CZCW- Redemption

You don't know my name but you probably have seen me wrestle. You name the company and I probably have been in a ring for them, usually doing the J.O.B. to the stars. Sometimes I had some generic ring name (Jack Jackson in NYCW) other times I wore a mask (El Camino in Ollie- personal favorite). But the match always ended the same, me taking the fall and my opponent looking great. I worked for Tommy Cornell in TCW so often that I believe he had me on his speed dial. Most companies paid me well but Tommy was more generous that the others. I would usually hold off on making any commitments until the last minute just in case TCW called me. I had managed to graduate with a degree in Information Technology right before I got into wrestling so I used that to pay the bills while I lived out a dream to be a pro wrestler. Luckily I worked for a company that let me work from home so I never had to explain any missed days because of wrestling. Between my IT job and what I made in wrestling I had a pretty nice bank account going, so much so that I was considering leaving the IT job to become a full time wrestler. After a show with TCW I spoke with Tommy about what I was thinking of doing and he told to give him a call if I decided to do so, that he’d help me find a job somewhere if not with TCW. And then it happened. [B]BANG!!![/B] I still wake up in a cold sweat. That banging sound of my head hitting the mat, the sound of my neck cracking and then everything went black. I got a call from Tommy Cornell on a Wednesday asking if I’d be able to come in and wrestle The Big Problem on TV. Naturally I said sure, TCW paid well and Tommy had said he’d help get full time employment if I went that route. Thursday afternoon I got into a car accident that gave me some whiplash, I went to the ER and they determined that I had a bulging disk in my neck that if I had surgery was correctable and would not be an issue again, barring a similar injury. I flew out to the TCW TV taping and once I got there spoke with Tommy and told him what had happened but that I would be ok to wrestle if we worked the match right. After speaking to the road agent for the match with TBP and with TBP himself it was agreed that in order to put TBP over as a unstoppable monster he’d use a running big boot in the corner to KO me instead of his usual choke slam, thus making him look insanely monstrous and my neck would be saved. One simple problem, that big j@ck@ss decided to ignore what was agreed upon once the match started. We get to the moment that he was supposed to Irish Whip me to the corner and hit said big boot and he decides he wants to powerbomb me. The ref tried to intervene and TBP shoves him away, lifts me up and tosses me halfway across the ring. I landed on my shoulders and neck and I was told later the sound of my neck breaking was clearly audible to the fans at ringside. The last thing I remembered before passing out was Tommy Cornell screaming at TBP about going against what was decided in the back and that he’d take care of him later. Six months after the injury and two surgeries to fix what TBP destroyed I was still working in IT. Again I was lucky that I could work out of my home and the surgeries were easily explained as being the result of the car accident I had. I found out that Tommy fired TBP and in essence blackballed him from US wrestling due to his disregard for my safety, his going against the script for the match (apparently he did this often) as well as the fact that he had several complaints from others in and around TCW. And then the phone rang. It was Tommy Cornell. He was calling to see how I was doing and also to see if I still wanted to get into wrestling full time still. I told him that the neck brace came off in a week but that being a pro wrestler was over for me. He said he figured that much but he wanted to know if I’d like to try something different, head booker. I was silent for a minute before he said “Not here in TCW”. He told me about how Cliff Anderson needed some fresh blood in CZCW and Tommy recommended me for the head booker job. Apparently Tommy Cornell thought I had a great mind for the business and that he thought I could help turn CZCW into something. After thinking about it for all of a second I said yes, Tommy gave me Cliff’s number and said good luck.

