Short Matches - Grade Level?!

Soooooo... I was wondering if short matches hurt the overall rating of the match?! I was looking to do a 5 minute challenge angle with Sam Keith, however, I'm afraid by booking him in short matches (being a B+ over and normally in matches that go about 10 minutes) if it would hurt the overall rating of the matches and ultimately a waste of a storyline for a worker who is as over as he is!

Personally I think that match length should affect the rating, I just find there's some really cheap and lazy about picking up a high rating for a sub five minute match between a couple of main eventers. I'm aware that the grade is not an actual match rating and is more a grade on how well the 'segment' went down with the crowd, but in real-life if you advertised a match between two main eventers and you gave them only a couple of minutes the fans would feel short changed and crap all over it. But I don't think the AI is intelligent enough to work this out and it's one of the 'flaws' in the game that myself and everyone else will just have to roll along with.

Archived