Mid Atlantic Wrestling - The New Generation of Old School (CornellVerse 2007)

[CENTER][IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/MAWImage.png[/IMG] For years and years, since the emergence of the sometimes controversial sports entertainment concept and the more risky independent feds in North America, millions of wrestling fans and workers have strived for what got them into the business in the first place – the same sport, but in hindsight, also a completely different one at the same time. One man, a man who, in his prime, drew many people into wrestling, looked to do something about that. Upon his retirement in 2005, Rip Chord set out to do exactly what the fans wanted – the same fans that watched him win Heavyweight Championships across the country for the biggest promotions, the fans that watched the slow downfall of his career (with the almost simultaneous downfall of the type of wrestling that they loved to watch). With intentions to pay back the fans, and the business, with what it needed, the living legend founded Mid Atlantic Wrestling. This is where the stars of tomorrow are wrestling today. This is where young talents can showcase their skills and morph themselves into future World Champions. This is where the wrestling fans of decades ago can see what they feel the business lacks in the 21st century. This is Mid Atlantic Wrestling… This is the new generation of old school… [SIZE="5"][b][u]MAW Roster[/u][/b][/SIZE] [B][U]Main Eventers[/U] [COLOR=Red]Steven Parker[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Mainstream Hernandez[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]The Mean Machine[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Des Davids Eddie Howard[/COLOR] [U]Upper Midcarders[/U] [COLOR=Blue]D.C. Rayne[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Antonio Ricky Douglas Flash Savage Oscar Golden Rockin’ Ryan Turner[/COLOR] [U]Midcarders[/U] [COLOR=Red]Stan ‘The Man’ Manna[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Erik Strong[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Max Mayhem[/COLOR] [u]Lower Midcarders[/u] [COLOR=RED]Huey Cannonball Curtis Jenkins[/COLOR] [U]Tag Teams & Stables[/U] [COLOR=Red]The Firm – Steven Parker, The Mean Machine & Ricky Douglas[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Call To Action – Mainstream Hernandez & Erik Strong (w/ Nicole Kiss) Natural Storm – D.C. Rayne & Eddie Howard[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]The Canadian Blondes – Oscar Golden & Flash Savage The Rock City Stars – Stan ‘The Man’ Manna & Rockin’ Ryan Turner[/COLOR][/B] [SIZE="5"][B][U]MAW Champions[/U][/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="3"][B]Mid Atlantic Champion[/B][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/MAW_Championship.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/StevenParker.jpg[/IMG] [B]Steven “The Future” Parker Won: July 2006 Defeated: The Mean Machine[/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Mid Atlantic Tag Team Championships[/B][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/MAW_Tag.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/DCRayne.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/EddieHoward.jpg[/IMG] [B]Natural Storm (2) D.C. Rayne & Eddie Howard Won: August 2006 Defeated: The Canadian Blondes (Oscar Golden & Flash Savage)[/B] [SIZE="3"][B]The Rip Chord Invitational Challenge[/B][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/MAW_Rip.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/StevenParker.jpg[/IMG] [B]Steven Parker Won: January 2007 Defeated: Eddie Howard (Quarter Final); Des Davids (Semi Final); Mainstream Hernandez (Final)[/B][/CENTER]

MAW.com: Rip Chord Reveals The Invitational Participants! [CENTER][IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/MAWcom.png[/IMG][/center] [SIZE="6"][B]RIP CHORD REVEALS THE INVITATIONAL PARTICIPANTS![/B][/SIZE] Tuesday, Week 1, January 2007 Hey there sports fans! The man himself, Rip Chord here, hoping that you all had a fantastic New Year with lots of alcohol. Missus Chord didn’t let me have any, but I’m not one to spoil everybody else’s fun just ‘cause I can’t get it on it. Anyway, now that Jay has finally shown me how to use this damn Mac thingy that I got him for Christmas I can finally check out this site. Not bad. Anyway, the main reason that I’m writing this is that, as all you diehard MAW fans should know, The Rip Chord Invitational is coming up later this month! If it’s anything to compare to last year’s event, I guarantee that it will be a fantastic show, and I will be there up close with the stars as I join Marv Earnest and our fantastic new color commentator Katie at the announcer’s booth [I](Editor’s Note: which, for the first time ever, you’ll be able to hear on the internet broadcast right here on MAW.com)[/I]. Now, for the participants – over the past few weeks I have accepted applications from pretty much everybody on the Mid Atlantic Wrestling roster and, after reviewing the performances of everybody that signed up for the RCI, I have decided and verified the eight people that will be taking part in this potentially prestigious event. Firstly, the man who has been on top of the promotion for the past six months, Steven “The Future” Parker was accepted and seeded into the tournament. Alongside him will be the other half of the A* Alliance, Ricky Douglas, one of the toughest guys on the North American indy scene today. Also taking part in the event will be the winner of last year’s Rip Chord Invitational, looking to successfully defend his crown, Mainstream Hernandez. Mainstream has been working his ass off over the past year to try and capture that Mid Atlantic Championship and I must say, a second consecutive win in this tournament would make me heavily consider giving him his shot against Steven Parker. Joining these three men will be former Mid Atlantic Champion, The Mean Machine. For seven months straight this guy totally dominated MAW with the belt round his waist, and I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him crowned the Rip Chord Invitational Winner of 2007. Also to be featured on the card will be Des Davids, the huge kid from Boston that we’ve seen in some impressive showings in the past months. He is joined by both members of the phenomenal team, two time and current MAW Tag Team Champions D.C. Rayne and Eddie Howard. For one of these two youngsters to go on and win the cup would be a huge statement to the rest of MAW, and could potentially set either of them up for a massive dual championship win. And finally, joining these seven stars in the tournament is Antonio, who I see as the wildcard in this thing. The kid can easily be underestimated when you look at him, but you have no idea how tough he really is and I know he’s got the determination to make something out of himself. With eight of pro wrestling’s hottest prospects all looking to make their mark on Mid Atlantic Wrestling, this could be one of the biggest events ever held under the MAW banner. Tickets for this event at Stanley Hall, I believe, are still on sale for about five bucks. I have no idea how to buy them, but I’m sure you nerds can work this Godzilla Firefox websurfer thingy better than I ever could. P.S. While I have this stupid computer turned on, guess I’ll get something off my chest. That isn’t me on this damn MySpace thing, regardless of what that fraud has been claimin', and my middle name isn’t Maxwell like he said. Hell, middle names are for wimps. [I](Editors Note: Look out for the official Rip Chord Invitational brackets to be confirmed as well as some words from all of the competitors in the coming week, right here on MAW.com!)[/I] [B]Rip Chord[/B] Mid Atlantic Wrestling Owner

