Championship Wrestling from Boston (C-Verse '07 Diary)

[QUOTE=TJRoH;400992]I'm glad that the CWB is back!![/QUOTE] Yeah I'm going to keep it going for a little while, at least until TEW08 is released. I'll start up again with that but I'm going to wait a month or so and let some patches and new wrestlers get released/added. I have an interesting idea how to close this one out :D Card will be up today!

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some last minute predictions: #1 CONTENDER MATCH Nicolas Lopez vs. [B]Masked Cougar[/B] CWB TAG TITLE REMATCH! The Millenials (c) vs.[B] The Canadian Blondes[/B] [B]Tempest Appleby[/B] vs. Jared Johnson Thomas Morgan & Bobby Thomas vs. [B]The L Street Express[/B] Edward Cornell vs. [B]Cal Sanders[/B] Apparently I'm really feeling like going with underdogs this time around... :p

#1 CONTENDER MATCH [B]Nicolas Lopez[/B] vs. Masked Cougar CWB TAG TITLE REMATCH! [B]The Millenials (c)[/B] vs. The Canadian Blondes Tempest Appleby vs. [B]Jared Johnson[/B] Thomas Morgan & Bobby Thomas vs. [B]The L Street Express[/B] [B]Edward Cornell[/B] vs. Cal Sanders

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_heading_logo.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]A NEW REVOLUTION[/SIZE][/FONT] Thursday Week 3, September 2010 300 fans at Biker's Paradise in Boston, MA [COLOR="Red"]SOLD OUT![/COLOR][/CENTER] [I]Championship Wrestling from Boston makes it's return to "the Bike" this month...let's get right into the action...[/I] [B]Thomas Morgan & Bobby Thomas d. The L Street Express[/B] An ok opener and the Canadian bad boys work well as a team. Quick tags and cutting off the ring. Solid stuff. [B]D[/B] As Morgan & Thomas leave the ring, the crowd applauds the hometown team of The L Street Express. From out of the crowd come the two men shown last month in that video....[B]the Kings of Harlem![/B] The jump the barrier and proceed to beat Duberry and Wilkes bloody until security can intervene. As they're leaving through the crowd, Harlem Haynes yells out "that's how we do it in New York bitch!" [B]F+ Edward Cornell d. Cal Sanders[/B] Another decent match, this time on the technical side. Cornell didn't really cheat at all and ended up outwrestling Sanders. Cornell takes it with La Magistral. [B]D Jared Johnson d. Tempest Appleby[/B] Two babyfaces going at it left the crowd a little torn in their support. I was hoping for a better match and this one was a touch disappointing. JJ wins with the MDK Bomb. [B]D-[/B] Tempest gets to his feet as Johnson extends his hand. After a brief pause, Appleby shakes it...only to nail JJ with an enzuguiri! There is a mix of boos and cheers as Appleby leaves the ring. [B]E- The Millenials d. The Canadian Blondes to retain the CWB Tag Team Titles[/B] I still had the Blondes on loan for one more match so I figured they'd get a rematch here. A decent match but again, disappointing. Vessey and Valentine are a really solid team and they take this one pretty easily. [B]D[/B] Thomas Morgan comes to ringside, accompanied by Bobby Thomas: [COLOR="Red"]"Congratulations, you beat two guys who I'm EMBARASSED to call Canadian. I think the Great White North has better to offer, like myself and Thomas. How about you put those belts up against us next month...if you got the guts."[/COLOR] Never one to back down from a challenge. The Millenials eagerly accept. [B]D[/B] [B]DVD Exclusive:[/B] A video is shown highlighting the aerial majesty of both Masked Cougar and Nicolas Lopez. [B]D Masked Cougar d. Nicolas Lopez to become #1 contender at Brawlapalooza[/B] Definitely the match of the night, but like many before it a little disappointing. Lopez is still nursing the bum shoulder but tried his best. It was still a very good match, just not the bloaway main event you think it might be. The finish came with Cougar ducking a moonsault attempt and hitting a tumbleweed legdrop for the flashy win. [B]C-[/B] Cougar helps Lopez to his feet and Lopez raises the Masked One's arm in victory as the crowd cheers. [B]D+[/B] Overall Show: [B]D+[/B] Notes: Considering the top wrestler in the company, Greg Gauge, was injured and there wasn't much in the way to build up any of these matches, it wasn't a bad show. Still well above our "overness" level in New England. Cougar will get the shot against Gauge at the big Brawlapalooza show. That still leaves a slot open at next month's Wicked Pissa that I have an idea on how to fill....

