C-verse Virgin!!!

Hi. Before I joined this forum I was incredibly naive and ignorant to C-verse and couldn't get my head round the appeal of booking "fake" characters who I'd never heard of. However, reading the various topics on here whilst bored at work, the majority of enthusiasm seems to be directed to C-verse games and very little on the real world sims. I would still class myself as a newbie to TEW and obviously a complete virgin to C-verse, my question is, what would be the best C-verse fed to get my feet wet with? I've read that SWF is a bit of a headache even to experienced players and I think I'd rather just get a game going I can build for a few years game time and look back on with fondness. Then maybe I can contribute more to the forum discussions than newbie questions and a polite "cheers" to those kind enough to respond. :)

[QUOTE=Bunglerana;372968]Hi. Before I joined this forum I was incredibly naive and ignorant to C-verse and couldn't get my head round the appeal of booking "fake" characters who I'd never heard of. However, reading the various topics on here whilst bored at work, the majority of enthusiasm seems to be directed to C-verse games and very little on the real world sims. I would still class myself as a newbie to TEW and obviously a complete virgin to C-verse, my question is, what would be the best C-verse fed to get my feet wet with? I've read that SWF is a bit of a headache even to experienced players and I think I'd rather just get a game going I can build for a few years game time and look back on with fondness. Then maybe I can contribute more to the forum discussions than newbie questions and a polite "cheers" to those kind enough to respond. :)[/QUOTE] My vote would be one of the smaller feds Like MAW or NYCW if you like traditional wrestling, ala NWA mid 80's CZCW or 4C if you prefer more modern high flying or ROF for pure mat wrestling and no angles. Any of them have a small manageable roster that can "get your feet wet" without having to run a lot of storylines or book a bunch of shows a month and as they grow you can get more and more of a feel for various wrestlers.

You need to decide what kind of promotion you'd like to run, and where you want to work. I'm from the UK and I wanted to work with a promotion based there. I prefer actual wrestling to running angles and storylines, so I chose ROF. I actually think the UK is also a good starting point for a C-verse game because with worker restrictions on, you have a much smaller starting pool of talent, so you get to know it better. On the flip side, its pretty talentless on the whole! :D Every one that answers will give a different answer, but it really depends on what type of game you want. If you want to get your feet wet in the C-verse, a lot of people recommend MAW, because there are a few angles but it's predominantly wrestling based and you get to try out quite a few of the younger workers. If you like a faster-paced, more modern product with mainly in-ring work prominent, go with CZCW (if you want an American promotion) or 4C (if you want a Canadian). Of course, all those I mentioned are pretty small promotions, so you also have to decide if you want to start small and build it up (which will probably be better if you're looking for a long-term game) or if you want to start with a heavyweight. I'll let others put forth their suggestions. But mine would simply be to choose the size and type of promotion you'd ideally like to book for, and then find the nearest Cornellverse promotion to suit. And I hope you get into the C-verse...it's really rewarding once you get stuck in and get to know the characters and promotions.

[QUOTE=Marcel Fromage;372975]And I hope you get into the C-verse...it's really rewarding once you get stuck in and get to know the characters and promotions.[/QUOTE] Agreed. Until you understand the jokes about the Stones and Big Smack Scott, you'll probably never quite feel at home here :p And welcome - the CV can always stand another player. We're pretty fond of Adam's work, by and large. If only there were a few more women around who could carry the business beyond 2010... ;) As a starting point, I'll endorse everything said above, with the added proviso that for the newcomer it's probably best to avoid the women's feds until you have more of a sense of what's going on. BOSC on principle and AAA as a concept can be difficult to grasp until you've had your fill of what else is on offer in the CVerse.

