Steven Regal: Rags to Riches

[FONT="Verdana"][B][CENTER] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/StevenRegal.jpg[/IMG] 1983 was a huge year for many people in the wrestling business. New stars were being born by the day, and promotions were struggling against each other to gain valuable territory and fans. In America there was a new superpower rising, but this story doesn't revolve around America, at least not yet. This story is about a young man from England who grew up loving everything about professional wrestling. He knew from a very young age that it is the only thing that he wanted to do with his life. This young man's name, Steven Regal. Regal began wrestling at the tender age of fifteen, and in his first two years in the business he has made plenty of progress. At the age of seventeen he is part of the All Star Wrestling roster, where many people consider him a midcarder with the organization. He has also started up a tag team with another young English wrestler, Dave Taylor. Regal is known for his no nonsense style, and he can adapt to most situations as he is a good brawler and an exceptional technical wrestler. He is looking to become a national champion here in England, then make his motherland proud by becoming a World Champion with one of the major promotions in the world. This chapter in the young career of Steven Regal begins now. Regal has his foot in the door in the English wrestling scene, and now he is looking to knock that door down. Will he go on to become an international success, or will he be just another wannabe? Only time will tell. [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/May1983Pop.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/May1983Stats.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER][/B][/FONT]

[FONT="Verdana"][CENTER][B] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/ASW.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/StevenRegal.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/DaveTaylor.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/vs.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/NA.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/NA.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="3"]Thursday May Week 1, 1983 All Star Wrestling: All Star Midlands Tour Midlands, UK Steven Regal and David Taylor vs. Rick Wiseman and Rocky Moran Two out of Three Falls Match $2000 Purse Attendance: 1,640[/SIZE] Rick Wiseman hit the Forearm Blow Rick Wiseman applied the Front Facelock Wiseman with a Full Arm Drag and Twist... Rick Wiseman hit the Arm Drag David Taylor slipped out of the Knee Bar. David Taylor hit the European Uppercut Rick Wiseman easily blocked the Fireman's Carry Takedown. David Taylor whips Rick Wiseman to the corner. Rick Wiseman easily blocked the Turnbuckle Smash. David Taylor hit the Corner Forearm Strike David Taylor hit the Corner Hip Toss David Taylor applied the Knee Bar David Taylor picks up Rick Wiseman. and Taylor begins to put pressure on Wiseman's wrist with that Extended Wrist Lock. Taylor shows off some nice amateur work with a Gutwrench Suplex... Rick Wiseman slipped out of the Single Leg Boston Crab. David Taylor slipped out the back of the Standing Side Headlock. David Taylor tags out to Steven Regal. Steven Regal hit the Back Suplex Steven Regal hit the Knee Drive To Leg Steven Regal applied the Spinning Toe Hold The referee checks the submission... It seems to be locked in! Will This Be It? A short struggle ends with the escape! Rick Wiseman blocked the Regal Cutter. Steven Regal hit the Bodyslam Rick Wiseman broke the Bridging Double Armbar by reaching the ropes. Rick Wiseman blocked the Suplex. ... And Steven Regal grabs Wiseman's arm... its an Arm Lock and Wrist Bend hold! Rick Wiseman easily broke the Regal Stretch. Rick Wiseman applied the Front Facelock Wiseman slaps on a Top Wrist Lock... Rick Wiseman hit the Forearm To Back Of Head Wiseman with a Full Arm Drag and Twist... Steven Regal slipped out of the Snap Mare Takedown. Steven Regal hit the European Uppercut Lord Steven takes Wiseman down with a half nelson.. Lord Steven Furthers it with a wrist lock!! Rick Wiseman blocked the Regal Stretch. Rick Wiseman slipped out the back of the Head and Straight Arm Lock. Rick Wiseman tags out to Rocky Moran. Steven Regal slipped out the back of the Arm Wringer. Rocky Moran blocked the Rear Amateur Takedown. Steven Regal hit the