A few Q's before I buy...

Hello Grey Dog forums, I am really interested in this BBCF game. I tried the demo and really enjoyed it. I searched and read quite a few posts but I didn't find a 100% answer to my questions. The main issue is the licensing. I've heard that you get two licenses and sometimes they can be moved to different computers, etc. I read one post which said that you had to be connected to the internet the first time you play. So here is my situation. I don't have the internet at home (where I'll be playing the game). I will be visiting my dad who has an internet connection this weekend. Can I download the game and license there, put it on my flash drive and then install it on my computer at home without too much trouble? Do I have to install it on my dad's computer (internet enabled) to get the license? I would download it now but the school I work at doesn't allow us to download exe files or install anything on our computers. And I see there are phone orders and CD's available. Would that be better for my situation or do I still have to get the license from a computer with an internet connection? Most of the posts I've read are pretty old. Is support still available for this game? I guess the good thing is that most of the bugs are probably worked out by now. I've also read that a Pro Football game is in the works. Would there be a discount for buying both at once when it is released? And a new College version won't come out right after I buy this version will it? Sorry I'm confused about the license. It just seems much more complicated than what I'm used to (typing in the activation code, and playing the game). Thanks for any help. Fuzzy

To be on the safe side you should probably get the cd. As for support, the bugs are found. If you find one, then Arlie will be on hand to help you. As for a dicount by buying both, I don't think that wll be available. I think Arlie said he would be working on a new college game when he was finished with the pro game, but that would a year or two away.

You can download the game to flash drive and install it on a non-internet PC in that manner. The offline licensing process involves installing the game and following the prompts. It will create a file that you will copy to a disk and bring to an internet enabled PC and submit the file to the website (I believe its [url]www.license.net[/url] ). That will create a new file that you'll bring back to your PC and copy into the box and you'll be all set. The game is still supported. There isn't a release date or a presale date for the pro football game at this time, so there isn't a "bundle" price for them. There will not be a new college version before the pro football game comes out. Hope this helps.

Archived