WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a PPV. Phenomenal. You always surpass yourself and are really out there with Nevermore as the best on here. The booking for Disco Inferno has been outstanding and I really buy him as a reason to watch the show. DISCO INFERNO!!! How you've done that is beyond me. And the character development of Raven is brilliant, he's such an intruging character that he is just so brilliant. The fans would buy in to him and he could be one of the biggest names you have, it's just fantastic booking. The Schiavone Report is always good fun, but I loved the Tenay one. It reflected Tenay so well with his knowledge of the game but just added to much depth to an already fascinating character in Rave. Breathtaking stuff. Masahiro Chono v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] [I]Fantastic match, but Bret is more important right now[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v Ultimo Dragon [I]I think Liger will drop it in a bigger, more high profile match[/I] [B]Raven[/B] v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright [I]See my reasons for why I freakin' love this character so much[/I] The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) v [B]Thrillapalooza (Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman)[/B] [I]Great match between two very Russo style tag team (and i mean that in a good way) but I think Lynn and Kidman offer more right now. Can't wait to see Kanyon get pushed up the card though[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno (c)[/B] v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [I]You've doen brilliantly to develop Disco, why would you job him now to someone who is climbing the ladder beyond this title?[/I] The Giant v [B]Lizmark Jr[/B] [I]... and then beats Jericho in an impromptu title match[/I] 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]Scott Steiner[/B] [I]Will be good to see Regal once you start to really push him, but Steiner is someone that needs to be pushed[/I] 'K-Dawg' Konnan v [B]Booker T[/B] [I]Booker T is the man you need to get up there as another superstar they have created[/I] Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [I]Goldberg is about to beat Jericho for the title, why would the streak end now?[/I]

[QUOTE=keefmoon;746481]What a PPV. Phenomenal. You always surpass yourself and are really out there with Nevermore as the best on here. The booking for Disco Inferno has been outstanding and I really buy him as a reason to watch the show. DISCO INFERNO!!! How you've done that is beyond me. And the character development of Raven is brilliant, he's such an intruging character that he is just so brilliant. The fans would buy in to him and he could be one of the biggest names you have, it's just fantastic booking. The Schiavone Report is always good fun, but I loved the Tenay one. It reflected Tenay so well with his knowledge of the game but just added to much depth to an already fascinating character in Rave. Breathtaking stuff. Masahiro Chono v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] [I]Fantastic match, but Bret is more important right now[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v Ultimo Dragon [I]I think Liger will drop it in a bigger, more high profile match[/I] [B]Raven[/B] v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright [I]See my reasons for why I freakin' love this character so much[/I] The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) v [B]Thrillapalooza (Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman)[/B] [I]Great match between two very Russo style tag team (and i mean that in a good way) but I think Lynn and Kidman offer more right now. Can't wait to see Kanyon get pushed up the card though[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno (c)[/B] v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [I]You've doen brilliantly to develop Disco, why would you job him now to someone who is climbing the ladder beyond this title?[/I] The Giant v [B]Lizmark Jr[/B] [I]... and then beats Jericho in an impromptu title match[/I] 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]Scott Steiner[/B] [I]Will be good to see Regal once you start to really push him, but Steiner is someone that needs to be pushed[/I] 'K-Dawg' Konnan v [B]Booker T[/B] [I]Booker T is the man you need to get up there as another superstar they have created[/I] Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [I]Goldberg is about to beat Jericho for the title, why would the streak end now?[/I][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=BoomKing;745906]wow buddyboy that right there is without hyperbole one of the best things ive read on these board! To be honest I usually skip things like this but it was totally engrosing.[/QUOTE] Thanks boys for your support of the Down the Highway column. I enjoyed writing it up so it is great to see that it helped bring Raven more to life as intended.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/mondaynitro.