Promotion Templates?

This is just something I was musing about as I played TEW 07. As much as I love the Product system, I find myself frustrated because when I work on a new promotion, I'm never exactly sure what settings I need to get the kind of promotion I like. Now, since workers have templates that give you a general idea of what kind of wrestler they'll be, could the same be done for promotions with a number of templates that could be used to give a general idea of what kind of promotion you'll get? Kind of like the system we had in TEW05, but editable like in TEW07.

You can look at the default C-Verse promotions, which I believe have the same product as in TEW05, just in 07 terms. So if you want a Cutting Edge product or a Lucha Entertainment product, just find a promotion that has it in 05, then just check it in 07, or if there isn't one, make one in 05 and import it.

[QUOTE=Akki;390636]You can look at the default C-Verse promotions, which I believe have the same product as in TEW05, just in 07 terms. So if you want a Cutting Edge product or a Lucha Entertainment product, just find a promotion that has it in 05, then just check it in 07, or if there isn't one, make one in 05 and import it.[/QUOTE] This is true, BUT I still think it is an excellent suggestion.

I agree with this one. My main gripe with TEW is that everyone's idea of a promotion is different. Like, what I may envision as "Traditional" the game may envision as more "Pure" and vice-versa.. I can never seem to tweak the product enough to where I have it exactly the way I want to book it. Some tweaking to that feature would be great in the next installment ( i think it may be too late for '08) Something like having the game automatically detect what your product is after running a handful of shows. Not every promotion follows the same format every single show. Like for the e's big shows, they have quite a lot of wrestling which wouldn't fly with TEW's current scheme.

I think the product is a key part of the game and dealing with it is also. It might not be possible to have the exact product you want but you will be able to get close. There are so many combinations that it is hard to have tested each and every one of them.

[QUOTE=alden;390733]I think the product is a key part of the game and dealing with it is also. It might not be possible to have the exact product you want but you will be able to get close. There are so many combinations that it is hard to have tested each and every one of them.[/QUOTE] The promotions I run have the exact product I want, in every case. Of course, it took me almost 7 months of tweaking to figure it out (and I realize most people aren't quite as inquisitive as I am). I think folks overcomplicate product. When I set out to find one I preferred, I figured out exactly what I wanted in the product and how much I wanted. So Modern is a key feature as is traditional. I pretty much despise the mainstream tripe so that's out (or extremely limited). Wanted some lucha flavor as well so that was medium. Overall, I wanted the matches rated on the workers' skill so that meant leaving out the overness heavy elements but I had to put at least some Comedy in there to accomodate personalities that may be flamboyant or unusual. It was a process. And once I figured out what my "base" product would be, I then tweaked it for the different types of promotions I run. But as often as product has been complained about, I'd be really surprised if Adam didn't at least take a look at it. How many features currently in the journal were also complained about?

Archived