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_newsletter.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Main Event for Wicked Pissa Signed![/U][/B] Due to recent events, Championship Wrestling from Boston President Andy Hartigan has made the following decision regarding the main event of October's Wicked Pissa: "As our fans know, Masked Cougar defeated Nicolas Lopez to become the #1 contender to the CWB Title. That match is supposed to take place at Brawlapalooza and has been signed. Cougar WILL face the CWB Champion at that special event. I recently got word that Greg Gauge has recovered from his bicep injury much sooner than anticipated and wants to defend his title in October. Therefore, I have come up with the following main event. [B]Greg Gauge will defend the CWB Title against Nicolas Lopez in a 60 Minute Iron Man match[/B]. The winner will defend that title against Masked Cougar at Brawlapalooza. Some may be confused to this decision as Lopez lost the #1 contender match last month. While that is true, the fact remains that Greg Gauge has not defeated Lopez in a rematch since winning the CWB Title. Cougar will still get his title match and it will take place at our most prestigious show of the year." [B][U] CWB Makes Talent Acquisitions[/U][/B] In addition to the exciting and dangerous new team of Kings of Harlem (Harlem Haynes & Carlos Gonzalez), CWB is also proud to announce the recent signings of Canadian wrestler [B]Joey Poison[/B] and the most recent incarnation of a Boston legend...[B]The Masked Patriot[/B]! Both men will debut at October's Wicked Pissa, so get your tickets now![/CENTER]

[QUOTE=MaxxHexx;404065]That iron man will be off the hook. What is Lopez' stamina? That would be my lone worry.[/QUOTE] They're both A* in stamina. They went to a 60 minute broadway at Overkill so this was a logical followup. The match was very good :)

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/2010_WP.png[/IMG][/CENTER] QUICK PICKS: IRON MAN MATCH FOR CWB TITLE: Greg Gauge (c) vs. Nicolas Lopez CWB TAG TEAM TITLES: The Millenials (c) vs. Thomas Morgan & Bobby Thomas Tempest Appleby vs. Jared Johnson Joey Poison vs. Romeo Romero Masked Patriot vs. Mystery Machine

QUICK PICKS: IRON MAN MATCH FOR CWB TITLE: [B]Greg Gauge (c)[/B] vs. Nicolas Lopez [I]Of course, this pick goes out the window if Greg is going to japan or another company[/I] CWB TAG TEAM TITLES: [B]The Millenials (c)[/B] vs. Thomas Morgan & Bobby Thomas [I]Serious competition for the champs, but Morgan usually hovers around your main events, so this would actually be a step back to just be a tag wrestler.[/I] Tempest Appleby vs. [B]Jared Johnson[/B] [I]This seems to be a best of series, so the tech takes the lead over the flyer.[/I] [B]Joey Poison[/B] vs. Romeo Romero [I]Major talent differential here, rainbow hair and all.[/I] [B]Masked Patriot[/B] vs. Mystery Machine [I]Patriot gets the debut hype, so should win, even though if the Mystery is any of the real Machines, Mean, American or Insane, they would outclass the 21st Masked Patriot at the get go.[/I]

QUICK PICKS: IRON MAN MATCH FOR CWB TITLE: [B]Greg Gauge (c)[/B] vs. Nicolas Lopez Cause Lopez is leaving soon. CWB TAG TEAM TITLES: [B]The Millenials (c)[/B] vs. Thomas Morgan & Bobby Thomas Cause they need a longer run to establish themselves. [B]Tempest Appleby[/B] vs. Jared Johnson Appleby is great! [B]Joey Poison[/B] vs. Romeo Romero He's my boy! Masked Patriot vs. Mystery Machine ????? Ship, I'll be sad the day you have to end the CWB. One sad panda....