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] At the top of the show here in the capital of California, Sacramento, we see [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho [/B]exiting his dressing room with the WCW World Heavyweight Championship wrapped around his waist. He has a look of extreme concentration on his face as he begins pacing his way towards the ring area. [CENTER]------------------------------[/CENTER] After various pyros go off into the arena, and the [B]Nitro Girls[/B], sans Kimberly Page, complete a routine in the ring, we join the talking heads, [B]Tony Schiavone[/B], [B]Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan[/B] and [B]'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko[/B] who is bowing behind his desk to the fans. "Welcome everybody to another edition of Monday Nitro, and tonight, we have some serious fall out to discuss from last night's Halloween Havoc Pay-Per-View," Schiavone says. "Hello and welcome to Sacramento, I'm Tony Schiavone and with me tonight are Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan and 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko, and guys these stills from Halloween Havoc tell only part of the story..." We see the following still photographs: * [B]Diamond Dallas Page[/B] diamond cutting [B]Raven[/B] into the steel chair in the Bowery Death Match * [B]Sting[/B] hooking [B]Chris Jericho [/B]up in the Scorpion Death Lock * [B]Chris Jericho[/B] fighting his way out of it * The disembowed bodies scattered across the ring as [B]Rey Mysterio Jr [/B]looked down on the carnage from the top of the ladder * The low blow of all low blows from the beautiful [B]Kimberly Page[/B] on [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] * A tear forming in the eye of [B]Disco Inferno[/B] due to the disbelief that he had finally conquered his concentration demons * [B]Goldberg[/B] spearing [B]Scott Hall[/B] * [B]Ric Flair[/B] WOOOOOOOing to the crowd * 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash and Scott Hall thrusting each other forcefully in the chest (I know that doesn't sound right, and could have a large double meaning, but I didn't know how to right it properly!) *[B] 'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] holding aloft the arm of the WCW United States Champion [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] * [B]Psicosis [/B]suspended vertically from the top rope as [B]Jushin Lyger [/B]dropped him with the Brainbuster. "We will have a lot more aftermath to get through," Schiavone promises. "That will be later in this show, but first, we have a great opening match for you as Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Masahiro Chono from nWo Japan battle!" [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/MasahiroChono.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bret_Hart28.jpg[/IMG] Masahiro Chono v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A relatively slow paced opener by Nitro standards, but a technical masterclass. Bret Hart was trying to keep Chono on the mat, using a variety of counter holds and submission holds, while Chono tried to keep Hart in the corners and in chain wrestling movements to open us his stiff kicks. The psychology of both men was very easy to spot, as they avoided counter momentum killers, meaning the momentum was very tight until Hart ducked a chronic stiff kick to the head, was able to drive Chono's open leg to the mat and turn him over quickly for the Sharpshooter. One should not discredit Chono here, one slight split second of misjudgement from Hart, and Chono grabs a major victory. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Bret Hart[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] As we come back from the break, [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho'[/B]s music hits, and the WCW World Heavyweight Champion is making his way down the ramp. At the bottom of the ramp he awaits as the pyros burst, before pumping his fist and then continuing to walk to the ring. Once in the ring he goes to the opposite turnbuckle and tries to lap up the applause, which has soured to boos for this conceited heel from the New World Order. "Welcome to Monday Night Jericho!" Jericho triumphs. "And all I ask you beer swilling inbred rednecks is I want you to want me! Show me a little respect, as I am the ayotollah of rock n rolla, I am the man of 1004 holds, I am your paragon of good virtue, and I am STILL your WCW World Heavyweight Champion! You see, all over the world, people are realising that Chris Jericho is a fighting and great champion. Such a great champion who will never....eeevvverrrrr let down all his Jerichoholics by letting go of MY World Heavyweight Championship. I will beat them all, and defend my Championship against anyone. That includes you, Bill Goldberg. That incl.." Just then, the storm trooper music of Bill Goldberg erupts. [I]GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG![/I] The chants are deafening as Jericho throws a tantrum in the ring, jumping up and down and pointing at the crowd asking them to shut up. We look up to the Turner Tron entrance, and see a [B]miniature Bill Goldberg[/B]. The mini-me walks down the ramp, and stops for the pyros to consume, before they explode, and he continues his power march to the ring. Chris Jericho rolls out of the ring and threatens to walk away, before the mini-me challenges him with ... You're Next! Jericho reluctantly hams it up for the crowd and rolls back into the ring. The two men circle the ring, before finally Jericho moves