Arm Wringer Smash Lord Steven with a Full Arm Drag and Twist... Steven Regal hit the Bodyslam Steven Regal tags out to David Taylor. David Taylor applied the Grounded Arm Bar David Taylor applied the Single Leg Boston Crab Rocky Moran counters by fighting back. Rocky Moran hit the Forearm Blow David Taylor slipped out of the Side Headlock Takedown. David Taylor hit the Double Knee Lift David Taylor waits as Rocky Moran stands. Rocky Moran easily slipped out of the The Airplane Spin. David Taylor slipped out of the Standing Side Headlock. David Taylor hit the European Uppercut Rocky Moran easily slipped out of the Gutwrench Suplex. Rocky Moran applied the Front Facelock Rocky Moran hit the Suplex Rocky Moran applied the Body Scissors David Taylor slipped out of the Grounded Side Headlock. David Taylor hit the Arm Drag Rocky Moran easily blocked the Boston Crab. David Taylor applied the Body Scissors Taylor stretches Moran out over his knee... it's the Cross Knee Back Breaker! Rocky Moran easily slipped out of the Head and Straight Arm Lock. David Taylor broke the Front Facelock. Rocky Moran easily blocked the Late Inning Small Package. Around and around we go!! David Taylor with that Airplane Spin! Rocky Moran easily slipped out the back of the British Piledriver. Rocky Moran hit the Forearm To Back Of Head Rocky Moran hit the Forearm To Gut David Taylor tries to take the blow, but doesn't have the necessary momentum on his side. Rocky Moran displays that amateur background, putting together a Hammerlock Takedown David Taylor slipped out the back of the Head and Straight Arm Lock. Rocky Moran counters by fighting back. David Taylor moved and the Charging Forearm missed! David Taylor tags out to Steven Regal. Rocky Moran blocked the Leg Trip Step Over Leg Lock. Rocky Moran blocked the Double Knee Lift. This is the second block in a row, and Rocky Moran takes control. The crowd is really on the case of Rocky Moran, loving that his momentum has stalled. Rocky Moran hit the Forearm Blow Look at it! Look at IT! It's a Top Wrist Lock!! Rocky Moran hit the Forearm To Gut Rocky Moran hit the Forearm To Back Of Head Moran goes to work on Lord Steven's arm with that Standing Arm Bar... Look at it, Tony! Look at IT! It's a Side Headlock!!!! Wow... Rocky Moran displays that amateur background, putting together a Hammerlock Takedown Moran is really wrenching that Head Scissors hold! And there it is...Yes, a very nice figure four cross leglock on Lord Steven... The crowd start chanting to taunt Rocky Moran. Steven Regal slipped out of the Single Leg Grapevine. Steven Regal with the Regal Roll!! Crikey!! [COLOR="Red"]You aren't kidding, Adam... Steven Regal has that Regal Stretch locked on tight!! The referee checks the submission... It seems to be locked in! Will This Be It? It's Still Locked In! The referee has called for the bell![/COLOR] What the... it's the Lady of the Lake!! The referee checks the submission... It seems to be locked in! Will This Be It? A short struggle ends with the escape! Rick Wiseman blocked the Fireman's Carry Takedown. WOW!! Steven Regal with the Regal Cutter!!! Wiseman is in serious trouble... Rick Wiseman blocked the Regal Stretch. [COLOR="Red"]You aren't kidding, Adam... Steven Regal has that Regal Stretch locked on tight!! The referee checks the submission... It seems to be locked in! Will This Be It? It's Still Locked In! The referee has called for the bell![/COLOR] The fans start a chant of 'That Was Awesome'. [SIZE="3"]Winners: Steven Regal and Dave Taylor Match Time: 15:20 Match Rating: A*[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"][U]Other Matches[/U][/SIZE] Tony St. Clair def. John Quinn to retain the World Heavyweight Title Marty Jones def. Mal Sanders Terry Jowett def. Mike Jordan to retain the British Commonwealth Middleweight Title Dave Finlay def. Steve Wright for the European Middleweight Title Smith and Kidd def. Manley and Murphy Keith Hayward def. Drew McDonald [/B][/CENTER][/FONT]

[FONT="Verdana"][B] [CENTER][SIZE="3"]News and Notes for May Week 1, 1983[/SIZE][/CENTER] [LIST] [FONT="Verdana"][B][*]Bob Backlund def. Iron Sheik to retain the WWF World Heavyweight Championship. [*]Ric Flair def. Ivan Koloff to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. [*]Nick Bockwinkel def. Hulk Hogan to retain the AWA World Heavyweight Championship. [*]Lou Thesz signed with ASW (UK) as a road agent.[/B][/FONT] [/LIST] [/B][/FONT]

