Hey all, I did perform a search on this but couldnt find any definitive info. I have a young worker who I'm currently developing, he will be wrestling exclusively in dark matches. What is the best way of increasing his stamina? Can I simply put him in matches that leave him exhausted or would it be best to try and use him one minute past his threshold until he can go that length then rinse and repeat? Baring in mind I'm looking for the fastest possible results and the match rating and any penalty's to his momentum are a moot point. Cheers

Put him in matches just below or just above his current stamina's limits. You should get around a 0.2% increase per outing. So if his stamina is D+, put him in 14 or 16 minute long matches. That's match length, not segment length (non-wrestling time don't count). At least that's the strat I've been using.

[QUOTE=Remianen;278721]Put him in matches just below or just above his current stamina's limits. You should get around a 0.2% increase per outing. So if his stamina is D+, put him in 14 or 16 minute long matches. That's match length, not segment length (non-wrestling time don't count). At least that's the strat I've been using.[/QUOTE] Ya know what this doesn't seem to be working for me. There are about 25 workers on my CZCW and I've been putting anyone over midcard matches that put them a minute or two into "Worker was visibily tired" and none of them have had even a .1% raise in Stamina. But a a few of the lower midcard or lower workers who have been in matches less then 10 minutes have seen a very small raise in Stamina. I think since I've started playing 2007 (and that's a lot of games) I've only had maybe 3 or 4 workers raise a grade in stamina. in 2005 I used to be able to raise stamina but respect would never rise now in 2007 Respect shoots up like a skyrocket (Sometimes more then one grade in a month) but I can't get stamina to rise for anything. And it's really annoying because I've got a lot good workers who just can't go the distance.

[QUOTE=Apupunchau@optonline;278827]Ya know what this doesn't seem to be working for me. There are about 25 workers on my CZCW and I've been putting anyone over midcard matches that put them a minute or two into "Worker was visibily tired" and none of them have had even a .1% raise in Stamina. But a a few of the lower midcard or lower workers who have been in matches less then 10 minutes have seen a very small raise in Stamina. I think since I've started playing 2007 (and that's a lot of games) I've only had maybe 3 or 4 workers raise a grade in stamina. in 2005 I used to be able to raise stamina but respect would never rise now in 2007 Respect shoots up like a skyrocket (Sometimes more then one grade in a month) but I can't get stamina to rise for anything. And it's really annoying because I've got a lot good workers who just can't go the distance.[/QUOTE] Hmm, just tested this myself and i'm not getting any increases. I ended up throwing him into longer and longer match ups to see if this would facilitate an increase, but no joy. I guess he may just not be able to improve his stamina ever...

I don't know, Super. Yeah, you may just have hit his 'glass ceiling' in Stamina. And Apu, you think maybe that putting them in matches where they actually blow up/get exhausted works against their stamina increase? I'm not sure, but it would make sense that if they get exhausted that it would defeat any benefits of potential stamina increases. Especially if it happened often. I could see that (running them to exhaustion) actually [I]hurting[/I] their health if it was done often enough in a short preiod of time, but that's just a realistic viewpoint of mine, not proven anywhere by anything in-game. Not to harp, but Remmy does a lot of 'scientific method' testing, so if he says it works then I'm inclined to believe him. I have no idea how 'deep' Adam went with his coding of the game, but it's possible that exhaustion may be a consideration for stamina increase? Just a theory.

There are too different tired road agent notes. The first is Worker was visibl tired by the end of the match. This is where I usually get them too, making them go a minute or two over the time where they don't get any road agent note. Then there is the note that says the worker was exhausted by the end of the match I try never to get them to this level as I keep a very detailed log of how far each worker can go. In my current CZCW game I've been going a year and a half and only one person on my 20 mna roster has gotten a stat raise in stamina and most of my roster haven't even raised a .1% in stamina even having gone both to no road agent note and to the Visibly tired road agent note. My question would be does All Out or Work Crowd have anything to do with it. I would think not since all of my matches have been All Out and the one worker has gotten a stat raise.

[QUOTE=Apupunchau@optonline;282591]There are too different tired road agent notes. The first is Worker was visibl tired by the end of the match. This is where I usually get them too, making them go a minute or two over the time where they don't get any road agent note. Then there is the note that says the worker was exhausted by the end of the match I try never to get them to this level as I keep a very detailed log of how far each worker can go. In my current CZCW game I've been going a year and a half and only one person on my 20 mna roster has gotten a stat raise in stamina and most of my roster haven't even raised a .1% in stamina even having gone both to no road agent note and to the Visibly tired road agent note. My question would be does All Out or Work Crowd have anything to do with it. I would think not since all of my matches have been All Out and the one worker has gotten a stat raise.[/QUOTE] I wouldn't had thought so, the only difference being the worker wouldn't receive the visibly tiring note until later in the match when working the crowd. I have tried putting my worker in matches that go the shortest amount of time but still result in the visibly tired note all the way up to exhaustion (increasing by a minute each time) I checked the data after every match to see if stamina had increased, but there no changes. Bearing in mind I have only tested this one worker, I still think Remi's theory is sound. It's probably just down to the workers stat caps. Its a a shame though, I don't really want to edit skills but this guys stamina is a D- and cant really go over 6 mins!

A thought just occured to me on this subject; Over what period of time are we all talking here? With people varying from holding one show a month to four shows or more a week, that might slew the results. Would make sense if any increases happened over the long haul. I'm no fitness expert by a long shot, but I'm thinking it takes a while to build up stamina. Doesn't happen 'over night' no matter how hard you train. Sure, shortens the period somewhat I should think, but too short a period of time would show no results. Those posting here that they've been getting results may be doing fewer shows per period of time or just speaking over the long term, while those with no results may be looking at things over the course of only a couple weeks or so, even if there are a lot of shows in that time frame.

Archived