Championship Wrestling from Boston (C-Verse '07 Diary)

[QUOTE=Beeker;381700]Coz I want to edge out Dragonmack for once... [/I][/QUOTE] It wouldn't happen all the time if you didn't spend your time on the unimportant stuff like work, food, sleep, etc and spent 24/7 haunting these boards like a true TEW Troll! :p :D FIRST ROUND TOURNAMENT MATCHES [B]Greg Gauge[/B] vs. Tempest Appleby [I]Gauge is simply better[/I] [B]"Bullet" Bob Casey[/B] vs. Blackjack Robbins [I]this is actually a hard one to call since you have occasionally pushed ole Bullet Bob.[/I] Masked Cougar vs. [B]Rhino Umaga[/B] [I]Surprised this is a first round match instead of a semi-final or final, but once again voting for savage samoan agression.[/I] [B]Matthew Gauge[/B] vs. Jared Johnson [I]I think it could be an all Gauge final.[/I] LADDER MATCH FOR THE CWB TITLE [B]Nicolas Lopez (c)[/B] vs. "Trademark" Thomas Morgan [I]Another disappointment for Trademarky Mark as he loses again.[/I] CWB TAG TEAM TITLES [B]The Millenials[/B] (c) vs. Love Em & Leave Em (w/ Vita) [I]The Millenials retain as Love Em & Leave Em need a little more seasoning as a team.[/I]

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FIRST ROUND TOURNAMENT MATCHES [B]Greg Gauge [/B]vs. Tempest Appleby [B]"Bullet" Bob Casey [/B]vs. Blackjack Robbins Masked Cougar vs. [B]Rhino Umaga[/B] [B]Matthew Gauge [/B]vs. Jared Johnson SECOND ROUND Greg Gauge Rhino Umaga PLUMELLI CUP [B]Greg Gauge[/B] LADDER MATCH FOR THE CWB TITLE [B]Nicolas Lopez (c)[/B] vs. "Trademark" Thomas Morgan CWB TAG TEAM TITLES [B]The Millenials (c)[/B] vs. Love Em & Leave Em (w/ Vita)

