Secrets of the Ring Volume Two: Peter Michaels and SWF 2011

[b]Sean McFly[/b] vs. Joey Minnesota – World Title Match - Umm...yeah. This should be fairly obvious. [b]DWB[/b] vs. Can-Am Blondes/Frederique – Handicap Title Shot Match - DWB somehow pull it off. [b]Joe Sexy[/b] vs. Shooter Sean Deeley - Quasi-squash [b]Powell/Grayson[/b] vs. Silver Shark/Teddy P - Slight advantage to these guys. Acid vs. [b]Mainstream Hernandez[/b] - Mainstream.com won't go offline yet As a side note, sorry about not getting back to you. Bad timing.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]Sean McFly[/B] vs. Joey Minnesota – World Title Match [I]Yeah... I suppose Minnesota might win via shenanigans, but the title stays where it is. Even I, a huge Joey mark, wouldn't argue for a switch here.[/I] [B]DWB[/B] vs. Can-Am Blondes/Frederique – Handicap Title Shot Match [I]You may be going for misleading, but you have plans to decide the no. 1 contender if the Blondes lose, so they will :p[/I] Joe Sexy vs. [B]Shooter Sean Deeley[/B] [I]Deeley's great, so I hope for a win for him[/I] Powell/Grayson vs. [B]Silver Shark/Teddy P[/B] [I]Flip a coin...[/I] [B]Acid[/B] vs. Mainstream Hernandez [I]COTGD could do with a win here, and Mainstream hasn't been presented as much of a threat - yet[/I]

-Quick Picks- [B]Sean McFly[/B] vs. Joey Minnesota – World Title Match [I]Minnesota will do his best to try and 'hurt' McFly but I don't see a loss for the champ here. [/I] [B]DWB[/B] vs. Can-Am Blondes/Frederique – Handicap Title Shot Match [I]Have to agree with Casey's assessment on this one.[/I] [B]Joe Sexy[/B] vs. Shooter Sean Deeley [I]Sexy is a bit more established, though this is a match Deeley is capable of winning if he wants to start climbing the ranks.[/I] [B]Powell/Grayson[/B] vs. Silver Shark/Teddy P [I]Despite being a hapless pairing they are a little more established[/I] [B]Acid[/B] vs. Mainstream Hernandez [I]I see the Cult member edging this one.[/I]

Sean McFly vs. Joey Minnesota – World Title Match Draw! Minnesota mark eh. DWB vs. [B]Can-Am Blondes/Frederique[/B] – Handicap Title Shot Match Go Can Ams! Joe Sexy vs. [B]Shooter Sean Deeley[/B] Sexy starts his midcard jobbing [B]Powell/Grayson[/B] vs. Silver Shark/Teddy P more established team [B]Acid[/B] vs. Mainstream Hernandez COTGD need momentum and Mainstream aint that over yet

-Quick Picks- [B]Sean McFly[/B] vs. Joey Minnesota – World Title Match Duh. Good to see a fighting champ. Minnesota just doesn't have the "x" factor to ever really threaten in an entertainment fed. DWB vs. [B]Can-Am Blondes/Frederique[/B] – Handicap Title Shot Match DWB need to work with somebody now that they've decimated the tag division. [B]Joe Sexy[/B] vs. Shooter Sean Deeley Shooter Who? I think it's funny that people are actually calling a guy who has appeared in one match and got squashed to beat an established star like Sexy. This isn't NOTBPW. [B]Powell/Grayson[/B] vs. Silver Shark/Teddy P They've been jobbers longer, I guess. [B]Acid[/B] vs. Mainstream Hernandez I like Mainstream, but he doesn't often appear on the main show, so I don't expect him to go over here.

Breaking News [CENTER] Photobucket [/CENTER] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]-SWF.com Exclusive-[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [CENTER]Photobucket[/CENTER] [I]Shawn Doakes is on the set of the SWF Internet Show, wearing a headset as various staffers go about their video editing and promo package making behind him. SD: “This was recorded this past week, just as Supreme TV went off of the air. It is an SWF internet exclusive, fans.” [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] When the clip plays, it is obviously the live footage of Jacob Jett from the backstage area that played on the Jumbotron during last week’s main event, sidetracking the entire COTGD and thwarting their attack on Remmy Skye. With the show’s closing theme playing faintly in the background, Jett hisses and snarls against his chains, his muscles straining against the steel. Then, suddenly and without warning, Jett stops fighting his restraints and calmly begins dropping the chains to the floor, stepping off of the handcart as though he could have at any time. The shot pulls back and Remmy Skye and his ally walk into the frame fresh from their in ring skirmish with the Cult. All three look dead into the camera as they stand, side-by-side; unified. RS: “I’m sure that you’d like some answers, Sammy Bach, but the answers to what questions?” He smiles, his eyes as black as Jett’s whose gaze is unwavering. RS: “Am I a vampire, as you imagined I would be? Who is this man of faith with me? Why is Jacob Jett, the man who tore his fangs into my very flesh and drew my blood, standing next to me now?” Skye pulls on a long black overcoat; it matches the one Jett pulls on at almost the same time. RS: “For the answers, I will defer to my new guide, Father Pablo Rodriguez.” The shot shifts to Rodriguez as he begins to talk, calmly going through a leather bag, looking for something. PR: “My background is of little consequence; what’s important is what I have sworn to do to the forces of evil in the name of my Lord. I am not your typical man of the cloth, and my areas of expertise are quite varied.” He pulls two loaded syringes from the bag and quickly pops one into Jett’s arm before turning and plunging the other into Remmy’s arm on the other side. PR: “Besides….” Both men sigh and seem to relax a bit as Pablo smiles. PR: “…..I have the medicine for a disease most people don’t believe exists. Not a cure; more like a treatment.” Jett flashes his fangs for a moment, still as dangerous looking as ever, but pulls them back quickly as though he is just remembering he can. JJ: “Sammy Bach, you gave me this disease; you and your witch tainted my blood with some dark poison, some black magic, so I would fill out your ranks; so I would join your family.” He rubs the injection spot on his arm, wincing a little bit. JJ: “But now…” Fangs again. JJ: “….I’m better. And I know who my friends are; (points to Skye and Rodriguez) these two men here. And I know what our purpose is.” Remmy comes back to the center, rubbing his arm a bit as well. RS: “We are still what you made us, but now, we are different. It’s the best of both worlds too; all of the benefits, none of the drawbacks. I’m actually enjoying it.” His smile goes away. RS: “Your cult is capable of unspeakable evil and that is the only reason that I came back to the SWF, to rid this place of your foulness, once and for all.” Skye opens his mouth and shows his fangs for the first time, tonguing the point of one of them. RS: “And even though we have these, doesn’t mean that we have to wait until night to go about our business. Not any more, thanks to Father Rodriguez.” He puts his arms out in a crucifix type pose with both Rodriguez and Jett bowing their heads on either side of him. RS: “Father, lead us in prayer.” Rodriguez starts mumbling something in Spanish with all three men lowering their eyes, and when he finishes, Remmy is the only one who looks up. RS: “We are what evil fears most; the truth. We are a group unlike any ever assembled; a nightmare for the nightmares. We are The Lightseekers.” As they walk off, Doakes touches his earpiece and looks off camera as though he is hearing something of dire importance. SD: “Fans, I’m just receiving word that GM Big Smack Scott has added a match to the already stacked Supreme TV card this week, pitting Jacob Jett against the leader of the Cult of the Grey Dragon, Sammy Bach, in what is sure to be a high impact encounter. Don’t miss the highest rated show on cable television, live, this Tuesday night.” Hypothetical Grade: B- [/I] [CENTER]Photobucket [B]Copyright Supreme Sports 2011[/B][/CENTER] [B][CENTER]The Past, Present, and Future of Professional Wrestling[/CENTER][/B]

[B]Sean McFly[/B] vs. Joey Minnesota – World Title Match [B]DWB[/B] vs. Can-Am Blondes/Frederique – Handicap Title Shot Match [B]Joe Sexy[/B] vs. Shooter Sean Deeley [B]Powell/Grayson[/B] vs. Silver Shark/Teddy P [B]Acid[/B] vs. Mainstream Hernandez

[B]Sean McFly[/B] vs. Joey Minnesota – World Title Match [B]DWB[/B] vs. Can-Am Blondes/Frederique – Handicap Title Shot Match [B]Joe Sexy[/B] vs. Shooter Sean Deeley [B]Powell/Grayson[/B] vs. Silver Shark/Teddy P Acid vs. [B]Mainstream Hernandez[/B] Really enjoyed reading all of this!!!

