WCW: The Revolution Begins...Again

[CENTER][QUOTE][B]Last WCW Pay-Per-View [I]Event:[/I] WCW StarrCade 1997 [I]Date:[/I] December 28, 1997 [I]Location:[/I] Washington, D.C. [I]Arena:[/I] MCI Center [I]Attendance:[/I] 17,500 [I]World Cruiserweight Title Match:[/I] Eddie Guerrero pinned Dean Malenko (14:57) to retain the title....The nWo (Randy Savage, Scott Norton, and Vincent) defeated Ray Traylor, Rick and Scott Steiner (11:06) when Savage pinned Scott....Bill Goldberg pinned Steve McMichael (5:59)....[I]No Disqualification Match:[/I] Saturn defeated Chris Benoit (10:50) via submission in a "no DQ" match....Buff Bagwell pinned Lex Luger (16:36)....[I]United States Heavyweight Title Match:[/I] Diamond Dallas Page pinned Curt Hennig (10:52) to win the title....[I]Control for Monday NITRO:[/I] Larry Zbysko (WCW) defeated Eric Bischoff (nWo) (11:12) by Disqualification in a match for control of Monday Nitro. [I]Bret Hart was the guest referee[/I]....[I]World Heavyweight Title Match:[/I] Sting defeated Hulk Hogan (12:54) via submission to win the title. Courtesy of [url]http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/wcw/wcwstar.htm[/url][/B][/QUOTE][/CENTER] ... [CENTER][QUOTE][B]Last WCW Monday Nitro [I]December 29, 1997:[/I] Bill Goldberg pinned Glacier...Chris Benoit defeated Hammer...Ultimo Dragon defeated Eddy Guerrero to win the World Cruiserweight Title...United States Champion, Diamond Dallas Page pinned Mortis...Booker T. pinned Disco Inferno to win the World Television Title...Curt Hennig pinned Chris Jericho...Lex Luger defeated Buff Bagwell...Sting and Hollywood Hogan fought to a No Contest. Courtesy of [url]http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/wcw/nit1997.htm[/url][/B][/QUOTE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][QUOTE][B][SIZE=4]SPOTLIGHT ON WCW TITLES[/SIZE] WCW World Heavyweight Title [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW/Sting2.jpg[/IMG] Sting WCW United States Heavyweight Title [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW/DiamondDallasPage2.jpg[/IMG] Diamond Dallas Page WCW Television Title [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW/BookerTTV.jpg[/IMG] Booker T WCW World Cruiserweight Title [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW/UltimoDragon.jpg[/IMG] Ultimo Dragon WCW World Tag Team Titles [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW/RickSteiner.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WCW/ScottSteiner.jpg[/IMG] The Steiner Brothers[/B][/QUOTE][/CENTER] ...

[CENTER][QUOTE][B]The Last Monday Nitro of the old regime [I]January 5, 1998:[/I] United States Champion Diamond Dallas Page pinned Chris Jericho...Bill Goldberg pinned Stevie Ray...Ric Flair beat The Barbarian...Juventud Guerrera pinned Psichosis...World Television Champion Booker T. pinned Prince Iaukea...Ray Traylor and The Steiner Brothers defeated Scott Norton, Buff Bagwell, and Konnan...Dean Malenko defeated Brad Armstrong...Scotty Riggs and Perry Saturn defeated Chris Benoit and Steve McMichael...Lex Luger defeated Randy Savage. Courtesy of [url]http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/wcw/nit1998.htm[/url] with a few strategic changes.[/B][/QUOTE][/CENTER] ...

[B][CENTER]Angel sat within his office watching the last Monday Nitro of the old regime and shaking his head. These are some of the reasons that WCW is going under and needed some management changes. He takes a look over the bloated roster, preparing to release some of these guys who he knows are just taking up space. But the first thing he does is open an envelope that was left on his desk and begins to read the letter there. [QUOTE]Hey, First of all, welcome to my Wrassling company: WCW, Mr. Angel. It's good to have you on board. The world is your oyster and you can do as you please but I do have these little rules you have to follow: First of all, within a year, the promotion cannot fall in size. We cannot lose our international base. Second, the last regime has nearly put WCW out of business by signing old wrestlers. You are not allowed to sign anyone past the age of 42. Third, if we don't develop home-grown wrestlers then we're not going to succeed. Therefore, you cannot sign anyone who works for another company. That's all. I hope you enjoy the job. Ted Turner.[/QUOTE] Angel nodded at each point. They were very smart. Besides, his roster is already bloated enough. He has begun to look down the roster and mark guys who are on pay-per-appearance contracts for termination. === The next day, Angel wakes up and heads into work with something already on his desk. [QUOTE]WCW got a TV Rating of 44.65 last night for Monday Nitro, beating out the WWF by a large margin. Also, Kurt Angle has signed the contract and is ready to come to work for WCW.[/QUOTE] Angel smiles as this is excellent news. Kurt is a former Olympic Gold Medalist and will fit in very well amongst the WCW faithful. But he is still waiting for several other superstars to sign. === The next day, the following wrestlers were released from their contracts: Villano V Super Calo Norman Smiley Masahiro Chono Hiroyoshi Tenzan El Dandy OMEGA also rejected an offer to become our developmental promotion. Too bad. Gonna have to go back to the bag of tricks. === The next day came some very very good news. Angel had been in contact with Paul Heyman from ECW. An agreement was struck with ECW to become their parent company. After getting this deal, Angel sent out various contract offers to wrestlers that he believes will do good in a developmental fashion. === The ink has dried on a developmental contract for Marty Jannetty. He was sent to work down with the wrestlers at ECW. Rick Martel was signed to a written contract to debut here in WCW. Our house show on Thursday made us $45,810. === The replay of Nitro only drew a .38 rating. Johnny Swinger was offered a developmental contract but when he rejected it he was released from WCW. === Saturday Night's House Show made $101,600. === Stevie Richards, Dawn Marie, Charlie Haas, and Ace Steel were all signed to developmental deals with ECW.[/CENTER][/B]