[FONT="Verdana"][CENTER][B] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/ASW.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/StevenRegal.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/DaveTaylor.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/vs.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/DrewMcDonald.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/SkullMurphy.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="3"]Thursday May Week 2, 1983 All Star Wrestling: All Star Midlands Tour Midlands, UK Steven Regal and David Taylor vs. Drew McDonald and Skull Murphy $1250 Purse Attendance: 1,244[/SIZE] Steven Regal hit the Bodyslam Steven Regal applied the Grounded Front Facelock Steven Regal applied the Knee Bar McDonald gets blasted with a Knee Jab. Steven Regal shows good form with that one... And there it is...Yes, a very nice figure four cross leglock on McDonald... Steven Regal picks up Drew McDonald. Drew McDonald blocked the Monkey Flip. ... And Steven Regal grabs McDonald's arm... its an Arm Lock and Wrist Bend hold! Drew McDonald blocked the Regal Stretch. And Look at that Bridging Roll Up! Lord Steven might be getting the pin fall here.. The referee begins the count... 1! 2! Kick Out Just After Two! The Double Underhook Bomb was countered into a Punch. Drew McDonald hit the Forearm Blow Steven Regal took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack. Lord Steven shows off some nice amateur work with a Gutwrench Suplex... Drew McDonald blocked the Regal Stretch. Drew McDonald broke the Inverse Figure Four Cross Lock by reaching the ropes. Steven Regal climbs the turnbuckles. Steven Regal climbs down off the top rope. Lord Steven and McDonald lock up in a Collar and Elbow Tie Up... A stalemate happens as neither competitor can take the advantage. The fans try to help Steven Regal by chanting his name. Steven Regal whips Drew McDonald to the corner. Lord Steven got some high elevation on that monkey flip! Steven Regal picks up Drew McDonald. The fans try to help Steven Regal by chanting his name. The The Lady of the Lake was countered into a Punch. Drew McDonald hit the Punch Steven Regal took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack. Steven Regal hit the Running Dropkick Drew McDonald broke the Regal Stretch. McDonald goes to work on Lord Steven's arm with that Standing Arm Bar... Drew McDonald hit the Headbutt Drew McDonald stops to shout some abuse at some fans in the front row. Steven Regal easily blocked the Bite to Forehead. Steven Regal moved and the Roundhouse Punch missed! The Regal Roll was countered into a Eye Rake. Drew McDonald hit the Hammerlock Drive Steven Regal slipped out of the Corner Tag Rope Choke Hold. Steven Regal tags out to David Taylor. Drew McDonald blocked the Double Knee Lift. ... And David Taylor grabs McDonald's arm... its an Arm Lock and Wrist Bend hold! David Taylor has got McDonald's arm locked in that Straddled Arm Bar... that looks painful. Drew McDonald slipped out the back of the British Piledriver. Drew McDonald hit the Forearm To Back Of Head Drew McDonald hit the Hair Pull Takedown David Taylor moved and the Grounded Punch missed! David Taylor hit the Monkey Flip Drew McDonald slipped out of the Cross Knee Back Breaker. Drew McDonald tags out to Skull Murphy. Skull Murphy hit the Punch Skull Murphy applied the Front Facelock Murphy with a Full Arm Drag and Twist... Skull Murphy hit the Punch Skull Murphy hit the Suplex David Taylor slipped out the back of the Grounded Arm