Cliff and I talked several times over the next few days and finally we had agreed on some goals and limits for me to work with. We must be more prestigious then we are now in. We must not fall in size in the next 11 months and 3 weeks. I cannot sign any with less than a B- in resilience. I am unable to sign anyone with a heavy drinking problem. Cliff sent me the roster via Fed Ex and I sat down on my couch and looked at what I had to work with. [B]Main Event: [/B] Ultimate Phoenix (F) Donnie J (F) CZCW Champion James Prudence (H) [B]Upper Midcard:[/B] Matt Sparrow (F) Fox Mask (F) Plague (H) [B]Midcard:[/B] Remmy Skye (F) Frankie Perez (F) Insane Machine (H) CZCW Xtreme Champion Snap Dragon (H) CZCW Tag Team Champion [B] Lower Midcard:[/B] Masked Cougar (F) Citizen X (H) Marc Speed (H) [B] Openers:[/B] Flying Jimmy Foxx (H) CZCW Tag Team Champion Jeremiah Moose (H) [B]Miscellaneous Staff:[/B] Cliff Anderson and I would handle the announcing and I would do some Road Agent work as well. Pee-Wee Germaine- Referee Reese Paige- Road Agent Beach Babe Bunnie- Manager (Remmy Skye) Now that I had my initial roster, it was time to pack up and head out West towards redemption.

Fire Jame Prudence, Donnie J and Matt Sparrow. None of them have the stamina or skill to be a real main eventer for you. You'll get some nice C+ matches from certain combinations (Plague, Insane Machine, Ultimate Phoenix) but even against these guys Prudence, Donnie and Sparrow will hardly ever pull over C- and with the cost from their overness they're just not worth it. Bring in Steve Flash from day one he can put on B- matches with Ultimate Phoenix, plague and Frankie Perez with no chemistry notes and within a year he should be able to pull of B and B+ matches with them and by 2 years he can get A and A* matches out of them.

Over the last week I had been in constant contact with Cliff and explained a couple of ideas I had for the company which he was completely on board with. We agreed that once I was settled in that a company wide meeting needed to occur. Cliff and I decided to have the meeting at the Simmons Center, which was to become our base of operations for now. I made a coupe of phone calls to inquire about two available wrestlers and both were willing to talk to us so I arraigned meetings with both for next week. We walked in and I noticed that most of the wrestlers and staff knew of me from word of mouth and the internet reports of the incident with TBP. Cliff started off with a basic speech about how things are going to change, so on and so forth and then turned it over to me. I looked out at the faces sitting before me and after a second or two of awkward silence I started to go over my plans for the “new” CZCW: 1. A weekly free internet broadcast called CZCW Online. If our fans can access our site ([url]www.czcw.com[/url]) then they will get 30 minutes of hard hitting CZCW action. We will post videos of the 20 minutes of “dark matches” later on that night. 2. The Coastal Zone Championship is now vacant (this made Donnie J pretty angry) and a 4 man round robin tournament will be held to fill the vacant title. 3. The Coastal Zone Xtreme belt is now retired (surprisingly Insane Machine was ok with this) and will be replaced by the CZCW No Limits Title. 4. The Coastal Zone Tag Team Titles are currently "inactive" until we can build up the tag division. This really made Donnie J angry, granted he said nothing but I could tell by his body language. I also announced the card for our first broadcast of CZCW Online: Plague vs. Donnie J [B]Four Way Ladder Match for the vacant Coastal Zone No Limits Title:[/B] Remmy Skye vs. Frankie Perez vs. Insane Machine vs. Snap Dragon Predictions are welcomed.

[B]Plague[/B] vs. Donnie J Donnie J sucks. Four Way Ladder Match for the vacant Coastal Zone No Limits Title: Remmy Skye vs. [B]Frankie Perez[/B] vs. Insane Machine vs. Snap Dragon Personally I'd actually go with Insane Machine because Frankie can be moved quickly into the main event. But you may feel Machine's obligations in Japan warrant he not have a title.

