Grey Dog Entertainment

[CENTER][B]1st Official Meeting of Grey Dog Entertainment Venue: Menzies Hotel Glasgow Saturday Week 1 December 07[/B][/CENTER] [QUOTE]Good Afternoon everyone, I'd like to thank everyones patience while we put the finishing touches to the promotion. I'd also like to thank you all on taking an interest in a new promotion with a chairman with very little experience in the business, although I'd just like to add that it will be well worth your while. At first bringing fans to the shows will rely soley on your talents and reputations but I promise you this promotion will grow. This is no small time operation over the last week I've signed the best backroom staff that I could afford and in my eyes you are the talent that will push this business forward. We are an entertainment based promotion. Our target audience are 16+ so we will be running a more mature programme than the mainstream promotions. We will be running with 3 titles, a main event title, a midcard title & a tag title, more on those later. At first we will be running 1 show per week on a Thursday night, we chose a Thursday night as our head official will share his time between ourselves and FWA. As the promotion grows so will the number of shows. I'd now like to introduce you to the staff who will be working behind the scenes to make this all possible. First of all our head official Mr. Steve Lynskey, those of you who follow FWA will be aware of Steve. Next up our announcer Mr. John Atkins once again we will be sharing him with FWA. Next up our colour commentator will need no introduction, the mouth from the south Mr. Jimmy Hart. Last but definitely not least the man who will help you put your matches together Mr. Jimmy Snuka. Now on to the shows. The first couple of shows functions will be to introduce you to the fans, and run a tournament format for the titles. There will be 10 single qualifying matches on the first show the winner of each match will go into a 10 man battle royal for the main event title, the losers of each match will go into a 10 man battle royal for the midcard title. The runners up of each battle royal will choose a partner and have a single tag match at the following show for the tag titles. Our first show will be this Thursday coming. It will be held right here in Glasgow at the Kelvingrove Arena. This show will be broadcast over the internet as will all shows until we have other means of media. We will now proceed with the draw for the qualifying title matches, there are also 2 mystery draws involved you will out the identity of these two competitors on the night. I as chairman will not be competing in the tournaments but will be available as a tag partner for the tag titles if required: [B] J.A Gilkison v Spitfire Stevie Carter ??????? v Jack Lightning St. Anger v Randy Skelhorn Adam Phoenix v Alistair McGeorge Ben Jackson v Outlaw JC Nuclear Templeton v Remianen Valorian Tremonti v James Casey Jmack v Sheymuss McGliggin Thomas Metcalf Salerno v Joshua Starr Malleus Maleficarum v ???????? [/B] That concludes the meeting. I'll see you all on Thursday night. [/QUOTE]

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm assuming predictions are ok? J.A Gilkison v [b]Spitfire Stevie Carter[/b] ??????? v [b]Jack Lightning[/b] [b]Nicholas Clements[/b] v Randy Skelhorn Adam Phoenix v [b]Alistair McGeorge[/b] Ben Jackson v [b]Outlaw JC[/b] Nuclear Templeton v [b]Remianen Valorian[/b] Tremonti v [b]James Casey[/b] Jmack v [b]Sheymuss McGliggin[/b] Thomas Metcalf Salerno v [b]Joshua Starr[/b] Malleus Maleficarum v [b]???????? [/b] (all random at this time.)

J.A Gilkison v [B]Spitfire Stevie Carter[/B] [B]??????? [/B]v Jack Lightning [B]Nicholas Clements[/B] v Randy Skelhorn [B]Adam Phoenix[/B] v Alistair McGeorge Ben Jackson v [B]Outlaw JC[/B] [B]Nuclear Templeton[/B] v Remianen Valorian Tremonti v [B]James Casey[/B] [B]Jmack [/B]v Sheymuss McGliggin [B]Thomas Metcalf Salerno [/B]v Joshua Starr Malleus Maleficarum v [B]????????[/B]

[B]J.A Gilkison[/B] v Spitfire Stevie Carter [B]???????[/B] v Jack Lightning Nicholas Clements v [B]Randy Skelhorn[/B] [B]Adam Phoenix[/B] v Alistair McGeorge Ben Jackson v [B]Outlaw JC[/B] Nuclear Templeton v [B]Remianen Valorian[/B] [B]Tremonti [/B]v James Casey Jmack v [B]Sheymuss McGliggin[/B] [B]Thomas Metcalf Salerno[/B] v Joshua Starr [B]Malleus Maleficarum[/B] v ????????

