How to make a GOOD scenario?

I've noticed most scenarios don't sim well at all, mostly because there are elements that don't work in TEW (promotion popularity, amount of tv contracts). So my question is, what all needs to be taken into account when making a reality-based scenario for TEW so that it would flow as well as the C-Verse?

A good understanding of the way TEW plays is an essential. If you don't know roughly how the game plays itself, making a scenario will be almost certain to fail. Planning and stats. Before you do anything, know what you want to achieve and have notes on how you plan to do it. Likewise, know in advance who the biggest names are (in terms of popularity and skill) and do them first. Once you know who your best people are, you should NEVER be making other people with comparable stats. Also, add the promotions you are going to make in the game about now. You should know how big you are going to make them and be working out who should be on their roster, approximately by card position. Work on promotions one at a time. My preference is to start with the biggest in one area and then do the rest of that area (if possible). In my Cornellverse 1997 mod, I started with BHOTWG and then worked through all of Japan... then NOTBPW and CGC in Canada.... then the SWF and HGC in the US... then all of Mexico... and then finally, the rest of the USA, mostly the East Coast Wars. I needed to juggle things a lot in the US due to their lack of workers... but it worked. Also, take notes as you go. For example, some of my SWF notes (without formatting) :) [QUOTE]SWF International sized, based in New England USA Owner: Richard Eisen Booker: Sam Keith World Champ: Sam Keith North American: Nemesis. World Tag: Lords of War MAIN: Faith (94), Bruce (91), Sam Keith (90), McFly (88), Nemesis (88), Rory McCallum (78) Sid Streets (76), Mr. Supreme (Dennis Butler) (76) UPPER: Jim Force (73), Alex Pierce (71), BHB (70), Agony (65), Pain (65), Masked Patriot (64), Cheatin’ Mike Barstow (64), Rushmore (62), No Way Jose (61), MID: Everest (59), Adonis (59), Gene Curtis (56, Enygma), Flare (55), Roberts (54), Bubbles the Clown (53), Seth Storm (52), Stuart Storm (52), Rick Horn (49), Outbacker Harris (49), Outbacker Rolf (46), Cornell (44), Sebastian Krause (43), LOWER: Mario Heroic (39), The Magnificent Mark (39), Captain USA (39), WrestleBot 9000 (37), Masked Mauler (29), Ethan Philips (29), Reece Clark (25), OPENER: Leo Davis (23), Sean Self (20), Dirty Frank (20), Barry Kingman (17), Colin Kennedy (17), Danny Bruce (9) SEMI-ACTIVE: TEAM: Lords of War (max) TEAM: Cornell & Roberts (none) TEAM: The Outbackers (good) TEAM: Mr Supreme & Adonis (Team Perfection) (low) TEAM: Ethan Philips & Reece Clark (Futureshock) (low) TEAM: The Patriots (Masked & captain) (low) TEAM: The Perfect Storm (Seth & Stuart) (Max) TEAM: Pierce & Barstow (medium) STABLE: REFEREES: Darren Smith, Jez McArthuer, Ric Young ANNOUNCERS: Peter Michaels, Jerry Eisen (perhaps ref) COLOURS: Danny Jillefski, ROADIES: Chief Two Eagles, Jackson Andrews, Micky Starr, MANAGERS: Louis Williams, Major WG Reginald III, Beautiful Babette, Jean-Luc LeMans OTHERS: Richard Eisen (85, authority/semi-wrestler) TV: SWF Supreme TV (2 hr on Tues at 9) – American Sports 1: LIVE (2 hr on Fri at 10) – UK Broadcasting Secondary PPV: North America Prime Select (exclusive) Ideal Roster, 3 Over [/QUOTE] It was clearer in my Word file. :) The numbers in brackets were the overness across the region (in this case, the USA) for each worker, since that is the main factor in deciding a worker's push. I also had a file for all the Future Workers organised by debut date. Each month looked kinda like this. [u]Debut Date[/u] Hiro Nakamura (USA/Jap) Peter Petrelli (USA/Can/UK/Eur) Basically... good planning and organisation are essential to a good mod. If you can tell at one glance who is who, what is what and understand how the game works, you should be able to make a playable mod. Mine is a pretty tough one to play because I made the stats pretty low overall... but it's still fun. A challenge for those who enjoy such things. :)

i think where most real world mods fail is the stat department. High grades are handed out too often. like is HHH really a B+ Brawler with B- in chain wrestling? I think the main reason C-Verse is so balanced is that their are so few workers that can just flat out own the ring.