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_heading_logo.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]THE GENE PLUMELLI MEMORIAL CUP TOURNAMENT[/SIZE][/FONT] Wednesday Week 3 June 2010 300 fans at Biker's Paradise in Boston, MA [COLOR="Red"]SOLD OUT![/COLOR][/CENTER] [B]The Millenials d. Love Em & Leave Em (w/ Vita) to retain the CWB Tag Team Titles[/B] We start the event off with a non-tournament matchup. This was much better than I expected. As one CWB fan noted, Romero and CLM need a little more seasoning. Good back and forth action with LELE playing chicken heels. Vessey takes the fall with the Vessey Driver. [B]D- Greg Gauge d. Tempest Appleby to advance[/B] Excellent match with Appleby bumping all over the place. Gauge looked great and really carried the match to a high level. The finish came with the Mover from Vancouver missing a moonsault allowing Gauge to slap on the Proton Lock. [B]C-[/B] [B]DVD Exclusive:[/B] Andy Hartigan interviews Nicolas Lopez about tonight's Ladder Match: Hartigan: [COLOR="Green"]"Nicolas, tonight you are participating in the first ever Ladder Match in CWB. You have to have some trepidation..."[/COLOR] Lopez: [COLOR="Blue"]"I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned going in. Not only because of the dangers of the match but also because we all know how devious Thomas Morgan can be. He has been a thorn in my side for too long and tonight we will finally settle this. Like men."[/COLOR] [B]E+ "Bullet" Bob Casey d. Blackjack Robbins to advance[/B] Not a very good match and not certain who is at fault for that one. I would tend to blame Robbins as he wasn't too happy about jobbing and Casey usually is a solid hand and carries his end. It was ended mercifully quick with a Casey surprise Rollup. [B]E+ DVD Exclusive:[/B] A video is shown highlighting the incidents between Masked Cougar and Rhino Umaga, specifically focusing on Rhino KO-ing Cougar and causing him to miss time in the ring. [B]E+ Masked Cougar d. Rhino Umaga to advance[/B] Excellent contest with Cougar and Rhino tearing into each other nonstop with an intensity we haven't seen from Cougar. Umaga got a lot of heat on Cougar toward the middle of the match and it looked hopeless but the Masked one fought back from underneath. Rhino missed a Rhino Charge into the corner and fell victim to the Cougar Pounce for the win. This will be Rhino's last CWB match for awhile as he has PGHW commitments to fulfill. [B]C[/B] Matthew Gauge comes to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"When you look at this tournament field, you have to wonder...why even hold the thing? Why not just give the Plumelli Cup to me, Matthew Gauge, and call the whole thing a night. Lets get this over with and give me my trophy!"[/COLOR] [B]D Matthew Gauge d. Jared Johnson to advance[/B] Gauge carried the young Johnson to a very solid match. Johnson needs some seasoning and this match was a good way to get him some facetime and get him in the ring with someone the caliber of Matt. Pretty basic match formula with Gauge winning with the Proton Lock. [B]D+ Greg Gauge d. "Bullet" Bob Casey to advance to the Finals[/B] Another solid, not spectacular, match with Casey holding up his end as plucky underdog well. Greg gained control and won with a Stunner to go to the finals. [B]D+ Masked Cougar d. Matthew Gauge to advance to the Finals[/B] The biggest surprise of the tournament as Cougar defeated the big favorite Matt Gauge. A great match with the fans really behind Cougar (last year's GPC winner). Originally I was going to go with an all Gauge final but this win here gives Masked Cougar some momentum and overness boosts. [B]C Greg Gauge d. Masked Cougar to win the Gene Plumelli Cup[/B] Gauge wanted to get the match going right now! Masked Cougar, never one to back down from a challenge, was ready to go. Probably not the wisest of decisions as he was beat down from his previous two battles. Excellent match with Gauge winning with the Stunner but Cougar looking very strong in his loss. [B]C Nicolas Lopez d. "Trademark" Thomas Morgan in a Ladder Match to retain the CWB Title[/B] Definitely the match of the night and the best match these two have had in their series. The move of the night came when Lopez launched himself off the ladder onto Morgan who was outside the ring. A close second was an Eminent Domain off the ladder as well. Lopez superkicks Morgan out of the ring and that allows him to climb the ladder and grab his CWB title as the crowd cheers him on. [B]C+[/B] Overall Show: [B]C-[/B]

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=GDE71;388704]I feel for you. I finally got rid of it a few days ago. Thing is it was really bad 2 weeks ago and was a pain in the arse ever since. It was only on me STRONG for 4 or 5 days, but messed with me for 14.[/QUOTE] Yup, that's about the same point I'm at now...the aftermatch. OK, here you go...Birth of a Nation coming up!!! [CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/1007_BofN.png[/IMG][/CENTER] QUICK PICKS: CWB TITLE: Nicolas Lopez (c) vs. Greg Gauge CWB TAG TITLES: The Millenials (c) vs. The Tennessee Outlaws Matt Gauge vs. Masked Cougar (to be added) Tempest Appleby vs. Hugh de Aske Nigel Svennsson vs. "Bullet" Bob Casey

CWB TITLE: [B]Nicolas Lopez[/B] (c) vs. Greg Gauge [I]Luchador dominance continues.[/I] CWB TAG TITLES: [B]The Millenials[/B] (c) vs. The Tennessee Outlaws [I]The outlaws are on their way out.[/I] [B]Matt Gauge[/B] vs. Masked Cougar (to be added) [I]I have always liked Matt better of the Gauge brothers, probably because his picture isn't as geeky.[/I] Tempest Appleby vs. [B]Hugh de Aske[/B] [I]Vast difference in talent levels here.[/I] [B]Nigel Svennsson[/B] vs. "Bullet" Bob Casey [I]see above[/I] Sorry Beeker, too slow again! :D