Bar. David Taylor whips Skull Murphy to the corner. David Taylor hit the Turnbuckle Smash David Taylor hit the Suplex David Taylor applied the Grounded Arm Bar David Taylor picks up Skull Murphy. Skull Murphy slipped out of the Suplex. Murphy with a Full Arm Drag and Twist... Skull Murphy hit the Double Knee Lift Taylor is trapped in a Head and Straight Arm Lock... David Taylor broke the Straddled Arm Bar. Taylor shows off some nice amateur work with a Gutwrench Suplex... David Taylor applied the Knee Bar David Taylor applied the Single Leg Grapevine Skull Murphy easily blocked the Grounded Ankle Twist. David Taylor picks up Skull Murphy from behind. David Taylor hit the Back Suplex David Taylor applied the Single Leg Grapevine Skull Murphy easily blocked the Boston Crab. David Taylor picks up Skull Murphy. Skull Murphy easily blocked the Further Half Nelson Takedown. David Taylor stops to acknowledge the fans at ringside. David Taylor hit the Arm Wringer Smash David Taylor hit the Bodyslam David Taylor applied the Knee Bar The fans cheer for David Taylor, trying to get him to take it up a level. David Taylor applied the Boston Crab The referee checks the submission... It seems to be locked in! Will This Be It? A short struggle ends with the escape! David Taylor applied the Figure Four Armlock Skull Murphy easily blocked the Main Event Sleeper Hold. The Suplex was countered into a Punch. Skull Murphy hit the Double Knee Lift David Taylor broke the Figure Four Cross Leglock by reaching the ropes. And just look at Murphy wail away on Taylor with a flurry of punches... David Taylor blocked the Wrenching Hammerlock. Skull Murphy has got Taylor's arm locked in that Straddled Arm Bar... that looks painful. David Taylor slipped out of the Head and Straight Arm Lock. David Taylor hit the European Uppercut David Taylor hit the Fireman's Carry Takedown David Taylor tags out to Steven Regal. Skull Murphy blocked the Inverse Figure Four Cross Lock. Steven Regal picks up Skull Murphy. Steven Regal hit the European Uppercut Very nice Rear Amateur Go Behind on Murphy... Skull Murphy easily broke the Abdominal Stretch. Skull Murphy hit the Forearm Blow Skull Murphy hit the Double Knee Lift Steven Regal broke the Straddled Arm Bar. Skull Murphy blocked the Monkey Flip. The Fireman's Carry Takedown was countered into a Punch. Steven Regal moved and the Forearm Flurry missed! Skull Murphy easily broke the Regal Cutter. Skull Murphy hit the Double Knee Lift Skull Murphy applied the Single Leg Grapevine Lord Steven is trapped in a Head and Straight Arm Lock... Skull Murphy stops to shout some abuse at some fans in the front row. Steven Regal slipped out of the Full Nelson Clutch. Steven Regal hit the Fireman's Carry Takedown Skull Murphy slipped out of the Spinning Toe Hold. [COLOR="Red"]The Crotch Hold and Slam was countered into a Regal Cutter. The referee begins the count... 1! 2! This Could Be It! The referee's hand starts coming down... 3![/COLOR] The fans applaud the efforts of the wrestlers. [SIZE="3"]Winners: Steven Regal and Dave Taylor Match Time: 17:30 Match Rating: B-[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"][U]Other Matches[/U][/SIZE] Manley and Moran def. The Kings Tony St. Clair def. Mal Sanders to retain the World Heavyweight Title Terry Jowett def. Mike Jordan to retain the British Commonwealth Middleweight Title Dave Finlay def. Steve Wright to retain the European Middleweight Title Mike Bennett def. Rick Wiseman John Quinn def. Danny Boy Collins [/B][/CENTER][/FONT]