The best advice I can give is simply: Look at the Cornellverse. Do what it does. The Cornellverse is pretty much the pinnacle of what a balanced scenario looks like. After all, it was created by the creator of the game, and has been worked on since 2004, it damn well should be balanced :p So my advice would be to compare anyone you create with a sensible Cornellverse equivalent. For example, SWF are roughly equivalent in size to WWE, so WWE in your mod should have an equivalent popularity to the SWF. The most over active wrestler in America in the CV is Sean McFly with A's all over. So the most over WWE main eventers should be around the A to B+ mark. Also, don't be tempted to 'skew' things where popularity is concerned. Rate them by card position, not necessarily crowd reaction. Great Khali may not be deemed more over than, say, CM Punk (I haven't watched WWE since WM20, I have no idea, purely an example), but Khali is a main eventer, so make sure he has enough overness for TEW to see him as one. Basically, you need to skimp on realism for playability. Go overboard in playability's favour if necessary. CM Punk might be an amazing wrestler, but he doesn't constantly pull A*'s out of his arse, so he shouldn't have stats that you know will constantly produce them. Again, compare. Strong-style influenced indy darling? Sounds like Frankie Perez. Have a look at Frankie's stats and adjust them to fit Punk. Basically just remember that the Cornellverse works. Fact. So use it as a guideline. I'm not saying everyone or every fed has an equivalent in the real world, just that it's a very good base. Oh, and test things a lot. When you've got fed working, test it for a year or so (use an autoclicker if necessary), and see whether every TV show gets dropped within a year or every main event ends up an A* match (or, conversely, really poor and the fed plummets). On the subject of TV, don't fall into the trap that a lot of people do and assume that 'Enourmous' means 'the biggest TV network in the world'. In the Cornellverse, there are [B]no[/B] Enourmous networks, and America's two biggest promotions are 'only' on 'Very Big' ones. That's two levels below biggest. USPW, a regional company, are on a 'Small' network and usually get dropped from that.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;361659]The best advice I can give is simply: Look at the Cornellverse. Do what it does. The Cornellverse is pretty much the pinnacle of what a balanced scenario looks like. After all, it was created by the creator of the game, and has been worked on since 2004, it damn well should be balanced :p So my advice would be to compare anyone you create with a sensible Cornellverse equivalent. For example, SWF are roughly equivalent in size to WWE, so WWE in your mod should have an equivalent popularity to the SWF. The most over active wrestler in America in the CV is Sean McFly with A's all over. So the most over WWE main eventers should be around the A to B+ mark. Also, don't be tempted to 'skew' things where popularity is concerned. Rate them by card position, not necessarily crowd reaction. Great Khali may not be deemed more over than, say, CM Punk (I haven't watched WWE since WM20, I have no idea, purely an example), but Khali is a main eventer, so make sure he has enough overness for TEW to see him as one. Basically, you need to skimp on realism for playability. Go overboard in playability's favour if necessary. CM Punk might be an amazing wrestler, but he doesn't constantly pull A*'s out of his arse, so he shouldn't have stats that you know will constantly produce them. Again, compare. Strong-style influenced indy darling? Sounds like Frankie Perez. Have a look at Frankie's stats and adjust them to fit Punk. Basically just remember that the Cornellverse works. Fact. So use it as a guideline. I'm not saying everyone or every fed has an equivalent in the real world, just that it's a very good base. Oh, and test things a lot. When you've got fed working, test it for a year or so (use an autoclicker if necessary), and see whether every TV show gets dropped within a year or every main event ends up an A* match (or, conversely, really poor and the fed plummets). On the subject of TV, don't fall into the trap that a lot of people do and assume that 'Enourmous' means 'the biggest TV network in the world'. In the Cornellverse, there are [B]no[/B] Enourmous networks, and America's two biggest promotions are 'only' on 'Very Big' ones. That's two levels below biggest. USPW, a regional company, are on a 'Small' network and usually get dropped from that.[/QUOTE] What you said is exactly what I took in to consideration when I got started with the HelmsleyVerse, you should go check it out and see if you agree with what I have said in there because I could really use some feedback from somebody who knows the game as well as you do.