CWB TITLE: Nicolas Lopez (c) vs. Greg Gauge- [B]No contest[/B] CWB TAG TITLES: [B]The Millenials (c)[/B] vs. The Tennessee Outlaws [B]Matt Gauge[/B] vs. Masked Cougar (to be added) Tempest Appleby vs. [B]Hugh de Aske[/B] Nigel Svennsson vs. [B]"Bullet" Bob Casey[/B]-Because of your soft spot for BBC

[B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Birth of a Nation[/COLOR][/B]... I'm hoping for Burkina Faso to be birthed CWB TITLE: [B]Nicolas Lopez (c)[/B] vs. Greg Gauge [I]The Gauges will be going sooner rather than later and shipshirt did something similar with Rhino Umaga not so long ago.[/I] CWB TAG TITLES: [B]The Millenials (c)[/B] vs. The Tennessee Outlaws [I]The Outlaws aren't nearly as skilled as the Millenials.[/I] Matt Gauge vs. Masked Cougar (to be added) - Still the Gauges need to be seen as threats, so this goes to a double DQ. Giving both of them something to do over the next few shows. [B]Tempest Appleby[/B] vs. Hugh de Aske [I]- Vast difference in abilities here, but I love the Mova-h from Vancouv-ah.[/I] Nigel Svennsson vs. [B]"Bullet" Bob Casey[/B] [I]- I think shipshirt is a closet Armstrong mark.[/I] *** Damn you Dragonmack. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn you!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_heading_logo.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]BIRTH OF A NATION[/SIZE][/FONT] Wednesday Week 2, July 2010 300 fans at Biker's Paradise in Boston, MA [COLOR="Red"]SOLD OUT![/COLOR][/CENTER] [B]Nigel Svennsson d. "Bullet" Bob Casey[/B] An excellent opening match with these two showing some chemistry with one another. Casey led the young rookie through the paces but Nigel really held his own, causing the Bullet to tap out to the Wigan Stretch. I'd like to see some more singles matches between these two. [B]D+ Hugh de Aske d. Tempest Appleby[/B] de Aske goes one up on Tempest in their series of solid matches. It's time for Hugh to move up the card though as we're losing some top names and we're going to need fresh faces. He wins it clean with the Cut Throat Driver. [B]D+ The Millenials d. The Tennessee Outlaws to retain the CWB Tag Team Titles[/B] Not much to this one really. Very formula with the heels getting heat on the faces, Casey makes the hot tag to Vessey and we go to the finish. A decisive win to give the Millenials and the tag titles some prestige and momentum. [B]D-[/B] "Trademark" Thomas Morgan and Bobby Thomas come to the ring as The Millenials celebrate: [COLOR="Red"]"As a man who has done so much in this company, there's one thing even I haven't done...and that's win the CWB Tag Team Titles. So I got in touch my good friend, and fellow Canadian Bobby Thomas here and we're putting you and every other team on notice. We're coming for those belts."[/COLOR] [B]D-[/B] Matt Gauge comes to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"Last month at the Gene Plumelli Cup I was cheated out of my destiny. That destiny was to win the tournament and take the CWB Title. That's the only outcome someone of my stature can accept. Masked Cougar, you got a fluke win and you put a stop to that destiny...only a temporary stop. I'm calling you out, feline. You and me right now!"[/COLOR] [B]D[/B] Masked Cougar is already in the aisle: [COLOR="Blue"]"Matty, my boy, you should know by now...I'm not a hard cat to find"[/COLOR] [B]D Masked Cougar d. Matthew Gauge[/B] An awesome match and one of the best ever inside a CWB ring. This was better than their tournament match and even though he was a little pissy about doing the job, Gauge did it with style, giving Cougar a clean win to really cement him as a top babyface in Boston. Cougar wins clean with the Pounce.[B]C+[/B] Gauge is livid with the decision and screams at the fans to stop laughing at him. He grabs the mic: [COLOR="Red"]"Shut up! Shut up! You people never appreciated me! You never appreciated the greatness in your midst! Shut up! Fine, fine, fine...How about this. I quit!!!"[/COLOR] And with that, Matthew Gauge walks out of CWB. [B]D Greg Gauge d. Nicolas Lopez to win the CWB Title[/B] Until this match, Matthew vs. Cougar was the best match ever in CWB...not any more. This was a 30 minute classic as these two pulled out all the stops. Lopez was selling an injured shoulder from last month's ladder match and Greg went to work on it in old school heel style. Lopez went for the Lopez Buster but Gauge escaped out the back and hit a Shotgun Blast Stunner for the win and the title. [B]C+[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B] Notes: Matt Gauge was at about a B in overness across the US. He had deals with DaVE and TCW and when his contract came up he didn't want to renew. So I used him to help make Cougar into a top draw. I tried to approach Nicolaz Lopez a few months before his contract expires to get him to resign, but he wants to go back to Mexico to work and isn't interested in an extension. He'll be around through October's Wicked Pissah There will be a lot of chances for young and new talent to step up and carry the ball in coming months.

