beginning The first Wednesday of August and each and every Wednesday Night from our new home The Municiple Auditorium in Houma, Louisianna, on our new home [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/versuslogo.jpg[/IMG] with our weekly show [B][SIZE="5"]Power Pro Wrestling[/SIZE][/B] Each and Every Friday Night beginning in September... Mid South Wrestling returns to one of it's biggest stomping grounds from the UWF days and that is The Tulsa Convention Center in Tulsa Oklahoma...[/CENTER]

midsouthwrestling.com [CENTER][B]This Week on [SIZE="7"]POWER PRO WRESTLING[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/versuslogo.jpg[/IMG] [B] The Mid South Television Championship has been pulled out of retirement...6 men will face off in 3 (one-on-one) matches for the right to participate in a 3 way dance the following week for the Mid South Television Championship Belt.. The New Mid South Wrestling Commisioner Ted Dibiase will randomly draw from six names including... Charlie Haas, Brent Albright, Mr. Olympia II, Trevor Murdoch, Doug Basham and Marcus Cor Von...... Jim Ross and "Cowboy" Bill Watts will call the action Wednesday Night on [SIZE="5"]Power Pro Wrestling[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...
Power Pro Wrestling #1 [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/mswlogo-1.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]ON[/I][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/vslogo.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]POWER PRO WRESTLING[/I][/B] [B]!Hello everyone! The moment you have been waiting for is about to happen next! It's a return to old-school wrestling as "The New Era" of Mid-South Wrestling kicks off tonight on Versus.... I'm Jim Ross and joining me in the broadcast booth from our Television home in Houma, Louisiana at the Municple Auditorium is the legendary cowboy himself...The Man behind the original, Bill Watts[/B] [B]Well JR, tonight we see the return of pro wrestling the way it used to be....We'll see 6 Mid South Wrestling Starsface off in 3 one-on-one matchups with the right to advance to the finals next week for the Mid South Television Championship... And what a group of 6 guys we've got going....Folks, you're not going to want to miss a second of the action as the new era of old-school wrestling kicks off NEXT with [B]"Power Pro Wrestling"[/B][/B]

Archived