May as well offer some random predictions: J.A Gilkison v [B]Spitfire Stevie Carter [/B] ??????? v [B]Jack Lightning [/B] [B]St. Anger[/B] v Randy Skelhorn Adam Phoenix v [B]Alistair McGeorge[/B] (gotta predict myself on the first show :p ) [B]Ben Jackson[/B] v Outlaw JC Nuclear Templeton v [B]Remianen Valorian [/B] [B]Tremonti[/B] v James Casey [B]Jmack[/B] v Sheymuss McGliggin Thomas Metcalf Salerno v [B]Joshua Starr[/B] Malleus Maleficarum v [B]???????? [/B]

Just because I like making predictions and I like making sure I know what threads I'm paying attention to. :) [b]J.A Gilkison[/b] v Spitfire Stevie Carter ??????? v [b]Jack Lightning [/b] [b]St. Anger[/b] v Randy Skelhorn Adam Phoenix v [b]Alistair McGeorge[/b] Ben Jackson v [b]Outlaw JC[/b] Nuclear Templeton v [b]Remianen Valorian[/b] (we totally have the best names out of everyone :p) Tremonti v [b]James Casey[/b] [b]Jmack[/b] v Sheymuss McGliggin Thomas Metcalf Salerno v [b]Joshua Starr[/b] Malleus Maleficarum v [b]???????? [/b]

[B][CENTER]Pre-Show Meeting Venue: Kelvingrove Arena Date: Thursday Week 2 December 07[/CENTER][/B] [QUOTE]Good morning everyone. I just wanted to take this opportunity to speak to you before the show tonight. Although the ticket sales haven't been too great I'm optimistic that we can bring the fans in on the webcast. I am going to be very blunt, we don't have anything in the way of fancy pyros or props, I have spent a vast amount of our budget on talent so we are relying on your talents to get over. I'm sure you are all aware of what is required of you in the matches tonight, lets knock em dead. Due to time restrictions of the matches not all of you will have the opportunity to do a promo tonight, I expect you to make up for this in ring.[/QUOTE] Note: Show will be posted in around an hour i'm typing it up just now. And i'd also like to remind everyone that all the results are random in the qualifying and title matches so please don't have a go at me if you lose. I will take over the results after the titles have been decided..... so have a go at me then :p lol