[QUOTE]Notes: Matt Gauge was at about a B in overness across the US. He had deals with DaVE and TCW and when his contract came up he didn't want to renew. So I used him to help make Cougar into a top draw. I tried to approach Nicolaz Lopez a few months before his contract expires to get him to resign, but he wants to go back to Mexico to work and isn't interested in an extension. He'll be around through October's Wicked Pissah There will be a lot of chances for young and new talent to step up and carry the ball in coming months.[/QUOTE] I'm definitely feeling you there as most of my main event has either left or is leaving in my diary and I have begun having to push career midcarders a little higher to fill the gaps.

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;389517]I'm definitely feeling you there as most of my main event has either left or is leaving in my diary and I have begun having to push career midcarders a little higher to fill the gaps.[/QUOTE] Yeah it's a fun challenge, right? Some will get over and some will fail miserably lol Like real life.

I got the Gauges backwards, as I didn't think Ni-Lo (ooooh... a hint from my dynasty) would be heading back south this soon. Too bad, he was a great (but too short) fit with CWB and gave it a very different roster/style than expected. And watching a luchador get over in Beantown would have been fun to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/1008_Overkill.png[/IMG][/CENTER] We're at a new building and we have some special guests in from Mid Atlantic Wrestling...Flash Savage and Oscar Golden: The Canadian Blondes!! QUICK PICKS: CWB TITLE: Greg Gauge (c) vs. Nicolas Lopez CWB TAG TEAM TITLES: The Millenials (c) vs. The Canadian Blondes Hugh de Aske vs. Frankie Dee L Street Express vs. The Tennessee Outlaws Jared Johnson vs. Romeo Romero

