You make recognize these from some of my old 07 suggestions from a few months ago, I thought I would re post them now to see what people thought: -There should be a way to set certain match types to occur at certain PPVs other than by a tournament. Like the Royal Rumble winner automatically gets a world title shot at Wrestlemania and the Money in the Bank ladder match. -Or in TNA the King of the Mountain ladder match at Slammiversary with the world title on the line. -I would like to be able to really negotiate a TV deal. Rework hours, timeslots, nights ect. -I'd also like an option to run a special on TV if you are having good enough ratings. Something like a WCW Clash of the Champions, TNA Global Impact and WWE Saturday Night's Main Event...ect. -Also one other thing is that most smaller promotions usually do most of their promoting out of one arena. If I play as like i dunno WWE, ROH or someone, TNA is instantly traveling with Impact, make it a setting in the game where promotions have like a home arena where they do alot of work out of until they decide they have enough money to travel. -Also how about some way to affiliate traning facilities with the promotions? Like the WCW Power Plant would be associated with WCW, WWF would get like DSW/OVW training ect. ECW would have their (House of Hardcore?) -Have it be like parent company associations. You can fund money to hire trainers and upgrade the facilities(such as buy a new ring get a bigger building) for more students and after they have finished their training you can evaluate them and decide whether to offer them a deal or not. -I'd like to be able to do some other things with the talent share, like offering money instead of a wrestler and getting more than 3 appearances out of the guy...Maybe 10+? -I also think if you have a non agression pact with another promotion, you should be able to sign their workers, it might just affect the pact -Run a cross promotion show with a show that maybe you have an agreement with. either non aggression or working agreement. -I'd also like different match ratios for different shows. Like Nitro might be 70% but a show like Saturday Night would probably be 80% or 90%. -Also, a PPV would probably be 90% too. I hate when I book a PPV to be mostly matches and then it does bad because the fans expected more storylines

[QUOTE=DanielW4444;361265] -Also, a PPV would probably be 90% too. I hate when I book a PPV to be mostly matches and then it does bad because the fans expected more storylines[/QUOTE] I agree with you a 100% on that. The company that is known worldwide for its angles more than matches, WWE itself runs its ppvs with over 90% matches.

Isn't that already in it? "Have it be like parent company associations. You can fund money to hire trainers and upgrade the facilities(such as buy a new ring get a bigger building) for more students and after they have finished their training you can evaluate them and decide whether to offer them a deal or not." As I suggested, I fully support this. Training definately needs to be reworked.

[QUOTE=DanielW4444;361265]-I'd also like different match ratios for different shows. Like Nitro might be 70% but a show like Saturday Night would probably be 80% or 90%. -Also, a PPV would probably be 90% too. I hate when I book a PPV to be mostly matches and then it does bad because the fans expected more storylines[/QUOTE] Has anyone ever actually timed the match angle ratio on a WWE PPV. Especially one like Wrestlemania. The thing is that the entrances are like angles during these time. Instead of your standard 2 minute entrance you get like a 5 minute extravaganza. Look at the John Cena and Triple H entrances from the Holywood wrestlemania which were almost 10 minutes a piece. Actually time the amount of time used in all the recap videos that play through out and then the actual angles used for the show. I'd bet that the match angle ratio is a lot closer to their TV match ratio then you actually think. My belief is that it is your preference to run the WWE PPVs as 90% match ratio shows but that the actual WWE does are not much difference than their TV which is represented already in the give or take 10% or the match value.

NOt EVERY wrestler gets those entrances. In fact very few do. Most get their regular entrance. Also the video recap is a minute or two tops. There is no twenty minute opening promo, there are no five minute skits. Its usually video package, match, small skit, rinse, repeat. AND entrances are added on in the game. When you book a match it tells you your adding so and so time for entrances. Your thinking too much about the main event entrances and such. Calrito or Bob Holly's entrance for Mania is the same as any other year. Their skits are MUCH shorter, maybe a one or two minute quick promo to get the fans amped up for the match, every once in a while a skit here and there if their trying to hype something through the night. Ala a mystery opponent or a royal rumble pick, or something of that nature. Its still easy 75% matches on ppv. I've said this for a while that ppv's are impossible to book with any realism due to having to have so many promo's and skits. It almost kills my will to book ppv's.