MAW.com: Invitational Brackets Revealed/Participants Speak! [CENTER][IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/MAWcom.png[/IMG][/CENTER] [SIZE=6][B]INVITATIONAL BRACKETS REVEALED/PARTICIPANTS SPEAK![/B][/SIZE] Tuesday, Week 2, January 2007 Last week, right here on MAW.com, Rip Chord publicly announced all eight participants for the 2007 Rip Chord Invitational Challenge, which is set to take place in just over two weeks time. Last night, just minutes before midnight, Rip confirmed the official brackets for the RCI to us via telephone (apparently he hasn't grasped the concept of e-mail yet), and we are happy to announce that this is what the line up will look like for the Rip Chord Invitational: [CENTER][IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/RCI07Brackets.png[/img][/center] Over the past few hours, MAW.com has managed to get comments from every one of the eight people that will be competing in the tournament, and they all seemed to have the same thing in mind; success. [I]“I’m the underdog going into this thing, that’s no secret. I might no have the size or immense strength of guys like Des Davids, but I’ve got heart, I’ve got determination and I’m the smartest person in the whole brackets… Am I worried about facing Des Davids in the first round? Nah, just remember – the bigger they are, the harder they fall, the huger my victory.”[/I] – [B]Antonio[/B] [I]“This is my first chance at major success here in MAW. I’ve held this tag team championship on two occasions, but participating in this year’s Rip Chord Invitational is the closest I’ve come to tasting singles gold. This is a huge opportunity, and I’m gonna do everything that I can to get to the finals and make myself the top contender for the Mid Atlantic Championship.” [/I]– [B]D.C. Rayne[/B], 2x and Current Mid Atlantic Tag Team Champion [I]“This isn’t gonna be easy, winning three matches in one night. But I’m gonna let it be known that I’ll do ANYTHING within my power to win this tournament, even if it means going through my own partner… The part I’m really looking forward to is the first round, me verses the champ. That’s where I get a chance to shut this punk’s mouth and prove that I can hang with the best here in MAW.”[/I] – [B]Eddie Howard[/B], 2x and Current Mid Atlantic Tag Team Champion [I]“At the Rip Chord Invitational, I’m gonna show everybody how technically excellent I am. Three matches in one night is something that any normal man would struggle greatly with, but I’m not a normal man. I’m intense when I lace up those boots, I’m the toughest, I’m the most unforgiving son of a bitch, and I’ll show that when I go the distance at the Rip Chord Invitational.” [/I]– [B]Ricky Douglas[/B] [I]“The Rip Chord Invitational is my first real test here in Mid Atlantic Wrestling. I’ve won matches, but this is a step up from what I’ve been doing since I came to MAW. A tournament of eight of the biggest stars, and to walk away the winner I have to defeat three of them… Am I feeling the pressure? Yeah, but this is the sort of pressure that drives me to victory.” [/I]– [B]Des Davids[/B] [I]“I’m lookin’ forward to the tournament… It’s only once a year that you get to prove to everybody – the fans, the boss and yourself – that you’re the best, the most dominant in the company. Come the Rip Chord Invitational, I’m gonna tear apart the competition and walk out the winner.”[/I] – [B]The Mean Machine[/B], Former Mid Atlantic Champion [I]“Last year at the Rip Chord Invitational I went on to win the tournament, and I’m lookin’ to start off the year with a bang by doing the same. Don‘t get me wrong, in the past year everybody’s advanced in a good way, guys like Steven Parker, Des Davids and Ricky Douglas are better than they were last year which is gonna make it that much tougher… I’m looking forward to proving to everybody that I deserve to be champion.”[/I] - [B]Mainstream Hernandez[/B], 2006 Rip Chord Invitational Winner [I]“We might as well just skip the matches and have Rip give me the trophy already. This title here… this means that I’m the best. We’ve already established that I’m THE best wrestler here in Mid Atlantic Wrestling, there’s no need to question that, and there’s no need to add seven other guys into the equation… I guarantee that Rip will be awarding ME that trophy in February…” [/I]– [B]Steven Parker[/B], Mid Atlantic Champion With eight determined men, and seven exciting matches to determine the winner of the Rip Chord Invitational 2007, this sure is looking to result in one tremendous show. The Rip Chord Invitational is set to take place on the last Saturday of January at Stanley Hall - this isn't one that you're gonna want to miss! [B]George Kneller[/B] Mid Atlantic Webmaster

D.C. Rayne vs. [B]The Mean Machine[/B] Ricky Douglas vs. [B]Mainstream Hernandez[/B] [B]Des Davids[/B] vs. Antonio Eddie Howard vs. [B]Steven Parker[/B] [B]The Mean Machine[/B] vs. Mainstream Hernandez Des Davids vs. [B]Steven Parker[/B] [B]The Mean Machine[/B] vs. Steven Parker

D.C. Rayne vs. [B]The Mean Machine[/B] Ricky Douglas vs. [B]Mainstream Hernandez[/B] [B]Des Davids[/B] vs. Antonio Eddie Howard vs. [B]Steven Parker[/B] [B]The Mean Machine[/B] vs. Mainstream Hernandez [B]Des Davids[/B] vs. Steven Parker [B]The Mean Machine[/B] vs. Des Davids [I]Would have perhaps liked to have seen one 'guest' star in the field, to shake things up a bit....but I suppose it makes financials sense to stick with the property at your disposal at this moment in time. [/I] [I]The 4 I think we'll go through to the semi's are the best talents you have at your disposal on the opening MAW roster. [/I]

D.C. Rayne vs. [B]The Mean Machine[/B] Ricky Douglas vs. [B]Mainstream Hernandez[/B] [B]Des Davids[/B] vs. Antonio [B]Eddie Howard[/B] vs. Steven Parker-Picking Howard in an upset with Parker already holding the title The Mean Machine vs. [B]Mainstream Hernandez[/B] [B]Des Davids[/B] vs. Eddie Howard [B]Mainstream Hernandez[/B] vs. Des Davids

D.C. Rayne vs. [B]The Mean Machine[/B] Ricky Douglas vs. [B]Mainstream Hernandez[/B] [B]Des Davids[/B] vs. Antonio Eddie Howard vs. [B]Steven Parker[/B] The Mean Machine vs. [B]Mainstream Hernandez[/B] Des Davids vs. [B]Steven Parker[/B] [B]Mainstream Hernandez[/B] vs. Steven Parker

