Suggestion for my Next Dynasty

INHO I think that you should stick with your AWA diary.I got a lot of hate on my diary for just the godamn title(Cheap Plug*If you wan't to find out the title then take a look at my diary)You have great potential if you just worked on your grammar,change you layout, and long time planning.Another thing is be motivated.If your not motivated in doing one then don't do it.I get motivated when people say my diary is crap so I could shut them up or if people give me good feedback so I know that people give a damn about my work.But it's just some advise:)

[QUOTE=Sarcasm;346048]INHO I think that you should stick with your AWA diary.I got a lot of hate on my diary for just the godamn title(Cheap Plug*If you wan't to find out the title then take a look at my diary)You have great potential if you just worked on your grammar,change you layout, and long time planning.Another thing is be motivated.If your not motivated in doing one then don't do it.I get motivated when people say my diary is crap so I could shut them up or if people give me good feedback so I know that people give a damn about my work.But it's just some advise:)[/QUOTE] Thank You.What do you mean by Layout.My Story

Yeah like the way you write it.You could you more descriptive words such as: (Randy Orton arrogany strides to the ring, mocking the fans as they boo him.He sees a little boy with a pro - UnderTaker sign.He viciously grabs the sign and tears it to shreads.He smirks c0ckily as the little boy crys.The boy's dad is ready to trade blows as his shouts vulger language at Randy which only make his grin grow.The fans are giving him serious heel heat at this point.After what seems an eternity randy enters the ring.He shouts "Give me the damn mic!" as Lillian does.He puts his lips to the microphone but the boos are so loud that he cannot speak.After about 1:15 secs later he begins to speak.) You see what I did as opposed to: (Randy Orton comes out to boos from the crowd.He rips a sign then he enters the ring.) Thats what I mean and another thing make sure you space out each line like: Randy Orton:Blah, blah, blah, shut the hell up! (The crowd gives him serious heel heat now as if they are about to riot.Randy just milks it for all that it's worth.) I hope this clear up some stuff:)

[QUOTE=Sarcasm;346060]Yeah like the way you write it.You could you more descriptive words such as: (Randy Orton arrogany strides to the ring, mocking the fans as they boo him.He sees a little boy with a pro - UnderTaker sign.He viciously grabs the sign and tears it to shreads.He smirks c0ckily as the little boy crys.The boy's dad is ready to trade blows as his shouts vulger language at Randy which only make his grin grow.The fans are giving him serious heel heat at this point.After what seems an eternity randy enters the ring.He shouts "Give me the damn mic!" as Lillian does.He puts his lips to the microphone but the boos are so loud that he cannot speak.After about 1:15 secs later he begins to speak.) You see what I did as opposed to: (Randy Orton comes out to boos from the crowd.He rips a sign then he enters the ring.) Thats what I mean and another thing make sure you space out each line like: Randy Orton:Blah, blah, blah, shut the hell up! (The crowd gives him serious heel heat now as if they are about to riot.Randy just milks it for all that it's worth.) I hope this clear up some stuff:)[/QUOTE] Thank You Sarcasm.It Really Helped A Hell of Alot.One more Thing can you help me with my intreviewing

Alright, here's a few suggestions for a dynasty (either a new one or your AWA one). I haven't been on the boards long, but these are a few things I did to my dynasty (The New NWA (cheap plug)) that I found help me. 1-If you do choose to start a new one, [B]make up your own promotion[/B]. Just avoid the criticism about 'not knowing a promotion' and create your own. 2-[B]Plan ahead[/B]. Before you even post a show, write it out and spend some time editing it. This helped me alot with my dynasty, as I could spend some time tweaking it to make it better before posting it. 3-[B]Find a format[/B]. Like above, spend some time experimenting with different lay outs. Look around at other dynasties and take some ideas from them. 4-[B]Start small[/B]. Your roster's in your previous dynasties seem to be pretty bloated. Start out with enough guys to run a show and build up from there. You seem to want to use alot of second/third generation wrestlers, so how about just taking guys like the Hart's, Hennigs, etc. and building a promotion around them? 5-[B]Character.[/B] You should write a character how he acts in real life. I find this hard to do with people I'm unfamiliar with, but if you are really familiar with a guy it's easy. Something I've found that makes writing easy is to put unknown performers in your dynasty. Not alot of people know what some indy wrestler's persona is, so you have some freedom to do what you want. And concentrate on a few guys. Start by only doing promo's for your fed's big stars, and get used to writing for them before you start doing others. 6-And lastly; [B]forgery[/B], or flattery, which ever. I'm not saying just rip off someone elses work entirely, just find a dynasty, or dynasties, you like, and mimic certain aspects. Copy the formating of one, or the roster of another, and start writing. After a few shows, you'll know what works for you and what doesn't, and you can change it and personalize it. Once you're into it and put your own spin on an idea, it'll be unique. Hope this all helps in some way. Like I said, I haven't been on the boards long, but these are some things that have helped me.

My number one suggestion for you would be to make it realistic in some way. Your last couple have been just, BAM, somebody gains control of an old promotion and gets a stacked roster. I would try something that would fit into the current day somehow and doesn't change the landscape of wrestling all in one day.

