The SuperBowl **Spoilers**

mjdgoldeneye

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;367790]Last pick AND no superbowl ring? Exactly how are you looking forward to it may I ask?[/QUOTE]Pats forfeit their last pick, BUT they get the seventh pick in the draft from someone (49ers?), so they're ok I think. Like my avatar? Thank MJD for the inspiration. :D

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;367794]In a lot of ways, 42 was a greater talent mismatch and the national sports media really never gave the G-men a chance. Granted there were no "guaranteed victories" or anything like that, but putting a blemish on a perfect season at the Super Bowl I think allows it to rank right up there with number 3.[/QUOTE] Theres no real league mismatch. Back then NFL vs. AFL was like NFL vs. CFL or European Footbal today. It wasn't just the Jets that didn't stand a chance, but the entire AFL. I will say it was a fantastic game.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;367760]The Undefeated New England Patriots are defeated by the New York Giants. Final Score: 17-14 MVP: Eli Manning Discuss![/QUOTE] THANK GOD. If for nothing else, Eli deserved the MVP for that fantastic scramble that saved them the game. Man, the second that completion for the touchdown happened, huge celebration here. I'm so thankful New England lost this game.

[QUOTE=Astil;367787]Great movie. People are calling this the "greatest upset in football". (Not on here, just venting...) Super Bowl 3 anyone?[/QUOTE] Were the Colts 18-0? :rolleyes: Maybe greatest upset in the NFL, at least in the last 30 years. Boise State over Oklahoma Appalachian State over Michigan They, in my opinion, were bigger upsets, but were also less "important". There were final plays that were upsets in and of themselves too, like Flutie and B.C. over Miami and Stanford v. Cal...

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;367794]In a lot of ways, 42 was a greater talent mismatch and the national sports media really never gave the G-men a chance. Granted there were no "guaranteed victories" or anything like that, but putting a blemish on a perfect season at the Super Bowl I think allows it to rank right up there with number 3.[/QUOTE]It's too difficult to compare the two, in my opinion. The game was completely different then, as was the amount of media hype. Regardless, this will go down as not just a huge win for the Giants, but an epic FAIL for the Patriots.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;367802]Were the Colts 18-0? :rolleyes: Maybe greatest upset in the NFL, at least in the last 30 years. Boise State over Oklahoma Appalachian State over Michigan They, in my opinion, were bigger upsets, but were also less "important". There were final plays that were upsets in and of themselves too, like Flutie and B.C. over Miami and Stanford v. Cal...[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=nZane;367804]It's too difficult to compare the two, in my opinion. The game was completely different then, as was the amount of media hype. Regardless, this will go down as not just a huge win for the Giants, but an epic FAIL for the Patriots.[/QUOTE] Both great points. App. State ftw!

I wonder who the Jets will throw their first round draft pick away to this year? If you don't know, They have a history of trash choices..... picking Mike Nugent in the second round just a few years back.... A KICKER!!! Luckily the waterboy seems to be a safe shoo-in for the Fins this year.

[QUOTE=Trell;367761]AHHHHHH. I am so pissed off at the patriots right now, we had that game won till stupid Ellis Hobbs mad a bad read on the play and let plaxico burress into the endzone wide open. I am about to go down the my basement and beat the crap out of my heavy bag......AHHHHHHHHHHH stupid patriots.[/QUOTE] Dude that was NOT Hobbs' fault; it was Bellicheck's. Ridiculous play calling. They left Hobbs who's, what, 2-foot-nothing, one-one-one with 6'5" Plax. With no inside help on a slant/-go, it was a touchdown before the snap was even made. And, to all the people/analysts who said that we couldn't: [LIST=1] [*]Make the playoffs [*]Make it past the wildcard round [*]Beat the Cowboys [*]Beat the Pack, "particularly in freezing conditions" [*]Pull off "the 'greatest upset' in the history of the Superbowl", [/LIST] I have just one word: [B][SIZE="5"]Ha![/SIZE][/B] Quoth The Raven Nevermore

[QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;367807]I wonder who the Jets will throw their first round draft pick away to this year? If you don't know, They have a history of trash choices..... picking Mike Nugent in the second round just a few years back.... A KICKER!!! Luckily the waterboy seems to be a safe shoo-in for the Fins this year.[/QUOTE] Bill Parcells, remember him? :-P

Seeing as I live in LA, I, like most Agelenos are disgruntled at out lack of a team. But I'm a Chargers and Jets fan, and I'm glad that at least it was a team from New York who got the win. I rooted for the Pats against, the Rams, but here I was totally against them. And oh, so many cliches... "Too much of a good thing..." "Don't count your chickens before they hatch..." "Nothing lasts forever..." "PATS SUCK!!!"

This was not that big of an upset if you actually THINK about it. They played 5 weeks ago and it was a 3 point game. The Giants actually led 28-16 at one point during the game. So while in the (small)minds of the (so-called)experts it was a huge upset, in fact, it was a mild upset.

So, I could go on about how was was going to do it all along....but that wouldn't be nice. I don't know about all of you but that was the game of the year. Also to all of you Pats fans, wasn't that the biggest waste of a season for you guys every? I told you so!!!!! One last thing.......Cheaters never win.......G-Men walking tall....back to back Manning Rings!!! Also wont the game against Cowboys, when it mattered... at there dome! We kicked the ****s out of Greenbay when it mattered....in there house!!! O yeah and we beat the PATS when it ****ing mattered and stopped the streak!!!!!! WHO'S BETTER THE NE???? THE GIANTS ARE THAT IS!!!

[QUOTE=nZane;367813]So what's everyone's thoughts on Belichick leaving the field before the game was completely over? I didn't think much of it at the time, but surfing around a few other boards, I'm apparently alone in that regard.[/QUOTE] In my opinion, you just don't do that... ever. You stick around as a sign of respect if nothing else. Frankly, I'm too elated to care, but it did smack a little of poor sportsmanship. Quoth The Raven Nevermore

[QUOTE=machinesxe;367817]You knew it was coming!!![/QUOTE]Hey, as a true sports fan (ie: not a bandwagonner), this is as good as it gets. I had it last year with the Colts and the previous fall with the Cardinals winning the World Series. It's one hell of a feeling to know that the team you've cheered on and on and paid a good deal of money to (attending games, buying memorabilia, etc) has climbed to the top of the mountain.

All this did was increase the hate I have as a sports fan for New York a little more, and it replaced some of my hate for New England with a gleeful pity. This might sound wrong but I wish that Boston and New York would go at least 50 years without ever seeing another championship game in any sport

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;367818]Oh we did, in fact outlaw and I were IM'ing about it in the third quarter.[/QUOTE] Sorry this is the only online community i visit almost everyday and I remember back in augst everyone ragged on me for the giants hopes and dreams.....But hell anything can happen on any given Sunday......and this time it was our chance to shine and I can't wait to go to training came and holla at my team!!!

[QUOTE=nZane;367821]To add on to this, I still maintain that you drafting Toomer as high as you did was an absolute joke! :p[/QUOTE] I respect that. Hell it was my first FF league and I've never been good because I would have bet 100 buck on Giants tonight if someone wanted to(IM ASS BROKE) I am a backer of my team and anyone on it. I just joined the manning bandwagon after the cowboys game though because he finally pulled through and stepped it up) I am so freaking happy!

Archived