[QUOTE=NoNeck;576478][CENTER] Photobucket [/CENTER] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]-SWF.com Exclusive-[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [CENTER]Photobucket[/CENTER] [I]Shawn Doakes is on the set of the SWF Internet Show, wearing a headset as various staffers go about their video editing and promo package making behind him. SD: “This was recorded this past week, just as Supreme TV went off of the air. It is an SWF internet exclusive, fans.” [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] When the clip plays, it is obviously the live footage of Jacob Jett from the backstage area that played on the Jumbotron during last week’s main event, sidetracking the entire COTGD and thwarting their attack on Remmy Skye. With the show’s closing theme playing faintly in the background, Jett hisses and snarls against his chains, his muscles straining against the steel. Then, suddenly and without warning, Jett stops fighting his restraints and calmly begins dropping the chains to the floor, stepping off of the handcart as though he could have at any time. The shot pulls back and Remmy Skye and his ally walk into the frame fresh from their in ring skirmish with the Cult. All three look dead into the camera as they stand, side-by-side; unified. RS: “I’m sure that you’d like some answers, Sammy Bach, but the answers to what questions?” He smiles, his eyes as black as Jett’s whose gaze is unwavering. RS: “Am I a vampire, as you imagined I would be? Who is this man of faith with me? Why is Jacob Jett, the man who tore his fangs into my very flesh and drew my blood, standing next to me now?” Skye pulls on a long black overcoat; it matches the one Jett pulls on at almost the same time. RS: “For the answers, I will defer to my new guide, Father Pablo Rodriguez.” The shot shifts to Rodriguez as he begins to talk, calmly going through a leather bag, looking for something. PR: “My background is of little consequence; what’s important is what I have sworn to do to the forces of evil in the name of my Lord. I am not your typical man of the cloth, and my areas of expertise are quite varied.” He pulls two loaded syringes from the bag and quickly pops one into Jett’s arm before turning and plunging the other into Remmy’s arm on the other side. PR: “Besides….” Both men sigh and seem to relax a bit as Pablo smiles. PR: “…..I have the medicine for a disease most people don’t believe exists. Not a cure; more like a treatment.” Jett flashes his fangs for a moment, still as dangerous looking as ever, but pulls them back quickly as though he is just remembering he can. JJ: “Sammy Bach, you gave me this disease; you and your witch tainted my blood with some dark poison, some black magic, so I would fill out your ranks; so I would join your family.” He rubs the injection spot on his arm, wincing a little bit. JJ: “But now…” Fangs again. JJ: “….I’m better. And I know who my friends are; (points to Skye and Rodriguez) these two men here. And I know what our purpose is.” Remmy comes back to the center, rubbing his arm a bit as well. RS: “We are still what you made us, but now, we are different. It’s the best of both worlds too; all of the benefits, none of the drawbacks. I’m actually enjoying it.” His smile goes away. RS: “Your cult is capable of unspeakable evil and that is the only reason that I came back to the SWF, to rid this place of your foulness, once and for all.” Skye opens his mouth and shows his fangs for the first time, tonguing the point of one of them. RS: “And even though we have these, doesn’t mean that we have to wait until night to go about our business. Not any more, thanks to Father Rodriguez.” He puts his arms out in a crucifix type pose with both Rodriguez and Jett bowing their heads on either side of him. RS: “Father, lead us in prayer.” Rodriguez starts mumbling something in Spanish with all three men lowering their eyes, and when he finishes, Remmy is the only one who looks up. RS: “We are what evil fears most; the truth. We are a group unlike any ever assembled; a nightmare for the nightmares. We are The Lightseekers.” As they walk off, Doakes touches his earpiece and looks off camera as though he is hearing something of dire importance. SD: “Fans, I’m just receiving word that GM Big Smack Scott has added a match to the already stacked Supreme TV card this week, pitting Jacob Jett against the leader of the Cult of the Grey Dragon, Sammy Bach, in what is sure to be a high impact encounter. Don’t miss the highest rated show on cable television, live, this Tuesday night.” Hypothetical Grade: B- [/I] [CENTER]Photobucket [B]Copyright Supreme Sports 2011[/B][/CENTER] [B][CENTER]The Past, Present, and Future of Professional Wrestling[/CENTER][/B][/QUOTE] That was fantastic!!!