forward to lock it up with the mini-Goldberg, but before he can, he hears the click of hooves, and Also Sparch Zarathrusta starts up, as '[B]Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B], WCW United States Champion [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B], [B]Bill Goldberg [/B]and [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] all walk forward from the back. Jericho jumps up and down in the ring, continuing to throw a tantrum as the Horsemen, to a heroes ovation, make their way to the ring. Once in the ring, Malenko and Benoit climb the turnbuckles and flick the sign of the Four Horsemen. We can hear a familiar chant building... [I]Horsemen! Horsemen! Horsemen! Horsemen![/I] "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Ric Flair explodes after being given the microphone by David Penzer. "Is it true that the Four Horsemen would be here tonight in SACRAMENTO CALLLIFFORRRNNIAAA! Chris Jericho pal, do you know who you're insulting? This man to my left is 164 and 0. Unbeaten. Undefeated. He is not a mere mortal, and you are doing nothing but..." 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho drops to his knees and begins to beg. "SHUT THE HELL UP, PAL! I don't want to hear you're whinging and whining. Do you know who you're dealing with? I'm a sixteen time... WOOOOOOOOO... count 'em, SIXTEEN time ... BY GOD World Heavyweight Champion! I've had more Championships than you've had pieces of [BEEP]! I'm slick Ric, the Nature Boy, the dirtiest player in the game. I'm the king of space mountain, which while it may be the oldest ride in the park still has the longest line.. WOOOOOOOOOOO.. I'm a wheeling dealing kissing stealing limousine riding jet flying son of a gun.. I'm..." Just then, the nWo music begins, and [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B] makes his way down the aisle. Flair looks incensed. "You! You're a coward! You're a cheat! You, I hate your guts," we can hear Flair cry out. Bischoff continues to feign despair as he gets to the ring, and stands next to 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho. The Horsemen stand behind Flair, as Bischoff addresses them all. "Sacramento, we love you! We really, really love you!" Bischoff cynically cries out. "Last night, Ric Flair, you and your pal here, Bill Goldberg, caused a bit of friction within my camp. Roll the tape, boys..." We look up at the Turner Tron, and we can see 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, the Outsiders, after last night's bout pushing each other in the chest, in a very angry stand off. We refocus back in on Bischoff, as Flair and Goldberg smile at the memory of the carnage being caused. "You see, as I watched that happen," Bischoff announces, "I got to thinking, what would ultimately stop your Four Horsemen rebellion. Perhaps Curt Hennig could do it. Perhaps Chris Jericho. Perhaps Diamond Dallas Page or the Outsiders. But then I thought, to be a leader, you've got to lead the fight yourself..." "Does this mean, BY GOD... does this mean you low down son of a [BEEP], that you're finally going to walk that aisle again and face me, one on one at World War III?" Bischoff smiles, as he steps forward. "That would be all too easy, Ric," Bischoff claims. "All too easy. You see Ric, I've been there, done that. I've beaten you down before, why do I need to do it again? The fact is Ric, you're a beaten forgotten man. You're yesterday's hero. But above all else Ric, I'm a fair man. I'm a reasonable man. And all I want for this great champion here, Chris Jericho, is to face the best of the best at Starrcade. You see Ric, you've assumed it's Bill Goldberg. But I suspect that maybe... just maybe... you've forgotten someone else. Someone else who has also dominated 1998. I speak of your United States Champion, Chris Benoit. Chris Benoit, do you want to be a Champion?" The silent assassin moves forward and after looking at the crowd, finally nods yes. Bill Goldberg stands behind him looking a bit outraged, but Flair restrains him. "You've got two choices to get a shot at Starrcade for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. And this, Ric... this is the fun part. Firstly, Chris Benoit.... I will send to you an nWo shirt. You can put it on, and become an official member of the nWo, and I will make sure you will be in that main event at Starrcade. Or... you can choose to defy your career aspirations and stick with these losers. BUT! If you do that, you will then be forced to face Bill Goldberg, one on one, in a number one contender's match at World War III. The choice is yours..." Flair looks agitated, as Benoit takes a step back and away from the Horsemen, as it seems he is seriously pondering the decision. "Chris, I don't expect a decision now. I'm sure when the time is right, you'll make your decision. As far as you go, Ric Flair. You have spoken of your desperate attempts to have another shot at me. I'm a generous and fair man, Ric. So at World War III, you will face a mystery opponent. There will be two stipulations, Ric. If you win, you will get a shot at me at Starrcade. If you lose... your career... Is over! Thank you Sacramento, we love you all!" Bischoff waves a cheesy smile to Flair, as Jericho and Bischoff leave the ring, leaving the Four Horsemen to stew, with Chris Benoit showing very little affiliation right now with his stable mates, or perhaps former stable mates. What a bombshell! [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/JushinLiger.