[QUOTE=captainlou;411063]Congrats on the two tag wins. This blow-by-blow reporting seems to be catching on. I think that it might be the way that I will be posting the matches as well when I finally get going. Is Steven Regal thinking of going to the USA in the future?[/QUOTE] Thanks, and yeah, since Adam put in that E-Fed output button it makes dynasties much more simple when it comes to writing up matches. Glad to here that you are getting back into the writing game as well. And yes, Regal is most certainly looking towards a US invasion in the future. I want to conquer the UK with him first, then we'll see the state of the US scene, and I'll make my choice of where to go then.

[FONT="Verdana"][CENTER][B] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/ASW.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/StevenRegal.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/vs.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/SkullMurphy.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="3"]Sunday May Week 2, 1983 All Star Wrestling: Back in the Saddle North, UK Steven Regal vs. Skull Murphy $2000 Purse Attendance: 231[/SIZE] Lord Steven shows off some nice amateur work with a Gutwrench Suplex... Steven Regal applied the Grounded Arm Bar Skull Murphy blocked the Knee Drive To Leg. Skull Murphy recovers and stands up. Steven Regal hit the Fireman's Carry Takedown Skull Murphy easily broke the Head Scissors. Skull Murphy hit the Punch Skull Murphy hit the Forearm Blow Murphy with a Full Arm Drag and Twist... Skull Murphy hit the Snap Mare Takedown Look at it, Tony! Look at IT! It's a Side Headlock!!!! Wow... Steven Regal slipped out of the Grounded Front Facelock. Lord Steven shows off some nice amateur work with a Gutwrench Suplex... Steven Regal applied the Double Knee Rear Chinlock Steven Regal waits as Skull Murphy stands. Steven Regal hit the Suplex Lord Steven's got the free leg and begins twisting that ankle!! And there it is... a very nice Inverse Figure Four Cross Leglock on Murphy... Steven Regal waits as Skull Murphy stands. Steven Regal hit the Twisting Neckbreaker Skull Murphy blocked the Straddled Arm Bar. Skull Murphy slipped out of the Arm Bar with Forearm Grind. Skull Murphy hit the Punch Steven Regal tries to shake off the blow, but it was delivered with too much power. Skull Murphy applied the Front Facelock Skull Murphy hit the Forearm Blow Steven Regal slipped out of the Further Half Nelson Takedown. Steven Regal applied the Figure Four Armlock The fans try to help Steven Regal by chanting his name. Skull Murphy blocked the Knee Lift. Steven Regal hit the Arm Drag Skull Murphy slipped out the back of the Single Leg Grapevine. Skull Murphy displays that amateur background, putting together a Hammerlock Takedown Steven Regal broke the Straddled Arm Bar. What the... it's the Lady of the Lake!! The referee checks the submission... It seems to be locked in! Will This Be It? A short struggle ends with the escape! Skull Murphy slipped out of the Double Underhook Bomb. Steven Regal moved and the Punch Flurry missed! Steven Regal displays that amateur background, putting together a Hammerlock Takedown Skull Murphy easily broke the Regal Stretch. Skull Murphy hit the Charging Forearm Skull Murphy has got Lord Steven's arm locked in that Straddled Arm Bar... that looks painful. Steven Regal slipped out of the Head and Straight Arm Lock. Skull Murphy blocked the Regal Roll. ... And Steven Regal grabs Murphy's arm... its an Arm Lock and Wrist Bend hold! The referee checks the submission... It seems to be locked in! Will This Be It? A short struggle ends with the escape! A stalemate happens as neither competitor can take the advantage. Steven Regal hit the Charging Forearm [COLOR="Red"]You aren't kidding, Adam... Steven Regal has that Regal Stretch locked on tight!! The referee checks the submission... It seems to be locked in! Will This Be It? It's Still Locked In! The referee has called for the bell![/COLOR] [SIZE="3"]Winner: Steven Regal Match Time: 7:10 Match Rating: C- [U]Other Matches[/U][/SIZE] Tony St. Clair def. Mal Sanders to retain the World Heavyweight Title Mark Rocco and Mighty John Quinn def. The Lancashire Lion and Bridges Terry Jowett def. Mike Jordan to retain the British Commonwealth Middleweight Title Dave Finlay def. David Taylor to retain the European Middleweight Title Steve Wright def. Rick Wiseman Chic Cullen def. Drew McDonald Johnny Smith def. Dorsey Lagner Team Pillage def. Hayward and Danny Boy [/B][/CENTER][/FONT]

[FONT="Verdana"][B] [CENTER][SIZE="3"]News and Notes May Week 2, 1983[/SIZE][/CENTER] [LIST][FONT="Verdana"][B] [*]Ric Flair def. Harley Race to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. [*]Bob Backlund def. Sika to retain the WWF World Heavyweight Championship. [*]Nick Bockwinkel def. Wahoo McDaniel to retain the AWA World Heavyweight Championship. [*]Terry Gordy signs with MACW. [*]Bob Backlund def. Masked Superstar to retain the WWF World Heavyweight Championship.[/B][/FONT] [/LIST] [/B][/FONT]

[QUOTE=SHaynes23;411064]Thanks, and yeah, since Adam put in that E-Fed output button it makes dynasties much more simple when it comes to writing up matches. Glad to here that you are getting back into the writing game as well. And yes, Regal is most certainly looking towards a US invasion in the future. I want to conquer the UK with him first, then we'll see the state of the US scene, and I'll make my choice of where to go then.[/QUOTE] When did he put in an E-Fed output button? I don't think I have it.