Show 42 "Worse for Wear" [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]-Show Forty-Two-[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [CENTER]Photobucket[/CENTER] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"] “Worse for Wear”[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [B][CENTER] (Internet Pre-Show)[/CENTER][/B] [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Ryan Powell/Stevie Grayson vs. Teddy Powell/Silver Shark[/CENTER][/B] [B][I]Result: Ryan Powell/Stevie Grayson win via pinfall @ 4:49[/I][/B] [I]Peter’s Notes: We need to start making Powell and Grayson look somewhat dangerous as we get set to transition them to the lower part of the main show, so we took five minutes of internet time to prop them up a bit. In the process, however, we find that two of the short term pickups have good chemistry as a tag team, which may lead to them actually getting signed to development deals and sent to SCCW to get some work in. Maybe not; we’ll see. Here, Silver Shark and Teddy P. do a serviceable job making our young tag team look good by playing to their strengths and keeping the match’s pace as fast as possible. The finish comes while Silver Shark feigns a bite on Stevie Grayson in his corner, Ryan Powell reverses Teddy P’s tilt-a-whirl backbreaker attempt into a tombstone piledriver and springs to the top rope, coming down with a picture perfect senton bomb, getting all of it and making the cover. There is only a few seconds of celebration from Grayson and Powell before John Greed, who had joined Silver and Doakes on the broadcast, throws his headset aside and begins jawing with the two hip-hoppers from the floor. While they don’t come to blows this time, there is some interesting tension now; a nice little feud is developing between them. Grade: (match) C- (post) B-[/I] [CENTER] Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] Sara Silver is backstage waiting for Mexico’s Most Wanted to arrive and when they do, they make a beeline for the night’s run sheet. And when hey find that they aren’t scheduled for any action at all, they flip out, curing in Spanish and really raising some hell. Silver waits until they are about to riot before stepping in and shoving a microphone in Antonio Maxi Marquez’s face. AMM stops spewing anger and puts up his hand, ordering Gino and Fuerza to do the same. Without warning Marquez reaches into his khaki knapsack and roots around a bit, pulling out a small gold statue, thrusting it only inches from Silver’s face. AMM: “Do you know what this is?” Sara shakes her head. AMM: “It’s a Mexican Emmy.” She can’t believe it. SS: “Really? It’s a lot...smaller than I would’ve expected.” The three men just stare at her before Marquez motions for the cameraman to cut in close on him. AMM: “I’m the most recognized face in one of the biggest markets in North America. (Points to Fuerza and Gino) These are the most recognized faces in one of the biggest markets in North America! It’s called Mexico! Ever heard of it?” He snorts and rolls his eyes. AMM: “How is it that we won the nine man elimination match at “Welcome to the Jungle and yet, The Can-Am Blondes just stepped in front of us for the next shot at the Dirty White Boyz’ World Tag Team titles?” Gino hoots and shakes his head at Sara. GM: “I guess we’re just lucky they haven’t thrown us onto some riding mowers and saddled us with gardener gimmicks, you know what I mean vato?” [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] Big Smack Scott walks up with Abby and offers either Gino or Fuerza an opportunity to get into the ring; offering one of them a match. Gino points to the bandage on his head, his memento from the PPV, and slaps his large compadre on the back. GM: “On the internet show? This one’s all you, vato.” Grade: B [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Thom Barrowman vs. Fuerza[/CENTER][/B] [B][I]Result: Fuerza wins via @ 4:01[/I][/B] [I]Peter’s Notes: This is one of those strange situations where it is hard to tell if Fuerza is as good as he looks or Thom Barrowman is very good at making his opponent look good, whoever it might be. While I tend to believe that it’s Barrowman doing the heavy lifting, this singles match gives us a really good look at what Fuerza can do when he’s by himself, and he is an impressive package. Scout Finch, at ringside, can only stand by and watch as Fuerza makes every little bit of offense that he can manage against the veteran count, scoring with a huge clothesline and knee lift combination that sends Guide crashing to the floor. But Barrowman recovers and builds up his own head of steam, blocking a kick by grabbing Fuerza’s foot and turning it into an STF and a submission situation. Fuerza makes it to the ropes to force a break but looks to be slowed by the toll of all of Barrowman’s offense and struggles to get to his feet as Barrowman heads to the top turnbuckle. But as he gets to the top rope, Fuerza is up and standing, waiting and catching his opponent coming off in the air and powerbombing him, bouncing the former New Waver’s head off of the mat. Instinctively, Fuerza drops onto Barrowman and hooks his leg as referee Eugene Williams counts the decisive three and calls for the bell. Grade: B-[/I] [B][CENTER](Start of Live Telecast)[/CENTER][/B] [CENTER]Photobucket[/CENTER] The show begins with the obvious web production that we’ve come to expect from Mainstream Hernandez’s Mainstream.com, and as usual, the handsome blonde youngster is staring back into the camera’s lens when the segment begins. MH: “As you can see, I’m outside of the building tonight in New Orleans, Louisiana, and I have to say that I’m psyched to be here….for once.” He pushes a wave of bleached hair out from in front of his blue-tinted glasses as the camera pulls back. He is in his wrestling gear. MH: “I mean, usually, we’re running in bumpkin town after bumpkin town with nothing but farms and country folk as far as the eye can see. But tonight, Mainstream.com has got itself a party town to go be a part of.” He smiles. MH: “Ladies of N’awlins, make sure to hit me up with a PM if you want to roll with Mainstream after his match tonight. I only accept the best of the best so make sure to attach pictures and…..” He is interrupted by the loud exhaust of the Dirty White Boyz’ huge white pick-up truck as it slowly pulls into a parking spot behind the arena. Hernandez shakes his head and looks back at the camera. MH: “As I was saying……” But he gets no further as a massive black van comes screeching around the corner and slams into the driver’s side of the DWB’s truck. The tinted windowed beast gets thrown into reverse and begins winding its tires until it gets some separation from the side of the half crushed pickup, tearing off back down the ramp backward. Lead Belly hops out of the passenger side shaken but unscathed, but when he runs to the driver’s side door, he yells for some help as he finds Grease Hogg cut on his forehead and holding his neck, unable to get out. When some staffers begin to run up, Mainstream turns the camera back onto himself. MH: “Wow, that was killer. Where else would you get the chance to see something like that, huh? Nowhere other than Mainstream.com, your source for everything that’s anything to anyone who’s anyone.” With that he smiles and the turns the camera back to he calamity behind him, watching various staff members and a couple of paramedics trying to assist Grease Hogg from the bent steel of his truck. Grade: B- [B][CENTER](Brand New Supreme TV Theme Song and Show Open)[/CENTER][/B] [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Pablo Rodriguez vs. Acid vs. Mainstream Hernandez[/CENTER][/B] [B][I]Result: Acid wins via pinfall @ 6:03[/I][/B] [I]Peter’s Notes: This is a seriously high octane affair that really does its job in showcasing the three distinct talents involved. It is also the first TV match put together by the recently hired Robert Oxford, the road agent we brought in to replace Steve Flash, and I think he did a pretty good job considering he is still becoming familiar with the roster. Quite honestly, the only thing that held this match back were the modest popularities of Mainstream Hernandez of Pablo Rodriguez….and we know that’ll come around eventually. Pablo is the fan favorite on the heels of The Lightseekers hotly downloaded internet promo and takes the advantage early on, dropping both Acid and Mainstream with textbook dropkicks. Hernandez gets in a couple of spots that look really good, nearly stealing the match with his wicked single arm DDT on Rodriguez at about the five minute mark. The finish comes with all three men firing on all cylinders. After discarding Mainstream by hurling him through the ropes to the floor, Acid turns his attention to the recovering Rodriguez and moves in, looking to settle up with the man behind Remmy Skye and sworn enemy of the COTGD. Pablo rolls under Acid’s spin kick attempt and comes up with his fists bared, but surely doesn’t want to get into a striking contest with Acid and looks to grapple with him. But the masked man is whip-quick, spinning around again with another kick and catching Rodriguez in the side of the head, springing to the top rope right afterward and coming off with an “Acid Rain Bomb”. At the last second however, Pablo rolls out of the way with Acid bouncing off of the canvas behind him and begins to mount a rally. But Acid has other plans, stopping the charge a pair of punches in by blasting the preacher in the face with the red mist and springing to the top a second time. And this time he is successful, hitting the “Acid Rain Bomb” flush, destroying Rodriguez, and covering him for the win. Grade: B-[/I] [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] Peter Michaels and Ana Garcia do a live spot from ringside, putting over the stacked lineup on tonight’s show. They also take a minute or two to walk the just-tuning-in crowd through the footage of the car crash attack on the Dirty White Boyz from earlier this evening. AG: “Seriously Peter, who else could that have been other than the Can-Am Blondes? There might as well have been a red maple leaf painted on the side of that van.” PM: “I don’t know, Ana, but whoever was behind that attack wasn’t looking to just hurt one of the DWB, they were looking to end someone’s career.” Grade: B+ [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Shooter Sean Deeley vs. Joe Sexy[/CENTER][/B] [B][I]Result: Shooter Sean wins via submission @ 7:43[/I][/B] [I]Peter’s Notes: Shooter Sean really brings his “A” game this time around after the embarrassment of his debut at the hands of Christian Faith and takes Joe Sexy to wrestling school. Sexy is kept strong and has a significant run in the middle of the match, but is portrayed throughout as being a step behind, mat-skill wise. The finish comes after Deeley has taken advantage of Danny B Bling’s distraction who has one of his girls flash Sexy, pulling his gaze away from the downed Shooter. Deeley flips and holds Sexy down, unleashing a flurry of elbows onto his midsection and forcing Sexy’s arms down before nailing the longtime veteran of the sport with a headbutt right between the eyes. Sexy is almost knocked out by the shot as a small trickle of blood rolls down the bridge of his nose and seems to be easy pickings thereafter for Deeley who rolls him over and grabs hold of his ankle, twisting it disgustingly with an ankle lock and getting the already groggy Sexy to wave and tap out frantically. Bling and Dez hop into the ring as the bell is ringing and begin to celebrate wildly with Deeley, who Dez lifts up onto his shoulders and carries back up the ramp, the rest of HFD in tow. Grade: C+[/I] [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] Tom Gilmore and Queen Emily are backstage on the interview set with Tommy Townsend waiting for the camera’s red light to flash on, signaling that they are live. When it does, Gilmore is fired up and doesn’t even wait for a prompt from Tommy. TG: “Bulldozer Brandon Smith, if you’re smart, you’ll scrape together all the money that you have and you’ll head on down to the gas station and buy yourself as many scratch tickets as you can afford, because after what happened in our match at “Welcome to the Jungle” and then what happened last week, you are without a doubt, the luckiest man on the face of the planet.” Gilmore sighs. He is getting more intense but manages to keep his tone even. TG: “I never had it in my hands; I never wore it around my waist, thanks to you, but I was the North American champion. And I saw what being a champion in this company can do for you……and, my god; it’s all I want now. It’s the only thing that will put out the fire inside me.” A close up. TG: “Bulldozer, you might think that you have some advantage over me because you won that garbage gimmick match at “Welcome to the Jungle”, but that would mean you really are as stupid as you look. And last week I proved that even if you bring your absolute best, the most you can hope for is a draw. I’m one of the greatest wrestlers to ever lace ‘em up and no midcard wannabe like you is ever going to step into my ring and beat me in a wrestling match.” Grade: B+ [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Sammy Bach vs. Jacob Jett[/CENTER][/B] [B][I]Result: Jacob Jett wins via pinfall @ 9:58[/I][/B] [I]Peter’s Notes: This could have been the main event of the show, but with the World Title bout, we stuck it here to try to win the end of the first hour’s ratings battle. I’m pretty sure that TCW won’t have anything close to this quality happening at this point of their show, so….advantage SWF. Usually it is the Cult of the Grey Dragon’s entrance that causes the most heads to turn, but tonight, the arena goes absolutely crazy when Jacob Jett is announced. With his new music tearing through the house speakers, Jett slithers out onto the stage flanked by Remmy Skye and Pablo Rodriguez, heading to the ring amidst a sea of cheers; The Lightseekers are over already. (It was actually apparent during Pablo’s match; I just didn’t bring it up.) Match wise, it is everything we had hoped for, with spots aplenty and with the COTGD/Lightseekers storyline constantly lurking, there is no shortage of things for Peter and Ana to sell. Bach is less apprehensive than we thought he might be, and goes toe-to-toe with his former minion and even breaks out a few brand new ‘on-the-spot’ type moves in the heat of battle. One of them, a fisherman’s buster from the second turnbuckle, nearly stops Jett for good, with the high flyer bouncing off of the canvas in gruesome fashion. In a surprise turn of events, the climax doesn’t have any ‘sports entertainment’ to it; we actually had a finish, which was nice. Bach drops Jett on his head again with a backdrop driver and hops to his feet, squatting in the opposite corner, sizing him up for a “BOYB”. But Jett pulls the always infamous undead sit up, somehow lifting himself up off the canvas and drawing an incredulous look from both Bach and Emma who stands at ringside. And this is the point that becomes the Lightseeker’s comeback; when he stands Bach attacks, but Jett no-sells every single shot, driving Bach crazy and turning him white as a ghost when his former minion throws back his head and flashes his bloodstained fangs. Bach tries to escape the ring, but cannot get through the ropes fast enough as Jett reels him back in and dragon suplexes him before putting him into position for his new finisher, a very stiff looking DDT, and getting the pinfall. Emma freaks out as the bell rings, climbing into the ring and screaming at Jett, seeming to forget she no longer has any power over him until he locks a hand around her neck. Suddenly, his fangs are bared again, and Emma looks as scared as a dark soul can, staring up at Jett’s opened mouth before Acid and Plague run down the ramp. Pablo and Remmy jump in the ring and Jett tosses Emma aside as they stand waiting for the COTGD’s reinforcements. But as they make it under the bottom rope, and Sammy begins stirring to even the odds, The Lightseekers grab onto harnesses dangling from the rafters and hook up, rocketing out of the ring before an actual three-on-three confrontation can happen. The COTGD stare upward; The Lightseekers have them on the ropes and disorganized. Grade: B+[/I] [CENTER]Photobucket[/CENTER] A segment rolls called “Profile of a Legend: Hall of Fame Inductee Richard Eisen” that does its best to put the man’s contributions to the professional wrestling world into perspective. But, as you might expect, it is just not possible. Not at all. Grade: B+ [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Dirty White Boyz vs. Can-Am Blondes/Frederique[/CENTER][/B] [B][CENTER]-World Tag Team Title Shot Match-[/CENTER][/B] [B][I]Result: Can-Am Blondes/Frederique win via DQ @ 8:18[/I][/B] [I]Peter’s Notes: We get a fairly good handicap match between these two teams, but a poor performance by Frederique, who had been uber solid in every capacity since rejoining our ranks, holds it back a little bit. No matter; we still get to where we want to go with this one regardless. Carvill and Love are really able to keep up with the brawling bikers, standing toe-to-toe with both Lead Belly and Grease Hogg throughout the bout, but still choose to cut corners at every opportunity, using The Guru’s presence at ringside as well as their man advantage to confuse Baby Jamie. There is an interlude during the match’s midpoint where Jamie has lost control of things and the fight has gone out onto the floor. Grease Hogg is actually able to set up a table in between the ring and the announce location, but cannot manage to hurl either Damian Carvill or Frederique through it before Baby Jamie herds them all back into the ring. The Can-Am’s take the advantage after The Guru distracts Lead Belly and look to be set to take the match home at about the seven and a half minute mark, nailing the loudmouth of the DWB with a double chokeslam before running into opposite corners and climbing the turnbuckles. Frederique begins celebrating as Love and Carvill square up and wait for Lead Belly to get back to his feet, sure to be the recipient of their trademark stereo missile dropkicks. But as LB wobbles his way onto two unsteady legs, Grease Hogg can’t take it any more and comes flying into the ring, even without making the tag, and sprints straight toward Owen Love. And when he connects, Love teeters for half a second before falling backward