WCW 2008-Eric Bischoff at it again

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was actually kind of excited to see a new WCW diary.... and then I started to read it.... and then I thought to myself "hmmm...." and then I farted... and lost track of what I was doing cause it was so putrid... then I saw the poopypants comment and thought I was back in elementary school and chuckled... then I was no longer interested in a WCW diary.... WCW uninteresting since 1999... and still going

I remember when he said that a match got an A- in one of his diaries, was called on it, and he said it was an A+. And him wondering the "difference" between A+ and A*... I knew he wasn't using TEW. I wonder if he even owns the game. Or knows that it exists. Or has a brain.

Alright I admit to just by chance glancing at this and if I understand ADeez is obviously NOT playing the game and is just writing this out of his head. my question... is Why? I consider myself an intelligent person but it boggles my mind why someone would do this. I just can't wrap my head around it. I don't get it. Whats the explanation? OH and if I was this editor mistaken.... dude... you should be a little annoyed if not PO'd. I would be. That's on you though, forgiveness is divine! Just if SOMEONE could maybe try to explain to me why this person is not enjoying the gameplay and is just using his not very imaginative mind... I just don't get it. I don't even know if there is something to get... maybe he is just one lonely bored dude. If that is the case though BUY THE GAME it will take literally HOURS AND HOURS away of this boredom. I PROMISE!!!!

It's not really the fact that he's not playing the game that bothers me. I've seen people do a dynasty out of their head, usually it's very good. The sad part is that you are trying to lie to us and say that you are running it in game. Just say straight up that you are running this from your head and nobody would have a problem with it probably. No need to lie.

[QUOTE=maskedpropaganda;395186]Alright I admit to just by chance glancing at this and if I understand ADeez is obviously NOT playing the game and is just writing this out of his head. my question... is Why? I consider myself an intelligent person but it boggles my mind why someone would do this. I just can't wrap my head around it. I don't get it. Whats the explanation? OH and if I was this editor mistaken.... dude... you should be a little annoyed if not PO'd. I would be. That's on you though, forgiveness is divine! Just if SOMEONE could maybe try to explain to me why this person is not enjoying the gameplay and is just using his not very imaginative mind... I just don't get it. I don't even know if there is something to get... maybe he is just one lonely bored dude. If that is the case though BUY THE GAME it will take literally HOURS AND HOURS away of this boredom. I PROMISE!!!![/QUOTE] If you don't like the diary fine, but I find this a little patronising. I myself had a diary which (although started off as a game, TEW 05, when the game got wiped when my computer was repaired) was then done from imagination, and it was pretty well received (DOTM winner and 20k+ views). The reason behind doing it this way is, for me, I was playing the game to make the diary, rather than the other way around, which meant the however long booking the shows was wasted time and putting me off wanting to do the diary, as each show took, I on't know, hour and a half rather than an hour. Add to that I was doing a (admittedly recent) historical mod, 97, where Kane & Undertaker and Rock & Austin had zero chemistry, it shortened a lot of my options. I agree pretending is a bit weird, and I'm not a fan of this diary myself, but just because you wouldn't do a diary without TEW doesn't make it wrong. In fact, I enjoy the freedom to put together a show and be as creative as I like without the shackles of fitting it around a game. If anything, I think my diary improved once I stopped using TEW. In addition to this, just because you like TEW this much doesn't mean everyone will. I enjoy it for a couple of months gametime but lose interest after that. It's a very, very good game, I don't think that can really be debated, I wouldn't personally advise "BUY THE GAME it will take literally HOURS AND HOURS away of this boredom. I PROMISE!!!!" because for me it doesn't take literally HOURS AND HOURS away of this "boredom". Does that help you see the other side of the coin?

Keefmoon, I think the general outrage is because he pretended to be using TEW, and wouldn't admit that he wasn't when he got called on it. I would have no problem if he just said that this was straight from his (extremely limited) imagination. Hell, most of what's in a diary comes from a person's imagination, anyway. But he's insulting Adam and the TEW community by pretending to play the game.