MAW The Rip Chord Invitational 2007 [CENTER][IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/MAWImage2.png[/IMG] [SIZE="3"][B]MAW THE RIP CHORD INVITATIONAL 2007[/B][/SIZE] [I]Saturday, Week 4, January 2007 Location: Stanley Hall[COLOR=WHITE]~~[/COLOR]Attendance: 61[/I] [I]The lights are turned up, and the owner of Mid Atlantic Wrestling, Rip Chord, is standing in the ring making a rare appearance in his own show. He is welcomed by the MAW fans with a standing ovation, which he responds to with a huge grin, applauding the applause of the 61 fans in attendance.[/I] [COLOR=Green][B]Rip Chord:[/B] Thank you everybody, thank you. I’m just here to say… welcome to the 2007 Rip Chord Invitational!!! Tonight we have eight of the biggest MAW wrestlers, including The Mean Machine, Mainstream Hernandez…[/COLOR] [I]Rip pauses as the fans cheer for Mainstream Hernandez at the top of their lungs…[/I] [COLOR=Green][B]Rip Chord:[/B] …And Mid Atlantic Champion, Steven “The Future” Parker. I guarantee you all a fantastic show, and hope you all have a great evening![/COLOR] [I]The fans once again applaud Rip Chord as he exits the ring and makes his way to the commentary booth, where he will be spending the night to call the action…[/I] [B]C[/B] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/DCRayne.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/MeanJeanCattley.jpg[/IMG] [B]2007 Rip Chord Invitational – Quarter Final Match D.C. Rayne vs The Mean Machine[/B] In the moments before the bell rings, The Mean Machine doesn’t seem to take the young Tag Team Champion as seriously as he could do, and as the bell rings, The Mean Machine immediately sweeps Rayne’s feet from underneath him with a wrestling takedown, mounting him and shoving his forearm into Rayne’s face. With D.C. Rayne in a totally defenceless position, The Mean Machine looks around at the fans in Stanley Hall with a smirk on his face before the referee orders him to get up. For the next minute or so Machine continues to toy with the much younger opponent, with arrogant slams to the head and such. Rayne shocks Machine, however, as he – while on the wrong end of a front facelock – sweeps the legs from under Machine and bridges over into a pin! The fans go wild as referee Jay Fair makes the count, but the former Mid Atlantic Champion quickly kicks out and scrambles to his feet. Suddenly, The Mean Machine shows his ‘mean’ side with a huge Clothesline, nearly taking D.C.’s head off. The Mean Machine controls the pace of the match from that point on, not letting D.C. Rayne string any moves together and staying on top of the bout. The Mean Machine gets a victory with his trademark Mood Swing, finishing the match early and setting a good example for the other six people in the competition. [B]Winner: The Mean Machine (via Pinfall) Grade: D[/B] [I]The camera cuts back to the dressing room of Canadian Blonde. Flash Savage is sitting in front of a mirror, making sure that his hair is in perfect formation, as Oscar Golden watches the television with a look of disgust on his face.[/I] [COLOR=Red][B]Oscar Golden:[/B] Can you believe this Flash? [B]Flash Savage:[/B] What? [B]Oscar Golden:[/B] Rip Chord lets these punks into the invitational and Rayne’s already thrown it away. If that were you or I, we’d be in the Semi Finals; Heck, the engraver would be setting up nameplates with our names on already. [B]Flash Savage:[/B] Mmm…[/COLOR] [I]Flash Savage seems to interested in his hair to listen to anything that his tag team partner has to say.[/I] [COLOR=Red][B]Oscar Golden:[/B] It sickens me that these jerks get picked just because they’re tag team champions. Heck, they won it through a fluke anyway. Given the chance, we’d totally win those titles back, and the second time we’d never lose them. We need to do something about this, we need to make ourselves heard![/COLOR] [B]D-[/B] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/DesDavids.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/Antonio.jpg[/IMG] [B]2007 Rip Chord Invitational – Quarter Final Match Des Davids vs Antonio[/B] As the match begins Antonio keeps his distance from the much larger opponent, trying to stay out of the corners of the ring where Des Davids can corner him and dominate the match. The fans, who would much rather see Davids use his right hand to smash Antonio’s face into tiny pieces, boo, until Des Davids finally finds an opening and begins to deliver shots to the ribs of Antonio, who immediately drops to the ground and rolls under the bottom rope away from any danger. Des Davids challenges Antonio to join him back in the ring. As Antonio reluctantly climbs back up onto the apron, Davids charges towards him, but it only takes a knee to the gut for Antonio to gain the edge. Using his own weight to his advantage, Antonio pulls back on the ropes before catapulting himself over Des Davids and landing safely on his feet behind the opponent. It’s then that Antonio gained a much bigger advantage as he grabs Davids by the hair and tugs back, driving a knee into the previously injured back of Davids as he falls. As most MAW fans – and apparently Antonio as well – know, it was a back injury that put Des David’s football career to an end. The young Italian-American wrestler continues to work on the back of Des Davids for the next few minutes, stopping at it and continuously driving his own knee into it. Locked in a Modified Camel Clutch, the fans encourage Des Davids, chanting his name and giving him the power to use his strength and get himself out of the sticky situation. With an elbow to the face of Antonio, Des Davids buys himself some time to get to his feet. Antonio, holding his jaw due to the impact of the elbow, runs towards Des Davids – and just like that, is slammed to the mat with the Boston Powerslam. One, two, three, and Des Davids makes it to the semi finals. [B]Winner: Des Davids (via Pinfall) Grade: D-[/B] [I]The match is over, and Des Davids stands in the center of the ring with his arms in the air, celebrating his quarter final victory over Antonio. Suddenly, a bitter loser takes Des Davids out from behind and knocks him to the floor. Antonio begins to stop at the lower back of Des Davids, before grabbing his feet and turning him over – locking in Des Davids’ own finishing move – the Boston Crab! Referee Jay Fair struggles to get Antonio to break the hold as the timekeeper repeatedly rings the bell, but Antonio won’t let go, trying to do some real damage to the previously injured back of Des Davids. Jay Fair finally manages to separate Antonio from Des Davids, but after a good minute or so of severe pressure, the damage may already be done.[/I] [B]F+[/B] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/RickyTurner.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/MainstreamHernandez_alt.jpg[/IMG] [B]2007 Rip Chord Invitational – Quarter Final Match Ricky Douglas vs Mainstream Hernandez[/B] At the start of the match Mainstream Hernandez and Ricky Douglas square off, Ricky Douglas just about standing over Mainstream. A smirk comes over the face of Douglas, before he suddenly slaps Mainstream Hernandez across the cheek, sending the smaller opponent stumbling backwards. However, as Ricky Douglas attempts to make the most out of the opportunity, running towards his quarter final opponent, Hernandez drops to the floor and trips Douglas with a Drop Toe Hold. He quickly follows through with a Side Headlock, but The Firm member counters as he gets one leg over Hernandez’s head and locks in a Scissors Hold, Mainstream backward rolling his way out of it. The two continue to put on a great wrestling display, Ricky Douglas really putting Mainstream Hernandez’s technical skills to test as they try to outwrestle one another. The first mistake comes when Mainstream Hernandez tries to take it to the top rope after a nice German Suplex, but is caught off guard and crotched on the top rope. Ricky Douglas takes control, even going for the Figure Four Leglock on more than one occasion and, on his third attempt, succeeding. After a long struggle Mainstream Hernandez manages to stretch his arm out as far as he can and, nearly using all of the might left in his body, gets a firm grasp of the bottom rope. Both men dangerously begin to show signs of fatigue in what has already been the longest match so far of the night, and both want to put it away and move on to the semi finals. Mainstream Hernandez goes to the top rope once again, but again he is caught off guard – this time Ricky Douglas climbing up to the second rope and attempting to Superplex his way into the semis. The fans are on the edges of their seats as Mainstream hooks his leg on the top rope, resisting a Superplex and delivering three hard shots to the gut of Douglas, then pushing him the mat with a bang. The fans are on their feet, they know what’s coming… Mainstream Hernandez hits the Apparition #14! With amazing athleticism shown with his finishing move, this match is over and Mainstream Hernandez seals his spot in the semi finals. [B]Winner: Mainstream Hernandez (via Pinfall) Grade: D[/B] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/EddieHoward.jpg [/IMG] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/StevenParker.jpg[/IMG] [B]2007 Rip Chord Invitational – Quarter Final Match Eddie Howard vs Steven Parker[/B] Both of these men are eager to get a win here in this match; Eddie Howard to prove that he can hang with the top players in MAW, and Steven Parker to move one match closer to becoming Rip Chord Invitational winner and crowning himself the top man in MAW. Eddie Howard seems to get the edge towards the start of the match, capitalizing on the ****iness of the Mid Atlantic Champion and making him wish he’d gone straight to work on the tag champ. The fans are firmly in the corner of the Natural Storm member to do a better job in the RCI than his partner did – they don’t want to see Steven Parker, the biggest heel in the company right now, get further than the very first match. Two quite evenly matched champions are having a fairly two sided match, with not one man looking better than the other. However, any time that Steven Parker gets some sort of advantage, he just throws it away with his total arrogance that he’s formed over the past year. While Parker and Howard aren’t quite delivering the technical showcase that Ricky Douglas and Mainstream Hernandez had done in the previous match, the hard hitting, intense action is keeping the fans on the edge of their seats as demonstrated by a big Spinebuster delivered to Steven Parker, the fans on their feet as Eddie Howard gets a near fall. Steven Parker is wishing that he could take a minute or two to rest, but Eddie Howard is giving him no time, picking him up and signalling for his Natural Causes (Brainbuster DDT). Howard hooks the arm of the champ and hoists him up into the air, the fans know it’s over! Suddenly, a boo circulates Stanley Hall as Huey Cannonball, The Canadian Blondes’ new buddy, runs down the walkway and jumps onto the apron. The official Jay Fair quickly turns his attention to getting Cannonball off of the apron when, out of nowhere, Flash Savage and Oscar Golden jump Howard from behind! With the referee’s back turned, The Blondes use a joint effort to grapple Eddie HOWARD, AND HIT A BIG Double DDT on him, planting him on his head. The Blondes quickly leave the ring and Huey Cannonball gives up the distraction, setting a perfect scene for Steven Parker, who takes advantage with a pinfall on a stunned Eddie Howard for the three count. That’s two thirds of The Firm in the semi finals. [B]Winner: Steven Parker (via Pinfall) Grade: D[/B] [I]Des Davids is in the back laying down on a treatment bed, with a specialist holding a pack of ice to the lower back of Davids.[/I] [COLOR=Green][B]Specialist:[/B] Well Des, I must say, it’s not looking so good, you’re in bad shape. I’d recommend you didn’t go through to the semi finals to wrestle Steven Parker.[/COLOR] [I]Des Davids sits up with a cringe on his face, his back hurting just from that action.[/I] [COLOR=Blue][B]Des Davids:[/B] This is the biggest opportunity of my wrestling career thus far. I’m not missing this, and I’m not giving that little punk Antonio the satisfaction. I‘m gonna compete no matter what…[/COLOR] [I]Des Davids stands up and walks away, leaving a concerned look on the doctor’s face.[/I] [B]D-[/B] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/MeanJeanCattley.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/MainstreamHernandez_alt.jpg[/IMG] [B]2007 Rip Chord Invitational – Semi Final Match The Mean Machine vs Mainstream Hernandez[/B] The exciting ongoing feud between The Mean Machine and Mainstream Hernandez is reignited here, to the delight of every fan in attendance. From the early going, The Mean Machine takes advantage of not only the size of Mainstream Hernandez, but also that his earlier match was much more tiring than his, combined with the fact that he’s had more rest time (though still not a great amount). The Mean Machine seems to be fairly in control of the match from the opening minutes, not that he’s completely dominant, but he is generally looking the less fatigued of the two. The first near fall of the match comes with a roll-up from Mainstream Hernandez, shocking The Mean Machine much like D.C. Rayne’s bridging pin did earlier on in the show. The Mean Machine begins to get aggressive, frustrated that he was nearly caught off guard by last year’s Rip Chord Invitational winner, beginning to deliver clubs to the back of Mainstream. The MAW fans seem to completely love Call to Action, as they barely stop chanting Mainstream Hernandez’s name throughout the match. The power seems to inspire Hernandez, much like it did at lest year’s tournament, as he gets more than that one near fall over his arch rival in MAW. The match slowly exceeds the ten minute mark and both men begin to get tired, The Mean Machine is pulling out all the stops to try and get himself into the final with as much stamina left, including illegally clinging on to the ropes for leverage whilst an Abdominal Stretch is applied to Mainstream Hernandez. Before long the match has turned into an all out war, the fans sense that the end is coming. The Mean Machine picks Mainstream Hernandez up after hitting a Suplex, and suddenly, Mainstream pushes him away – BAM! Mainstream Hernandez hits The Mean Machine with a Superkick, and goes for the cover! One, two, kickout! Some of the fans hang their head in disappointment, sure that Mainstream Hernandez had secured a spot in the final for himself. Mainstream Hernandez heads north, up to the top rope, and stalks The Mean Machine. As the former MAW Champion gets to his feet, Mainstream leaps off, looking for a big Crossbody… But is caught in the air, in perfect position for the Mood Swing! The fans cross their fingers for a counter, but no counter comes as Mainstream Hernandez is hit with a devastating Mood Swing. Surely it’s over; One… Two… Kickout! The Mean Machine, not to mention the fans, are shocked as Mainstream Hernandez gets his shoulder up, keeping himself in this important Semi Final match! The Mean Machine isn’t going to let this huge opportunity slips, and immediately follows up by picking Mainstream back up and lifting him from his feet, setting up for another Mood Swing. He executes the swing… But it’s countered, as Mainstream is swung, he manages to get a grip of Machine’s head and make a DDT out of it! Mainstream heads up to his familiar territory, the fans are on their feet as he finds his balance on the top rope, and for the second time in the night hits the Apparition #14! The roof almost shoots off of Stanley Hall as the fans make as much noise as 61 people can, as Mainstream Hernandez covers The Mean Machine and sends himself into the final of the 2007 Rip Chord Invitational! [B]Winner: Mainstream Hernandez (via Pinfall) Grade: C[/B] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/DesDavids.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/StevenParker.jpg[/IMG] [B]2007 Rip Chord Invitational – Semi Final Match Des Davids vs Steven Parker[/B] Here’s another match that the fans are psyched to see, the biggest match of Des Davids’ career so far, but he’s going into it with one major handicap; an injury. And boy, does Steven Parker take advantage of what Antonio had given him, from the minute the bell rings Parker puts his shoulder in Davids’ gut and runs Davids straight into the turnbuckle, where he begins to work on the gut/back area of his slightly larger opponent. While Des Davids manages to deliver some punishment to “The Future” during the course of the match, his power moves just seem to be missing something behind them, and Davids struggles to make much out of the opportunities that he’s given. With constant blows to the back, backbreakers and other moves that strain the injured area of Des Davids’ body, Steven Parker is really showing everybody in the arena that he has the mindset of a champion, and that if he’s given the smallest opening he’s gonna take full advantage of it. After a number of near falls, when Des Davids’ back begins to take a toll on him, Steven Parker’s ego kicks in as he stands over the downed Davids, pointing down at him and trash talking. He gets to close to the young behemoth, however, and receives a fist right in the chin! The force of the punch sends Steven Parker down to the mat, and Des Davids knows that he’s got to take control now if he’s going to stay in the match. For the first time in the match, Des Davids is on top and nobody is really sure if Steven Parker actually knows where he is after getting hit with such force. After minutes of domination, Des Davids knows that he’s gotta end the match soon if he’s to advance to the finals with enough in him to have any chance of picking up a win against the fast paced Mainstream Hernandez. He lifts Steven Parker up on his shoulder for a Powerslam, but just like that, the weight of Steven Parker is too much for his back to support and Parker manages to get himself down onto his feet, with Davids’ head under his arm. Des Davids hits the mat, receiving a Reverse DDT. With victory in sight after that close call, Steven Parker holds the feet of his opponent and adds insult to injury as he locks in Des Davids’ Boston Crab – the same move that risked Davids’ chances of making it into this match – adding an immense amount of pressure to the back of Davids by practically sitting down on the spine. Des Davids screams in pain, trying to withstand the submission move and reach the ropes. With an immense struggle, he is inches away from the bottom rope, reaching out… But his chances are shattered as Steven Parker walks him back to the center of the ring. The former footballer can’t stand it anymore, and taps out before his second choice of career is put to an end, setting the finals of the 2007 Rip Chord Invitational in cement; Mainstream Hernandez verses Steven “The Future” Parker. [B]Winner: Steven Parker (via Submission) Grade: D+[/B] [I]Steven Parker grabs a microphone following his victory.[/I] [COLOR=Red][B]Steven Parker:[/B] That’s two for two baby, and by gosh, I’m going the distance! In fact, those of you nerds that spend all your weekends on the internet, you’ll probably have seen that I personally guaranteed victory on MAW.com, and-[/COLOR] [I]The fans go wild as Steven Parker is cut off by Mainstream Hernandez, who stands at the top of the walkway looking down at Parker, slowly wondering towards the ring.[/I] [COLOR=Blue][B]Mainstream Hernandez:[/B] Guarenteed? Huh, I tell you what Parker, if you’re so confident that you’re gonna win the Rip Chord Invitational tonight-[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]Steven Parker:[/B] I am that confident! ‘Cause I’m that friggin’ good![/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue][B]Mainstream Hernandez:[/B] Well if you’re so confident, why don’t you put your money where your mouth is, and make our match tonight… a title match! Winner takes all![/COLOR] [I]The fans cheer at the thought of seeing a live Mid Atlantic Championship match tonight.[/I] [COLOR=Red][B]Steven Parker:[/B] A title match? Oh, I bet you’d all love to see a title match tonight, huh? Well… No! You don’t decide when I defend my title you little punk! And you damn sure aren’t getting a shot at my title tonight![/COLOR] [I]With a heated look on his face, Steven Parker stares up at Mainstream Hernandez, who stares right back down at Parker. A heated staredown ends as Mainstream Hernandez smiles at Parker and motions his hands around his waist, signalling that he’ll be the Mid Atlantic Champion before long, before turning back and walking through the curtain.[/I] [B]D+[/B] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/MAW_Rip.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/MainstreamHernandez_alt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/StevenParker.jpg[/IMG] [B]2007 RIP CHORD INVITATIONAL FINAL Mainstream Hernandez vs Steven Parker[/B] The RCI returns after the final intermission of the show, and now, it’s the match that everybody has been eagerly waiting to see since Mainstream Hernandez won the 2006 Rip Chord Invitational. Mainstream Hernandez has a chance to regain his crown and send the statement to Rip Chord that he is the real number one contender to Steven Parker’s championship, while it gives Steven Parker the chance to prove that he’s the very best of the best in MAW. Both men have gone through two draining matches, but they can’t stop there, not just yet… The two men lock up, and the showcase that everybody has been waiting for begins. Mainstream Hernandez takes control with a Side Headlock. Steven Parker turns the tables as he forces his head out of the tight grip and gets a Waistlock. Mainstream gets the momentum back with a standing switch, running Parker into the ropes and looking for a roll-up. Parker holds on to the top rope and sends Mainstream Hernandez bouncing backwards into a backwards roll, finishing on his feet. Counter after counter after counter. Mainstream Hernandez and Steven Parker are showing that, even though it’s their third match of the night, they can go. The match cruises past the five minute mark with the two stars still going at full speed. The first major advantage comes for Mainstream Hernandez when he’s Irish Whipped into the corner of the ring by Steven Parker, but jumps up to the top rope and executes an amazingly well done Moonsault Splash, connecting with Parker and almost stealing the competition right there with a near fall. As Steven Parker gets to his feet Mainstream Hernandez is ready to go, but Steven Parker quickly drops the pace of the match as he slides under the bottom rope to the floor to take a breather. He paces around on the floor outside, rethinking his tactics, but before he knows what’s hit him he’s hit with a Suicide Dive from Mainstream, almost sending both fans over the railings and into the fans’ laps! Both men enter the ring again before Jay Fair’s count reaches ten and the match is underway once again. The match is nearing the ten minute mark and neither wrestler looks like he’s even considering giving up just yet. Lots of near falls and high impact moves, and the fans are getting something that they won’t forget for a long time. The first finisher attempt comes closer to the fifteen minute mark as Mainstream Hernandez looked to put Parker to sleep with a Super kick, but Parker ducked out of it and Clotheslined Mainstream in the back of the head, taking control himself. The momentum of the match is swinging faster than the fans can handle, as the competitors get more tired their adrenaline keeps them running. Suddenly, a stalemate is hit, as both Steven Parker and Mainstream Hernandez hit Clotheslines at the same time. The referee counts from one. The first person to get to their feet takes the advantage. The fans are silent in anticipation. Both men are up to one knee at about the same time. And both men get to their feet at the same time. From here, it’s go all out and put the other guy down. Steven Parker hits the first punch, but Mainstream Hernandez comes right back with one of his own. Steven Parker hits a kick to the gut, and lifts Mainstream up on his shoulders, but a short struggle ends with Mainstream slipping off the back of his shoulders. He spins Steven Parker round… Superkick! The fans are on their feet, counting with the referee; One! Two! Thr- Steven Parker gets his foot on the ropes! A huge sigh is let out, and the match continues. The match hits the twenty minute mark, and both competitors are exhausted. They exchange punches, barely managing to stay on their feet. Steven Parker is still seeing stars after that Superkick, and it shows as sloppiness gives Mainstream the opportunity to deliver a stiff high kick. And another. Mainstream takes a few steps back and then paces forward for Parker, who quickly ducks. With his back to Steven Parker, Mainstream Hernandez quickly spins around to receive a kick to the gut from Parker, who immediately has Hernandez on his shoulders, set up… Future Shock! For the first time in the night, the Mid Atlantic Champion hits his finishing move and falls to the ground, covering Mainstream Hernandez. One… Two… Three! After an awesome match, the fans can’t help but applaud the bad guy for his effort. After an amazing effort, Steven “The Future” Parker has won the 2007 Rip Chord Invitational. [B]Winner: Steven Parker (via Pinfall) Grade: C[/B] [B]OVERALL RATING: C-[/B][/CENTER] [Quote][B]OOC Thoughts:[/B] Not a bad first show for MAW, not a great undercard but the Mainstream/Cattley and Mainstream/Parker matches saved it. To be honest, I’m never really disappointed with the Rip Chord Invitational because it gives you a base to start from, it’s a good way to start and build some key storylines and gives you a good idea of chemistry (the only match I find here was a negative one between Des Davids and Antonio). It’s especially a good way to start a dynasty, I find. And as you’d imagine, that show has pushed MAW up to small status – and surprisingly, it only cost me a loss of less than $1,000. Not much else to mention. I was quite surprised at how many people made predictions, I wasn’t expecting quite that amount of readers already, but it’s good to know, and I’m always open to predictions. The write-up might seem a little bit vague, because I actually did it earlier before I had run the show – I already knew what the plans were, it was just a case of actually running the show. For the February show I’ll have a better idea of the final grades, chemistry and such while I’m writing it so it’ll be easier to include stuff like that. Plus I'll most likely try to shorten match reports, they're pretty much only that long because it all came together as a story and every match had a huge relevance on the show. That’s all, hope you enjoyed. ;)[/QUOTE]