[B]Plague[/B] vs Donnie J [I]I say Plague also. Donnie can get you an early boost, but he's definitely more of a secondary player[/I]. Four Way Ladder Match for the vacant Coastal Zone No Limits Title: Remmy Skye vs. [B]Frankie Perez [/B]vs. Insane Machine vs. Snap Dragon [I]Frankie for the win. Simply because you might want to get as much out of him before he leaves for larger pastures.[/I] Interesting read so far. Another CZCW read that I can st... um, borrow from. :)

[I]As a loyal reader of my diary, it's good to see you giving this diary thing a go yourself.[/I] [B]Plague[/B] vs. Donnie J [I]I take it this is non-title, and a Plague win would certainly help set up a title match between the two. That plus (I agree with Apu here) Donnie J sucks and the sooner you get the CZCW championship on a more talented worker the better.[/I] [B]Four Way Ladder Match for the vacant Coastal Zone No Limits Title:[/B] Remmy Skye vs. Frankie Perez vs. Insane Machine vs. [B]Snap Dragon[/B] [I]These multi men match-ups (especially one with a gimmick involved) are always unpredictable and any of the four could win, I'll go against the grain here so far and pluck for Snap Dragon.[/I] [I]One question I do have- Apart from a name change what exactly is the difference between the Xtreme title and No Limits Title ?[/I]

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;309776] [I]One question I do have- Apart from a name change what exactly is the difference between the Xtreme title and No Limits Title ?[/I][/QUOTE] In my eyes I always saw the Xtreme title to be similar to the WWE Hardcore belt. My intention for the No Limits title is to use it the way that TNA [B]used[/B] to book the X Division title.

[QUOTE=smurphy1014;310151]In my eyes I always saw the Xtreme title to be similar to the WWE Hardcore belt. My intention for the No Limits title is to use it the way that TNA [B]used[/B] to book the X Division title.[/QUOTE] The Xtreme title is actually a high flying title contrary to it sounding like a hardcore title. I forgot this and tried to put in on Bulldozer Brandon Smith to no effect as he's ineligible for it. I like the idea of a No Limits as long as it is no limits so fliers, brawlers and anyone else can hold the title.

[B]January Week 2 2007 The Simmons Center Attendance 300 (Sell Out!!:D )[/B] The show opens with both Cliff and myself welcoming everyone to a new era of CZCW. We briefly go over the changes regarding the CZCW Championship as well as the new No Limits title. The card is glossed over as we head to the ring for our opening bout: [B]Plague vs. Donnie J[/B] - Not a bad way to start off my first show as head booker. The action went back and forth but ultimately the experience of Plague won out as he hit the New Jersey Turnpike for the win. [U][B]Four Way Ladder Match for Vacant CZCW No Limits Title:[/U] Remmy Skye vs. Frankie Perez vs. Insane Machine vs. Snap Dragon[/B] - Wow! The rating may not have shown it but this match was well worth the price the 300 folks at the Simmons Center paid to get in. Quick paced, high impact match out of all four of these guys. The end sequence saw Skye hit the Skye Diver off the ladder onto Snap Dragon who was laid out on a table by Perez. Perez then tried to take advantage of the moment and get the belt only to run into the business end of a Termination Kick by Insane Machine that drove the ladder into Perez’ face. Insane Machine quickly climbed the ladder and retrieved the belt becoming the first ever Coastal Zone No Limits Champion. Cliff and I thanked the fans who were in the arena live as well as those who were watching at home. [B]Quick Ratings:[/B] Plague def Donnie J (NJ Turnpike) [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] Insane Machine won the Four Way Ladder Match for the Vacant CZCW No Limits Title. [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Overall D[/COLOR] (Forgot to do more than two matches, doh!)