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Ultimo_Dragon.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="5"][B]WCW Cruiserweight Championship Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c) v Ultimo Dragon[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Ultimo Dragon tried a lot of cheap tactics to try and soften up Jushin Lyger, as he wanted to get him in position for the Dragon Sleeper, and this somewhat slowed the pace down. The two spots of notice outside the unusually solid cruiserweight psychology was a corkscrew moonsault to the outside by Ultimo Dragon, tumbling Jushin into the steel guardrails, and then a scintillating Crash Thunder Buster that came after several shrug off counters from both men, allowing Jushin to grab a coveted win. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Jushin Lyger[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Backstage, [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] is looking extremely agitated and angry. He has a paper cup in his hand and he crumples it up in his hand, as he despairs over losing the WCW Television Championship last night to Disco Inferno. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/AlexWright6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Raven22.jpg[/IMG] 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright v Raven[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Raven took a hell of a pummeling last night, and clearly backing up was difficult for him. Like the in ring expert that he is, he sold the injuries he suffered relentlessly. He worked with a chronic limp, grabbing at his knee as he shuffled across the ring. The blood started pouring like fine wine as the wound at the tip of his skull was opened up by the vindictive Alex Wright. Raven's back creeked as he tried the most basic move, the scoop slam. You could see the anguish on the man's face. Pure artistry. Like the sadistic madman he is though, he refused to back down from an out of ring sacrifice, as Wright dared him to come out. Raven did, and he showed why he is the king of extreme, fighting all the anguish to rattle Wright. He rolled him back in from a brutal display of demonic body savagery and ended it quickly with the Evenflow DDT, and then washed the blood from his forehead into his palm, before looking into his palm seeing the wounded blood and smiling. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Raven[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] To the back we go, and into the office of [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B]. Bischoff is busy signing something, as [B]Scott Hall [/B]storms in, and stands above Bischoff, towering his shoulders forward over the desk menacingly. "Wh.. What now, Scott?" Bischoff asked. "Can't you see I'm busy, I've got things on the go that you could only dream of, pal." "Chico, you've always got time for me, and you know why? Because I'm the original bad guy around here. Look chico, the fact is this. Kev, Big Kev... I'm having some troubles chico, and I need to iron them out." "Well.. iron them out, go and talk to him." "So you're saying chico you're not going to take time of your day to help me?" Bischoff points to the pile of paperwork mounting on his desk, and Hall simply swipes the paperwork to the ground and spits on it, before walking out. [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] enters the office as Hall walks out, but Hall refuses to acknowledge him, as Bischoff shakes his head in dismay. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Perry_Saturn8.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisKanyonkyky.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BillyKidman-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Jerry_Lynn6.jpg[/IMG] The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) v Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A quick paced match. Referee Mickey Jay had his hands full as Thrillapalooza wanted to use the ladder, and the Extreme Innovators wanted to go for the table. Eventually, referee Mickey Jay sold a bump from Chris Kanyon, which allowed Saturn to set up a table, but Kidman also to set up a ladder. Jerry Lynn climbed to the top rope and hitting a dazzling missile drop kick on Kanyon, sending him over the top rope, leaving Saturn exposed to both men. After being over powered, Lynn took Saturn up the ladder, and then hooked him up... no... no way... Suplex off the middle rung of the ladder back through the table!!!! Both men quivver on the ground, before Kidman pulls Lynn over to cover Saturn. Mickey Jay slowly comes over...1....2.....3. What a sick bump! [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Thrillapalooza[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] After the break, we are already in the ring, as [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [/B]stands in the ring, as the commentators hype that this is completely unscheduled. Guerrero snatches the microphone from David Penzer, and has in his right hand a steel chair. "Disco Inferno! Esse! Come on out