In my ALPHA-1 Career I like to hire ex-GAMMA guys to become my cans. Pick a guy up who they just dropped or quit, and then feed him to guys I know will beat him. Any opportunity to make GAMMA look lesser I jump on. :) Other than that I really don't hire cans. I might have to eventually, but right now I'm doing one show every 3-4 weeks, and I'm having a hard time getting my decent and young fighters enough fights, so I don't have room for cans, and I'm trying to run as much best against the best as I can. I try to get the best available, or at least super young guys who have a chance to grow.

[QUOTE=BuddyGarner;336817]The best cans are one dimensional fighters like Elgar, Steve Mason, and Drew Jenks. They're good enough for the regional athletic commissions to clear them but not good enough to win a whole lot of matches.[/QUOTE] I dont know Jenks T.K.O'd JJ Reid before in my game.

[QUOTE=BuddyGarner;336817]The best cans are one dimensional fighters like Elgar, Steve Mason, and Drew Jenks. They're good enough for the regional athletic commissions to clear them but not good enough to win a whole lot of matches.[/QUOTE] I don't really regard Jenks and Mason as cans in my GAMMA game, more guys like Jethro Munter and Don Norman (could he be the ultimate can?) :)

[QUOTE=BuddyGarner;336817]The best cans are one dimensional fighters like Elgar, Steve Mason, and Drew Jenks. They're good enough for the regional athletic commissions to clear them but not good enough to win a whole lot of matches.[/QUOTE] To be fair (in my game, at least), while those guys are one dimensional, they're still very good at what they do (as apposed to guys who are just bad all-round). In fact, I've had Drew Jenks doing particularly well, earning himself a Light Heavyweight title shot and taking Anthony LeToussier to the limit, losing via a Split Decision.

[QUOTE=The Franchise;336793]In my game, I had to craft my roster out of BCF guys and whoever I could find unemployed and just let their skills and luck dictate who would be a star and who would be a can. Seems to work for me.[/QUOTE] I follow the same strategy. I usually hire some rookies, put them up against each other. If they get one or two wins then i put them in the big show. If they can handle the pressure i keep them around if not, it is out the door for them

[QUOTE=BuddyGarner;336817]The best cans are one dimensional fighters like Elgar, Steve Mason, and Drew Jenks. They're good enough for the regional athletic commissions to clear them but not good enough to win a whole lot of matches.[/QUOTE] See, that's why I like WMMA... Jenks and Elgar are doing pretty well for me. Elgar is one of my top draws, and although I haven't given him [url=http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28041]the JJ Reid Treatment[/url], I still go out of my way to keep him around. Jenks is off to a decent 4-2 start, which should be 4-1 but I fed him to James Foster due to my shameless protection of the "WMMA Poster Boy."

[QUOTE=BuddyGarner;336817]The best cans are one dimensional fighters like Elgar, Steve Mason, and Drew Jenks. They're good enough for the regional athletic commissions to clear them but not good enough to win a whole lot of matches.[/QUOTE] In one of my games Mason knocked out everyone I put in front of him and became a dominant champ the other game he was just so-so and would flip flop between wins and losses.

In my game, Mason became a can, even after I dropped him to Light Heavy to try and revitalize his career. Eventually, I used him to give Mike Watson an easy win and pad his record, then he lost two more fights and I let his contract expire. He got signed by Alpha-1 and is yet to fight. Jenks lost three straight bouts and I fired him. He went 2-0 in BCF and was recently signed by Alpha-1. Elgar lost 3 straight before he decided to become a heavyweight. Since then he is 7-2! His only losses where to James Foster and Lefter Oktay and he has an upset over Raul Hughes and a one punch knockout of Gary Sampson...really, the fight lasted 6 seconds! The ultimate cans in my game are Jethro Munter and Ian Linderman. Oh, and Charles Stiles was 0-9 before I dropped him.

Archived