[QUOTE=TJRoH;407263] Ship, I'll be sad the day you have to end the CWB. One sad panda....[/QUOTE] No worries there Mr. Panda. :) Even when it ends with '07 I'll be bringing it back with TEW '08. I'm just going to wait for a few patches to come out before starting it up. I made the mistake of starting my MAW diary way too early with the last release and it got...messy :) There will most certainly be a Championship Wrestling from Boston with TEW '08. I've even had a hankering to give a DOTT diary a go.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_heading_logo.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]WICKED PISSAH[/SIZE][/FONT] Saturday Week 4, October 2010 574 fans at The Skid Row Club[/CENTER] [B]The Masked Patriot d. The Mystery Machine[/B] Patriot got a decent ovation as that gimmick has been over in Boston for quite some time, no matter who is under the hood. Machine is USPW's Lex Appeal reviving his masked gimmick. He's on loan for a couple of shows. Decent match as these two have some good chemistry. Patriot wins with the Patriot Missle clothesline. [B]D[/B] Any Hartigan calls Patriot over: [COLOR="Green"]"Once again, The Masked Patriot lives in Championship Wrestling from Boston. Patriot, what do you have to say about your debut and future here in CWB?"[/COLOR] MP: [COLOR="Blue"]"I know what this mask means here in Boston and I know I have big shoes to fill. All I can say is that I will do my best to honor the tradition of the Masked Patriot make fans, young and old, proud once again!"[/COLOR] [B]E+[/B] [I]Very white meat, babyface persona but I think it fits the gimmick.[/I] Andy Hartigan addresses the audience after Patriot leaves: [COLOR="Green"]"I'd like to address a darker note, right now. Many of you remember last month and the vicious, wanton attack by Harlem Haynes and Carlos Gonzalez, who call themselves the Kings of Harlem, on Duberry Excess and Leftie Wilkes. Attacks such as that will not be tolerated here and as a result, The Kings of Harlem have been banned from Championship Wrestling from Boston. This is the first time a team has been banned before even wrestling one match--"[/COLOR] [B]E-[/B] Duberry Excess comes to the ring: [COLOR="Blue"]"I'm sorry to interrupt, Mr. Hartigan, but I need to say something. Sure, you can ban Gonzalez and Haynes but where I come from in South Boston, you don't let the authorities handle your matters for you. You take care of things on your own terms. I'm here to ask you, no to beg you...don't ban them. Leftie and I want them inside this ring where we can settle things ourselves. Believe me, when the L Street Express is done with them, they'll ban themselves from coming back to Boston!!"[/COLOR] [B]F+ Joey Poison d. Romeo Romero (w/ Vita)[/B] A good match with Romero giving all he has. Poison looked solid here and should make a good addition to the top of the card. [B]D[/B] Posion grabs the mic: [COLOR="Blue"]"What's up Boston? People wanna know why I came here and all I can say is I came here to win titles and chew bubblegum...and I'm all outta bubblegum! Yeah! Dig it!"[/COLOR] [B]E[/B] Andy Hartigan "reads a statement" from Hugh de Aske demanding a rematch with Frankie Dee at Brawlapalooza. Hartigan signs the match right then and there! [B]D Tempest Appleby d. Jared Johnson[/B] This was a notch better than their match at A New Revolution. Appleby cmae out with a smarmy attitude and got boos from the crowd. Appleby hit some good high flying spots and won the match when reversed the MDK Bomb into a top rope Northern Lights Suplex. [B]D[/B] Greg Gauge: [COLOR="Red"]"Nicolas Lopez, back at Overkill you and I battled to a one hour time limit draw. A sixty minute broadway as they used to say in the old days. Tonight we go the hour one more time but I have to ask you this...you couldn't score one fall on me in an hour last time, what makes you think you can do it tonight? I