Real World Mod 2008

I have started work on updating Panix's ORC to a current day mod. As any mod maker knows this is going to take bloody ages so please don't plaster the board with posts asking for a release date. I would love all the help I can get so if anyone wants to help out in anyway possible it would be greatly appreciated. As it stands the mod will have the following Promotions: [CENTER][B]USA[/B] All Pro Wrestling CHIKARA Combat Zone Wrestling East Coast Wrestling Association Florida Championship Wrestling Full Impact Pro IWA: Midsouth Jersey All Pro Wrestling Ohio Valley Wrestling Ring of Honor Total Nonstop Action Wrestling World Wrestling Entertainment [B]UK[/B] All Star Wrestling K-Star Wrestling LDN Wrestling Real Quality Wrestling Scottish Wrestling Alliance [B]Canada[/B] Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling [B] Mexico[/B] AAA CMLL [B]Japan[/B] All Japan Pro-Wrestling Big Japan Pro-Wrestling Dragon Gate Pro Wrestling Dramatic Dream Team IWA:Japan Kaientai Dojo Michinoku Pure New Japan Pro Wrestling Osaka Puro Pro Wrestling NOAH Pro-Wrestling Zero-One Max [/CENTER] [B]Europe[/B] Nu Wrestling Evolution These are the promotions that I currently plan on using but I may add more if there is high demand for a particular promotion. All of the other promotions that Panix originally put in and aren't listed will be kept in the database but will not be updated in the first release (mainly as I know Hee-Haw about womens wrestling. Once again any help at all is greatly appreciated. I will keep everyone updated on the progress I make on this board. Currently I have added all promotion information, next I'll be updating worker contracts and adding new workers were needed.

[QUOTE=panix04;351168]Its a brave undertaking good luck mate! Those movesets can be a nightmare! One day a modern day mod will be completed for this game and all will seem right with the world![/QUOTE] Yeah I agree mate. And to be honest it may only take one complete real world mod to get the wrespi community going again. As other historical mods can be quite easily done off a current mod so hopefully we will see a montreal aftermath mod taken on somewhere :p

Good luck with this. I can tell you from first hand experience that it is no easy task. After dealing with those god forsaken movesets for a couple of weeks I dealt with one of the worst cases of burnout I ever felt. If you get it done though you will be a god amongst men. Good luck, and if you need anything at all don't hesistate to send me a PM.

Just a little progress update. All the contracts have now been updated for the UK promotions. I have added all the workers for Scottish Wrestling Alliance and at this very moment I'm tweaking their stats. My next step is to add all the workers for the UK promotions that arent currently in the database. Then I'll add pics that arent there and then the dreaded move sets. If anyone has any sites for moveset info it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I'm doing this the opposite way that I should but I figured starting with the smaller regions and working up to the USA I would get used to doing this and wouldnt burn out as quick.

[QUOTE=Carl1000000;352459]ANyone know where I can get this mod?[/QUOTE] He just started it three days ago, I think it ill be a little while before it's available. Your best bet would be to hunt down the One Ring Circus data from about two years ago or Death of the Territories (which is the best WS2 mod by far).

• 3 weeks later...
Nah still have the American promotions to do. I started with the British so it wasnt too much to do at first and I wouldnt burn myself out quickly. I dont think the American ones should take too long though. I've had a quick look and I think there are only around 30 new workers need to be added opposed to the 72 I needed for the British promotions. Yeah movesets are last. Thats the bit thats going to be the test. I hate doing movesets for my user character never mind a full database :(

My suggestion for the movesets are to make a template for each style of worker with their basic moves that everybody has, stuff like punches, kicks, slams, whatever that style uses. Then just copy that template and then add the worker's personal moves to that, it makes it move much faster.

[QUOTE=SHaynes23;362377]My suggestion for the movesets are to make a template for each style of worker with their basic moves that everybody has, stuff like punches, kicks, slams, whatever that style uses. Then just copy that template and then add the worker's personal moves to that, it makes it move much faster.[/QUOTE] Very good call mate. That thought never even crossed my mind :(

[QUOTE=panix04;362619]Using Shaynes moveset technique is very sensible! Would also make for a very playable mod. Dam I wish I had the time to knock out a real world mod for wrespi2. One day, perhaps when I finish my degree![/QUOTE] I start mine next month through the open university so the more I can get done by then the better.

[QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;362637]I start mine next month through the open university so the more I can get done by then the better.[/QUOTE] I am studying through the OU as well. So if you need any tips, advice, help etc. Just holla. Its a good way of doing things but it really eats away at your social life if your not careful!

[QUOTE=panix04;362642]I am studying through the OU as well. So if you need any tips, advice, help etc. Just holla. Its a good way of doing things but it really eats away at your social life if your not careful![/QUOTE] I wouldnt worry about it mate I dont have much of a social life any more. Marriage + doctors orders of no drink, no spicy food, and under no circumstances what so ever have you to have fun. In the last 2 years I've seen my circle of friends dwindle from around 30+ to 8, and thats only cos they are married to. I tell you, you really find out who your real friends are when you cant come out and buy a round. Cool i'll keep you in mind for tips. My dad has done countless courses with them and is the most educated person I know with 3 degrees under his belt with another due in 2 years.

Archived