Adding Scripts

I know in the Dev. Journal Adam said only he could add scripts but maybe there could be a thread in the Suggestions forum [when there is one] or the Mod forum where people can submit their own scripts. If Adam likes them, he adds them. If he doesn't, we all point and laugh at the failure - or give pointers on how to improve, whichever. Good idea or not? Should I just trundle off back to my hole? Alright then...

It won't hurt to provide script yourself, but prolly only Adam knows what these scripts need to contain to make them usable in-game. I think, before you nag, we should await the game first. If we finally (SHOULD we) become tired of the scripts that are currently in it, then we can communicate this problem to Adam.

I would imagine adding additional scripts will be a part of future patches/versions of the game. I highly doubt the first batch we get will also be the last. And more than likely Adam will take everyone's input when it's time to add more. Just a thought.

I kind of feel, that even though the scripts are written all at once, that they actually aren't going to be the same anyways.... Meaning, although I could be wrong... I think if fighter A does this, then the AI deduce's that fighter B will do this, then the AI decides on what just happened, who has initiative, and thus who strikes next. It all happens in computer time, depending on your computer's ability, the faster it will go... So, although different scrips for a different types of strikes, defence, might be nice, I don't think that the similation of the fight is just "Figher A is going to win, let's pick out a script for the fight that shows this". Or are you already thinking like this, and my input here was totally useless? LOL.

From what Adam said in the Dev. Journal, there are scripts for different types of match/round, then the game looks at the two workers involved to rule out scripts in that group and picks one, which is then changed a little more due to the specific workers involved. I THINK that's what I remember reading, though someone might want to check. I do think it would be quite good to have a thread of some sort for this but we needn't have one right away as I'm sure Adam was already planning on writing more scripts for it himself. It was just an idea I thought I'd throw out there, and if it did happen I assume Adam would give us some sort of outline as to exactly what needed to be done for it to work with the game. Of course, he may have everything totally covered and not want/need our help, which is fine. Just figured as it popped into my head I may as well let it get out! :p

Re-reading his post... He say's it can change... I'm not exactly sure I'm understanding it correctly, obviously my first thought's were wrong. Too bad we can't add scripts (he already answered that though). However, he might make a thread and give specific instructions for idea's (How to write it where it makes scense) for him to mule over and possibly pick a couple from.

Archived