I get back to my apartment and start to take a look at the numbers for the online views and much to my surprise I had answers to both of my contract offers. The first guy signed for a minor deal and may be nothing more than card filler, however the second one is a big signing and one who said he can be at next week's show. Oh the endless possibilities with this one. And that's when my cell phone rang. I picked it up and it was Frankie Perez, he was calling to let me know that he was offered and had just signed a written deal with NOTBPW. :mad:

After my anger over NOTBPW signing Frankie went away I put the finishing touches on the deal with Eric Sandretti (aka Bull Wrecker) and Steve Flash. I brought Sandretti in to see what he could do, if he doesn't work out then no big loss. Flash on the other hand has big things in store for him. With the contract issues done and over with I put the finishing touches on the next card for CZCW Online and posted it on the website. [B]January Week 3, 2007[/B] "The Hitman" Eric Sandretti vs. Jeremiah Moose (match may not be shown live) Plague vs. Ultimate Phoenix James Prudence vs. Steve Flash Remmy Skye vs. Insane Machine (Ladder Match for the Coastal Zone No Limits Championship) As always predictions are welcomed.

[B]"The Hitman" Eric Sandretti[/B] vs. Jeremiah Moose (match may not be shown live) New Guy for the win [B]Plague[/B] vs. Ultimate Phoenix This is going to be a great match and should probably main event James Prudence vs. [B]Steve Flash[/B] Steve Flash is your saviour Remmy Skye vs. [B]Insane Machine[/B] (Ladder Match for the Coastal Zone No Limits Championship) Insane Machine to retain.

[B]"The Hitman" Eric Sandretti [/B]vs. Jeremiah Moose (match may not be shown live) [B]Plague [/B]vs. Ultimate Phoenix James Prudence vs. [B]Steve Flash[/B] Remmy Skye vs. [B]Insane Machine [/B](Ladder Match for the Coastal Zone No Limits Championship) Gah...just agreed totally with Apu in another diary as well. Must be something wrong with the world! Could have gone Phoenix to be different, but I do like Plague.

"The Hitman" Eric Sandretti vs. Jeremiah Moose (match may not be shown live) [I]You said you weren't show how Sandretti would work out, and seeing as this may be a 'dark match' I can see you giving Moose a win here.[/I] [B]Plague[/B] vs. Ultimate Phoenix [I]Plague needs to continue his momentum towards a shot at the CZW championship[/I] James Prudence vs. [B]Steve Flash[/B] [I]Let me think.....it's one of the Fly Boys (Poster boys for Cruiserweight mediocrity) or Steve 'I can still last longer in the ring at 40' Flash.[/I] Remmy Skye vs. [B]Insane Machine[/B] (Ladder Match for the Coastal Zone No Limits Championship) [I]Machine's only just won the belt, and though anything can happen in a ladder match, I can't him dropping it this early.[/I]

[B]January Week 3, 2007[/B] [B]The Simmons Center Attendance 300 (Sell Out Again!!:D )[/B] [B]"The Hitman" Eric Sandretti vs. Jeremiah Moose (Dark Match)[/B] - Oh boy did the crowd crap on Sandretti. To both his and Moose's credit they did everything they could to get the fans into this but to no avail. Sandretti picked up the win in what may be the beginning of a short tenure here. [B]Matches Live on CZCW.com[/B] [B]Plague vs. Ultimate Phoenix[/B] - MOTN and it didn't last all that long. The two veterans and easily two of the top contenders for the CZCW Championship brawled all over the ringside area causing referee Pee-Wee Germaine to call the match a draw. [B]Jame Prudence vs. Steve Flash[/B] - Well, Mr. Flash proved to be worth each and every penny we paid for him. He put on a wrestling clinic against Prudence finally putting him away with the Flash Bang. [B][U]CZCW No Limits Title Ladder Match[/U] Remmy Skye vs. Insane Machine[/B] - Hard hitting, quick paced ladder match. Skye may be known as the "King of the Ladder Match" but Insane Machine took everything Skye could dish out and still was able to deliver the Termination Kick to subdue Skye long enough to retain the No Limits Title. [B]Quick Ratings[/B] Sandretti def Moose- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]E[/COLOR] :eek: Plague drew with Ultimate Phoenix- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]C[/COLOR] Flash def Prudence- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] D[/COLOR] Insane Machine def Skye (Machine makes defense 1 of CZCW No Limits Title)- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]C-[/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Overall C-[/COLOR]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]The men who will face off in the 4 Man Round Robin to determine the CZCW Championship have been named![/SIZE][/FONT] The four men who will battle it out for the right to become the CZCW Champion are: [LIST]Plague[/LIST] [LIST]Ultimate Phoenix[/LIST] [LIST]Fox Mask[/LIST] [LIST]Steve Flash[/LIST] The first match of the round robin will take place on the first CZCW Online show of February.