[B][CENTER]GDE Best of British Venue: Kelvingrove Arena Attendance: 68 [/CENTER][/B] John Atkins: [QUOTE]Good Evening everybody I'd like to welcome you to the very first webcast of GDE Best of British, Unfortunately my broadcast partner Jimmy Hart couldn't be here tonight so I will be joined a little later by the owner of GDE George Corner, or Blasphemy as you know him. Speaking of Which he has just made his way to the ring. [/QUOTE] [B]Segment 1 - Blasphemy Addresses the Fans [/B] Blasphemy enters the ring a single spotlight follows him to the centre. He takes a minute to look over the small, impatient crowd. The microphone screeches as he raises it to his mouth, he takes a deep breath, GDE is Born. Blasphemy: [QUOTE]Ok let's clear one thing up right now, I hope you don't think I owe you anything for showing up here today, if anything you should all be lining up in this ring to kiss my feet...... (blasphemy pauses for a moment as the boos ring around the small arena).... don't boo me, I'll cancel the god damn show. You should be kissing my feet for the quality of talent that will be on show today, you should be kissing my feet for the blood, sweat and tears that these guys are going to spilling here tonight...... you should be kissing my feet..... cos i'm better than you.[/QUOTE] Blasphemy throws the mic to the corner of the ring before strutting over to the announcers desk to take his seat for the night. John atkins: [QUOTE]Um.... nice to have you with us boss[/QUOTE] Blasphemy: [QUOTE]hmph[/QUOTE] [B]Rating:D[/B] [B]Segment 2 - Spitfire Stevie Carter v J.A Gilikison Prematch[/B] As the crowd got over the shock of the owners outburst, the lights dim again and a poorly recorded nursery rhyme blares from the PA. Through the curtain in walks stumbles a bulking figure carrying a teddy. He holds it to his ear and nods in agreement. He sulks into the ring and stands quietly in the corner. As soon as the music stops he clutches his head and starts writhing in apparent agony. The music starts up again for the next wrestler to enter and J.A calms down. Stevie Carter walks down the short walkway to the ring waving a union jack flag. The Scottish fans don't take to this too well and boo's ring out. Stevie leaps the top rope and grabs the mic. As soon as the music stops J.A holds his head again in some sort of trance and starts to stomp around the ring with his hands over his ears. Stevie Carter Climbs to the top turnbuckle and addresses the crowd. Spitfire Stevie Carter: [QUOTE]It's great to be here in Glasgow Scotland (Stevie pauses for a moment for the cheer, instead a small patter of applause is heard) the only thing I love more than these british isles, is having gold round my waist, which is why I'm here for one reason, and that is to show you all what I can do and take the main event title, and I wil go through anyone to win this title for you people. (He seems to have won over the majority of the crowd as a decent cheer raises at the end) [/QUOTE] [B]Segment 3 Spitfire Stevie Carter v J.A Gilikison[/B] The match starts off awkwardly, with Stevie Carter trying to keep J.A in one area of the ring but the big guy just won't stop stomping around the ring. J.A no sells a couple of Stevie Carters punches before going to the corner of the ring and speaking to his teddy. J.A goes into a violent rage and beats down on Stevie Carter. The match continues in this manner until J.A raises Carter above his shoulders to hit the watcha gonna do. Stevie Carter runs to the corner of the ring and grabs J.A's teddy, J.A seems to go into a trance watching it. Carter with teddy in hand go to the top rope, and hits the flying clothesline on the traumatised J.A. He then returns to the top rope and lands the RAF splash for the 1,2,3. After the match Carter climbs to the top rope with union jack in hand, the fans applaud his efforts and the flag goes unnoticed. [B]Rating: E (Carter & J.A don't seem to click at all.)[/B] [B]Segment 4 - Jack Lightning Interview[/B] [QUOTE]John Atkins: Well, Jack, as you know, your opponent tonight is currently unannounced. Any thoughts? Jack Lightning: What kind of thoughts can I have when I have no idea who I'm facing? (John sputters) Don't sweat it... As far as tonight's match is concerned, I can't wait. It'll be shocking at the very least. John Atkins: Ha ha..... Well Jack Ligtning: What? Did I make a funny? John Atkins: (pauses) Well, you said "shocking" and your name is Lightning... Yeah... See, I'm so good I can be clever and not even know it! So... Yea, check out the match![/QUOTE] Jack struts off down the hallway looking slightly embarrassed but still very proud of himself [B]Rating: D-[/B] [B]Segment 5 - Jack Lightning v ???????[/B] As we join this match Jack lightning is in the ring paying a little bit too much attention to a girl in the front row. As the music starts for his opponent to enter his attention snaps to the walkway. A minute passes by and still no one shows from the curtain. Jack lightning starts to celebrate a no show victory when he is pounced upon from behind. The crowd squint through the poor lighting trying to get a glimpse at the mystery fighter. Jack lightning manages back to his feet and gets a look at his opponent "who the hell are you?" he shouts to the amusement of the crowd. "I am Aviv Mayaan and I am your undoing" came the reply. The pair swap offenses to the delight of the crowd, Aviv sticking to a technical mat game with Lightining climbing the ropes as often as he can. Aviv picked up a legitimate wrist injury with a botched takedown, Lightning took advantage and ended the match after the tesla coil. [B]Rating D-[/B] [B]Segment 6 St. Anger v Randy Skelhorn[/B] We join this match with both wrestlers in the ring. The crowd don't take to the match at all and let the competitors know from the start. The crowd don't seem to take Randy Skelhorn seriously and the wrestlers seem to rush through the match to get it over with. The match ends with St Anger forced the tapout with the pain from below. [B]Rating: E (St. Anger looked good out there)[/B] Note: I'll post the rest of the show tomorrow. Its getting late and I have work in the morning. I'll have them posed tomorrow night, if you cant wait for your result pm me and i'll let you know in the morning when i'm at work.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll post the remainder of the show tonight and hopefully I can get the next show out of the way tonight as well as I wont be posting for a few days after due to the holidays. I'd like to apologise to St. Anger & Randy for the lack of detail about their match. I was shattered last night and wanted to at least get the result up. I'll make it up to you both at the next show :)

