A clarification on a new feature please...

Adam's calirvoyant... [QUOTE=Adam Ryland]To answer a question that I'm sure will be asked, the in-game 07-08 converter handles the combining of the two files automatically, including generating the relationships.[/QUOTE] Funny what happens when your read the WHOLE post, isn't it?

Wait, this means I've been infringing on Adam's gimmick every now and then, and not really been called up on it. I guess I wasn't sarcastic enough :P Anywho, on this issue - if there's any way an active game can be continued from 07 to 08, all my dreams would have come true. Me and Minister Whitey have so much good history in our game that it would be a sad day to have to start over again. I don't know about the actual feasibilities of the system, but certainly I would think a lot of the features could cross over easy enough - for the things going from checkboxes/templates to sliders it's just a matter of basic values (anything the player specifically feels needs changing he can do it himself in the editor), a "zero" for non-use and a positive value (say 50) for a tick, and the perrsonality templates will probably have correlating figures already from importing databases... So yeah, if the conversion process is at all possible for an active game, that would be the greatest thing ever.

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;382845]So yeah, if the conversion process is at all possible for an active game, that would be the greatest thing ever.[/QUOTE] There is absolutely zero chance of that happening. There is so much that would be missing or set up incorrectly that it wouldn't even be worth attempting.

Thank you very much. That's exactly why I wanted to check because I pretty much want my database to start with DOTT and go through to the modern era and I figure there will be a lot of new stuff to have to adjust anyway and wanted to get the basics out of the way. Thank you. By the way, I gave the game a big plug on my show at Figure Four Online recently and I will again when the new game comes out.

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;383073]Fair enough. A man can dream :P[/QUOTE] If it's any comfort, I suspect I'll be editing all the data for my MAW dynasty into a special database for it - all the relevant stuff, anyhow. May do the same for Ring of Fire, as that's nearing five years already it might be a bit too much.

Archived