QUICK PICKS: CWB TITLE: [B]Greg Gauge[/B] (c) vs. Nicolas Lopez [I]LOpez must be on his way back to Mexico. Either way, I don't see Gauge hot shotting the belt.[/I] CWB TAG TEAM TITLES: [B]The Millenials (c)[/B] vs. The Canadian Blondes [I]Better talent=victory[/I] [B]Hugh de Aske[/B] vs. Frankie Dee [I]see above[/I] L Street Express vs. [B]The Tennessee Outlaws[/B] [I]Outlaws win to maintain credibility[/I] Jared Johnson vs. [B]Romeo Romero[/B] [I]Johnson is good to help improve others in the ring.[/I]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_heading_logo.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]OVERKILL[/SIZE][/FONT] Thursday Week 4, August 2010 513 fans at The Skid Row Club in Providence, RI[/CENTER] [B]Jared Johnson d. Romeo Romero (w/ Vita)[/B] A good, solid opener. Decent back and forth action between these two youngsters. Johnson wins with the MDK Powerbomb. [B]D[/B] New CWB Champion Greg Gauge comes to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"Last month at a New Revolution, history was made. I defeated Nicolas Lopez to not only become the CWB Champion, but also to be the only wrestler to hold all three major distinctions here in Boston. I've been CWB Tag Team Champion, I've won the Plumelli Cup and now I am YOUR CWB Champion. Lopez, with all of that momentum on my side do you really think you have a chance of taking this title back? Nah, I didn't think so either.[/COLOR] [B]D- The L Street Express d. The Tennessee Outlaws[/B] Not a good match at all. This was the Outlaws last match and I wanted them to put over Duberry and Leftie strong to give them some momentum and establish them as a decent team. This certainly wasn't the match to do it. Bowling show ugly.[B]E-[/B] [B]DVD Exclusive:[/B] We see video of a darkened,run down city street, graffiti on the wall. Into frame walks an African American man wearing a Yankees throwback shirt. Next to him is a hispanic man. Neither looks happy. [COLOR="Red"]"You're probably asking yourself, what am I looking at? Who are these two? What you're looking at, in your newly decorated home on your big ass plasma TV, is real life. These are the streets of New York. This is how the other half lives. You see, my name is Harlem Haynes and this is my tag team partner Carlos Gonzalez...we're the Kings of Harlem. Now we're coming to Boston to expand our kingdom. Consider yourself warned."[/COLOR] [B]E+ Frankie Dee d. Hugh de Aske[/B] Frankie had been off some shows and needed a strong win to get himself back into the picture. Hugh could take this loss, put on a good match and also look to build a little feud down the line with Dee. All three were accomplished. Dee might not be the star we were hoping he'd be but he's a solid, reliable uppercard performer. He wins it with the Dragon Sleeper. [B]D+[/B] Thomas Morgan and Bobby Thomas come to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"Since I'm not able to get a fair shake to regain my CWB Title and since it seems all of the forces are against me in this company, I decided to get some backup. I keep hearing about how Casey Valentine and Cameron Vessey are the future of wrestling. Well, we're not living in the future...I don't see any jetpacks and silver unitards....we're living in the present. And presently, the man to beat is Trademark Thomas Morgan. With Bobby Thomas, these two Canadians are going to give you the fight of your life...if you leave tonight with the titles that is.[/COLOR] [B]E+[/B] The Candian Blondes come out for their match. Oscar Golden takes the mic: [COLOR="Red"]"So this is Boston? I'm not very impressed. Where are all the [I]good[/I] looking women? Oh yeah, they're in Montreal."[/COLOR] [B]D- The Millenials d. The Candian Blondes by DQ when Thomas Morgan and Bobby Thomas interfered; The Millenials retain the CWB Tag Team Titles[/B] A decent match, although not the quality I was hoping for. Golden and Savage do a good job of playing chickens**t heels and bumping for the faces. [B]D[/B] Nicolas Lopez: [COLOR="Blue"]"Gauge, I hear you talking and bragging about all of your accomplishments. It's true, you are a great wrestler. Lets see how you do against me when I'm at full strength...when I'm not banged up from a ladder match. I think you'll find me a different challenge all together"[/COLOR] [B]D Greg Gauge and Nicolas Lopez fought the a 60 Minute Time limit draw; Gauge retains the CWB Title[/B] A good match but not the match I was hoping for. Lopez has a legit shoulder injury but downplayed it for the story of the match. Unfortunately, it took it's toll on the quality. Unfortunately, Greg Gauge ALSO got injured during this match. He injured his bicep and will miss two months! A good back and forth struggle with Lopez hitting the Lopez Buster and going for the cover as the time limit sounded. [B]C-[/B] Overall Show: [B]D[/B] Notes: The title [I]Overkill[/I] seemed to be appropriate for this event. The show was way too long (2 1/2 hours to accomodate the draw) and we might have made a mistake booking the larger Skid Row club. We ended up losing $294 on the show. Definitely one of the more lackluster shows we've had in a long time. In other news, as mentioned above, The Tennessee Outlaws finished up their run with the company tonight. Also, The Boston Bomber has resigned from his position as CWB Commissioner.

[QUOTE]You're probably asking yourself, what am I looking at? Who are these two? What you're looking at, in your newly decorated home on your big ass plasma TV, is real life. These are the streets of New York. This is how the other half lives. You see, my name is Harlem Haynes and this is my tag team partner Carlos Gonzalez...we're [B]the Kings of New York.[/B] Now we're coming to Boston to expand our kingdom. Consider yourself warned[/QUOTE] Ok, that's copyright infringement right there!! :p :D Totally blew every guess on the undercard, and it sucks that you lose your champion in his first defense, even if it for only two months. That is about the only championship scenario my diary hasn't had yet. Good luck in DOTM.