When I first started playing Adam's professionally-made wrestling games with TEW 05, my first game was with TCW, and I would suggest that that is a pretty good promotion to start out with. Obviously, it's much larger than a MAW or CZCW or anything in England so there's a bit more to keep track of. But I find that it's really not too difficult to book successfully. And I would also suggest that there are some real advantages to starting out with a larger promotion, especially TCW: You have access to a large pool of workers, and workers of any style can do well in TCW. This means that you, as a player, can experiment with booking workers with different styles, different abilities, and different levels of popularity against one another and get a better sense of what it takes to come up with a highly rated match and how to arrange matches on a card to come up with the best show possible. With a smaller promotion, you'll be limited in the number and variety of workers you can sign, and in general you won't be able to work with the best wrestlers the CVerse has to offer. With TCW, you get to book a weekly show and monthly PPVs. This, in combination with the diversity of workers you have available, allows you the opportunity to experiment with different ways to try and get workers over and to try and develop workers' skills. It's much more difficult to play around with these game features in a smaller promotion because you'll generally only be able to afford to put on one show per month and all of the workers you have access to will be at around the same level. You can't see what happens when you book a young, unknown, and modestly skilled wrestler in a program with a talented and well known veteran in MAW because you can't sign a talented and well-known veteran to MAW. (Of course, this also means you have to keep track of TV and PPV contracts, but that's not hard to do. The eye will tell you when they're running out. Plus, it allows you to learn how to manage that part of the game.) Additionally, TCW is an excellent promotion to use in order to experiment with booking angles and storylines. I might suggest altering TCW's default match ratio to 80% at first. That better allows for the use of angles, but doesn't require the use of storylines. However, you'll have the opportunity to run storylines if you choose to and will be able to see how they work and how they can get workers over. With a national sized promotion, your workers will be signed to written contracts and can't be stolen from you at the drop of a hat. You can do whatever you want to them by way of experimentation and don't have to worry about losing them to one of the larger promotions. Also, your workers will be exclusive to you under their written contracts and will always be available to work any show you schedule. This means that you don't have to monitor the other PPA contracts of every worker on your roster, and you don't have to monitor the schedules of a whole bunch of other promotions to know when your workers will be available to you and when they will be working for other companies. That part of running a smaller promotion takes some getting used to. With TCW, money is no object. You can sign whomever you want and however many workers you want, and you don't have to worry about driving the company out of business. This provides leeway for experimentation not available with a smaller, less financially secure promotion. Finally, TCW is the only promotion in which you can book Tommy Cornell. Seriously, just put Cornell against anyone in your main event and you'll be fine. So, for someone who's trying to get a feel for how the game works, I think TCW is an excellent starting point. It gave me a great sense of how to put on a good match, build a good card, develop a worker's skills, and get a worker over. In my opinion, the best way to approach the game is to first learn how booking works--and, as you can tell, I think TCW is great for that. Once you have a feel for the booking aspect of the game, it's a lot of fun to challenge yourself with tougher promotions where you'll have to worry about scheduling issues, money issues, protecting your workers and the like.

Thanks, some great responses here. I think because I'm still learning TEW I'm gonna stick with a small company and see how it goes. I'm not a fan of sports entertainment so I can't see myself ever bothering with SWF but Lt. Lucrativo made a creat case for TCW. That may very well be the next fed I try. As for now I'm gonna go for CZCW. There's some cool characters on the roster and it's small and manageable. Plus, all the surfin on the south west coast fits in nicely with my new found enjoyment for ska-punk!! :D

[QUOTE=Marcel Fromage;372975]You need to decide what kind of promotion you'd like to run, and where you want to work. [/QUOTE] exactly. Personally I'm not fond of playing as SE feds even though I've run and been involved with e-feds and the creative side like storylines and such and while it's fun, for me it's different in TEW. I just can't really bring myself to play as those promotions. I like playing promotions like NOTBPW where for me it's about putting on more RoH kind of matches, finding chemistry and getting my guys over by having athletic matches vs playing up the "sports-entertainment" side. Putting on submission matches and iron man matches not as gimmicks, but simply because my workers can actually do it.

[QUOTE=Jonfun;374730]whats remi's product?[/QUOTE] At this point some one should just sticky the thread with Remi's product in it because it gets referenced a lot. [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25269"]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25269[/URL]

[QUOTE=sabataged;374737]Basically you can be putting on B shows with CZCW pretty much right off the bat.[/QUOTE] Not sure about B I've tested it out with CZCW's base product and Remi's product and I've been able to pull off C+ shows from the get go with both products. Usually a B- Main event with a C+ secnodary main event even with great chemistry.

Archived