off of the top turnbuckle through the table on the floor that had been set up earlier. Carvill comes off the top on his own, connecting flush with Grease Hogg, but the bell begins ringing as he goes to make a cover, with Baby Jamie disqualifying the DWB for the use of the table. The Guru pumps his fist and shepherds his group out of the ring and up the ramp (taking an awfully long time to assist the splinter filled Owen Love) as the DWB both begin pulling themselves together and shake their heads as they hear the outcome over the PA for themselves. Grade: B[/I] [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] Superagent Phil Vibert is backstage with World Heavyweight Champion Sean McFly, talking as they walk toward the curtain. For the first time on Supreme TV, Shawn Doakes is on hand with a microphone and asks them if they have any thoughts with the main event being only minutes away. PV: “Thoughts are something I’m never short of, Shawn.” He looks into the camera’s lens. PV: “Eric Eisen, I was hoping that you’d see the logic in having the best wrestler in the world as your promotion’s champion, but apparently you’re nowhere near the businessman that your old man was, because he’d have been all over it. Too bad for your family.” McFly, still for too long, begins bouncing side to side on the balls of his feet. PV: “Instead, you’ve decided to put what boils down to a bounty on my client’s head, offering favors and good standing with The Corporation instead of an out and out cash payoff to anyone who’ll do your bidding. Christian Faith seems to have bitten, although we don’t know for sure because he …..” Vibert condescendingly makes air-quotes with his fingers. PV: “…. ‘isn’t talking about it’. And now Joey Minnesota wants to step up to the plate and see if he can hit the high heat against the best in the game?” A pause. PV: “By all means, Joey, step right up.” Sean McFly stops bouncing and gets into the center of the frame, taking the microphone from Vibert. SM: “Joey, you know what I think of you personally. I wrestled you in one of your first matches, remember. In Canada, when you tried out for NOTBPW, and they thought so much of you, they had me wrestle you in a dark match to see how good you were. I told them that you could be one of the best I’ve ever wrestled, and I still believe that today. But I think that you getting in bed with Eric Eisen and The Corporation is a bad idea. They’re evil. And they will use you up and throw you away when they are done with you….” He just trails off, shaking his head, letting Phil Vibert bring everything back together and sell the match. PV: “Tonight, it’s all about whether or not little Joey has grown up enough to take the title away from “Mr. Wrestling”, or whether he’s still the same guy he was a few weeks ago, when he couldn’t hold off Angry Gilmore to keep his own North American Title.” Doakes winces a little bit at the low blow from Vibert. PV: “Mr. Wrestling” is an athlete on an entirely different level than Tom Gilmore, with all due respect to Mr. Gilmore.” McFly nods. SM: “Tonight, Joey, up close and personal, you’re going to see how good the best can be.” Grade: A* [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] We go back to Peter Michaels and Ana Garcia at the broadcast location for a quick preview of next week’s show, which they sell the heck out of. PM: “Fans, if you miss next week’s main event, you’ll be out of the loop when it comes to “The Supreme Rumble” at “Under Control”, because, we have just been informed that Big Smack Scott has made a fatal four way match to end next week’s “Supreme TV”. It’ll be Christian Faith taking on, Jack Bruce, Morpheus and the SWF North American Champion Bulldozer Brandon Smith with the winner receiving the thirtieth and final entry into “The Supreme Rumble”, statistically making them the favorite to win it all.” AG: “That’s not all, Peter. Whichever one of the four superstars that takes the fall; whoever gets beaten to end the match will still be entered into “The Supreme Rumble”. However, they will do so as the first overall entrant, putting them at a huge disadvantage, having to go the distance and outlast twenty-nine other superstars.” Grade: B [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket [/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Sean McFly vs. Joey Minnesota[/CENTER][/B] [CENTER]Photobucket[/CENTER] [B][CENTER]-World Heavyweight Title Match-[/CENTER][/B] [B][I]Result: Sean McFly wins via pinfall @ 13:41[/I][/B] [I]Peter’s Notes: Sean McFly really lucks out here, with an unexpected challenge by a very motivated Joey Minnesota pushing him to the limit. There is some serious chemistry between the two as well, and it’s the good kind too. It’s not just that they match up well as opponents, there is that undeniable other thing there too, the always ambiguous “it”; and, whatever “it” is, they have “it” together. And really, it’s that “it” that allows us to tell the story that we’re trying to tell. Tonight, the story was Joey Minnesota raising his game and being just a hair away from the World title on several occasions. To their credit, our fans were very appreciative of the efforts of both men, proving that our strategy of focusing on wrestling in addition to having the best in sports entertainment is paying off. Joey is aggressive from the opening bell and shows a bit of McFly influence when he tries and connects with his secondary finisher, the “Minnesota Salute” (flying forearm from the top) in the match’s first seconds and gets an unbelievable two and a half count from senior referee Jay Fair after the pin attempt. “Mr. Wrestling” obviously rebounds and gets in a host of his crowd pleasing offense, but seems to know he is embroiled in a pretty steep wrestling match as Joey just will not go away, taking it all and coming back for more. The finish is fabulous and was something that Alex Braun and Robert Oxford came up with together, and when I think about it, it does have quite an old school flavor. Joey is hanging on with everything he has in the face of McFly’s attempt to end the match, twice blocking “Mr. Wrestling’s” attempt at the “Delorean Driver” by reaching out and desperately grabbing hold of the middle rope. After the second failed attempt, McFly seems a bit frustrated and looks to Phil Vibert at ringside in a ‘can-you-even-believe-this’ manner, rolling his eyes and shrugging; amazed. The two or three second span gives Joey one last shot and with a burst of energy from some special reserve in his body, he nips up and unleashes a flurry of stiff kicks on McFly, the pad on his shin snapping on the World Champion’s head audibly three or four times. He can almost taste the title, and with McFly reeling from the barrage, Minnesota looks to seize his opportunity, dropping McFly with a rude short-arm clothesline and lifting him to his feet, putting him into position for the “Empire Spiral”. But as Vibert freaks out on the floor, sensing an end to his client’s title reign, “Mr. Wrestling” lives up to his name, snatching Joey’s leg and rolling him up in a modified small package to get the surprisingly decisive three count. Minnesota rolls onto his knees and just stares at McFly as Fair raises his arm and the ring announcer declares “Mr. Wrestling” “STILL” the SWF World Heavyweight Champion; he can barely believe it. And with the crowd coming to their feet after such an outstanding contest, he just shakes his head and pulls on two handfuls of his short black hair. McFly poses with the belt for a second before walking over to his shocked opponent and extending his hand, respectfully offering to help him up. Joey looks at it for a few seconds before reaching out and grabbing on; McFly lifting him to his feet with a handshake. Vibert is all smiles and points to the pair, playing to the crowd. PM: “This is truly remarkable. It seems that The Corporation did not, in fact, convince Joey…..” Michaels trails off, unable to get his entire name out before Minnesota viciously short-arm clotheslines McFly, ending the heart warming moment and sending a shiver through the audience as he snaps, throwing his head back to yell and pounding on his own chest. Vibert screams at Joey, but is quickly tossed over the top rope to the floor by the enraged superstar, leaving the superagent down and unable to help his client. Minnesota quickly hops to the floor and tosses a steel chair into the ring before climbing back through the ropes and laying the boots to the World Champion. Vibert gets to his feet and yells to the back for some help, holding his ribs in obvious pain. But before SWF Security can get to the ring, Joey lifts McFly onto his shoulder and spikes him violently onto the steel chair with an “Empire Spiral”. It looks like he is going to lift him right off of the chair for another, but he gets caught in a wave of security and pushed into the far corner. The show ends as Minnesota seethes against the thicknecked ex-bouncers that are holding him back, Phil Vibert standing over a grimacing Sean McFly, wondering if he is going to get up. Grade: A Show Grade: A[/I] [CENTER]Photobucket [B]Copyright Supreme Sports 2011[/B][/CENTER] [B][CENTER]The Past, Present, and Future of Professional Wrestling[/CENTER][/B]

