The Ripple Effect (a first attempt)

The Ripple Effect: A Mod/Diary This is my first attempt at making a mod, as well as a dynasty. I am still working on all the data tweaks and whatnot, so i thought i would post what I have and get a feel for the water, take on suggestions and such. The basis of this mod, and later my diary, will be how a several small events can alter the world of pro-wrestling. This mod/diary is set at the beginning of 2007, just as the original database, but works of the premise that several key events have occurred that have altered the state of the business. The key event around which I center has to do with Tommy Cornell. The core event happened at the end 2007, with the death of Tommy’s wife Jennifer, while he was driving between arenas. Feeling responsible, and slightly embittered, Tommy temporarily leaves the business, returning to his home in the UK. He would later return at the end of 2006, working for the revamped 21CW, working under the name Rough Justice Cornell. (His stats have been altered slightly, his attitude changed, and now works exclusively in the UK. I use an alternate picture of Edward that I found in one of the other posts.) The effects of this one event are far reaching, starting small and growing. The first and most insignificant are that Tommy is now the head booker of 21CW, Edward and Tommy Jr (changed to simply TJ Cornell) also work only in the UK. Most significantly, though, is that Tommy did not purchase HGC. The company ended up in the hands of Sam Strong instead, who moved the company to an even more flashy sports entertainment product, with only a small nod to the traditional style he came from. With Strong in charge, Bruce the Giant was retained on the roster. Of course, this leaves a gap with USPW, who was still on the verge of collapse. So without Strong, who could take the company over? The answer is the recently disinherited Jerry Eisen, who walked out on SWF after a feud with his father, who was upset by the Jerry’s sudden engagement to Dharma Gregg of BSC fame. Jerry’s move to the company was the dawn of a new era for USPW, as he moved to a modern-style of sports entertainment, as well as sparking a feud with SWF. Several workers not under exclusive contract with SWF went along with Jerry, the biggest of these names being Jack Bruce. As 2007 begins, Jack is set to debut with the company under a new persona, based on the Phantom of the Opera, clearly in the main even picture. Also signed to the roster was indie sensation, Wolf Hawkins (who never signed to HGC due to Tommy Cornell leaving the company) and dubbed him The Wolf, a street-tough rebel.

Archived