www.marvearnestblog.com [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/MarvEarnestBlog.png[/IMG] Sunday, Week 4, January 2007 Hey, guys! Everybody’s favorite indy announcer, Marv Earnest here. Just woke up after a long night of partying with Rip and a few of the MAW guys. It’s been a while since I made a post in my blog, and figured I should probably drop in and post my thoughts on recent goings on in Mid Atlantic Wrestling, and the wrestling world in general. • First of all, if you didn’t show up at the Rip Chord Invitational last night, a) shame on you! and b) go watch the stream right now on MAW.com. It was a fantastic show, as I’m sure the 61 people that attended would agree, and it’s definitely worth a watch. The match between Steven Parker and Mainstream Hernandez was awesome and I was impressed with both of these kids. Hernandez vs The Mean Machine wasn’t one to miss, either. Go watch the online stream, if only for those matches. • For those of you that have already viewed the show online, the lady that joined me and Rip on color commentary is actually our new head booker, who will be going by the on-screen name of Katie. Cattley (The Mean Machine) wanted to focus more on the wrestling aspect of the business so Rip bought her in. She’s got a lot of good ideas, Rip seems to like her attitude, and she’s also one hell of a color commentator. • Watching all three of his matches from last night, and the crowd response that he got, I truly think that Mainstream Hernandez could be the next big thing in wrestling. He’s got the ability to entertain the crowd both in-ring and on the stick, and he has the look, too. He could easily be working the lower midcard of SWF or TCW right now. I also think that Steven Parker could be big, but right now he’s too loyal to Rip for his own good, I can’t see him leaving MAW all the time that Rip is still around. • I’ve been asked by the MAW.com webmaster to plug the fact that the main event for MAW Crowning of a Superstar will be revealed on the website at some point next week. The name of the show refers to the fact that Steven Parker will be awarded the Rip Chord Invitational trophy at the show. There are rumblings of a certain main event to go down at the show, but I won’t reveal too much. You can already get your tickets at MAW.com. • One more plug, you can get tickets for NYCW’s Gang Wars from their website. It’s set to take place at The Weston Gymnasium on the second Saturday of February, and the full card can be seen at their website. That’s all for this dose of awesome blog posting. I’ll make sure to get another post up by the end of February. [RIGHT]- Everybody’s favorite indy announcer, [B]Marv Earnest[/B][/RIGHT]