Maybe you're right but I don't think so. I'll go home and do Royal Rumble tonight and see how much is angles. Any entrance that goes more than the two minutes I'm going to count the remaining time as an angle (and remember it's two minutes total entrance time not two minutes a piece) and we'll see. Like I said I could be wrong but I doubt it.

[QUOTE=DanielW4444;366378]What Im saying though, is for an 80% match ratio, I can still do 2-3 hype videos a few promos hyping matches, and a post match angle or two, and I still do bad for the show[/QUOTE] So for a three hour show with an 80% ratio you need between 54 and 18 minutes. Opening Vignette of show with announcers hyping all matches for the show (30 seconds for 8 matches) 4 minutes. Worker for main event arriving at show 2 minutes Vince McMahon talks in his office 3 minutes hype for 1st match 2 minutes 1st match hype for second match 2 minutes second match Other main event wrestler (who didn't walk in at beginning) hypes his match) 5 minutes hype for 3rd match 2 minutes 3rd match vignette between two workers in the secondary main event 4 minutes (Staredown, beatdown, trash talking ect.) video package for of events leading up to main event 4 minutes hype 4th match 2 minutes 4th match Worker who walked in hypes main event 6 minutes hype 5th match 2 minutes 5th match Backstage antics with 6th match face worker 3 minutes hype 6th match 2 minutes 6th match other worker for secondary main event seen walking to ring 1 minute long hype for build up to secondary main event 5 minutes 7th match (secondary Main Event) Another hype by announcers for main event 3 minutes vince McMahon comes out and talks about why he thinks this is a great main event. He gets interrupt by the face of the day who verbal abuses Vince and then runs him off and does his own hype only to be interrupted a few minutes later by heels entrance. 10 minutes (yes it's last this long and longer) Main Event After main event beat down 3 minutes oops I went over that 58 minutes but that pretty much a WWE pay per view for you right there and that's without the grand entrances that take more than two minutes (Ala Undertaker). Now I don't run any feds that have less than a 90% match ratio but it seems pretty easy to fill up the minimum required 18 minutes on a 3 hour show with an 80% match ratio. Actually I over went it and filled up near the maximum you can do on a 60% match ratio so I still don't see the problem.

^^^ All you did there is prove that it's possible to book a PPV with over 20% angles. The point is, many of the segments there are appropriate length on a TV show, where WWE tries to get people to buy the PPV. On the PPV itself, the fans pay for the matches. Promos, if there are any, will be very short. Hype videos don't air for every match. The whole 10 minute segment might appear on RAW, but not on a PPV. By the time of the PPV, they don't need angles. Either a person has bought the show or they haven't. Angles on the PPV won't change anything. Honestly, what is the point of using up 40% of your PPV time on angles when you could have done them on the previous TV show to try to sell the PPV, or you could do them on the next TV show to sell the next PPV?

I agree that it is possible to realisticly fill the angle quota for eg a WWE ppv, but I still think it would be nice to be able to set a different ratio for different shows. Daniel, if you're still having trouble you could try and fill up the dark time with promo's maybe, and balance it out that way? I would also very much like to see the ability to renegotiate tv deals, and also to be able to have one off specials.

I know personally Id like to be able to up the match ratio on PPV's a bit, even though when I run smaller feds on my own that typically isnt a problem as I run 80 or 90% match ratio's anyway. As for the TV Specials, I think itd be nice if when you negotiated the contracts for TV shows, you could ask for specials, and then each month maybe the network would ask you if you wanted to run specials that month, and you could select the dates then if you still had allowed specials in your contract.

