International Size owner goal

In my current game with PGHW, one of my critical owner goals is that I must make the promotion rise in size (National to International) within two years. This is fairly difficult, as not only do very few of the actual wrestlers on the roster have the ability to work overseas, but no one on the staff (referees, road agents, announcers, etc.) can work anywhere else but in Japan. Does any one have any tips on how this can be done? Could I, in theory, sign workers that can't work in Japan just to be able to use them on overseas tours? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Can't you make people on your roster work wherever you want? I think worker area restrictions have to do with signings, not actually holding shows. So a worker with USA only won't sign with you if you're based in Japan, but your workers that are set as Japan only, will still work a show you hold in USA.

If you're not close to 53.1 in at least five regions outside your home area already, you're pretty much screwed, because even if you hold shows elsewhere, there ain't no way you're getting them from like 0.0 to 53.1 in two years. This is another great reason to play free style. To keep your job, you will likely need to go into the editor and set five regions outside your home area to 53.1 before time is up. If you are already close, however, then it would not be too difficult to get the popularity you need.

well, I would imagine PGHW would have at least some overness outside of Japan. I don't have the data in front of me, but I would bet them and BHOTWG would be at least E+ in the U.S., so really, you just need to try and run enough small shows to try and get tv coverage. Tough, but not impossible. The real problem would be if you had that coupled with a financial goal.

[QUOTE=GuyInTheCorner;328473]Can't you make people on your roster work wherever you want? I think worker area restrictions have to do with signings, not actually holding shows. So a worker with USA only won't sign with you if you're based in Japan, but your workers that are set as Japan only, will still work a show you hold in USA.[/QUOTE] Yeah, you misunderstand the area restrictions. It's only to determine who can SIGN where. Once signed, the workers can work anywhere the promotion holds a show. And that owner goal is going to be darn near impossible to reach unless you've been holding shows outside of Japan already.

Just to point out that International requires 53.1% in THREE foreign regions, not five (GLOBAL is 5). The only way that I could see you acheiving this is to change to a normal promotion, rather than touring (thus you get to run shows every month of the year), and try and bombard SW USA with shows. Given PGHW's product, your wrestlers don't need overness to produce good shows, so you will get good increases in overness every show (1.4% hopefully). Running a weekly show in SW USA will therefore get you to (effectively) regional there in approx 8 months? Then you might be able to get a TV show on Los Deporte Hoy to raise up Mexico as well. But even then - it would still be VERY difficult.

[QUOTE=Anubis;328507]If you're not close to 53.1 in at least five regions outside your home area already, you're pretty much screwed, because even if you hold shows elsewhere, there ain't no way you're getting them from like 0.0 to 53.1 in two years. This is another great reason to play free style. To keep your job, you will likely need to go into the editor and set five regions outside your home area to 53.1 before time is up. If you are already close, however, then it would not be too difficult to get the popularity you need.[/QUOTE] Some of us play in order to have a fun challenge and try to keep jobs, and don't assume we'll always be able to keep our jobs... and then we have to move on to the next promotion.

[QUOTE=Rob4590;328574]Just to point out that International requires 53.1% in THREE foreign regions, not five (GLOBAL is 5). The only way that I could see you acheiving this is to change to a normal promotion, rather than touring (thus you get to run shows every month of the year), and try and bombard SW USA with shows. Given PGHW's product, your wrestlers don't need overness to produce good shows, so you will get good increases in overness every show (1.4% hopefully). Running a weekly show in SW USA will therefore get you to (effectively) regional there in approx 8 months? Then you might be able to get a TV show on Los Deporte Hoy to raise up Mexico as well. But even then - it would still be VERY difficult.[/QUOTE] even then. He'd have to be running several events a week. Honestly. I'd shoot for raising your overness in smaller areas first. Europe, Britain, Mexico.... With smaller regions, it's far easier to reach a "national" level on those countries than it would be say, the US. Which means you being national in Japan would make becoming International far easier than if you tackled say Canada or America. Focus on the other countries.

[QUOTE=soundsofsilver;328723]Some of us play in order to have a fun challenge and try to keep jobs, and don't assume we'll always be able to keep our jobs... and then we have to move on to the next promotion.[/QUOTE] I just have a problem with unrealistic goals is all. "Oh, hey, I want you to make us an international hit inside of two years!" I think the creative side is a lot more important, and you can set realistic goals for yourself. The problem is that owner goals are too static in nature. Instead of "rise in size", it should be like "rise X letter grades in Y regions" and be a little more versatile. Heck, the profit one is one of the worst since it is based on percentage instead of amount despite the fact that promotions gain a relatively linear profit each month at any one particular level. A challenge is one thing, trying to defy gravity is another.

[QUOTE=soundsofsilver;328723]Some of us play in order to have a fun challenge and try to keep jobs, and don't assume we'll always be able to keep our jobs... and then we have to move on to the next promotion.[/QUOTE] I have to agree with Anubis, at least to a point. I set goals for myself that no owner goal can come close to, because they're goals I'm genuinely interested in. I give the feature a lot of slack because it's new and I can understand Adam not wanting to give it too much complexity in its first run. For me, there are only two promotions in the default data I could work for. In the modified CV DB I made, there are 37 additional promotions that can open (but rarely do, due to relative lack of available workers) that I could work for. Nah, I'd rather build a promotion from backyard to juggernaut.

[QUOTE=hrdcoresidebrns;329516]Well thanks to everybody for your help. After trying a few shows in the US (and getting popularity raises of .7 in a shot), it looks to be that the editor will probably be my only real option, which is a shame, because I think it would've made for an interesting game.[/QUOTE] Well, if you really want to keep this game running, but with a shot of keeping your self open, perhaps give a boost to three areas - but still so there'll well below your target, so you've got two years of work to do. And then stay well away from the editor!

Archived