This may be a far out idea..

One thing that I keep coming back to is the idea that besides TV shows and PPVs, why should you have to chose how long a show should be? I would assume that it would still be easy enough for the cpu to figure out if you are running the correct match ratio. It seems like I always have too many matches that I think will be high rated and I want them to get some extra time, or the oppostie: I have a card that will set up the next few cards, but may not be rated that high. What's everyone's opinion on this?

Either way I don't think I quite get the point. If Rodzilla's interpretation is what's meant, then it's not so much up to you how long shows and PPV's run. It's dependent on the amount time the broadcast outlet gives you. You can ask for more or less. But they get the final say. If 1PWfan is closer, then I see it as a matter of structure and budgeting. A venue will want more rent if you are going to run every one of your men flat out every show and take four or five hours than if you are going to run one hour. Also by having to work with limited time, you have to juggle everyone's personality's more. How easy would this game be if you had unlimited mic and ring time to promise to every member of the roster every show.

It's a simple enough suggestion, and I get the point behind it, but I don't think it's really necessary. Like cappyboy said, the venue would probably want to know how long you'd need to use it for, and charge you accordingly. Looking at it from a real life bookers point of view, you're not going to book a venue, turn up, and THEN start booking matches. You'd have the matches booked before hand, so you'd know how long you needed the venue for. I can see the merit in the suggestion, I just don't think it's needed. If you want a longer show, make the show longer ¬_¬ What might be a nice addition, is being able to change the length of events on the booking screen (where you choose the venue?). If you've booked a three hour event to incorporate an hour-long Ironman match, and one of your Ironmen misses the show due to traffic problems, it's really annoying. You have to give Air Attack Weasel and Too Hot thirty minutes in the opener because they're the only people with enough stamina to fill the gap, and that's AFTER you've given the other matches as much time as they can realistically last. And nobody wants to see thirty minutes of Too Hot. ¬_¬ Not that that just happened or anything...

Archived