[QUOTE=keefmoon;395321]If you don't like the diary fine, but I find this a little patronizing. I myself had a diary which (although started off as a game, TEW 05, when the game got wiped when my computer was repaired) was then done from imagination, and it was pretty well received (DOTM winner and 20k+ views). The reason behind doing it this way is, for me, I was playing the game to make the diary, rather than the other way around, which meant the however long booking the shows was wasted time and putting me off wanting to do the diary, as each show took, I on't know, hour and a half rather than an hour. Add to that I was doing a (admittedly recent) historical mod, 97, where Kane & Undertaker and Rock & Austin had zero chemistry, it shortened a lot of my options. I agree pretending is a bit weird, and I'm not a fan of this diary myself, but just because you wouldn't do a diary without TEW doesn't make it wrong. In fact, I enjoy the freedom to put together a show and be as creative as I like without the shackles of fitting it around a game. If anything, I think my diary improved once I stopped using TEW. In addition to this, just because you like TEW this much doesn't mean everyone will. I enjoy it for a couple of months gametime but lose interest after that. It's a very, very good game, I don't think that can really be debated, I wouldn't personally advise "BUY THE GAME it will take literally HOURS AND HOURS away of this boredom. I PROMISE!!!!" because for me it doesn't take literally HOURS AND HOURS away of this "boredom". Does that help you see the other side of the coin?[/QUOTE] No not really, it doesn't really help me see the other side of the coin as your points were already seen - and it wasn't only meant to be patronizing to the dishonesty of it all. I have run wrestling federations using other methods like dice, and before I found the COTG game mechanics, when I was younger simply used paper and imagination. I wasn't downing the diary because I haven't read it. I am sorry you don't enjoy TEW as much as most of us. That sucks and I am sure you can find other ways to take away your boredom - I wish you luck with it. I haven't read any of your previously mentioned diaries using the game or without. I have no opinion of them other then I am glad you enjoyed creating them. Maybe I mis spoke about the points I was trying to make as Haynes seemed to say it better afterwards - it was just the lying that bothered me as it bothered you and as it bothered most. I DO stick with my statement that it takes HOURS AND HOURS away from this boredom - like you from personal experience disagree with this - I from personal experience find this completely factual.

I did say in my post I thought pretending it was TEW was weird (although "outrage" and "insult" seem a bit strong in my opinion). Also, it wasn't the fact that TEW has given you hours and hours of pleasure, it was that you promised it would do the same for other people when it's not neccessarily the case. And it's not that I don't like TEW either, I do, but more as a thing to do every now again for a bit of fun. For example, I'll probably buy 08, but I won't rush to get it. I don't personally think it sucks I don't like it. I adore Southend United, which I'm sure you don't, but it doesn't suck for you (if anything it sucks for me!). I'm not bored too often as I have a very hectic life so TEW is a bit of fun every now and again, whereas I used to find TEW 05 as enthralling as you do. I play as TCW, WCW93, WWF97 etc for a while but the game loses my interest when it's played as much as a diary requires it to be. I still stand by what I said- my favourite part of diary writing is the creativity and the opportunity to build things and people. I think this can be accomplished more easily (and in a less time consuming way) without the game. I'd also like to add, just so it's abundantly clear to avoid the sort of misunderstanding I think Akki had with what I said, that my message was in response to maskedpropogandas views on writing a diary without TEW in general, not about ADeezy's decision to fake playing TEW, which I think was another pretty damaging-to-his-reputation thing to do.

this thread is cracking me up! so take the following smart A- comments for their comedic value [QUOTE]WRONG POOPYPANTS! You can only set match ratios in 10% increments.[/QUOTE] I knew i smelled something but i thought it was smoke. [QUOTE]I'd also like to add, just so it's abundantly clear to avoid the sort of misunderstanding I think Akki had with what I said, that my message was in response to maskedpropogandas views on writing a diary without TEW in general, not about ADeezy's decision to fake playing TEW, which I think was another pretty damaging-to-his-reputation thing to do.[/QUOTE] so interm of TEW hell have a G* reputation now? it's a grade i looked it up, really! [QUOTE] OH and if I was this editor mistaken.... dude... you should be a little annoyed if not PO'd. I would be. That's on you though, forgiveness is divine![/QUOTE] you obviously don't know how i became the editor. last time one of these diaries went side ways like this i volunteered. [B]why?[/B] the boy got so flustered he slung a string of obscenities at phantom stranger. that's cool stranger really did deserve it. but the string made absolutely zero sense. i figured any one that can't cuss in a straight line needs some help. so if it's all fake the only person who's hurt is adeezy, doesn't change the fact that his grammar really has gotten better and he's only started 2 diaries this month instead of a new one every other day. so how ever you account it, I think helping him has had at least some success in keeping him from trolling this board! with all that said, i hope Adeezy does return, because nothing beats the entertainment value he provides.

Archived