[QUOTE=misfit103;361629]Yeah I should be more specific. I have no problem with how to make the data, it's how TEW plays as opposed to how the real world works. What internal factors affect how the scenario can sim differently? IE: The max TV deals.[/QUOTE] The TV deals are a major problem for trying to model the WWE, they simply have too many for the game to be able to handle it "realistically". So as D-Lyrium says... sacrifice some realism for some playability. For WWE, I'd make one generic network that covers the world and put their shows on it. That should ensure they always keep their global TV coverage without fear of the show being dropped in the US and causing them to only show RAW in Japan, for example. I would say that every other network should be included only within their home countries, which should keep things working smoothly. I don't know much about TNA's TV deals, but keeping them limited to the US (and Canada?) with Spike TV would probably be best. I know they air on satellite TV in the UK, but for TEW purposes, I don't really think that needs to be included. Likewise... we don't need EVERY channel in the world to be listed in the game. If wrestling has little to no chance of ever being shown on it, then don't include it. For default data... medium sized networks will drop any promotion who aren't at least cult size. Big sized networks will drop anyone who isn't at least National. Below medium will (I think) pick up promotions at regional but that depends on the network. So size the networks accordingly with the default TV deals and you should have a stable base for the game's TV shows which should give the game good balance. I don't know how I'd organise ROH. Definitely would have to leave that for others to work out. :) I've always wanted a real world mod to play but I've never quite been able to get into them somehow. And I've always wanted to create my own but I certainly don't have the time to do that.... although I did start making one for fun a while back. Never even got near finishing WWE before I lost interest in it. :)

If someone could make a list of all C-Verse feds like Derek does and post it here, it'd be a great help on customising pop so promotions like the E don't fail. Also, like D says, even though the workers are in fact really great. The way they are used determines their stats. CM Punk may be excellent when in ROH, but gets held back in the E because of mainstream policy (being you can't overbook every match in a national promotion, especially those of midcarders). But the game fails in having a 'true' statistic (which is the maximum you can draw from the wrestler) and a 'used' statistic (the actual input into the promotion) to describe the talent. So either you change it in-game, or you just take the 'true' one and trust that the product won't look at wrestling skills anyhow, like in WWE. Performance skills however will stay the same regardless (someone can't just 'sell' less on purpose, no one benefits from that, the E nor the wrestler so it'll always be true nontheless).

[QUOTE=derek_b;361611]A good understanding of the way TEW plays is an essential. If you don't know roughly how the game plays itself, making a scenario will be almost certain to fail. Planning and stats. Before you do anything, know what you want to achieve and have notes on how you plan to do it. Likewise, know in advance who the biggest names are (in terms of popularity and skill) and do them first. Once you know who your best people are, you should NEVER be making other people with comparable stats. Also, add the promotions you are going to make in the game about now. You should know how big you are going to make them and be working out who should be on their roster, approximately by card position. Work on promotions one at a time. My preference is to start with the biggest in one area and then do the rest of that area (if possible). In my Cornellverse 1997 mod, I started with BHOTWG and then worked through all of Japan... then NOTBPW and CGC in Canada.... then the SWF and HGC in the US... then all of Mexico... and then finally, the rest of the USA, mostly the East Coast Wars. I needed to juggle things a lot in the US due to their lack of workers... but it worked. Also, take notes as you go. For example, some of my SWF notes (without formatting) :) It was clearer in my Word file. :) The numbers in brackets were the overness across the region (in this case, the USA) for each worker, since that is the main factor in deciding a worker's push. I also had a file for all the Future Workers organised by debut date. Each month looked kinda like this. [u]Debut Date[/u] Hiro Nakamura (USA/Jap) Peter Petrelli (USA/Can/UK/Eur) Basically... good planning and organisation are essential to a good mod. If you can tell at one glance who is who, what is what and understand how the game works, you should be able to make a playable mod. Mine is a pretty tough one to play because I made the stats pretty low overall... but it's still fun. A challenge for those who enjoy such things. :)[/QUOTE] Is the download on Bob Inc the most updated version of this mod? If not, where can I snag it at again?

Archived