[CENTER][B][SIZE=5]WCW MONDAY NITRO PREVIEW[/SIZE] [QUOTE]Last week, dissension was shown within the ranks of the New World Order as Savage shoved Eric Bischoff at the end of the show. What will they have to say this week?[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Also, it was announced last week that Ric Flair will be meeting Bret Hart at WCW/nWo Souled Out. This week we are in Flair country of Charlotte, North Carolina where Ric Flair will take on long-time Bret Hart partner: Jim The Anvil Neidhart![/QUOTE] [QUOTE]James J. Dillon will be making an announcement this week regarding the WCW World Heavyweight Title situation![/QUOTE] In action this week: Bill Goldberg vs. Bobby Eaton Jim Neidhart vs. Ric Flair [I]WCW Cruiserweight Title Match:[/I] Ultimo Dragon defends against Alex Wright Chris Benoit vs. Hammer [I]Non-Title Match:[/I] The Steiner Brothers vs. The Outsiders [I]WCW World Television Title Match:[/I] Booker T vs. Konnan Chris Jericho vs. Eddie Guerrero [I]Non-Title Match:[/I] Sting vs. Buff Bagwell Predictions/Comments/etc. always welcomed.[/B][/CENTER]

[B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Bobby Eaton Jim Neidhart vs. [B]Ric Flair[/B] WCW Cruiserweight Title Match: [B]Ultimo Dragon[/B] defends against Alex Wright [B]Chris Benoit[/B] vs. Hammer Non-Title Match: The Steiner Brothers vs. [B]The Outsiders[/B] WCW World Television Title Match: [B]Booker T[/B] vs. Konnan [B]Chris Jericho[/B] vs. Eddie Guerrero Non-Title Match: [B]Sting[/B] vs. Buff Bagwell

[B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Bobby Eaton Jim Neidhart vs. [B]Ric Flair[/B] WCW Cruiserweight Title Match: [B]Ultimo Dragon[/B] defends against Alex Wright [B]Chris Benoit[/B] vs. Hammer Non-Title Match: The Steiner Brothers vs. [B]The Outsiders[/B] WCW World Television Title Match: [B]Booker T[/B] vs. Konnan Chris Jericho vs. [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] Non-Title Match: [B]Sting [/B]vs. Buff Bagwell

[B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Bobby Eaton Jim Neidhart vs. [B]Ric Flair[/B] WCW Cruiserweight Title Match: [B]Ultimo Dragon[/B] against Alex Wright [B]Chris Benoit [/B]vs. Hammer Non-Title Match: [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] vs. The Outsiders WCW World Television Title Match: [B]Booker T[/B] vs. Konnan [B]Chris Jericho[/B] vs. Eddie Guerrero Non-Title Match: [B]Sting[/B] vs. Buff Bagwell

[B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Bobby Eaton Jim Neidhart vs. [B]Ric Flair[/B] WCW Cruiserweight Title Match: [B]Ultimo Dragon[/B] against Alex Wright [B]Chris Benoit[/B] vs. Hammer Non-Title Match: The Steiner Brothers vs. [B]The Outsiders[/B] WCW World Television Title Match: [B]Booker T[/B] vs. Konnan Chris Jericho vs. [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] Non-Title Match: Sting vs. [B]Buff Bagwell[/B]

[b]Bill Goldberg[/b] vs. Bobby Eaton Jim Neidhart vs. [b]Ric Flair[/b] WCW Cruiserweight Title Match:[b] Ultimo Dragon[/b] defends against Alex Wright [b]Chris Benoit[/b] vs. Hammer Non-Title Match: The Steiner Brothers vs. [b]The Outsiders[/b] WCW World Television Title Match: [b]Booker T [/b]vs. Konnan Chris Jericho vs. [b]Eddie Guerrero[/b] Non-Title Match: Sting vs. [b]Buff Bagwell[/b]

[B]Bill Goldberg[/B] vs. Bobby Eaton Jim Neidhart vs. [B]Ric Flair[/B] WCW Cruiserweight Title Match: [B]Ultimo Dragon[/B] defends against Alex Wright [B]Chris Benoit[/B] vs. Hammer Non-Title Match: The Steiner Brothers vs. [B]The Outsiders[/B] WCW World Television Title Match: [B]Booker T[/B] vs. Konnan [B]Chris Jericho[/B] vs. Eddie Guerrero Non-Title Match: [B]Sting [/B]vs. Buff Bagwell

Archived