Don't give us small one-line posts each time something relevant happens in game. Keep your dynasty in a word-processor. Write up the shows and write up the behind the scenes stuff separately, and post all the behind-the-scenes from between one show and the next separately. Post a whole show at a time, not as edits as you go through - it's awkward to keep up with that way. The Paul Heyman method is your friend: Concentrate on what you're good at. Minimise what you're not good at. Monkeypox, Wallbanger, and others can all run multiple behind-the-scenes posts between each show - because they've made the behind-the-scenes stuff a major focus of what they're doing. You don't seem to be doing that, so don't run the multiple posts. In fact, just give us short one-line updates, because your conversation snippets are, uh... difficult to believe. (Basham and Damaja might well try to sign on with promotions as a unit, because they've got tag team notoriety and tag team experience. There's no good reason for them to bring Matt Cross with them. It's unlikely that two people would make the same phone call to a promoter without a similar level of history at minimum - see your Sonny Siaki/Matt Anoai phone call. It just doesn't make sense.) What you are good at - I'll say this clear and open - is NOT writing. It is NOT characterisation. So [i]hide that[/i] - concentrate on the shows, concentrate on the booking, make us interested through that. As far as interviews go... There's no substitute here for watching more than wrestling. Watch well-written TV and listen to the way the characters talk, then try and write the same kind of dialogue. Read fiction and look at the way the writers create dialogue that sounds different from character to character. Make sure you're familiar with the catchphrases wrestlers use if you're going to use those wrestlers - WikiQuote will have a few. It's possible for a lot of the folks here to write dialogue that sounds like the wrestler. It is, clearly, not something you're good at - and only practice at writing is going to change that. Lastly, capital letters aren't used that often in English, and haven't been since the early 1800s.

[QUOTE=Phantom Stranger;346158]Don't give us small one-line posts each time something relevant happens in game. Keep your dynasty in a word-processor. Write up the shows and write up the behind the scenes stuff separately, and post all the behind-the-scenes from between one show and the next separately. Post a whole show at a time, not as edits as you go through - it's awkward to keep up with that way. The Paul Heyman method is your friend: Concentrate on what you're good at. Minimise what you're not good at. Monkeypox, Wallbanger, and others can all run multiple behind-the-scenes posts between each show - because they've made the behind-the-scenes stuff a major focus of what they're doing. You don't seem to be doing that, so don't run the multiple posts. In fact, just give us short one-line updates, because your conversation snippets are, uh... difficult to believe. (Basham and Damaja might well try to sign on with promotions as a unit, because they've got tag team notoriety and tag team experience. There's no good reason for them to bring Matt Cross with them. It's unlikely that two people would make the same phone call to a promoter without a similar level of history at minimum - see your Sonny Siaki/Matt Anoai phone call. It just doesn't make sense.) What you are good at - I'll say this clear and open - is NOT writing. It is NOT characterisation. So [i]hide that[/i] - concentrate on the shows, concentrate on the booking, make us interested through that. As far as interviews go... There's no substitute here for watching more than wrestling. Watch well-written TV and listen to the way the characters talk, then try and write the same kind of dialogue. Read fiction and look at the way the writers create dialogue that sounds different from character to character. Make sure you're familiar with the catchphrases wrestlers use if you're going to use those wrestlers - WikiQuote will have a few. It's possible for a lot of the folks here to write dialogue that sounds like the wrestler. It is, clearly, not something you're good at - and only practice at writing is going to change that. Lastly, capital letters aren't used that often in English, and haven't been since the early 1800s.[/QUOTE] Thank You Again Your Comments Have Helped

[QUOTE=dse81;346146]Alright, here's a few suggestions for a dynasty (either a new one or your AWA one). I haven't been on the boards long, but these are a few things I did to my dynasty (The New NWA (cheap plug)) that I found help me. 1-If you do choose to start a new one, [B]make up your own promotion[/B]. Just avoid the criticism about 'not knowing a promotion' and create your own. 2-[B]Plan ahead[/B]. Before you even post a show, write it out and spend some time editing it. This helped me alot with my dynasty, as I could spend some time tweaking it to make it better before posting it. 3-[B]Find a format[/B]. Like above, spend some time experimenting with different lay outs. Look around at other dynasties and take some ideas from them. 4-[B]Start small[/B]. Your roster's in your previous dynasties seem to be pretty bloated. Start out with enough guys to run a show and build up from there. You seem to want to use alot of second/third generation wrestlers, so how about just taking guys like the Hart's, Hennigs, etc. and building a promotion around them? 5-[B]Character.[/B] You should write a character how he acts in real life. I find this hard to do with people I'm unfamiliar with, but if you are really familiar with a guy it's easy. Something I've found that makes writing easy is to put unknown performers in your dynasty. Not alot of people know what some indy wrestler's persona is, so you have some freedom to do what you want. And concentrate on a few guys. Start by only doing promo's for your fed's big stars, and get used to writing for them before you start doing others. 6-And lastly; [B]forgery[/B], or flattery, which ever. I'm not saying just rip off someone elses work entirely, just find a dynasty, or dynasties, you like, and mimic certain aspects. Copy the formating of one, or the roster of another, and start writing. After a few shows, you'll know what works for you and what doesn't, and you can change it and personalize it. Once you're into it and put your own spin on an idea, it'll be unique. Hope this all helps in some way. Like I said, I haven't been on the boards long, but these are some things that have helped me.[/QUOTE] Again Thank you Very Much you have helped Immensly

[QUOTE=SHaynes23;346148]My number one suggestion for you would be to make it realistic in some way. Your last couple have been just, BAM, somebody gains control of an old promotion and gets a stacked roster. I would try something that would fit into the current day somehow and doesn't change the landscape of wrestling all in one day.[/QUOTE] Thank You you all have helped in some way

God, stop the spamming! No one cares about your ideas, you don't need to talk about your plans for dynasties that are only going to last 3 days, you don't need to go to Wikipedia take some facts about promotion x and y, you need to listen to what people are saying and put that in practice, not make 10 posts thanking people who had enormous patience and helped you, you need to learn English, and stop avoiding the fact that for a 16 year old whose first language is English (which I doubt) can't write a proper dialogue between two people! Listen to people and follow their advices to not make them feel like they wasted time typing tips for a guy that doesn't know English.

Archived