Now that we have the identities 4 men selected to compete for the CZCW Championship announced I went ahead and posted the card for this week's CZCW Online. [B]January Week 4, 2007[/B] Marc Speedy and Citizen X vs. Air Force 1 Insane Machine vs. Masked Cougar (Coastal Zone No Limits Championship) [B]4 Way Match[/B] Plague vs. Ultimate Phoenix vs. Fox Mask vs. Steve Flash As always predictions are welcomed.

[QUOTE=smurphy1014;312859]B]January Week 4, 2007[/B] Marc Speedy and Citizen X vs. [B]Air Force 1[/B] [B]Insane Machine[/B] vs. Masked Cougar (Coastal Zone No Limits Championship) [B]4 Way Match[/B] Plague vs. Ultimate Phoenix vs. Fox Mask vs. [B]Steve Flash[/B] Air Force 1 will continue to retain until you find some suitable matching teams to face. Personally I put off a tag division for a year until I made regional but you don't have too. My other suggestion make sure at least one half of each tag team has a C or better psychology. Insane Machine to retain I think he'll have a few highlight reel worthy matches before losing in a multi-man ladder or overhead wires match. I'm a Flash mark so I'm not gonna pick anyone over Flash. However although I've picked him to win in my heart my logic says you'll put the belt on Plauge.

[B]January Week 4, 2007 The Simmons Center Attendance 300 (Sell Out Again!!) Matches Live on CZCW.com[/B] [B]Marc Speedy and Citizen X vs. Air Force 1[/B] - This match was more to see if Speedy and X had any chemistry, which they do, so we may explore this team further. Decent match that came to an end when Snap Dragon pinned Speedy after the Dragon's Breath. [B][U]Coastal Zone No Limits Title[/U][/B] [B]Masked Cougar vs. Insane Machine[/B] - Not as good of a match with these two as I'd hoped. But once again the Termination Kick allows Insane Machine to get the win and defend his title. [B]4 Way Match[/B] [B]Plague vs. Ultimate Phoenix vs. Fox Mask vs. Steve Flash [/B] - I do believe we selected the best 4 guys to compete for the CZCW Championship. These four went at it trying to prove that they were the superior man. In the end Plague hit the New Jersey Turnpike on Fox Mask to get the win. [B]Quick Ratings[/B] Air Force 1 def. Speedy/X (D) Insane Machine def. Masked Cougar (Machine makes defense 2 of CZCW No Limits Title) (D+) Plague def. Ultimate Phoenix, Steve Flash and Fox Mask (D+) [B][COLOR="Blue"]Overall D+[/COLOR][/B]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]CZCW Signs Wrestling Legacy![/SIZE][/FONT] From CZCW.com- Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling is proud to announce the signing of a member of one of wrestling's legendary families, Cameron Vessey. We here at CZCW look forward to a long and prosperous relationship with Cameron.

[B]February Week 1, 2007[/B] [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]CZCW Online LIVE AT The Simmons Center!!![/SIZE][/FONT] [LIST]Citizen X vs. Masked Cougar (Match may not air live on CZCW.com)[/LIST] [LIST][*]James Prudence vs. Matt Sparrow (Match may not air live on CZCW.com)[/LIST] [LIST]Remmy Skye vs. Snap Dragon vs. Insane Machine [B]Coastal Zone No Limits Title[/B][/LIST] [U][B]Main Event:[/B][/U] [LIST]Ultimate Phoenix vs. Steve Flash[/LIST]

Archived