CornellVerse Fantasy League

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the B-Team are gonna need a translator... as far as I know, none of my Japanese guys speak English. How am I gonna tell them what to do if they don't understand me? :p Seriously though, I'd love to see this pick up some more speed, I want to get to the phase where I laugh (or cry) at you all for my successes (or career ending injuries) that I accumulate in short order. I'm not sure how many more big picks I've got left myself, obviously the biggest stars are going down all around... but I figure there's some big names left to pick up, if I can just work out who I should be putting my money on.

[QUOTE=derek_b;310466]I think the B-Team are gonna need a translator... as far as I know, none of my Japanese guys speak English. How am I gonna tell them what to do if they don't understand me? :p Seriously though, I'd love to see this pick up some more speed, I want to get to the phase where I laugh (or cry) at you all for my successes (or career ending injuries) that I accumulate in short order. I'm not sure how many more big picks I've got left myself, obviously the biggest stars are going down all around... but I figure there's some big names left to pick up, if I can just work out who I should be putting my money on.[/QUOTE] I dare you to have any of your forgien slobs come on over the the good ol' US OF A and have them work my top 3 in TCW and i bet my crew would win;)

[QUOTE=machinesxe;310729]I dare you to have any of your forgien slobs come on over the the good ol' US OF A and have them work my top 3 in TCW and i bet my crew would win;)[/QUOTE] Yeah sure, if they worked in TCW. Meanwhile the House of Ship's anchor Human Arsenal is gonna be suplexing your asses all over the states! Not to mention Pablo Rodriquez exorcising...um...I can't really think of good trash talk for a priest. You've been circumcised!! No, that's not it...

I'm going to just finish off the last six rounds without the dramatic sentences and unfunny jokes. But just for the record, these are how many names each of you have left on your lists... steev42 - 2 theunholyicon - 3 machinesxe - 6 Monkeypox - 0 mad5226 - 0 chriscaulfield - 3 Midnightnick - 5 nightshadeex - 5 derek_b - 11 Homicidal J - 4 shipshirt - 1 ReapeR - 2 GuyInTheCorner - 2 FuelFan0102 - 0 I suggest that everyone, minus derek_b send in 10 more picks. Hopefully, unless everyone picks the same people, that should give us enough to finish the draft.

[QUOTE=derek_b;310883]Not only do I have a better team than everyone else, I've got more people on my list of potential picks too. :p Go B-Team![/QUOTE] That's only 'cause you pick all them dagnabbit furriners!!! I just don't feel like typing out an eye chart when trying to get their names right. So there :P

[B]ROUND 5[/B] steev42 takes [B]R.K. Hayes[/B]! theunholyicon takes [B]Emerald Angel[/B]! machinesxe takes [B]Steve Flash[/B]! Monkeypox takes [B]Champagne Lover[/B]! mad5226 takes [B]Dread[/B]! chris caulfield takes [B]Sensational Dragon[/B]! Midnightnick takes [B]Joey Beauchamp[/B]! nightshadeex takes [B]Shane Nelson[/B]! derek_b takes [B][B]Sensational Ogiwara[/B][/B]! Homicidal J takes [B]Remo[/B]! shipshirt takes [B]Steven Parker[/B]! ReapeR takes [B]Fox Mask[/B]! GuyInTheCorner takes [B]Ricky Dale Johnson[/B]! FuelFan0102 takes [B]T-Rex[/B]! [B]ROUND 6[/B] FuelFan0102 takes [B]Bairei Yasujiro[/B]! GuyInTheCorner takes [B]Big Cat Brandon[/B]! ReapeR takes [B]Plague[/B]! shipshirt takes [B]Mario Heroic[/B]! Homicidal J takes [B]Johnny Bloodstone[/B]! derek_b takes [B]PRIDE Koiso[/B]! nightshadeex takes [B]Steve DeColt[/B]! Midnightnick takes [B]Marc DuBois[/B]! chris caulfield takes [B]Thunder Hike[/B]! mad5226 takes [B]Jeff Nova[/B]! Monkeypox takes [B]Akima Brave[/B]! machinesxe takes [B][B]Tim Westybrook[/B][/B]! theunholyicon takes [B]Pistol Pete Hall[/B]! steev42 takes [B]Kinnojo Horri[/B]! [B]ROUND 7[/B] steev42 takes [B]Toshiharu Hyobanshi[/B]! theunholyicon takes [B]DJ Reason[/B]! machinesxe takes [B]Kansuke Konda[/B]! Monkeypox takes [B]Washei Heat[/B]! mad5226 takes [B]Tasuku Iesada[/B]! chris caulfield takes [B]Texas Pete[/B]! Midnightnick takes [B]Joe Sexy[/B]! nightshadeex takes [B]Chance Fortune[/B]! derek_b takes [B]Kozue Kawashima[/B]! Homicidal J takes [B]Elemental II[/B]! shipshirt takes [B]Joey Minnesota[/B]! ReapeR takes [B]Mean Jean Cattely[/B]! GuyInTheCorner takes [B]Liberty[/B]! FuelFan0102 takes [B]Nicolas Lopez[/B]!

