Cornell vs. Knight: A Film Noir TCW Story

January 2006: Ricky Dale Johnson begins his World Heavyweight Title reign February 2006: Tommy Cornell creates "The Brood", his own stable of superstars. February-October 2006: "The Brood go through a tear in TCW. The Wresting Machines grab the Tag Team Titles, Troy broke up painful procedure in August and took the International belt, and Wolf Hawkins dominated the ranks. October 2006: Many workers are upset with the company's owner calling all the shots and showing favoritism to his proteges. Due to horrible backstage moral, management bring in (against Cornell's wishes) author and former CZCW Assistant General Manager Chris Knight to become the GM of TCW. Late October 2006: Chris debuts on screen as the General Manager of TCW. The crowd absolutely loves his "no nonesense" character (which is really just a calmed down version of his own personality). Backstage, Chris discovers that a clause in Ricky Dale Johnson's contract promises him an "at least 12 month championship run". November 2006: Chris Knight starts working with Rick Law, grooming him for a championship run, in an angle where he would start arresting and beating The Brood. Tommy Cornell pulls the plug on this. Late November 2006: Chris Knight and Tommy Cornell are seen visibly arguing after the "A Little South of Sanity" Pay Per View. At a certain point Chris gets in Cornell's face, yells and then leaves followed by an entourage of various superstars and backstage workers. Most visibly upset in that group were Rick Law and Liberty. Early December 2006: Rip Chord makes a visit to Chris Knight's office. When asked what the meeting was about, Chord said it was an "exchange of ideas of how to handle ego-problems." December 2006: Chris builds up BLZ Bubb for a title shot. The plan was that he would fight RDJ for the belt at "Psycho Circus" and lose via DQ. January - February, they would feud and have a blowoff match at "Just Another Day" which would be a fatal fourway (two other wrestler would feud in March for #1 Contendership. Sources say it would've been Cornell and Liberty) where BLZ Bubb would win the World Title.Tommy Cornell would flat out refuse, saying the idea was "stupid". Late December 2006: 12 months to the day RDJ won the title, Tommy Cornell books himself in a title match slated to win. After failed attempts to change this, a furious Chris Knight books Troy Tornado to drop the International Title to blue chipper Rocky Golden. January 1st 2007: The day after "Psycho Circus", the new World champ Tommy Cornell appears on "Miguel Guerrera Live" and shoots on Chris Knight calling him "Incompetent" and "Out of his league". This may have been a blunder on Cornell's part as internet support for Knight skyrocketed within the first hour. January 2nd 2007: When asked about Tommy Cornell during an interview at GNN, Chris Knight responded, "Tommy Cornell is by far the hardest person to work with in this industry, hands down. The Eisen's have this reputation attributed to them but it's not that bad. Jerry [Eisen] just wants to make sure his sons have jobs. That's fine. At least Jerry has the common sense to have not put the World Title on Eric [Eisen]... TCW does not stand for Tommy Cornell Wrestling, and I intend to make that known, especially to Tommy Cornell. January 2nd 2007: In a completely unrelated interview with "The POP! Network", Wolf Hawkins puts over Chris Knight calling him "one of the most brilliant minds in the biz." [I]Thus, our story begins...[/I]

[B]Tuesday, Week 1, 2007[/B] [QUOTE][I]PWInsider.com Article by Zach Portman[/I] With this years debut of Total Wrestling coming up, the wrestling world is still holding it's breath in regard to the fallout from last week's "Psycho Circus". Insiders report that there was much discussion over the entire show. At the end of the night's main event where Tommy Cornell won his 4th TCW World Championship, General Manager Chris Knight was seen striding out of the building quickly towards his car with superstar Ricky "BLZ Bubb" DeMont. He could not be reached for questions that night, but an interview on GNN infers that there were creative differences to blame. The official TCW website has remained silent as of late about the issue, but a preview, which is presented here in it's entirety, of TCW Total Wrestling is up. [I]Robert Oxford vs. Aaron Andrews Chance Fortune vs. Freddy Huggins TCW World Tag Team Title Match The Wrestling Machines (c) vs. Painful Procedure American Buffalo vs. Wolf Hawkins Genghis Rahn vs. BLZ Bubb Ricky Dale Johnson to make a statement[/I][/QUOTE]

Guest cmdrsam
Nice premise with this sir. I'll be checking in from time to time. Robert Oxford vs. Aaron Andrews= Oxford Chance Fortune vs. Freddy Huggins=Fortune TCW World Tag Team Title Match The Wrestling Machines (c) vs. Painful Procedure=machines American Buffalo vs. Wolf Hawkins= Hawkins Genghis Rahn vs. BLZ Bubb= BLZ Bubb

[I]OOC: Thanks for the support guys. I wasn't sure if people would enjoy this direction. Everyone always thinks of Cornell as a really nice guy and I was sitting in English 103 thinking "Wait... people are always on the boards saying "Stop hogging the belt Cornell :)" But what if it's true that he does it because he's the owner? Anyway, I'm still thinking on what format to use for the shows, so any suggestions on that would be really helpful.[/I]

[B]Robert Oxford[/B] vs. Aaron Andrews Chance Fortune vs. [B]Freddy Huggins[/B] TCW World Tag Team Title Match [B]The Wrestling Machines (c)[/B] vs. Painful Procedure American Buffalo vs. Wolf Hawkins Genghis Rahn vs. [B]BLZ Bubb[/B] Although I expect a few "twists"

[quote=Sons of Kohral;308870][I]OOC: Thanks for the support guys. I wasn't sure if people would enjoy this direction. Everyone always thinks of Cornell as a really nice guy and I was sitting in English 103 thinking "Wait... people are always on the boards saying "Stop hogging the belt Cornell :)" But what if it's true that he does it because he's the owner?[/I] [I]Anyway, I'm still thinking on what format to use for the shows, so any suggestions on that would be really helpful.[/I][/quote] I'm actually surprised more folks don't explore the "Cornell as arsehole" angles -- sometimes you'll see it in non-TCW diaries, but then Cornell is a supporting character. As long as he doesn't become a Mr. McMahon cariacture (and I don't think you'll let that happen), it should work out fine. As far as format goes -- if you're focusing on backstory/backstage stuff, a minimalist format is fine for shows. If you're incorporating the backstage drama into the on-air product, then you'll need a more thorough treatment for the shows.

Archived