don't have to win this match, all I have to do is not lose. Think about that, luchador"[/COLOR] [B]D The Millenials and Thomas & Morgan fight to a double countout; The Millenials retain the CWB Tag Titles[/B] Excellent tag match and one of the better tag matches we've had here. The Canadian duo makes a great team and they played "technical heels' very well, cutting off the ring and making quick and sneaky tags. Valentine took the brunt of the heat before making the hot tag to Vessey. The finish saw all four men spill out of the ring and brawling long after the ref counts to 10. [B]D+[/B] [B] DVD Exclusive![/B] Masked Cougar: "Tonight, Nicolas Lopez and Greg Gauge battle in a one hour Iron Man match. You can bet I'm going to be watching this match very intently because I will take on the winner at Brawlapalooza. I'm going to be looking for any edge, any weakness I can exploit. At Brawlapalooza, no matter who comes in as champion, that belt is going home with me"[COLOR="Blue"]"[/COLOR] [B]D Greg Gauge d. Nicolas Lopez in an Iron Man Match; Gauge retains the CWB title[/B] This was the match I was hoping these two would have had at Overkill. Standout match that will be in top contention for CWB MOTY. Gauge gave up an early fall by intentionally getting DQed by bashing Lopez with a chair. He quickly got up 2-1 though by quickly scoring two falls on the KOed Lopez. On his attempt for a third cover, Lopez kicked out to a huge pop from the crowd. Lopez fought back to tie it 2-2 at the 45 minute mark. The last fifteen minutes saw Lopez frantically trying to score that deciding fall while Gauge went into defensive mode. Lopez, putting it all on the line, went for a 450 splash and missed, allowing Gauge to slap on the Proton Lock to win the match 3-2. [B]C+[/B] Overall Show: [B]C-[/B] Notes: The overall score was mostly for the awesome main event but the tag title match was a pleasant surprise and really helped the show too. The new additions to the roster seemed to do well as 2011 will be an interesting year for the fledgling promotion.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_heading_logo.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]BRAWLAPALOOZA IV[/SIZE][/FONT] Saturday Week 3, November 2010 594 fans at The Skid Row Club[/CENTER] [I]We're here for the fourth installment of the Boston Supershow! The contestants for the 10 man battle royale are in the ring so lets get to the action...[/I] [B]Cameron Vessey wins a 10 Man Battle Royale to earn a CWB Title shot[/B] Vessey has become "Mr. Battle Royale" as he has won two of these to earn title shots. The contestants were Vessey, Valentine, de Aske, Romeo Romere, Bob Casey, Frankie Dee, Thomas Morgan, Bobby Thomas, Jared Johnson & Tempest Appleby. Standard battle royale with the final four being Vessey, Valentine, Morgan and Johnson. Thomas went out first and soon after Vessey and Valentine eliminated Morgan. Vessey tossed out his partner to win the match. [B]C-[/B] Andy Hartigan interviews the Kings of Harlem, Harlem Haynes & Carlos Gonzalez: Hartigan: [COLOR="Green"]Facing suspension for your horrific acts of violence on the L Street Express, you two reall---[/COLOR] Haynes: [COLOR="Red"]"Shut up Hartigan. I don't need to hear you talking your gibberish. What we did to those Boston homers is show them what New York reality is all about. They think they're tough? They're from Southie? I spit on Southie...go find Matt Damon and make a movie because there ain't no room for you hear anymore."