[TEW 08 Mod] 1992: The Year Of ?

[QUOTE=BurningHamster;412191]Jesus dude, how the heck did you get 880 workers done so damn fast? That's an impressive number for a mod as far back as '92. I'm really looking forward to this.[/QUOTE] I just now realize ive been calling you burninghammer when your name is actually burninghamster. Apologies..

[QUOTE=BurningHamster;412191]Jesus dude, how the heck did you get 880 workers done so damn fast? That's an impressive number for a mod as far back as '92. I'm really looking forward to this.[/QUOTE] There were just as many workers back then as there are now, just alot more people werent aware of, or werent aware still wrestled semi actively. I reckon I added about 100 non workers like announcers and interviewers alone that i didnt see in any of the historical 90's mods

Well I havent gotten a thing from soundsofsilver and he hasent answered any PMs, so his spot for doing alter egos is open I suppose. Also if anyone wants to make some time specific angles or feuds, that would be a big help.

Yeah... I'm not sure how much progress I'm going to make on those. It's not like I've abandoned interest in the project, it's just that I have no time to work on them, even if I was really interested in them. If TEW2008 had come out 2 weeks ago, I still wouldn't have even installed it. I've ended up a lot busier than I anticipated (thankfully with non-stressful, good things, but things that keep me away from solitude on the Internet), so haven't gotten any work done on this. I'm not necessarily sure that that will change either.

what about something like Year of the Next Generation or something like that or even a title that doesn't start with "Year of" as the game goes on for yearS. :D Although with as much as people ask for updates to mods maybe it doesn't :p I know most people care most about the "big 3" so what about a title like "Breaking The Mold" or "Passing The Torch" or "Taking The Reigns" or "Taking Center Stage" because it was the start of a lot of the top guys that are starting to bow out today. New styles were starting to get noticed and big changes were on the horizon. Could to with "Tip Of The Needle" as in 1994 (I know 2 years later) the WWF was on trial for steroid use. How about "Rise Against The Machine" for the fight WCW started putting up. Or the fact that ECW was starting out. Could go an ECW route and go with "Land Of The Xtreme (or Extreme)" Just bouncing ideas so feel free to pick them apart. :D

[QUOTE=bobinc;418806]what about something like Year of the Next Generation or something like that or even a title that doesn't start with "Year of" as the game goes on for yearS. :D Although with as much as people ask for updates to mods maybe it doesn't :p I know most people care most about the "big 3" so what about a title like "Breaking The Mold" or "Passing The Torch" or "Taking The Reigns" or "Taking Center Stage" because it was the start of a lot of the top guys that are starting to bow out today. New styles were starting to get noticed and big changes were on the horizon. Could to with "Tip Of The Needle" as in 1994 (I know 2 years later) the WWF was on trial for steroid use. How about "Rise Against The Machine" for the fight WCW started putting up. Or the fact that ECW was starting out. Could go an ECW route and go with "Land Of The Xtreme (or Extreme)" Just bouncing ideas so feel free to pick them apart. :D[/QUOTE] I think mod names are pretty trivial, as obvious by my last mod titled DECEMBER 2000. those are all good names though. Im going to be taking this completed 1992 mod and doing 1991, and 1990, and down the line 1994, and 1995, and so on. I think this current base is solid and comprehensive enough to get a number of good year based mods to stem from it.

Also, I probably wont have this done as soon as I planned, certinally not by the release date. I was anticipating Adam releasing the editor sooner, but and from reading the journal, theres more and more new stuff that would need time to be set.

Archived