Thanks to all who voted for Secrets of the Ring in this month's DOTM and to those that read and support it with comments. We pulled down another bronze this month behind two quality diaries and were right in the thick of it for the third spot with two others as well. Hooded Kudos to everyone. :D

Show 43 Preview [CENTER]Photobucket[/CENTER] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]-Show Forty-Three Preview-[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [I]With “Under Control” only two weeks away, things are coming into a much clearer focus in the Supreme Wrestling Federation. This week’s “Supreme TV” should be a barnburner and will feature a wicked fatal four way that could very well decide the Supreme Rumble. In addition to that, Joey Minnesota, fresh off of a slim defeat at the hands of the World Champion in last week’s main event, steps back into the ring to take on former tag team champion Thom Barrowman in what should be a high impact wrestling fan’s dream. Here’s the full lineup: Jack Bruce vs. Christian Faith vs. Bulldozer vs. Morpheus – For Entry #30 in the Supreme Rumble Joey Minnesota vs. Thom Barrowman Pablo vs. Shark MMW vs. Hollas fo’ Dollas Sexy vs. Brett Starr vs. Scout vs. AMM vs. Frederique Can-Am Blondes vs. Ryan Powell/Stevie Grayson Be sure to tune in twenty minutes before the start of the show; point your favorite browser to SWF.com and catch the hottest internet wrestling show in the universe all free of charge. Don’t waste your time with TCW. Don’t insult your intelligence by watching USPW. Watch what the world is watching, the Supreme Wrestling Federation. [CENTER]Photobucket [B]Copyright Supreme Sports 2011[/B][/CENTER] [B][CENTER]The Past, Present, and Future of Professional Wrestling[/CENTER][/B] -Quick Picks- Jack Bruce vs. Christian Faith vs. Bulldozer vs. Morpheus – For Entry #30 in the Supreme Rumble Joey Minnesota vs. Thom Barrowman Pablo vs. Shark MMW vs. Hollas fo’ Dollas Sexy vs. Brett Starr vs. Scout vs. AMM vs. Frederique Can-Am Blondes vs. Ryan Powell/Stevie Grayson[/I]

Jack Bruce vs. [B]Christian Faith [/B]vs. Bulldozer vs. Morpheus – For Entry #30 in the Supreme Rumble [B]Joey Minnesota[/B] vs. Thom Barrowman [B]Pablo [/B]vs. Shark [B]MMW [/B]vs. Hollas fo’ Dollas Sexy vs. Brett Starr vs. Scout vs. [B]AMM[/B] vs. Frederique [B]Can-Am Blondes [/B]vs. Ryan Powell/Stevie Grayson

Jack Bruce vs. [B]Christian Faith[/B] vs. Bulldozer vs. Morpheus – For Entry #30 in the Supreme Rumble [I]The safe bet here would be Christian Faith[/I] [B]Joey Minnesota[/B] vs. Thom Barrowman [I]Minnesota acquitted himself very well in the World Title match with Sean McFly and though he lost that match, I don't see his elevation to main event status being de-railed by the former tag teamer.[/I] [B]Pablo[/B] vs. Shark Pretty much a squash [B]MMW [/B]vs. Hollas fo’ Dollas [I]For all Hollas fo' Dollas bravado, I never get the feeling they are going to be pushed beyond opening match/card filler fodder, whilst MHW are starting to get a more focused push. [/I] Sexy vs. Brett Starr vs. Scout vs. AMM vs. [B]Frederique[/B] [I]Surprise winner Frederique, when AMM gets screwed out of victory by the Can-Am's.[/I] [B]Can-Am Blondes[/B] vs. Ryan Powell/Stevie Grayson [I]Can-Am's are about a couple of rungs above right now.[/I]