MAW.com: Crowning of a Superstar Main Event Revealed [CENTER][IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/MAWcom.png[/IMG][/CENTER] [SIZE=6][B]MAW CROWNING OF A SUPERSTAR MAIN EVENT REVEALED[/B][/SIZE] Friday, Week 1, February 2007 Coming off of a fantastic 2007 Rip Chord Invitational, Stanley Hall will bare witness to MAW Crowning of a Superstar on the last Saturday of February, just one month after a gruelling tournament for certain people on the MAW roster. At this event, we will see the next chapter in the exciting feud between The Mean Machine and Mainstream Hernandez. After Mainstream Hernandez ran away with a victory over The Mean Machine in an amazing semi final match at the Invitational last Sunday, it has been announced that at Crowning of a Superstar the two will meet once again in the main event of the show, to decide the number one contender to Steven Parker’s Mid Atlantic Championship. After a remarkable performance at the Rip Chord Invitational, it is hard to choose an opponent for Steven Parker, which is why he’ll have the night off on Crowning of a Superstar. However, the champ and 2007 RCI winner will be at Stanley Hall where Rip Chord will personally award him his well-earned trophy. It will be interesting to see if Steven Parker has anything to say to Mainstream Hernandez or The Mean Machine as they battle it out for a shot at his title. Also at the show, Ricky Douglas will be taking on Call to Action rival Erik Strong, and the former MAW Tag Team Champions, Oscar Golden and Flash Savage will be looking to prove that they deserved a spot in the Rip Chord Invitational as they take on RIPW’s very own ‘Canadian Blondes’, Raphael and Jerry Martin. All of this and more at MAW Crowning of a Superstar, don’t miss it! Get your tickets from right here at MAW.com! [B]George Kneller[/B] Mid Atlantic Webmaster [QUOTE][U][B]MAW Crowning of a Superstar - Quick Picks[/B][/U] The Mean Machine vs Mainstream Hernandez Ricky Douglas vs Erik Strong The Canadian Blondes vs Raphael & Jerry Martin Curtis Jenkins vs Frankie Dee[/QUOTE]