[B][CENTER]Show 1 - Continued[/CENTER][/B] [B]Segment 7 Alistair McGeorge v Adam Phoenix[/B] The chants of "that match sucked" still ring around the arena as the music starts for the next competitor. From the curtain walks Adam Phoenix, he strolls down the aisle banging his head to the music. As he approaches the ring stairs he glances around the small but hyped up crowd, pauses for a second then snarls at a younger member of the crowd. As the music stops he rests arrogantly against the ropes. Alistair McGeorge walks through the curtain to a pop from the crowd eager to see Adam Phoenix's blood. McGeorge doesn't acknowledge the crowd, his eyes focussed on his opponent all the way to the ring. Phoenix wastes no time in setting about McGeorge attacking him as he enters the ring. The match starts off as nothing more than a brawl as McGeorge attempts to gain back his composure. Phoenix has a good 3" in height over Phoenix and uses it to his advantage overpowering McGeorge at every attempt. After around 4 minutes the match has developed into a show of technical ability as the two cruiserweights uncharacteristically (big word) keep the action on the mat. The crowd still baying for Phoenixs blood, cheer McGeorges every offence. Phoenix irish whips McGeorge against the ropes and attempts the clothesline, McGeorge ducks and plows straight into the referee, both men are out cold. Phoenix goes to the outside and pushes John Atkins off his chair at ringside, takes the chair into the ring and rests against the ropes waiting for McGeorge to stumble to his feet, a fan in the crowd heckles Phoenix to drop the chair and get on with it, Phoenix spits in the fans direction creating massive heat from the rowdy crowd. McGeorge starts to get to his feet, Phoenix swings, McGeorge ducks, Phoenix swings again, McGeorge takes a step back to avoid, Phoenix raises the chair for a 3rd time and McGeorge dropkicks the chair smashing it against Phoenixs face. Still shaken from his earlier bump he slumps on top of Phoenix as the referee comes around. 1,2,3. [B]Rating: D-[/B] [B]Segment 8 - Outlaw JC v Ben Jackson[/B] As the crowd taunt Phoenix on the way back the aisle a country western song blares through the PA. Through the curtain Bursts Outlaw JC, a bulking behemoth of a man in a cowboy hat and stirrups (shudder). He trots down the aisle waving a lasso in the air. When he reaches the ring he shows incredibly quick feet for a man himself as he dances in and out of the lasso. Ben Jackson enters the arena and strolls to the ring brimming with confidence. He stops in the middle of the arena to sign a fans ticket before entering the ring and flashing a smirk at Outlaw. The bell rings and the two square up. Outlaw has a good foot in height over Jackson and makes it known as he clubs him to the ground. Jackson cant seem to get an edge in as Outlaw just brawls him to the ground and keeps him there. Jackson tried desperately to get Outlaw down to the mat but the size difference is just too much. Outlaw is in total control and Jackson appears to be out cold, outlaw spots a pretty girl sitting by ringside and leans over the rope for a chat. Jackson rises to his feet stumbles over to Outlaw and attempts the roll up, 1,2 outlaw easily kicks out. Jackson keeps outlaw on the mat and goes to work about his knees. Jackson attempts the sharpshooter but outlaw kicks Jackson into the corner. Outlaw sprints across the ring and lands the broco buster. Jackson is out and Outlaw flops onto him, 1,2,3. [B]Rating: D [/B] [B]Segment 9 - Nuclear Templeton v Remianen Valorian[/B] An air raid siren sounds as Nuclear Templeton makes his way down the aisle for the ring. He stays focussed on the ring for the best part ignoring the fans until he reaches the ring steps, he flashes a smile at the same girl outlaw had his eyes on and enters the ring. The next wrestler to enter the ring is Remianen Valorian. Remianen marches down the walkway and into the ring. The bell rings and Remianen charges at Nuclear templeton but something appears to have gone wrong. Remianen falls to the mat clutching his knee. Nuclear Templeton looks to the crowd and shrugs. Templeton beats down on Remianen for a couple of minutes before getting bored and scoring the pin. [B]Rating: E (Although Nuclear still won the match in the random deciding I didn't notice that Remianen wanted to be an inactive wrestler so I've wrote in a fake injury. More on this next show.)[/B] [B]Segment 10 Tremonti v James Casey[/B] We join the next match around 5 minutes in, this has been a solid match so far with both competitors styles complementing each other superbly. Both wrestlers brought an Irish flag to the ring and the match started with a handshake. James Casey showed tremendous technical ability and kept the match on the mat as much as possible while Tremonti worked the crowd at every opportunity. James Casey seemed to have the match wrapped up and went to the top rope for the shooting star press, Tremonti caught him on the way down and forced the submission with the lock, stock and 2 broken legs. After the match both men shook hands and made their way back to the locker room together. [B]Rating: D[/B] (Tremonti & James Casey work well together). [B]Segment 11 - Jmack v Sheymus McGliggin[/B] The next match was an organised mess as both wrestlers beat each other senseless in a out and out brawl. Before the match Sheymus McGliggin challenged Jmack to a hardcore match rather than a normal bout, owner blasphemy gave the go ahead and each wrestler proceeded to beat each other to death with anything they could get their hands on. By the end of the match each man wore a crimson mask and struggled to to stay on their feet. Jmacks bigger stature seemed to work in his favour as he managed to drag himself on top of Sheymus for the 1,2,3. [B]Rating: D-[/B] [B]Segment 12 Joshua Starr v Thomas Metcalf-Salerno[/B] The next match could very well have been match of the night as both wrestlers played off each other brilliantly. Each spot was just another chance to get one over on their opponent and show off to the crowd. Whether it was Joshua Starrs high flying ability of Salernos Technical prowess it just worked well. Salerno seemed to have the match won when he locked in the TMS Effect but Joshua Starr found his way to the ropes, gasping for breath Salerno rose to his feet only to be caught by the Starr struck as the refs hand came down, 1,2,3. [B]Rating: C-[/B] [B]Segment 13 - Malleus Maleficuram v ????? Prematch[/B] Maleficuram (Damn your name Taker) waits in the shadows of the corner of the ring waiting for his opponent to be revealed. At last a figure emerges from the curtain with a black towel draped over his head. "It's Triple H" a younger fan squeals from the audience. "no its not Triple H you little run" comes the voice from under the towel. The mystery man whips off the towel and addresses the fans: [QUOTE]Thats right its not Triple H, triple H doesn't even compare to my brilliance. I have watched this show tonight from the back and I have to say I feel for you lot.... you actually paid what little money you have left over from boozing to come to this show, and how does Blasphemy repay you? A bunch of has been wannabes prancing about a ring thats what. Well I have good news, your meager little lives are about to be touched....... no changed by the brilliance you are about to see. Thats right..... I Teddy Hart am your next champion. [/QUOTE] [B]Rating: B[/B] [B] Segment 14 - Malleus Maleficuram v Teddy Hart [/B] Teddy Hart makes his way to the ring and is immediately overpowered by the brawling skills of Maleficarum. The match isn't pretty and it isn't long before Teddy Hart is resorting to dirty tactics just to get a look in. Maleficarum locks in the crucifixion and Harts hand comes down to tap out, Maleficarum waits for the bell as Teddy Hart is frantically tapping on the mat, but the ref slumps down beside them out cold. The mouth from the south Jimmy Hart stands over the slumpen ref grinning. Maleficarum releases the hold and chases hart out of the ring and backstage through the curtain. The referee starts the count 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.... still no sign of Maleficarum, 9....... *bump* the ref hits the deck for the 2nd time as Thomas Metcalf-Salerno stands over him with a chair. Salerno then hits Hart with a vicious chair shot sending him to the deck. Maleficarum returns to the ring as Salerno wakes the ref. Salerno screams at Maleficarum to make the pin but he refuses and waits for Teddy Hart to reach his feet and locks in the crucifixion again. Hart has no choice but to tap out as Jimmy Hart is nowhere to be seen. [B]Rating: C-[/B] And thats a wrap [B]Overall Rating: D (the fans were expecting more angles & storylines)[/B]