and play, esse. Come on! Come and say hello... to my LIL FRIEND!" Guerrero says as he wildly swings his chair like a baseball bat. The music of [B]Disco Inferno [/B]hits, and with the ever beautiful [B]Kimberly Page[/B] he stands at the top of the ramp with a microphone. "Groovin! Groovin Sacramento, last night, all my dreams came true. Like a great disco king, I craved the gold.. from gold chains to the gold of this beautiful Championship. And Eddie Guerrero, you were a great fighting champion. But I want to prove to you that last night was no fluke. I see you have come with a little friend, so I will give you a rematch... right here... right now... NO DISQUALIFICATION! Bust a move baby!" Disco runs down to the ring, ducks an errant steel chair from Eddie, and the two men begin brawling as referee Billy Silverman signals for the bell. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Disco_Inferno4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/EddyGuerrero2.jpg[/IMG] No Disqualification Match WCW Television Championship Disco Inferno (c) v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] The two men continue to rumble before Disco pulls Eddie to the outside, where the brawling carries on up the aisle. This is just a good old fashioned street fight. There's no psychology, it's just brutal warfare. The steel guard rails take a hell of a clattering, as Eddie releases all his pent up aggression on Disco. A couple of times on the entrance ramp Eddie tries a quick roll up, but Disco is alert, despite the savagery of the match. Eddie takes Disco and rams him head first into the lighting display at the bottom of the Turner Tron, and Disco instinctively rolls free as the electric sparks ignite to fear him for instant life decapitation. On and on this type of brutality continues... Eddie's great weakness though is exposed, as he tries to hit on [B]Kimberly[/B], who acts innocent, trying to defend herself. This allows Disco to come up from behind Eddie, spin him around, kick him to the guts and hit the Chartbuster, for a gutsy victory. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Disco Inferno[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Post match, [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] laid on the floor, looking up and seeing [B]Disco Inferno[/B] in the crowd, holding aloft his WCW Television Championship. [B]Kimberly Page[/B] blew a kiss and threw him a wink, as Eddie thrust his fist into the ground in disbelief as he cursed his mind that his erotic mandate had cost him the Championship again. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Big_Show13.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Lizmark_Jr.jpg[/IMG] The Giant v Lizmark Jr[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] I hope you weren't expecting a long, drawn out technical masterclass. Because you sure didn't get one. I'll let y'all decide how this one ended... Hint: Chokeslam. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, the Giant[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Backstage, [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] is busy throwing magazine covers featuring Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat into a miniature bonfire. [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko [/B]notices this and rushes up to the Fallen Angel who raises his hand to halt him. "Show me the way, oh lord," The Fallen Angel cries out. "The way to vindication and righteousness is through condemnation of those who fail to open a path for the way to divinity..." Malenko ends up shaking his head, and grabs the Fallen Angel by his jacket collar. "This man is a great wrestler," Malenko says, highlighting why he is the worst speaker in WCW. "You must stop this at once or I will be forced to thrash you. This is not good. You must behave!" Wow, very creative. His eyes were flashing all over the place as his nerves shot to hell. The Fallen Angel merely smiled, as Malenko walked off. Thankfully only a very short piece, so as to therefore not ruin the whole show. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/StevenRegal2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ScottSteiner3.jpg[/IMG] 'Lord' Steven Regal v Scott Steiner[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Regal was quite intense, and took the fight to Steiner. But the former WCW Tag Team Champion was resilient against Regal's rough house tactics, and eventually responded with a demonstration of suplexing brilliance, ending the match with his legendary Frankeinsteiner. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Scott Steiner[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Back we go to the office of [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B], who is on his cell phone. "Yeah...? Look, they're the terms, man.... Look, I know you're going to upset a lot of people... Yes I know, Junior up there included... But it's what you should do... You know that as well as I... Good... Good... Just sign the release, and let's shock the world..." Bischoff's smile was cynical as we faded out to a break. [CENTER]---------------------------[/CENTER] After the break, [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] sat on his lonesome in a confined dressing room. He sat there with the paper cup of water on his lap, looking into it as if it held divine qualities. Suddenly, [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] walked into the dressing room, trying to find Benoit. Benoit stood up, and looked at Goldberg eye to eye. "You know what's right, Chris," Goldberg said. "Don't make me..." "Make you what?" Benoit said as he shouldered up to him. "You and I both knew this day would come. What this is abbbouuuuttt is respect Bill..." "Oh, and going to the nWo would give you that?" Benoit turned around and sat down, refusing to look at Goldberg who merely starting shaking his head. "And I thought you weren't a coward," Goldberg commented. "Ric taught us to be that way.." As Goldberg turned to leave, Benoit got back on his feet and pulled Goldberg's shoulder to turn him back around. "No," Benoit retorted. "Ric Flair told us to challenge ourselves. He taught us to lead the fine life, enjoy the luxuries. Have you seen the money, Bill? Above all else Bill, he taught us to go for broke..." "What are you trying to say Chris?" Goldberg asked. "You really think I need to dignify that question with an answer?" He returned fire. Goldberg shook his head, and left, frustrated at Benoit's disobedience to the cause. [CENTER]-----------------------[/CENTER] In another dressing room (how many does this baby have?), [B]'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith[/B] came into the dressing room of [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B], who had his trunks taken down to his waist, as the sweat and misery from the earlier bout stained his face. Hart looked up, shattered physically and mentally from the match, but observant none the less to his long lost companion of many years, Davey Boy. "Good win old chum," Davey offered, as he extended his hand. Bret Hart was confused, but reluctantly shook his hand. Davey pulled him up, and then in an instant irish whipped him to the wall. Hart's hands barely blocked his face from the hit, as he catapulted back into the unforgiving concrete floor. As Hart laid on the ground grabbing at the side of his head, Davey Boy's eyes narrowed, as a sinister grin cut across his face. Davey Boy Smith tells Bret Hart that the Hart family is going to disown him [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Konnan10.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BookerT1999.jpg[/IMG] 'K-Dawg' Konnan v Booker T[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Konnan called for, and got, a number of rest spots in this match. Konnan had the assistance of [B]'Ravishing' Rick Rude[/B] and [B]Vincent[/B] at ringside, who at all times kept Booker T occupied. There appeared no way out for Booker, until he hit a startling spinning kick to the head, which completely flattened Konnan. Rick Rude got up on the apron, but Booker knocked him off, and Vincent ran in and copped a Book-End. Booker covered Konnan for a terrific win. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Booker T[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] We cut backstage almost immediately following the match where [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] is viciously pounding on the face of [B]Sting[/B]. The face paint is beginning to wear off. "You! You tried to take away my respect last night," Jericho shouted as he pounded his face. "They... They... They are STILL talking about YOU!" Suddenly, [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] ran onto the scene, and 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho quickly dispersed. Savage helped Sting up, but as Sting stood and nodded his head in respect, Savage responded with a vicious discus lariat to the head of Sting, knocking the legend to the ground! What the hell was that all about from Randy Savage? [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bill_Goldberg5.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Buff_Bagwell.jpg[/IMG] Bill Goldberg v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Buff tried to get Goldberg to the mat, but the sheer power and tenacity of Goldberg simply refused to allow it. When the crowd started chanting his name, he responded in turn by spearing, and Jackhammering Bagwell for the victory. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Bill Goldberg[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] [B]Curt Hennig[/B], [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B], [B]'Ravishing' Rick Rude[/B] and [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin[/B] Nash raced down to the ring and immediately began to put a hit on [B]Bill Goldberg[/B]. It was clear Bagwell was simply bait, bait to get Goldberg isolated for the nWo to do it's damage. '[B]Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] raced down from the back, and the nWo dispersed from the ring. 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash flicked Benoit the nWo sign, and Benoit merely nodded, before turning to Goldberg. Goldberg stood there not knowing who the attack came from, he knew obviously that Hennig and a couple of others were involved, but he seemed reluctant to accept that Benoit had not been. The two men jawed off against one another, as Monday Nitro faded out, leaving us to wonder.... Where do Chris Benoit's allegiances lie?