The Mean Machine vs Mainstream Hernandez[B] (Draw-Non Finish)[/B] [I]Parker decides he'd really rather face neither of them and decides to interfere in the match, leading to a Non-Finish like a double DQ. However Parker's actions backfire on him and he has to face both Mean Jean and Hernandez next month in a triple threat.[/I] [I]I'm probably overthinking this but he's very hard to call either way. [/I] [B]Ricky Douglas[/B] vs Erik Strong [I]Could go either way, I just think that Douglas will find a way to sneak out the win in this one and I think Strong might be best used in the tag division. [/I] [B]The Canadian Blondes[/B] vs Raphael & Jerry Martin [I]Chalk one up for the home team[/I] Curtis Jenkins vs [B]Frankie Dee[/B] [I]More talent, more potential...though Dee gives up size to Jenkins, you can legitimately play of Dee's martial arts gimmick to make him a bit of a Senshi/Low-Ki style stiff striking bad-ass [/I]

[B]The Mean Machine[/B] vs Mainstream Hernandez Ricky Douglas vs [B]Erik Strong[/B] [B]The Canadian Blondes[/B] vs Raphael & Jerry Martin Curtis Jenkins vs [B]Frankie Dee[/B] Gotta love any MAW action on the board, and you surprised me by giving Parker the win last show - Mainstream would have been my choice. Slightly surprised you've kept Douglas and Jenkins around. In hindsight, they may not have been as bad as I thought, I suppose. Interested to see what you make of Stan Manna, incidentally...

[QUOTE=James Casey;314795]Slightly surprised you've kept Douglas and Jenkins around. In hindsight, they may not have been as bad as I thought, I suppose. Interested to see what you make of Stan Manna, incidentally...[/QUOTE] To be honest, usually when I start a MAW game there's a number of people that I usually don't hesitate to release, including Curtis Jenkins, Max Mayhem and Rockin' Ryan Turner. However, I figured that since I'm doing a dynasty I'd keep everybody around for a little bit, and give them a chance, especially since I'll be focusing on strengthening the tag team division more than I ever have before in this game. Though, unless I can make anything out of them, I won't be rushing to renew the contracts of any of those mentioned when the expiration date nears.

