Giant Haystacks: A True British Legend

Thursday, Week 3, August 1983 I arrived back in London ready to defend my Great British Heavyweight title and drove up to Edinburgh. When I arrived at the arena I discovered I was facing none other than.... Big Daddy! [B]Thursday - JPUK North Tour[/B] This was a regular match for the GB Heavyweight Title. I offered Big Daddy a test of strength and won. I attempted a bodyslam but he slipped out. He also tried a bodyslam but this time I slipped out. I hit a backbreaker, a rear seated back kick and stomped on him twice for good measure. He avoided a knee drop, raked his fingers across my eyes and landed a clubbing blow. He then mirrored my previous action by stomping on me twice. I slipped out of a grounded armbar, backbreakered him and hit four stomps. We then countered each others moves for at least thirty seconds until he forearmed me in the back of the head once, twice, three times, four times but I countered the fifth with a slap to his chest. The matchup was now in the twenty second minute and once again went back and forth. George Gillette then distracted Big Daddy and I got a definitive edge. I locked him in the Atlas Bearhug... Unsuccesful. He came back with a forearm flurry and refused to sell my punches. He hit the Big Daddy Splash 1...2... George Gillette pulled the referee from the ring. He bodyslammed me but I got a second wind and motioned for him to try harder. He whipped me and the ref was knocked out cold. I took advantage by landing the lowblow and threw the former champ over the ropes. He scouted a stomp and ran for a Bellybutt but I countered with a Giant Samoan Drop onto a chair! He fought back but Gillette distracted him and got banned from ringside by the ref who was now awake. I bodyslammed him to the floor and the fiftieth minute rolled around! I rolled him back into the ring I hit a second lowblow and the ref threatened to disqualify me. Taking no notice I hit the Giant Haysplash. The ref had no choice but to give Big Daddy a medical DQ . After a fifty two minute titanic battle I had beaten my rival to the point where he could no longer stand! Match Rating: B My feud with Big Daddy ends 2-0 in my favour. Let that be a lesson to anyone who crosses the Giant!

Archived