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;393645]Ok, that's copyright infringement right there!! :p :D Totally blew every guess on the undercard, and it sucks that you lose your champion in his first defense, even if it for only two months. That is about the only championship scenario my diary hasn't had yet. Good luck in DOTM.[/QUOTE] Oh did you have them teaming as Kings of New York? Honestly, I didn't see that! lol See, that's why I usually stay away from reading other people's diaries a lot of the time. I can change the names. I don't think I'm nominated for DOTM.

[QUOTE=shipshirt;393648]Oh did you have them teaming as Kings of New York? Honestly, I didn't see that! lol See, that's why I usually stay away from reading other people's diaries a lot of the time. I can change the names. I don't think I'm nominated for DOTM.[/QUOTE] Actually I have a tournament called King of New York. And yes, you were nominated. Last minute dark-horse nomination :p

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;393654]Actually I have a tournament called King of New York. And yes, you were nominated. Last minute dark-horse nomination :p[/QUOTE] Oh right, I knew that! lol I thought I was ripping off a team that I somehow missed (your prolific posting overwhelms me!). I was originally going to go with the Kings of Harlem but I thought that a little "racial". I can change it :) Yeah I just saw that. Very cool. I seconded Old School as well on the thread. I don't read nearly as much diaries as I'd like.

• 2 weeks later...
[CENTER][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]CWB[/SIZE][/FONT] [SIZE="6"][FONT="Impact"]A NEW REVOLUTION PREVIEW[/FONT][/SIZE] [U] #1 CONTENDER MATCH[/U] Nicolas Lopez vs. Masked Cougar [U] CWB TAG TITLE REMATCH![/U] The Millenials (c) vs. The Canadian Blondes Tempest Appleby vs. Jared Johnson Thomas Morgan & Bobby Thomas vs. The L Street Express Edward Cornell vs. Cal Sanders[/CENTER]

#1 CONTENDER MATCH Nicolas Lopez vs. [B]Masked Cougar[/B] CWB TAG TITLE REMATCH! [B]The Millenials (c)[/B] vs. The Canadian Blondes [B]Tempest Appleby[/B] vs. Jared Johnson [B]Thomas Morgan & Bobby Thomas[/B] vs. The L Street Express [B]Edward Cornell [/B]vs. Cal Sanders

[QUOTE=shipshirt;400356][CENTER][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]CWB[/SIZE][/FONT] #1 CONTENDER MATCH[/U] Nicolas Lopez vs. [B]Masked Cougar[/B] [U] CWB TAG TITLE REMATCH![/U] [B]The Millenials (c)[/B] vs. The Canadian Blondes [B]Tempest Appleby [/B]vs. Jared Johnson [B]Thomas Morgan & Bobby Thomas[/B] vs. The L Street Express [B]Edward Cornell[/B] vs. Cal Sanders[/CENTER][/QUOTE] I'm glad that the CWB is back!!

#1 CONTENDER MATCH [B]Nicolas Lopez[/B] vs. Masked Cougar [I]- I'm not sure when Lopez is leaving, but I think he gets one last crack at the belt before departing. Which should bring in some good ratings.[/I] CWB TAG TITLE REMATCH! [B]The Millenials (c)[/B] vs. The Canadian Blondes [I]- I like the Blondes, but the Millenials deserve a bit more of a run. Unless one or the other was snapped up by a developmental league.[/I] [B]Tempest Appleby [/B]vs. Jared Johnson [I]- slip seems to like both guys, but I think he'll give the rub to Appleby. Just a hunch.[/I] [B]Thomas Morgan & Bobby Thomas[/B] vs. The L Street Express [I]- Just the better team. Even if they aren't named.[/I] [B]Edward Cornell[/B] vs. Cal Sanders [I]- Sanders ALWAYS jobs to a Cornell. It's in his contract I think.[/I]

Archived