MAW Crowning of a Superstar [CENTER][IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/MAWImage2.png[/IMG] [B]MAW CROWNING OF A SUPERSTAR[/B] [I]Saturday, Week 4, February 2007 Location: Stanley Hall[COLOR=WHITE]~~[/COLOR]Attendance: 51[/I] [I]The 51 fans are in their seats as the start time of the how approches and the MAW wrestlers are ready to get it on. The lights brighten and the show is opened up by an unfamiliar female face walking through the curtain. The woman, who is slightly tanned with medium length black hair, looks around the arena before introducing herself in a British accent.[/I] [COLOR=RED][B]Laura McKenna: Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Laura McKenna. Most of you probably aren’t lucky enough to know me, but most of you will know this man; my new client, my personal friend, and the most talented Englishman on the US independent scene, Curtis Jenkins![/B][/COLOR] [I]The entrance music of the young Curtis Jenkins begins to play on the sound system and the big up-and-comer makes his way through the entrance curtain and stands to the side of Laura McKenna, him flexing and her posing. The duo begin to make their way down to ringside as Jenkins is set to open the show off in one on one action.[/I] [B]E-[/B] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/CurtisJenkins.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/FrankieDee.jpg[/IMG] [B]Curtis Jenkins (w/ Laura McKenna) vs Frankie Dee[/B] Curtis Jenkins towers over the newcomer Frankie Dee in the moments before the bell rings, an arrogant smirk on his face as he examines the much smaller opponent. Curtis Jenkins makes a vital mistake against Frankie Dee as he takes his eyes off of his opponent, looking round at his new valet Laura McKenna laughing at the opponent, which is when Frankie Dee suddenly unleashes a flurry of stiff kicks to the legs and midsection of Curtis Jenkins, immediately backing him into the ropes, delivering a number of stinging chops to the chest of Jenkins before managing to take him down to the mat with a quick Dropkick. Laura McKenna is in shock as her client has already been knocked off of his feet, the fans going wild for Frankie Dee as Curtis Jenkins scrambles up to his feet. He goes for a Clothesline but it is ducked by Dee who quickly goes on the attack again with kicks, slaps and chops to Jenkins an amazing showing in his MAW debut. Frankie Dee takes a few steps backwards, then charging towards Curtis Jenkins and leaping towards him, but is counted as CJ catches him and hoists him up onto his shoulders, looking for a high impact move. Dee again shows some tremendous abilities as he wriggles his way from the shoulders of Jenkins, and knocking him down to one knee with a kick to the calf, and quickly following up with a Step-Up Enzuigiri, putting Jenkins on the mat again! Frankie Dee eagerly goes to the upper body of Curtis Jenkins and grabs his head, applying his signature Dragon Sleeper and forcing Curtis Jenkins into submission just a matter of minutes before the opening bell was rung! [B]Winner: Frankie Dee (via Submission) Grade: E+[/B] [I]The camera goes to backstage where Antonio is standing in an empty corridor, waiting to get something off of his chest.[/I] [COLOR=RED][B]Antonio: A lot of you fans are probably upset that Des Davids isn’t on the card tonight – you’ve got The Mean Machine verses Mainstream Hernandez, you’ve got Steven Parker, you’ve even got the man himself, Rip Chord. But no Des Davids… You wanna know why? It‘s because of me! I damn near broke Davids’ back, and if it weren’t for the referee, you better believe that I would’ve! Because of me, Des Davids isn’t medically cleared to compete! Des Davids is the most dominant force in Mid Atlantic Wrestling? Nuh uh – ANTONIO is the most dominant force in Mid Atlantic Wrestling! And you know, even if Des Davids’ back is ever at 100% again, I wouldn’t be surprised if he just went ahead and hung up his wrestling boots, to save his big macho self the embarrassment of stepping in the ring with me again, and having me kick is ass again![/B][/COLOR] [B]E[/B] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/FlashSavage.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/OscarGolden.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/Raphael.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/JerryMartin.jpg[/IMG] [B]The Canadian Blondes (w/ Huey Cannonball) vs Raphael & Jerry Martin[/B] The Canadian Blondes immediately get the advantage from the moment the bell rings, as Flash Savage aggressively jumps Jerry Martin and continues to assault him while he’s on the floor, stomping a hole in him whilst making sure he’s nowhere near Raphael to get a tag. The Canadian Blondes make frequent tags, making sure that Jerry Martin, the smaller of the opponents, can’t make the tag to Raphael. Waiting to get into the match for the first time, Raphael eagerly slaps the turnbuckle as the fans clap their hands, trying to fire up Jerry Martin to make the tag. Oscar Golden takes the time to taunt Raphael, teasing the fact that he can’t legally enter the match to save his partner, trying to goad Raphael into entering the ring – when Jerry Martin slides through the legs of Golden and slaps Raphael’s hand for the tag after a good four minutes of getting slapped around by the Blondes! Raphael runs into the ring, Clotheslining Oscar Golden, then Clotheslining Flash Savage, and even knocking Huey Cannonball off the apron with a forearm. The Blondes and Raphael/Martins continue to battle for the next few minutes, but the duo from RIPW just look nowhere near as solid as the former MAW Tag Team Champions, not really working all too well as a team. After nearly seven minutes of tag team action, The Canadian Blondes prove why they should’ve been in the Rip Chord Invitational with a double team move, Flash Savage hitting a Senton Bomb followed by a Leg Drop from Oscar Golden, picking up the victory over Raphael and Jerry Martin. [B]Winners: The Canadian Blondes (via Pinfall) Grade: E+[/B] [I]After a short interval, Marv Earnest has caught up with 2006 Rip Chord Invitational winner Mainstream Hernandez backstage, who looks to earn himself a shot at the Mid Atlantic Championship tonight agains The Mean Machine.[/I] [B][COLOR=GREEN]Marv Earnest: Mainstream Hernandez, last month you suffered a loss at the hands of Steven Parker in the final of the Rip Chord Invitational. How much do you think this might have harmed your chances of becoming Mid Atlantic Champion?[/COLOR] [COLOR=BLUE]Mainstream Hernandez: Well Marv, if there’s one thing that my fans know about me, it’s that I’m not gonna give up that easy. Last month we were both very fatigued after two matches, and it just wasn’t my night. But tonight I’ve got the chance to make myself the number one contender to the Mid Atlantic Championship against Mean Jean, and you know that I’m gonna make the most out of it. And if it comes to it, next month it’ll be Mainstream verses Parker, we’ll both be fresh, and it could easily go any other way![/COLOR] D[/B] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/RickyTurner.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/ErikStrong.jpg[/IMG] [B]Ricky Douglas vs Erik Strong (w/ Nicole Kiss)[/B] The first of two Call to Action/The Firm matches is kicked off here, as Ricky Douglas and Erik Strong immediately show the fans that they have pretty good chemistry in the ring, kicking the action off with a nice sequence of chain wrestling, much like the action from the Douglas/Mainstream match last month, with Erik Strong attempting a few high risk moves here and there only to have most of them countered by Douglas. The match stays fairly even up until a failed Strong Sault attempt about five minutes in, seeing Ricky Douglas roll out of Erik Strong’s past for him to hit the canvas with a bang. Ricky Douglas takes the opportunity to work on the legs of Erik Strong, quite obviously preparing to make the opponent submit with his Figure 4 Leglock. Douglas finally manages to lock in the submission move as the match approches the ten minute mark, and the fans are sure that the match is set to end, but the referee catches Ricky Douglas using the ropes to get leverage on the hold and orders him to release it! Douglas gets to his feet and begins to argue with the referee, when he is suddenly rolled up by Strong; One, Two, Kickout! The fans are on their feet after that near fall as Ricky Douglas gets to his feet, running for a Clothesline on Erik Strong in frustration, but Strong quickly ducks and executes a Backslide – One, Two, Three! Erik Strong scores a victory over Ricky Douglas as the night begins to shape up well for Call to Action! [B]Winner: Erik Strong (via Pinfall) Grade: D-[/B] [I]During the final intermission of the night, a couple of backstage workers set up a small stand in the center of the ring with a tall structure on it, hidden by a red cover. As soon as the entrance music of legend Rip Chord hits the fans know what’s happening and the go crazy for the multi-time World Champion as he makes his way down to the ring, dressed formally in a smart shirt and a pair of suit pants for the occasion. He retrieves a microphone as he gets into the ring, waiting for the audience to calm down before he introduces the not so loved Mid Atlantic Champion and 2007 Rip Chord Invitational winner.[/I] [COLOR=Green][B]Rip Chord: Thank you, everybody, thank you. As you all probably know, last month was a big event for Mid Atlantic Wrestling, as we held the 2007 Rip Chord Invitational right here at Stanley Hall! Now, please welcome the winner of that event AND the Mid Atlantic Champion, Steven “The Future” Parker![/B][/COLOR] [I]The fans don’t welcome Steven Parker in the most flattering way as he strolls through the entrance curtain onto the walkway with an arrogant grin on his face, the Mid Atlantic Championship belt strapped around his waist and shining brightly. “The Future” doesn’t seem to appreciate the jeers that the 51 fans give him, frowning at the boos. Insulting chants such as “You Suck!” (to name the last vulgar) circulate Stanley Hall as Steven Parker climbs through the ropes and into the ring, unstrapping the Mid Atlantic Championship and holding it above his head for everybody to see. He places it over his shoulder as Rip Chord prepares to talk again.[/I] [B][COLOR=GREEN]Rip Chord: Steven Parker, last month you became the second person to ever win the Rip Chord Invitational. You’re beginning to build a legacy here in Mid Atlantic Wrestling, first winning the MAW title and now adding this feat to your list of accomplishments. For winning the tournament last year, I present to you…[/COLOR][/B] [I]Rip Chord whips off the red cover…[/I] [B][COLOR=GREEN]Rip Chord: The Rip Chord Invitational trophy! Congratulations, and do you have any words for the MAW fans at this moment?[/COLOR] [COLOR=RED]Steven Parker: Well first and foremost, let me tell you all that your boos don’t phase me. I’m the Mid Atlantic Champion, I’m the 2007 Rip Chord Invitational winner, and I don’t give a damn what you idiots think of me – the fact is, I am better than you. And, on that note, let me remind all of you fans – and everybody backstage in the dressing room – that I did exactly what I said I was going to do last month. I guaranteed victory in the Rip Chord Invitational, and I achieved victory, but I also said that I was going to prove that I’m the best wrestler in Mid Atlantic Wrestling… And guess what? I proved that too! I proved that Mainstream Hernandez can’t beat me, and he can say what he wants to Marv Earnest about how his fans believe in him, and how things can go another way, the fact is they can’t! Whether Mainstream Hernandez or The Mean Machine wins tonight is irrelevant, because they’re not gonna take this title from me, I am the best damn wrestler in Mid Atlantic Wrestling! I am the future, the only future, of professional wrestling![/COLOR] D[/B] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/MeanJeanCattley.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/MainstreamHernandez_alt.jpg[/IMG] [B]Mid Atlantic Championship Number One Contenders Match The Mean Machine vs Mainstream Hernandez[/B] There is a lot at stake going into this match for either man, as for both it means a shot at the Mid Atlantic Championship, something that both Mainstream Hernandez and The Mean Machine desperately wanted. Mid Atlantic Champion Steven Parker took a ringside seat for this one, sitting on a folding chair at ringside with the Mid Atlantic Championship around his waist and the Rip Chord Invitational trophy sat beside him. The match starts off quicker than their last match as neither man is as worried about preserving his energy for later in the night, as this is their only match. Neither man seems to take an upper hand in the opening minutes of the match, though as time progresses it seems very apparent that Mainstream Hernandez has the ability to give The Mean Machine some major worries as he scores a couple of near falls as soon as six or seven minutes into the match. The fans don’t stop giving Mainstream Hernandez their support through the match as they’ve been waiting to see Mainstream become champ for over a year now and next month could be his golden opportunity. Throughout the match Mainstream Hernandez tries to adjust his style to match The Mean Machine’s brawling skills, as he’d done continuously over the past year in matches against Cattley, while also continuing to use his speed and weight advantage to hit the high risk moves that he’s known for. As the ten minute mark slowly passes, Mainstream caps his performance which has been pretty much flawless so far with a well struck Superkick, putting The Mean Machine on the mat and quickly going for the cover. Jay Fair counts; One, Two, Kickout! The fans were on the edge of their seats there, but the match continues. Not too long after The Mean Machine went for his finishing move, but with some gritty punches to the face Mainstream Hernandez manages to counter as The Mean Machine falls back, Mainstream laid across him for the cover, with another near fall! Steven Parker is silent at ringside as he realizes that both of these men will put an immense amount of effort in to win the Mid Atlantic Championship. The twenty minute mark is approaching, and both men are beginning to get tired, looking to put this match away soon. After connecting with a Back Suplex from the top rope, The Mean Machine is stalking a prone Mainstream Hernandez for the Mood Swing. As Mainstream Hernandez gets to his feet, The Mean Machine spins him around but Hernandez gets out of the situation with a kick to the gut! He runs towards the ropes, bouncing off and running back towards Cattley, looking for a Clothesline but not succeeding as Cattley ducks. Mainstream continues to run and jumps up to the second rope, springboarding backwards and looking for a Moonsault Splash, but as The Mean Machine sidesteps it Mainstream manages to turn it into a full 360° turn and lands on his feet. The Mean Machine paces towards him but Mainstream ducks the punch and gets himself behind The Mean Machine, taking him to the floor with a Neckbreaker! The fans are on their feet as Mainstream Hernandez heads to the top rope, but Steven parker has a different idea – he folds up the steel chair he’s sitting on and approches Mainstream, who sees Parker before he can attack him! Steven Parker is caught red handed by Mainstream Hernandez, who fixes his eyes on Steven Parker and apparently would rather hit a diving attack on the champ instead! All of a sudden, Mainstream is crotched on the turnbuckle by The Mean Machine, and falls down to the canvas. The fans boo, but Steven parker laughs, as The Mean Machine takes advantage of a downed Mainstream Hernandez, picking him up and not wasting any time in hitting a devastating Mood Swing on Hernandez. One… Two… Three, and The Mean Machine is the number one contender to Steven Parker’s Mid Atlantic Championship. [B]Winner: The Mean Machine (via Pinfall) Grade: C-[/B] [B]OVERALL RATING: D[/B][/CENTER] [QUOTE][B]OOC Thoughts:[/B] Obviously, not as good of a show as I could’ve put on, but with the only two main eventers in action being Mainstream Hernandez and The Mean Machine I wasn’t exactly expecting a good show. The thing is, when you give Parker a win at the RCI cleanly you can’t really just have somebody challenging for the belt anyway, especially when it’s more of a three man story, and I prefer to have a contender decided here. I might’ve expected a D+, perhaps, but I’m not disheartened by the slightly low rating. When you have multiple big storylines running at once, it makes it easier to pull big ratings out. So, I guess this show was more for the storyline progression than the quality. I was also impressed with less than a $1000 loss again this month, granted most of the matches consisted of undercard workers, but I still had Steven Parker’s appearance, Antonio’s appearance and Des Davids’ off screen appearance (I think he gets payed for that, right?). So things are going pretty good in the finance section. No much else to mention, other than to say that this was sort of a long wait to get the show up, since I’ve been playing my XBox quite a lot lately it took longer than I expected. Hopefully in the future shows are posted quicker than a week after the last. I’ll probably do another Marv Earnest blog post within the coming days as well as posting a card for my March show. Thanks for reading. ;)[/QUOTE]