[FONT="Verdana"][CENTER][B] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/ASW.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/StevenRegal.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/DaveTaylor.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/vs.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/JohnQuinn.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/DrewMcDonald.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="3"]Thursday May Week 3, 1983 All Star Wrestling: Midlands Tour Midlands, UK Steven Regal and Dave Taylor vs. John Quinn and Drew McDonald $2000 Purse Attendance: 1,202[/SIZE] David Taylor hit the Arm Wringer Smash Taylor shows off some nice amateur work with a Gutwrench Suplex... David Taylor applied the Double Knee Rear Chinlock Someone call Lou Thesz! Taylor with the dreaded head scissors! John Quinn easily blocked the Body Scissors. John Quinn broke the Grounded Arm Bar by reaching the ropes. Taylor with a Full Arm Drag and Twist... John Quinn easily blocked the Snap Mare Takedown. John Quinn blocked the Arm Wringer Smash. This is the second block in a row, and John Quinn takes control. John Quinn hit the Kick To Gut David Taylor tries to shake off the blow, but it was delivered with too much power. And John Quinn clamps on a Standing Side Headlock... Mighty John with a Full Arm Drag and Twist... John Quinn hit the Clubbing Blow John Quinn hit the Seated Back Kick Mighty John unloads on Taylor with that double axe handle blow! Taylor is helpless as John Quinn has the legs and is signaling the crowd.. Boom!! David Taylor moved and the Seated Hammer missed! John Quinn broke the Standing Arm Lever by reaching the ropes. Oh! David Taylor shows some fine wrestling knowledge with that Takedown! David Taylor applied the Knee Bar John Quinn counters by fighting back. John Quinn with a pounding blow... you have to wonder how much of this Taylor can take! It's billed as 'Wrestling', not 'Strangling 101'! John Quinn blatantly chokes Taylor! The referee warns that that was illegal. David Taylor slipped out the back of the Spread-Eagled Stomp. David Taylor tags out to Steven Regal. Steven Regal hit the Rear Amateur Takedown Steven Regal applied the Grounded Arm Bar John Quinn easily broke the Inverse Figure Four Cross Lock. John Quinn hit the Kick To Gut Look at it, Tony! Look at IT! It's a Side Headlock!!!! Wow... Mighty John with a Full Arm Drag and Twist... Steven Regal moved and the Kick To Gut missed! Steven Regal hit the European Uppercut ... And Steven Regal grabs Mighty John's arm... its an Arm Lock and Wrist Bend hold! Steven Regal hit the Knee Drive To Leg John Quinn counters by fighting back. Look at it, Tony! Look at IT! It's a Side Headlock!!!! Wow... Mighty John with a Full Arm Drag and Twist... John Quinn applied the Bear Squeeze John Quinn stops to stretch out his arm, clearly feeling some pain. Steven Regal moved and the Seated Hammer missed! John Quinn moved and the Charging Forearm missed! Steven Regal counters by fighting back. Lord Steven shows off some nice amateur work with a Gutwrench Suplex... Steven Regal applied the Single Leg Boston Crab Steven Regal hit the Knee Drive To Leg Steven Regal applied the Single Leg Boston Crab Steven Regal applied the Knee Bar Steven Regal picks up John Quinn from behind. There it is - the Standing Guillotine; the Abdominal Stretch! Lord Steven is really wrenching that Head Scissors hold! Steven Regal picks up John Quinn. [COLOR="Red"]What the... it's the Lady of the Lake!! The referee checks the submission... It seems to be locked in! Will This Be It? It's Still Locked In! The referee has called for the bell![/COLOR] The fans start a chant of 'That Match Sucked'. [SIZE="3"] Winners: Steven Regal and Dave Taylor Match Time: 8:30 Match Rating: F [U]Other Matches[/U][/SIZE] Tony St. Clair def. Mal Sanders to retain the World Heavyweight Title Terry Jowett def. Mike Jordan to retain the British Commonwealth Middleweight Title Murphy and Wiseman def. Wright and Cullen The Kings def. Team Pillage Dave Finlay def. Keith Hayward to retain the European Middleweight Title [/B][/CENTER][/FONT]