So I got through the first 1hr and 15 minutes of the royal rumble last night and I came up with 32 minutes of angles (interviews, hypes, vignettes) for that time space. Even if you take out the two extended entrances (Rick Flair's hype was an extra minute in his entrance and Edge's group was an extra two minutes) it's still 29 minutes of angles for 1 hour and 15 minutes which is 38% angles so you could do a 60% or 70% match ratio and still keep the realism of how WWE books. Just as some examples Kiss Cam and the Maria, Ashley, Santino segment was 8 minutes alone The Rey vs Edge hype video was 3 minutes The JBL vs Jericho was 2 minutes Kennedy, Flair, HBK, HHH and Batista was 4 minutes Vince, Horswoggle and Finlay was 3 minutes and contrary to your statement except for the first match the other two both had Hype videos for them and I'd presume so do all the other matches in the show. My bet is that the Royal Rumble will more then meet the 54 minute mark which is the maximum time for a 80% match ratio fed, that you were suggesting WWE was.

The one thing that consistanly bothers me about TEW is the TV negotiations. I run excellent ratings with Nitro on TNT all the time... but if I try to make Thunder on TNT... they won't give me anything but an 11pm timeslot. It makes no sense to me.

No problem I think I still have RAW TiVo'd I can do it over the weekend but I bet you that WWE TV and WWE PPVs are well with 10% either way buffer given by the game. So the PPV is 38% that means the highest the ratio 70% and the lowest the ratio can be is 60% so with a 60% ratio that means the lowest percentage you can get away with is 50% and I'm pretty sure WWE TV is not more than 50% angles, close but not over. So with a 60% match ratio on a two hour show you can have a maximum of 1 hour of angles (seems very WWE to me) and for a 3 hour PPV you can have a minimum of 54 minutes of angles, which according to the calculations made so far a PPV will exceed. My assumption is that watching it things seem longer or shorter than you think they are. When you get sucked into a good match it seems like it lasts because you want to think it does, but you dismiss the angles so unless they're really memorable they seem negligible. But It seems to be the 10% either way more than accurately reflects what happens in real life.

[QUOTE=Day_Dreamer;366767]I have a gut feeling that Raw's angles will last more than 50%. But it doesn't maybe you do have a point, maybe the PPV's do have the same match-angle ratio as TV. What has the world come to?[/QUOTE] It's not the same I mean far from. What I'm saying is that the difference between the TV and PPV match ratios fits within the given leeway. So your TV show will be 50% angles and your PPV will be only 30% angles (Assuming you set your ratio to 60% matches). Let's just say your PPV and your TV are the same length 2 hours that means your TV will be 1hr of angles and the PPV would only have 36 minutes of angles, so as you can see there is a big difference but it's taken into account. Maybe if I can find a 3 hour raw somewhere I can do an equal equation with Royal Rumble.

Maybe the leeway for PPV should just increase or something, to 15 or 20%. That way, if you have your ration set to 60% matches, then you could fill it up with 80% matches and not worry, but if you tried to have no angles at all that wouldn't work (whick I think reflects real life WWE). I mean, I believe the current note that the game gives you if you go over on matches is "The fans came to see more entertainment", or something similar. I think that while people come to see the angles on a TV show (especially because a good portion of big matches scheduled for TV never actually happen due to some angle), they come to a PPV for the matches (it's rare for a PPV match not to happen, unless there's a legitimate reason like injury).

[QUOTE=DanielW4444;368340]New Idea -book arena's in advance. Mainly because when I'm in an area, I hate wondering if I booked that arena 2-3 weeks ago or a month ago[/QUOTE] That has been suggested several times and shot down for a number of reasons, none of which I can be bothered typing now. Gameplay reasons.

[QUOTE=Ransik;366721]The one thing that consistanly bothers me about TEW is the TV negotiations. I run excellent ratings with Nitro on TNT all the time... but if I try to make Thunder on TNT... they won't give me anything but an 11pm timeslot. It makes no sense to me.[/QUOTE] that boils down to your product settings.

Archived