MAW.com: Rip Chord: "Mainsteam Should Be Number One Contender" [CENTER][IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/MidAtlanticWrestling/MAWcom.png[/IMG][/CENTER] [SIZE=5][B]RIP CHORD: "MAINSTREAM SHOULD BE NUMBER ONE CONTENDER"[/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 2, March 2007 During the weekend, MAW.com managed to get an exclusive interview with Mid Atlantic Wrestling owner Rip Chord, who had some potentially controversial comments for The Mean Machine and Mid Atlantic Champion Steven “The Future” Parker. “When The Mean Machine and Mainstream Hernandez put on that awesome match back at Rip Chord Invitational,” says multi-time World Champion Rip Chord, “I was honored for it to have taken place at a show named after me. It can be argued that they got match of the night back in January, which immediately prompted me to schedule the rematch for Crowning of a Superstar. That’s the type of match that headlines shows, and that’s the type of match I wanted our number one contender to be decided in. “The fans wanted to see it, and I wanted to see it. I would’ve been open to watching a rematch of Steven Parker verses The Mean Machine from last July. But let’s face it; I know it, the fans know it, and deep down I think Parker and The Mean Machine know it – Mainstream should be number one contender. I was really disappointed by what we saw from Steven Parker at Crowning of a Superstar, which brings up the question; is Parker afraid of Mainstream Hernandez? Is he scared that Mainstream might take his title from him? “I’m looking forward to the Mid Atlantic Championship match at Crowning of a Superstar, but if Steven parker thinks that Mainstream Hernandez is out of the title race, he’s sadly mistaken. Mainstream’s dream of being Mid Atlantic Champion isn’t over, and I’ll make sure of that!” The championship match between Steven “The Future” Parker and former champion The Mean Machine will take place this month at MAW Spring Showdown, live at Stanley Hall, where Antonio will face off against CZCW’s Masked Cougar and MAW Tag Team Champions Natural Storm will also be in action – don’t miss it, get your tickets from right here at MAW.com for just $5! [B]George Kneller[/B] Mid Atlantic Webmaster [QUOTE][B][U]MAW Spring Showdown – Quick Picks[/U][/B] [B]Mid Atlantic Championship:[/B] Steven Parker (c) vs The Mean Machine Antonio vs Masked Cougar Natural Storm vs The Rock City Stars Max Mayhem vs Frankie Dee[/QUOTE]

[B]Mid Atlantic Championship[/B]: Steven Parker (c) vs The Mean Machine [I]You've already hinted at a Parker-Mainstream show-down sometime down the line (though that could be a swerve), so I'm going for Parker to make a succesful title defence this time round.[/I] [B]Antonio [/B]vs Masked Cougar [I]Cougar's much more talented, but something tells me Antonio's going to sneak out a victory via some sort of under-handed tactics.[/I] [B]Natural Storm[/B] vs The Rock City Stars [I]Non title ? Just goes to show how much faith you have in the RCS. Really when Natural Storm are your champions, your tag division needs some serious help. [/I] [I]You either need to bring in some new talent to specifically help your tag ranks, try out some new combinations with the talent you already have or just put the tag scene completely on the back-burner because Natural Storm, The Blondes and RCS won't be cutting it.[/I] Max Mayhem vs [B]Frankie Dee[/B] [I]Dee has potential, Mayhem is a spot-monkey with limited talent. [/I]

Archived