As always, look forward to your feedback from Monday Nitro. I try to make the follow up card to a Pay-Per-View somewhat of a commemoration of what went down the night before, but then a very quick change to the many questions that lie ahead, and to me it came together quite well. It was a little bit more edgey with some of the more hardcore action in the midcard, and I try not to overdo that it wasn't really WCW's style to do that at that stage, but it was enjoyable to me none the less as the edgey product served a storyline purpose. I really hope you enjoyed the Chris Jericho-mini Goldberg segment that leads to the internal turmoil of the Horsemen, as this is a throw back to something that did occur in WCW, a storyline that never really got fully executed that had a heap of potential. In some ways it was a tribute to that, because there were some laugh out loud moments from that feud that really intensified my man-lub of Jericho and WCW. As much as Jericho has turned into an absolute great, that feud and his feud with Malenko is Jericho as an entertainer at his absolute best IMO. [CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG] [I]Dark clouds are circling the Four Horsemen. The aspirations and ambitions of one young superstar could prevail to counter all that the Horsemen are standing for - the greater good of retaining tradition in professional wrestling. Will this issue come to a head at Thunder? Will the issue be sorted? Or will the Horsemen splinter into factions and cause the ultimate triumph for the master politician, the master ego, Eric Bischoff. Find out, as the nWo-Four Horsemen war rages on the Oregon Trail as we hit Portland, Oregon[/I][/CENTER] [U]Quick Picks[/U] Non Title Match: WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger v Masahiro Chono WCW Television Championship: Disco Inferno (c) v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v The British Connection ('Lord' Steven Regal and 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay) 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v Raven World Tag Team Championships: Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v Supernova Extreme X (Psicosis and Ultimo Dragon) 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair v 'K-Dawg' Konnan WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v 'Macho Man' Randy Savage and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger

I suck at leaving comments and such, but just to say this is still pure gold. The PPV was very well written, with the way you've been handling Jericho, Benoit and Goldberg particular highlights. And the Benoit/Goldberg angle that ypu've started on Nitro is looking pure filth already. Lovin' it! Anyway... Non Title Match: WCW Cruiserweight Champion [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B] v Masahiro Chono WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno[/B] (c) v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]The British Connection[/B] ('Lord' Steven Regal and 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay) 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v [B]Raven[/B] World Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] (c) v Supernova Extreme X (Psicosis and Ultimo Dragon) [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] v 'K-Dawg' Konnan [B]WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] v 'Macho Man' Randy Savage and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger Bravo. Encore...