[/COLOR] [B]E Kings of Harlem d. The L Street Express[/B] Just an all out brawl as the announcer couldn't even get in ring intros before all four men were brawling. The finish came with a brutal double piledriver on Lefite. [B]E[/B] Gonzalez and Haynes tie up Duberry in the ropes and proceed to bloody and injure his brother Leftie. Finally, police security enter the ring to stop the carnage. Leftie is stretchered out of the ring. [B]F DVD Exclusive!:[/B] We are shown highlights of the Frankie Dee - Hugh de Aske match from Overkill. Dee took that match. [B]D Hugh de Aske d. Frankie Dee[/B] Hugh is getting a lot of national exposure from his deal with USPW and is quickly becoming a mainstream star. Dee still hasn't hit that level we were hoping for him but he's a reliable babyface. Dee showed more highflying than he had previously in matches. de Aske take it with the cutthroat driver. Strong contest. [B]C-[/B] Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine are standing by: Vessey: [COLOR="Blue"]"Morgan and Thomas...you two are a skilled team. You gelled faster than almost any team I can think of. One thing you don't have though is momentum. I'm coming off a huge battle royale win and I'm on my way to a CWB title shot. Casey and I have held these titles for five months and we're not slowing down.[/COLOR] Valentine: [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]"I just hope you've got your head in the match, Cam, and aren't looking ahead to a singles shot.[/COLOR] Valentine walks off, leaving a confused Vessey. [B]D- Morgan & Thomas d. The Millenials to win the CWB Tag Team Titles[/B] Good match and about par for the course for CWB tag title matches. Vessey was in the ring for the majority of the match, finally getting the hot tag to Valentine. Some miscommunication on the part of the Millenials leads to Vessey catching an Eminent Domain for the loss and the titles. [B]D[/B] Morgan and Thomas celebrate as the crowd boos. [B]D[/B] [B]DVD Exclusive: Andy Hartigan catches a word from Greg Gauge: [/B] Gauge:[COLOR="Red"]"Hartigan, you are lucky to be standing in the presence of greatness. Maybe some will rub off on you but seriously, I doubt it. Tonight, Brawlapalooza...the showcase of Boston wrestling. Masked Cougar you and I have done this dance before. Three months ago I beat you to win the Plumelli Cup which was the beginning of the one man dynasty known as Greg Gauge. You better bring your best tonight because you are going to need it.[/COLOR] [B]D+ Greg Gauge d. Masked Cougar to retain the CWB Title[/B] Awesome match and one of the better title matches this year. They called back to some of the spots in the Plumelli tourney. Cougar got off to an early offense and captured some really close nearfalls. Gauge, frustrated, resorted to a low blow to gain control. From there he worked on Cougar's back trying to set up the Proton Lock. Cougar, while not able to break the dreaded hold, did hold out for a few minutes in it but eventually had to tap. [B]C[/B] Overall Show: [B]C-[/B]

• 3 weeks later...
Rude Awakening "Honey, wake up. You were talking in your sleep again." With a start, Andy Hartigan awakens to his wife Amber's beautiful face. "Was I? I've just been going nuts with booking Championship Wrestling from Boston that I'm even dreaming about it!" Amber looks confused and replies, "what are you talking about?" Andy sits up, "Championship Wrestling from Boston...the wrestling promotion I've been running for the last four years. Since 2007?" "Honey," she laughed, "it IS 2007. You were just dreaming." "What?!" "Oh and we still have to figure out what to do with that stock dividend..." "Hmmm," thought Andy, "I think I have an idea..." [SIZE="5"] Thanks for reading everyone and please tune in when Championship Wrestling from Boston makes it's return to TEW08!!![/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks dude. It will definitely be returning (for the first time!) once Adam does all of the Cornellverse updates. I find that right when the game is released there's a rush of 9,000 new diaries on the board...then the majority of them just stop when the author loses interest. I figured it better to wait until the initial onslaught had subsided for a bit :) I'm glad someone is happy for it to return! :)

Archived