[FONT="Verdana"][B] [CENTER][SIZE="3"]News and Notes May, Week 3, 1983[/SIZE][/CENTER] [LIST] [FONT="Verdana"][B][*]Ric Flair def. Harley Race to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Title [*]Bob Backlund def. Don Muraco to retain the WWF World Heavyweight Title [*]Nick Bockwinkel def. Hulk Hogan to retain the AWA World Heavyweight Title [*]Ric Flair def. Ivan Koloff to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Title [*]Ric Flair def. Greg Valentine to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Title [*]Bob Backlund def. Masked Superstar to retain the WWF World Heavyweight Title[/B][/FONT] [/LIST] [/B][/FONT]

[FONT="Verdana"][CENTER][B] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/ASW.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/StevenRegal.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/JohnnyKidd.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/vs.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/NA.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Regal/NA.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="3"]Thursday May Week 4, 1983 All Star Wrestling: Midlands Tour Midlands, UK Steven Regal and Johnny Kidd vs. Rocky Moran and Frank Manley $2000 Purse Attendance: 1,324[/SIZE] And Frank Manley clamps on a Standing Side Headlock... Manley with a Full Arm Drag and Twist... Johnny Kidd slipped out the back of the Arm Whip. Johnny Kidd hit the Arm Wringer Smash Frank Manley easily blocked the Rear Amateur Go Behind. Frank Manley slipped out the back of the Arm Drag. Frank Manley hit the Arm Wringer Smash Frank Manley hit the Clubbing Blow Frank Manley hit the Big Elbow Drop Johnny Kidd moved and the Grounded Double Axe Handle missed! Johnny Kidd hit the Suplex Frank Manley slipped out the back of the Double Knee Rear Chinlock. Frank Manley hit the Short Arm Shoulder Tackle Johnny Kidd blocked the Driving Knee Lift. Frank Manley with a pounding blow... you have to wonder how much of this Kidd can take! Johnny Kidd moved and the Grounded Double Axe Handle missed! Frank Manley easily blocked the Arm Wringer Step Over Takedown. Frank Manley slipped out the back of the Bodyslam. Frank Manley applied the Head Vice Manley unleashes a series of stomps... Kidd is in obvious pain! Manley stretches Kidd out over his knee... it's the Cross Knee Back Breaker! The referee checks the submission... It seems to be locked in! Will This Be It? A short struggle ends with the escape! [COLOR="Red"]Frank Manley hit the Uranage Slam The referee begins the count... 1! 2! This Could Be It! The referee's hand starts coming down... 3![/COLOR] The fans start a chant of 'That Match Sucked'. [SIZE="3"]Winners: Moran and Manley Match Time: 3:40 Match Rating: F[/SIZE] [U][SIZE="3"]Other Matches[/SIZE][/U] John Quinn defe. Tony St. Clair for the World Heavyweight Championship Marty Jones def. Mal Sanders Dave Finlay def. David Taylor Steve Wright def. Skull Murphy Moran and Manley def. Kidd and Regal Mike Bennett def. Rick Wiseman Terry Jowett def. Mike Jordan Keith Hayward def. Drew McDonald [/B][/CENTER][/FONT]

[FONT="Verdana"][B] [CENTER][SIZE="3"]News and Notes May, Week 4, 1983[/SIZE][/CENTER] [LIST] [FONT="Verdana"][B][*]Bob Backlund def. Sika to retain the WWF World Heavyweight Championship [*]Ric Flair def. Ivan Koloff to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Championship [*]Nick Bockwinkel def. Dick the Bruiser to retain the AWA World Heavyweight Championship [*]Nick Bockwinkel def. Baron Von Raschke to retain the AWA World Heavyweight Championship [*]Bob Backlund def. Don Muraco to retain the WWF World Heavyweight Championship[/B][/FONT] [/LIST] [/B][/FONT]

Archived