Popularity/Ratings/Momentum

OK... so don't make fun but I'm still a newb at this game. 1. I'm guessing momentum goes up by winning several matches in a row...? 2. I just got my first TV contract and ran mys first couple of shows, and all of my ratings have been 0.0. How do I fix that??!?! 3. How do you increase popularity? I keep visiting regions and running shows rated higher than my popularity in that region but am not increasing my popularity.

[QUOTE=lordprimeau25;351045]OK... so don't make fun but I'm still a newb at this game. 1. I'm guessing momentum goes up by winning several matches in a row...?[/QUOTE] It goes up by winning good rated matches so if you have an A* momentum but only win C+ matches there is a chance your momentum will fall. I find that generally the match rating has to be pretty far below to lose momentum. [QUOTE=lordprimeau25;351045]2. I just got my first TV contract and ran mys first couple of shows, and all of my ratings have been 0.0. How do I fix that??!?![/QUOTE] You have to get more popular and/or get on a bigger network. [QUOTE=lordprimeau25;351045]3. How do you increase popularity? I keep visiting regions and running shows rated higher than my popularity in that region but am not increasing my popularity.[/QUOTE] Your shows ahve to be rated at least two rankings higher so if you are C+ in the Tri-State if you get a B- you won't raise your popularity (or you won't get a note saying you did) but if you get B rated show you will.

[QUOTE=lordprimeau25;351045]3. How do you increase popularity? I keep visiting regions and running shows rated higher than my popularity in that region but am not increasing my popularity.[/QUOTE] Apu answered the others. With this one - each individual show will only raise you a small amount (up to 1.4% max in my experience) - therefore you need at least 5 shows to raise a grade (which is 6%) and thats if you are putting on fantastic shows (ie 4/5+ grades above your popularity) - if you are just putting on shows that are 2 grades above then it may well raise you only 0.2 or 0.4% per show - so you may need 15-30 shows to raise a letter grade.

Counterintuitive I feel like I may be in a dead end then. If my popularity will only increase by putting on better shows, but I can only put on better shows by having more popular or skilled workers... it seems like these two cancel one another out. Is there any way to fix this w/o over spending the budget?

Actually it comes down to the fundamentals of booking. To boost one guy's popularity, typically you have to sacrifice someone else's. Find the guy who puts on the best matches overall, and start pushing him on a serious winning streak across opponents he has good matches with, but can "afford" to lose popularity to him. Ideally you'll want to have 2 guys you're doing this with at once so their big match will haul in ratings. The other thing is if you're entertainment based at all, angles can really help raise overness without sacrificing anything (but of course your product has to be geared for it and your workers with good enough entertainment skills).

Archived