[QUOTE=shipshirt;310884]That's only 'cause you pick all them dagnabbit furriners!!! I just don't feel like typing out an eye chart when trying to get their names right. So there :P[/QUOTE] :p Not my fault you can't see what's right in front of your face... get some OgiwaraKoisoKawashimaKoyama lenses in front of those peepers and you'll be fine soon enough. I like this game, it isn't necessarily down to the talents of the workers involved which means we've got some real variety in the picks, unlike in most draft games where everyone goes for the same few people all the time. I mean... Hell Monkey wasn't picked immediately!! Any draft that does that is clearly a good one. And of course... Goooooo B-Team! More of them damn furriners to make Shipshirt's eyes hurt. :) Although I'm sure I've got some North American workers coming my way soon enough... I know I didn't have THAT many Japanese guys at the top of my list, so hopefully I'll get some guys that speak the same language as me soon, apart from Mr Daniel Black Francis, of course.

Here comes Monkey pox with another (hopefully) work saving suggestion! Okay, so everyone but Comrade Derek_B of the Unamerican Committee is out of picks or nearly out of picks, right? And you want us each to send 10 more, right? Problem: We would have to cross check each potential pick against the picks that have already been made. That's a lot of work, but I can hear you thinking "Well sure, but I do a lot more work than that". And I'm going to get to you in juuuust a second. But if someone doesn't submit their picks (ASTIL), it gums up the whole works. Not everyone has been checking (or, at least, responding) to this thread as much as Machineexe or Derek_hates_U_S_A or me. So we could be looking at another lag, and I don't think anyone wants taht. And then there's this: So we each have 7 people right now, yes? Multiply that by the number of participants remaining (14, right?) and you get a sense of how many wrestlers you will need to personally keep tabs on and do write-ups on. You've already got a huge job ahead of you. I say we keep the teams we have, and give each team an additional "FREE AGENT" slot they can fill at any time and in any order, depending on how things go from here. Thoughts? JUST TRYING TO HELP. I am lazy and good at it.

7 is a weird number, I demand we have 10 people on our teams! Well... I'm not sure we should cut the drafting yet is what I'm trying to say. As with any draft, the top guys have gone and we're getting into the realm of those tough picks that may or may not succeed. Personally, I think we need another couple of rounds (or straight out picks) just to make sure we all pick people who might just turn out to be bad for our teams. A team of 10 people each ought to make sure we do this.. it's just a case of how we pick them. Oh... and I don't hate America! I swear my next pick on my list is American! :p

I've already sent in my picks too. It wasn't too hard to go back through the picks although I think I did pick two guys out of the 11 or so that were already picked. I'll go with whatever the majority wants. I don't really have a spine. I'm very wishy washy

Same here, I was looking forward to this. I'd be willing to take over the running of the league if you guys are up for it--I'd put it to a vote as to how to deal with my choices (let me keep my team, or return them to the general pool with my just running). Of course, if I was to take over, I'd need everyone's draft lists PM'd to me.

Alright, sorry. I've been away for a while. The draft is 99% done, however one person hasn't sent in their extra picks. I'm looking at you, Monkeypox! I don't want this thing to end, but I was waiting for Monkeypox and it just slipped my mind. If Monkeypox sends me a list, I'll stop the list at eight and get this thing started.

Archived