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all. Just wanted to let the folks that follow this know that I'll be back posting within the next couple of days. The new baby caught a cold that somehow landed us in the ER and then, in for a hospital stay. Needless to say, the world outside ceases to exist, you know. It was crazy. But thankfully, all is well and we are back home now, settling back into our routine. Incidentally, I spent a few minutes here and there keeping up with the board on a public computer and reading things in small chunks. It was awesome to have it as something to do that distracted me for a handful of minutes at a time. I'm looking forward to rolling on with my story and keeping ya'll as entertained as I can. And thanks for understanding. :)

Show 43 "Don't Call it a Comeback" [B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]-Show Forty-Three-[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [CENTER]Photobucket[/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]“Don’t Call it a Comeback”[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [B][I][CENTER](Internet Pre-Show)[/CENTER][/I][/B] [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Pablo Rodriguez vs. Silver Shark [/CENTER][/B] [B][I]Result: Pablo Rodriguez wins via pinfall @ 5:55[/I][/B] [I]Peter’s Notes: A very spirited old-school lucha style match that our fans seemed to enjoy a lot. Pablo Rodriguez gets the opportunity to be in the ring by himself and show off his entire repertoire and really excels, armdragging, hurancanrana-ing, and backflipping Silver Shark all over the squared circle. The masked man gets in a great spot himself during his comeback scoring with a slingshot cross-body over the top rope to the floor that slams Pablo to the protective mats with a thud. But this was essentially a momentum builder for Pablo and The Lightseekers and the finish reflects that. Shark lifts the preacher back into the ring, but gets stunned by three straight right hands as he takes a second to do his trademark fin gesture to the fans. Pablo climbs to the top rope and, as Silver Shark begins to struggle aimlessly to his feet, Rodriguez puts his hands together and says a quick prayer before leaping out and turning Shark inside out with a super rana. The three count comes quickly from referee Jay Fair...... [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket [/CENTER] ......but not as quickly as Pablo Rodriguez’ deft finger-wagging escape into the eaves of the arena as Acid and Plague charge down the ramp, looking for a fight with their bitter nemeses. Grade: C+[/I] [CENTER]Photobucket[/CENTER] Without warning, there is a quick flash on the screen before the feed turns into a Mainstream.com segment. They feel very familiar on the pre-show now and are drawing eyes to both our free internet production as well as to Mainstream’s fan page. This evening’s visit with the brash youngster is set up like a video blog; he just points the webcam at himself (in what looks to be his hotel suite) and starts talking. MH: “I’m up tonight; gonna school some stooge before I hit the ground running and hit all the hottest clubs in town where the drinks are on YOU. I don’t even know who’ll be looking back across the ring at me when I go out there. And to be honest, I don’t even care. Somebody’s going to get their mug smeared all over my website as my latest victim; another stepping stone for me to use before the next party.” Grade: B- [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Mexico’s Most Wanted vs. Hollas fo’ Dollas[/CENTER][/B] [B][I]Result: MMW win via pinfall @ 4:06[/I][/B] [I]Peter’s Notes: A tidy squash that gives us the opportunity to give MMW some momentum while trying to appease Danny B Bling, who is once again urging the folks on the booking committee to let him wrestle instead of simply managing. Honestly, the short duration of the match served all four parties involved very well, and I would expect to see Bling and Dez team up again in the near future. The finish comes a hair past the four minute mark when Dez has been hurled through the ropes, leaving Danny B Bling alone inside the confines of the ring with both Gino and Fuerza. They aren’t very fluid yet, but MMW attempt and connect with a sort of sloppy, but still effective, dropkick doomsday device that flips the jive talking pimp ass-over-teakettle and onto his head. With Dez still trying to get to his feet amongst the HFD ho posse, Montero covers the motionless Bling and gets the three count and the victory. Antonio Maxi Marquez comes down to the ring to pose with his group as their music’s heavy latin-funk bass line thumps throughout the arena. Mexico’s Most Wanted glare at the camera defiantly, still feeling underappreciated and Gino still showing the effects of his attack at the hands of the Can-Am Blondes two weeks ago. Grade: C+[/I] [B][I][CENTER](Start of Live Telecast)[/CENTER][/I][/B] [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] Big Smack Scott and Abby Eisen are in the ring as the show’s opening pyro and theme music fades into the past. Scott, holding a microphone, has lost the usual fun loving edge he has been bringing to the ring in recent months. Instead, GM Scott is all business. BSS: “One of the most important parts of running a tight ship is making sure its quarters are clean. I’ve heard the backstage rumors for a long time; the whispers under peoples breath about you, Joey. About what you’re into. About a few of the other boys too.” AE: “Steroids are a plague in our business. But once again, as with everything else, the Supreme Wrestling Federation will be a trendsetter. Starting next week, the SWF will launch a comprehensive drug testing program designed to weed out the cheaters in our ranks.” There is a mixed bag of cheers from the fans. BSS: “And, after his brutal attack last week on World Heavyweight Champion Sean McFly, the first order of business will be to test Joey Minnesota for any banned substances that might’ve sent him into……” [CENTER] Photobucket [/CENTER] Joey Minnesota’s music hits and he stalks out onto the stage, his eyes yellow and glazed. He is very riled up. JM: “Singling me out, Smacker? Does the story of the pot and the kettle do anything for you? What you’re doing is actually called slander, and it could land you in court with me suing your ass!” Scott nods knowingly but doesn’t back down. BSS: “The testing is what’s best for the SWF and for the world of professional wrestling in general; the issue isn’t up for debate, Joey. It’s a done deal.” Abby nods beside him, but Joey doesn’t seem to take their proclamation too seriously. JM: “Whatever then; I’m as clean as the morning dew, just so you know.” There is a sound round of laughs at Joey’s bald faced lie. JM: “Good luck trying to find anything.” With that, his music comes blaring through the speakers again, and as he walks off, leaving Scott and Abby Eisen talking to each other in the ring, Peter Michaels and Ana Garcia lead the just-tuning-in fans through a condensed replay of the last few minutes. Grade: B [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Joe Sexy vs. Brett Starr vs. Scout Finch vs. Frederique vs. AMM [/CENTER][/B] [B][I]Result: AMM wins via pinfall @ 6:52[/I][/B] [I]Peter’s Notes: Don’t quite know what went wrong with this one. It will though, as I’ve said before about other crap matches, advance the individual storylines of the workers involved. Given the level of talent involved, I would suspect it was simply a case of their individual styles clashing a bit too much. That being said, I’m glad we only gave this one seven minutes. Brett Starr….well….is the star of the match in my eyes, showing some real attitude in taking the fight right to the other four men who are all much more established stars than he is. However, he does end up taking the fall, so we did establish his spot in the pecking order didn’t we? The action is fairly muted so the highlights share their mediocrity. With the match breaking down and everybody forgoing tags to get into the ring, Frederique hooks Scout for a belly to back suplex and drives him into the canvas, covering him quickly. But he doesn’t hook the leg and the New Waver slides out the back door, kicking out at two and three quarters and starting the finishing sequence. When he gets up Scout nails Frederique and Starr both with dropkicks before running and knocking the battling Sexy and Marquez over the top rope, with Sexy flipping all the way over and landing on his head. Marquez however is able to grab hold of the top cable on his way over and skin the cat, pulling himself back up and into the ring right behind Finch who is unaware of AMM’s presence as he waits for Brett Starr to get back to his feet, presumably to. As Starr slowly rises, Marquez bounces off of the middle strand and comes flying in front of Scout, catching him clean with a springboard ace crusher the crosses the New Wavers eyes. Without a single wasted motion, AMM flattens the struggling Brett Starr with and STO and springs to the top rope before taking off high into the air and landing a few breathtaking seconds later with a “Champagne Sunrise” that wins the match. As the bell rings and his arm is raised...... [CENTER] Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket [/CENTER] .....Marquez’s music is cut off and replaced by the funky theme music of Hollas fo’ Dollas. Danny B Bling struts out onto the stage doing his trademarked two-step shimmy shake, joined as always by three or four local strippers (dressed for work, apparently), Dez, and Shooter Sean Deeley. Lucky for us, DBB bought a microphone from backstage too and pulls it out as Marquez pushes past him and goes through the curtain. DBB: “Another outstanding performance by Joe Sexy tonight, huh everyone?” They boo. DBB: “Seems to me, that that cat is havin’ himself some serious problems in the ring of late.” Dez and Deeley smile at each other and nod, agreeing with Bling’s assessment of Sexy as the girls stand by and strike pose after pose. DBB: “ I just want to let everybody know that just like in the jungle, just like in the hood, the circle of life stops for no man. As one begins to fade, Joe Sexy, so does one rise into his own. Shooter Sean Deeley and HFD are the future of this company. You bes’ believe that, broheem. Don’t get in our way again.” With that the funk fills the arena again and HFD, after another quick dance from Danny B Bling, are gone, leaving Joe Sexy as the last man from the five way in the ring, shaking his head. Grade: C+ (post) B-[/I] [CENTER][B][I](Commercial)[/I][/B] Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] As Big Smack Scott and Abby Eisen sit in the GM’s office backstage, watching the night’s show unfold on a huge screen television mounted on the wall, Eric Eisen bursts in looking very upset with Scott, standing with his hands on his hips right in front of the screen. [CENTER]Photobucket [/CENTER] EE: “I thought we had this ironed out when we talked on the phone yesterday? I thought we decided that it would be best to put off the drug testing for a few more months until….” Abby cuts him off. AE: “Until when? Until it doesn’t benefit you personally anymore? Then will it be ok to test them? Joey’s attack last week was provoked by an outside source, that much is a given, but the level of animalistic viciousness was no doubt the result of some chemical imbalance in the man’s system. Need I remind you that it’s costing the company an appearance by the World Champion this week as he’s visiting a specialist in Boston.” Eric sighs but catches Scott almost smirking at Abby’s Eisen-like ferocity and turns his attention squarely on the Smacker, getting only a few inches from his face, but increasing his volume dramatically. EE: “How often does this have to happen, Scott? You’ve been getting us ratings, but almost every week, you seem to come up with a way to embarrass me on my own TV show, do you realize that?” Scott gulps. EE: “Now when I said, all those weeks ago, that your job hung by the most delicate of threads, I meant it. I’m THE BOSS; the final say; where the buck stops.” Abby shoots Eric a stern look but he doesn’t take his eyes off of Big Smack Scott, seeming to relish the opportunity to dress him down again. EE: “Just like old times, eh Mr. Scott?” He nods lowering his head a little bit; defeated. EE: “Now you can implement whatever system of testing for whatever substances you might like to test for…..” Eisen gets even closer to Scott’s face, turning a little bit to whisper in his ear. EE: “….but Joey Minnesota will not be subject to testing, is that clear?” Scott looks back up. BSS: “I don’t think he would pass if we ordered it. Eisen just laughs in his face. EE: “I don’t think YOU would pass a drug test if I ordered it!” The interim CEO turns to walk away and, as he exits the door without turning back, he yells over his shoulder. EE: “It’s my way or the highway, Mr. Scott. Enjoy the rest of the show.” Grade: B+ [B][I][CENTER](commercial)[/CENTER][/I][/B] [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] [B][CENTER] Mainstream Hernandez vs. Greg Black[/CENTER][/B] [B][I] Result: Greg Black wins via pinfall @ 8:22[/I][/B] [I]Peter’s Notes: With Mainstream already in the ring following the short commercial break, (after taking a few extra seconds to set up his camera at ringside) the house really gives a huge round of applause to the returning Greg Black when he is announced as Hernandez’ opponent. Black takes his time acknowledging them too, smiling his entire way down the ramp before sprinting around the ring two or three times, high fiving every extended hand. When he gets into the ring, he also shows a renewed attitude in between the ropes, really going all out, throwing caution to the wind and taking the fight right to the quickly overwhelmed Mainstream Hernandez, who ends up resorting to a groin shot and an eye poke (in tandem) to gain control of the match. Once he has the