World of Wrestling (Real World)

I've decided to go for the holy grail one more time. While I was helping Panix set up a real world mod for WS2 I caught the fever again, and I'm going into this 110%. I've looked back at my previous attempt at a real world mod and I've seen where I went wrong, and I'm coming into this attempt knowing what works and what doesn't work. I've got an Excel spreadsheet filled up with the entire WWE roster this time, sorted by where I think they should be on the card, and then assigned everybody popularities by that. Then I can put their major stats in once I get them in the game so that I can have something to compare workers and make sure that there are no anomalies in my stats. So I'm going to be very thorough this time around to make sure that there is as close to 100% accuracy as possible. I've also come into the movesets at a different angle. I imported all the non-trademark moves from the CornellVerse so that there is already 737 moves at my disposal. Then for variations of workers moves I can just copy and then slightly edit moves already established in the database, which will cut down on time a lot. I also imported the CornellVerse pictures for all these moves, so they will all have a picture representation, not just the picture of one guy standing over another. All the trademark moves will have their real life picture to go along with them for added realism as well. So far I've got WWE's shows, events, titles, and then some default movesets to use as a template for everybody else's. I also added Vince McMahon to the game to give WWE their owner right off the bat. So here goes nothing. I've decided to tackle this thing with what I think is a solid gameplan, and if nothing else I can get a solid base built up so that the real world is at least playable in WS2. I'm open to suggestions and general ideas, wish me luck.

I made some pretty good progress yesterday, I got everything completely set up where I can just do workers and movesets until I'm done with WWE. I got 8 people in the database complete with their full movesets. And these are the ones that will probably take the longest because I'm starting with the most popular wrestlers, the lower guys will likely take a lot less time. Once I get sixteen people I might start up a round robin tournament over in the dynasty section. And I've watched several exhibition matches, and I've got to say that I'm loving how they are turning out, the matches play out very realistically, and since this is based on kayfabe John Cena is very hard to beat, so that plays out just like in real life. Here's the list of people that I put in yesterday: Vince McMahon John Cena Triple H The Undertaker Shawn Michaels Randy Orton Batista Edge

I've got some more people added to the data, and I thought I would show what the pictures are going to be for the game. I thought I would do the border because they are easier to keep updated and you can find action shots of smaller wrestlers much easier than posed ones. [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WOW/Edge.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WOW/ChrisJericho.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WOW/Batista.jpg[/IMG]

I've just got a couple more people to do so that I can have a big round robin tournament, so look for that in the next couple of days. The last few days I've added a few people, but it was mostly spent perfecting the movesets. The top guys are taking awhile to do, but once I get to the lesser known people I won't have to go into nearly as much detail as the top ones so it will go a lot faster.

Alright, I'm topping off the movesets and the stats for the sixteen guys I want in the tournament I'm going to be running, and it should be really good. It will be round robin so everybody will have at least 3 matches so that I can get a good gauge of if I need to tweek stats. I'll post the list of the sixteen people when I get the tournament up and running, but I'll work on it tonight while I'm watching Raw. But to give an update on the mod, after I finish off the sixteen guys in the tournament, there should be about 20 complete characters in the mod. That includes movesets, stats, bios, popularity, pictures....everything. So that's a large chunk of the big people in WWE. There are only about 60-70 wrestlers, the rest are just people I can give non-wrestler movesets to, so that works out nicely. But look for that tournament to pop up in the next day or two.

At least I'm trying to put something out. I've learned that working in groups doesn't work well, no more than a month ago we had a team working on it....that lasted all of a week. Then last time I got WWE done and sent it to Woodsmeiser to do ROH, never heard from that again. If you think you can get it done be my guest. If you read back the begining, I've learned a lot from those two failed mod attempts, and I'm coming at this one from a whole new angle. On the first two I was completely unorganized and was pretty much winging it as I went. This time I've got everything already set up before I put it in the game. I can see the concern you have, and I can't make any promises that this will make it any further than the other dozens of attempts at a WS2 real world mods, but at least I'm trying.

I really wish I had the time to offer more then just support buddy. But alas, I really am flat out these days. I think my modding days are over until I attain my goal of being a teacher and thats still a long way off! Its a shame I really felt like I could have done the mod, i'm really hoping you can pull it off! Good luck buddy and keep the faith! rome wasn't built in a day.

[QUOTE=panix04;394518]I really wish I had the time to offer more then just support buddy. But alas, I really am flat out these days. I think my modding days are over until I attain my goal of being a teacher and thats still a long way off! Its a shame I really felt like I could have done the mod, i'm really hoping you can pull it off! Good luck buddy and keep the faith! rome wasn't built in a day.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I wish we could have kept going with the mod that we had going, but it sounds like you are accomplishing a big goal in your life, and I wish you luck with that. Thanks for the support, hopefully I can get something out so that people can enjoy this game even more.

[QUOTE=Woodsmeister;394818]i did most of ROH before but when you stopped i did, i released a diary in the dynasty section, but i dont have the mod now sadly :([/QUOTE] No problem man, I just didn't know you were still working on it. I figured since I hadn't heard from you that you were done, and that kind of added to me being done as well, just some bad communication, nothing else.

Haven't said anything in the last couple of days here, but I'm still adding a couple of workers per day. If you haven't checked out my round robin tournament in the dynasty section yet you should, and that's where I'll make the majority of my posts about this project until something of note happens with it.

Okay, I've come to my first dilemma, so I thought I would ask you what you all thought. Since you can only have two brands in WS2 I need to think of a way to break them up. But I really want to keep WWE as one company, so here is what I plan on doing, if you have a better idea please post it. [LIST] [*]Have Two Brands [*]The brands would be Raw and Smackdown/ECW [*]To make the showtimes even Raw would have Raw and Heat, while SD/ECW would have Smackdown and ECW. [/LIST] I know that Heat wouldn't really have A list wrestlers on it, but it's the only way I can really see to even things out between the two brands, and is one of the sacrifices to be made for playability over exact realism. What do you all think?

• 3 weeks later...
As many of you have read in some other places, I've become way, way too busy to really devote any time to this at all. I'm about four months away from getting my associates degree at college, and am getting ready to move after that right away to a major university to start working on my bachelor's degree. But I don't want what I've done to go to waste, so if anybody wants to carry on with this thing just tell me and you can have it.

Archived