What gripes my butt/what gripes yours

I'm currently using the DOTT mod and have a game going where I have a hardcore fed. I'm doing very well, and I have some very good, talented workers w/ some decent amount of overness.. I started off as a local fed and in one year I went up to a regional fed.. the next year and a half I went National.. for two years now I've been screwed out of most improved promotion.. guess who gets it.. the WWF(E), and they're still cult size and have been this whole time.. :rolleyes: anyone else chapped about something going on in their game?

The Top 100 List. If you do a search, you'd see my issues and suggestions for it. I understand the way the computer generates it, thanks to Adam explaining it recently; however I'd love for a real Top 100 List based on a number of factors to that measure workers' value. In the baseball world, there are stats like Win Shares, VORP, OPS+, etc. that attempt to give an accurate system..for TEW, the ranking should be based on # of matches, quality of matches (the current system is partly about how much the worker had contributed to a match), overall match grade, overnness, title prestige, promotion prestige, style vs promotion's style, status, push, etc.

yeah that top 100 list is screwy. I'm not complaining but I have Sweet Stan Lane on my roster, and he was number 1 overall...lol, one half of the Midnight Express beat out everyone for the top spot.. funny thing is that he's never been higher than a midcarder..

hot shot the belt to Dragon Aisu, that's what usually happens in 3CW, he's credible, over with the fans, can get good heat, and can bring a good match out of alot of people. Otherwise build up someone like Martin Kirby, hell even one of the members of Team Dormanstown ;) I knows me some 3CW i does :D

Semi-spoilers for my dynasty (won't be posted for a few weeks at least) [COLOR="White"]WCW returned, with Ted Turner at the helm. I'm then notified that HBK's contract is up for renewal. So, send him an offer. The next day...WCW have offered him a contract. No news either way yet, I sure as hell hope he doesn't sign with them, would screw up my main storyline, with just less than a month til Wrestlemania![/COLOR]

wooodaddy, Stan Lane + Keirn where my tag champs for over a year. It's amazing how effective he is, considering how his Stamina and Mic work suck, and his aerial/wrestling skills are nothing to be excited about. ++ The Killer Bees bombed in my world, since their charisma, mic, etc were not entertaining enough.

[QUOTE=TheMiser;277943]wooodaddy, Stan Lane + Keirn where my tag champs for over a year. It's amazing how effective he is, considering how his Stamina and Mic work suck, and his aerial/wrestling skills are nothing to be excited about. ++ The Killer Bees bombed in my world, since their charisma, mic, etc were not entertaining enough.[/QUOTE] wow, Keirn and Lane.. hmmm. I had Steve Keirn for a short time and he never could produce for me, he kept falling down the card from Upper to lower within 6 months.. he got cut..

i gripe my butt with toilet paper.... (thank you! thank you!) now that the crappy joke series is out of the way..... i f'n hate how (when two promotions have shows on the same night) if you don't use one of your workers, they will appear on another less prestigious promotion's show, but if one of your guys doesn't appear on a more prestigious promotion's show, you do not have the option to use them on yours.....bugs the crap out of me.

I put my World Heavyweight Title on Sabu, defeating Khali. After about 3 months, he broke his upper leg. I put the title on Finlay, he got major concussion just one week in. Kane then held the title, but caught ringsting in a match with Finlay! The title was then put on Batista, who is most probably about to tear his bicep. [B]THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE [I]IS[/I] CURSED[/B]

Like how in the talent trade system you have a list full of restrictions.... Which Include - Can only trade for workers with more or around the same popularit in the other promotions home country - Can't trade for the other promotions owner or booker - Can't trade for any of the other promotions champions - Then when you get someone they have a creative control clause which means if you so happen to get a main event calibre talent you can't job them to just any old worker on your roster.... But that's not what my gripe is actually about, my gripe is we as the player have to put up with all these restrictions but the CPU promotion gets free reign to treat your talent like a sack of crap. Here from my Burning Hammer game is some horrible mis-uses of my talent by NOTBPW. - I traded them Tom 'Angry' Gilmore...what do they do with him ? They job him to Craig Green of the Kelowna Playaz. - I traded them Hooded Kudo....what do they do with him ? They put him in a meaningless tag match with Dean McWade of all people and then on top of that they get jobbed out to the team of Joey Poison and Whippy the Clown.

Doug Williams held my British Heavyweight Title for over a year. My plan was to push him for another year at the top... then he went out injured for over a year. It annoyed me, but hell these things happen. I put the belt on Robbie Brookside, but bang went my 2 year + reign for Doug Williams. I was then planning to keep the belt on Robbie until Doug returns and have them feud with Williams eventually reclaiming the belt "he didn't lose". However, Robbie Brookside has gone out injured for 6 months! I'm running out of Credible people to put the belt on! I was going to give Wayne Bridges one last run at the top but he's just retired (I'm in 1997 - I know Bridges retired in 1989 but I wanted him active because I needed a saviour)! Bugs me when I don't know what else to do and lack direction.

yeah TigerKinny, I made a deal w/ AJPW.. I wanted to bring some Japanese workers over to my hardcore fed. I had Dibiase, Orndorff, and a few others to trade away to get some top Japanese talent over w/ me, but all the SOB's I wanted held titles which AJPW has like 15 off them. :rolleyes: the owner of my fed sets a block of 35yo's or younger and so I wanted to go after Harley Race.. he holds 7 titles w/ them, so it was a useless pact I had.. lol

[QUOTE=Rocland;278951]My only gripe with the game and it's a small one is I wish the internet section had more information on your promotion and workers. I know that I already know whats going on with my own company but still....[/QUOTE] yeah, don't get me wrong.. the game is awesome and I have no actual complaints about the way it's made, just little things like I've already mentioned.. this however Rocland, is definitely something I'd like to see like when I introduce a new tag team and titles change hands in my fed

[QUOTE=wooodaddy;280324]yeah, don't get me wrong.. the game is awesome and I have no actual complaints about the way it's made, just little things like I've already mentioned.. this however Rocland, is definitely something I'd like to see like when I introduce a new tag team and titles change hands in my fed[/QUOTE] And even if it just said who the star of your show was. (Be helpful for pushes etc.)

Archived