reigns, Mainstream shows off his abilities, putting Black through the ringer and looking like he is only seconds away from a victory after dropping the fan favorite with the “Fever Beat” a leaping single arm DDT that always precedes his finisher. But, for some reason, Mainstream covers him instead of going to the top rope. Black shows great ring sense by knowing exactly where he is in relation to the ropes, reaching out and grabbing the bottom one a fraction before Jay Fair’s hand hits the mat for a decisive third time. The crowd takes over, driving Greg Black to his feet, much to the chagrin of the egotistical partyboy Hernandez who tries to use Fair to shield himself from his oncoming opponent. From out of nowhere, Mainstream jabs his thumb into Blacks’ eye for a second time in the match, sending him stumbling into the corner. But when he walks in to try to capitalize, he is met with a surprise superkick that makes a loud popping sound as it snaps Mainstream’s head back, sweat flying off of his blond hair. Black hooks both Hernandez’s legs and clasps his hands tightly as Fair counts the three, sending the crowd into a pop frenzy. As he celebrates in the midst of a thunderous ovation, one wonders why we didn’t have him working as a babyface with an afro during his previous run with the company. Grade: B-[/I] [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] The Dirty White Boyz stand outside of the arena in front of a trailer which has hauled their wrecked pick up truck into the parking lot. As you might expect, they are upset. LB: “Can-Am Blondes, attacking us in the manner that you did got our attention even more than when you beat us in that BS handicap match to earn a shot at our titles. And believe me, you already had our attention then.” He grits his teeth. LB: “Another inch or two, to the left or to the right, the paramedics are pretty sure that the Hogg here might’ve broken his neck instead of just slamming his fat head into the dashboard.” Grease Hogg grimaces, rubbing the scar on his forehead. LB: “We are looking forward to getting you girls in the ring again.” Lead Belly looks back over his shoulder toward the remnants of their pickup before looking back into the camera. LB: “Next time, it’ll be blood for blood. Mark my words; blood for blood.” Grade: B [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Can-Am Blondes vs. Ryan Powell/Stevie Grayson[/CENTER][/B] [B][I]Result: Can-Am Blondes win via pinfall @ 5:04[/I][/B] [I]Peter’s Notes: The Can-Am Blondes continue to impress and show their worth as top contenders to the tag team titles, this week having a good match with Ryan Powell and Stevie Grayson. The Blondes also really do a great job putting themselves over as heels by letting their wrestling take a back seat to their character portrayal and do so with great success. To that end, The Guru also does some great work at ringside, playing the devilish holy man to perfection and bothering the two young hip-hoppers throughout the bout. The finish is heel-tastic as well as Carvill takes control of the contest with rope lift to the groin on Grayson before making the tag to his partner. Love hits the ring and dumps Powell onto his head before quickly unwrapping the tape off of his wrist, winding it around Grayson’s wrist and the top rope, fastening him to the cable, prone; unable to protect himself. Carvill struts around the ring, fully advertising his intentions to punish Grayson before high fiving Love on the apron and dropping a barrage of punches and kicks onto the babyface. When Baby Jamie finally gets the tape unwrapped from the rope, Grayson is done, crumpling onto the mat. The Guru raises his gold cane into the air and orders his men to the top rope, and, as Grayson finally gets to his feet, they take flight, nailing Grayson with their trademark stereo missile dropkicks. There isn’t more than a second’s pause before Jamie slaps the mat three decisive times and calls for the bell. But as it rings, the earlier tension between the Can-Am’s and Mexico’s Most Wanted boils over as Marquez, Gino, and Fuerza charge down the ramp toward the ring. Love and Carvill look at each other for a moment before turning tail and jumping out the other side of the ring, grabbing The Guru in the process and looking to jump the guardrail near the announce position. But as the people clear, two men remain in their paths, arms crossed; smiling. [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket[/CENTER] Owen and Damian shriek and turn around before realizing that MMW is closing the gap. They comedically run into each other (with Owen taking a huge faceplant comedy bump) before scrambling in the only semi-clear direction, straight through some fans and toward the staircase to safety. Grade: B- (post) B[/I] [CENTER] Photobucket Photobucket [/CENTER] Joey Minnesota pushes open Eric Eisen’s office door and is seething, breathing heavily and nearly drooling now. Eisen grabs a tissue from a box on his desk and gives it to Joey, who slowly begins to compose himself, dabbing the saliva off of his lower lip and chin. JM: “Look man, I CAN’T be drug tested, Eric. It won’t go well; I can promise you that.” Eisen nods as though he understands before Joey’s quick temper flares. JM: “He might be the GM, but you’re the BOSS aren’t you?! Don’t let him do this to me. Not now. I’m getting closer to the top every day.” Eisen leans over his desk and lowers his voice, peering into Joey’s yellowing eyes. EE: “I AM the boss, Joey; don’t ever forget that fact. The real question is, am I YOUR boss? Who do you work for?” Joey doesn’t pause or break his gaze, his eyes locked on Eisen’s. JM: “I work for you; for this corporation.” The interim CEO smiles. EE: “Good. That’s exactly what I wanted to hear you say.” They shake hands. EE: “In fact, Joey, why don’t you just start taking whatever you want. Whatever will help you….be….the best you that you can be.” Joey smiles back at him. EE: “I’ve already spoken to the GM and I trust you will be exempt from any testing.” As he pats Minnesota on the shoulder and the segment looks to be on the verge of ending, Eric spots Christian Faith walking through the backstage area just ahead of him and yells out. EE: “Christian!” [CENTER] Photobucket[/CENTER] The big man stops dead in his tracks but doesn’t turn around, preferring instead to make the interim CEO jog down the hallway to talk to him. He is condescending from the word go, very upset that Faith seemingly aligned himself with The Corporation, yet has remained largely invisible over the last three weeks, save for showing up the week after the PPV to try to get a title shot. EE: “So nice to see you, Christian.” Eisen realizes his tone and pulls back. EE: “Mr. Faith, I think that one way or another, you need to decide whether you really want to be a part of this family, the Corporate family….. or whether you want to be on the losing team with everybody else.” Faith doesn’t budge, not even turning his head to acknowledge Eisen. Not a single movement. Eisen lets out a slow breath. He is perturbed, but trying to let it show as little as possible. EE: “Fine. Don’t answer me now. Go get ready for your match. But you should know that I won’t wait forever for your answer.” He shortens the distance between himself and Faith and puts his hand on the bigger man’s shoulder, drawing the first movement from Faith, a glare at Eric’s hand on his shoulder. EE: “…and also know that things are already in the works, both benefiting you if you join The Corporation, or…..not benefiting you, should you decline my invitation.” Faith looks him in the eye but remains silent before starting off down the hallway, not once looking back as Eric yells after him. EE: “Remember, getting to the top in this business is all about who you know! I’m the boss, Christian; the goddamned boss! Grade: A* [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket [/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Joey Minnesota vs. Thom Barrowman[/CENTER][/B] [B][I]Result: Joey Minnesota wins via pinfall @ 8:44[/I][/B] [I]Peter’s Notes: Joey has another great outing and seems to have started putting together all of the tools that have given him the ‘untapped potential’ tag for so long. Alex Braun has been saying how well he’ d been working with Barrowman on the house show circuit, so we decided to use the match up on TV. Good idea again, Brauny; he’s making me feel less worried all the time about drop-off after Flash’s departure. In that respect, people are saying good things about Robert Oxford backstage since his hire, too, so that’s good. Matchwise, Joey gets the most out of his awesome moveset, using his ever expanding assortment of suplexes to complement his looser-than-loose cannon character, which he plays to deranged perfection. At a bit past the six minute mark, Guide begins to mount a rally against Minnesota, scoring with a pair of punches before hitting the ropes and coming off with a huge shoulderblock that only serves to rile up the interim CEO’s newest flunky, sending him into a screaming lather. Barrowman retreats and tries coming off with a second, more solid, shoulderblock, but it is too late as the now glassy-eyed and enraged Minnesota catches him coming off and spikes him into the mat with an oh-so-violent “Empire Spiral”. Eugene Williams’ three count is a mere formality. Grade: B+[/I] We are treated to a hype video for the Thirty Man Supreme Rumble that will take place at “Under Control” that really emphasizes both the anything can happen nature of the match as well as the importance of the order of entrance. It served its purpose well, putting over both the PPV match and tonight’s main event in one very well produced package. Grade: B+ [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket [/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Christian Faith vs. Morpheus vs. Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs. Jack Bruce[/CENTER][/B] [B][CENTER]-Fatal Four Way for #30 in the Supreme Rumble-[/CENTER][/B] [B][I]Result: Jack Bruce wins via pinfall @ 14:03[/I][/B] [I]Peter’s Notes: A huge main event that stands up to what we expected. I would say that it might’ve exceeded my expectations a little bit; Bulldozer Brandon Smith being the weakest link in my mind going in. But Smith blew me away, standing toe-to-toe with three of the SWF’s heaviest hitters and coming out looking like a big, big push is in his future. There is a lot at stake in this match and each man brings their big guns and has them blazing only seconds into the contest. Smith is the link that holds the whole shebang together, being the primary opponent of each of the three other superstars for almost the entire duration of the match. As usual, the entrances are a big focal point, particularly Morpheus’s and Faith’s which take quite a bit of time, what with the logistics involved in each. Bruce’s entrance doesn’t take any extra work, but it sucks up a air bit of time too just because of the amount if heat he is getting and the time he takes to heel it up on his way to the ring. Everything transpires as you might have expected in a match of this magnitude, with the fast start turning itself back a few notches before the grand finale threatens to send the building and those in attendance into orbit. The finish is wrapped up in a bit of controversy, but how could it be an SWF television main event without at least a bit of shenanigans? While Faith and Morpheus continue their njow epic no-sell slugfest on the floor, trading howitzer shot after howitzer shot, Bulldozer Brandon Smith reverses Jack Bruce’s irish whip attempt and comes off running, nailing the rock star in the face with a huge high knee. Bruce is much slower to get to his feet than Smith expects and the crowd swells with anticipation when Bulldozer circles around his back and looks like he’s going to move in and slap on his disgustingly effective armbar. But as he seems only seconds from bracing Jack Bruce and, without question, getting the tap out….. [CENTER]Photobucket[/CENTER] ……Tom Gilmore slides under the bottom rope behind Bulldozer and takes two or three seconds to admire his luck at coming in undetected before spiking the North American Champion into the canvas with an “Anger Management” behind referee Jay Fair’s back. Fair feels the motion in the ring and turns back, but is too late to see Gilmore scurry back onto the floor, getting only a clean look at Jack Bruce crawling on top of Bulldozer. He dives into position and slaps the mat three times, calling for the bell right afterward. Faith and Morpheus never look back, battling their way back into the locker rooms, both still fervently no-selling the other’s shots as the bell clangs at ringside. Jack Bruce celebrates wildly, air guitar raging, as Bulldozer begins to stir on the mat, trying to figure out what has happened. PM: “In two weeks at “Under Control”, Jack Bruce will enter the Supreme Rumble dead stinking last; at number thirty.” AG: “That’s got to make him the odds on favorite to win it and get a shot at Sean McFly’s World Heavyweight Title.” Grade: B+ Show Grade: B+[/I] [CENTER]Photobucket [B]Copyright Supreme Sports 2011[/B][/CENTER] [B][CENTER]The Past, Present, and Future of Professional Wrestling[/CENTER][/B] (OOC: Much respect to Fin for the new alts. )

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;593214]Glad the baby is okay, NN, and glad to see your back. Looking forward to the next show![/QUOTE] Thanks BigPapa, I appreciate it. I've certainly seen my fair share of hospitals over the last six months or so. I'm good for a while, I think. It did make me chuckle this morning as I thought about the three or four 'event' type things that have happened and slowed this diary to a crawl since it began. I know that I opened the whole deal by saying the diary was an homage to my two favorite writers on the board, J-Silver and Monkeypox. I just didn't think it would curse me to a posting pace similar to theirs. :D;)

Archived