Ok question. What do you think of the current format? And would you rather see shorter write ups so we can progress quicker? That show took bloody ages to write up but thats because there were so many segments. So would you rather: 1. Keep the current format & write up....... I like the detail 2. Cut it down a bit.... I'm bored of waiting for results 3. I don't read it.... I just check the results.

[quote=Blasphemywebleed;345533]Ok question. What do you think of the current format? And would you rather see shorter write ups so we can progress quicker? That show took bloody ages to write up but thats because there were so many segments. So would you rather: 1. Keep the current format & write up....... I like the detail 2. Cut it down a bit.... I'm bored of waiting for results 3. I don't read it.... I just check the results.[/quote] 1 or 2

[QUOTE=chris caulfield;345550]option 2 please. Oh yeah I may of lost but I arguably I was part of the biggest part of the show as I took out Teddy Hart in the main event. EDIT: Also after the tournament are you planning on picking the winners?[/QUOTE] To be fair there wasn't a main event in that show. I childishly assigned you all numbers and rolled dice to determine the matches, last one out drew hart and taker was last out. :p. Since the results were random there was no interference in the actual match, I just added that to the write up to make it more interesting to read and to justify takers win over the "mystery star" you were my highest carder to lose so I picked you for the interference in the write up. :) Yeah I will be picking the winners after the tournament, reason being my personal goal for this dynasty is to get the promotion above cult level and sometimes the AI goes against momentum.

[QUOTE=BIGJOSH;345554]Cool! I really enjoyed this! I would like to see a breakdown of the roster (pushes, alignment, etc.) I also like the current format of the shows![/QUOTE] I'll do the breakdown after the titles are decided. Reason being the results are currently random and if a current main eventer is beaten by a midcarder for the main event title, they will have reason to moan that it is unrealistic. So I will adjust the pushes after the next show and post a breakdown.

Archived