I tell you what, this Benoit storlyine is fantastic. I don't think you will turn him to another nWo lackey because he has legs as a rebel, but it's absolutely brilliant. It seemed so certain that Goldberg was going to Starrcade that I wondered how you would keep him interesting in the build up and this is certainly the way to do it. And Benoit has come out of the last few months looking like a million bucks. Brilliant. Non Title Match: WCW Cruiserweight Champion [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B] v Masahiro Chono [I]Just to carry on his momentum, although the non-title stipulations make me wonder...[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno (c) [/B]v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle [I]You've done a great job getting Disco over and making his title win mean something really special, you wouldn't ruin that to give the title to someone who doesn't really deserve it this soon[/I] [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v The British Connection ('Lord' Steven Regal and 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay) [I]These two are become amongst the core of your shows and it's a great call. I obviously like Regal and Finlay but Eddie and DDP are the ones to go over, unless DDP gets annoyed at Eddie's constant hitting on his wife and costs them the match[/I] 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v [B]Raven[/B] [I]You know what I think about Kanyon, but he's really got no place beating a character as well developed as Raven[/I] World Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c)[/B] v Supernova Extreme X (Psicosis and Ultimo Dragon) [I]It's been such a good title run that it's like the Eddie situation- it needs to be a huge match with a worthwhile winner to not negate the previous few months of booking[/I] [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair [/B]v 'K-Dawg' Konnan [I]Naitch is the one will something going for him at the moment. Would be a great moment to see him give Bischoff what is coming to him[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart [/B]v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger [I]Because of the name value really. But Jericho could just as easily pick up the win for his side. Kudos on making him SUCH a believable champion in the face of a lot of doubt, by the way[/I]

Guest cmdrsam
Non Title Match: WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger v [B]Masahiro Chono[/B] WCW Television Championship: Disco Inferno (c) v [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/B] [B]Disco keeps title on DQ[/B] [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v The British Connection ('Lord' Steven Regal and 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay) [B]GRRRR. Tough call.[/B] 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v [B]Raven[/B] World Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c)[/B] v Supernova Extreme X (Psicosis and Ultimo Dragon) [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] v 'K-Dawg' Konnan WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger [B]Hart loses I riot you hear me!!! ;)[/B]

Agreed on the Benoit story, totally believable. It was surprising at first, but makes complete sense and sets up a compelling storyline for the month. You ended Nitro just at the right moment too because I can't wait to see what happens next. Non Title Match: WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger v [B]Masahiro Chono[/B] Lyger can afford to lose none title here. WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno (c)[/B] v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle Well I'd be very surprised to see Disco lose here but stranger things have happened. If feels bizarre picking Disco over Angle but I do it with pride! 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]The British Connection ('Lord' Steven Regal and 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay)[/B] Why not? No way Eddie and DDP get along and a loss only helps build the story between the two whilst doing them no harm in the long run 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v [B]Raven[/B] Another Gutsy display from Raven who scrapes the victory before being scraped out of the ring. World Tag Team Championships:[B] Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c)[/B] v Supernova Extreme X (Psicosis and Ultimo Dragon) Long Live The Juniors! [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair [/B]v 'K-Dawg' Konnan Flair is Flair, I can't see him losing to Konnan, but I fear an intrusion from Bischoff will make things far from easy. WCW World Heavyweight Champion [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] v 'Macho Man' Randy Savage and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger I'm not sure who to go for here...part of me wants to pick Smith and Luger just because I see them sneaking it...but I'm going to plump for The champ and Buff. Oh wait, I've been far too serious here. Erm...Knight Rider vs T[B]he White Hummer [/B]vs Judy Bagwell in a Tony Danza on a pole match. Everybody knows The Hummer has a huge bromance with Danza, and will strive to stop him falling into the evil clutches of Rider or Judy, who will use him as a sexual puppet, nothing more or less. The finish will see Judy Bagwell piss in a ball pool before being disqualified for gross indecency. Hummer and Rider square off, engines revving, before the lights go out...when they come back on... A Black and Decker work bench is in the ring! He starts up the cirular saw and chops both motor vehicle in half, creating a hybrid of epic proportions! The new siamese twins decide to make the best of the situation, but it soon transpires that they are sharing a fanbelt, and only one can survive. Knight Rider decides he shall die so that Hummer can live, and Dr Who comes to the ring and uses his sonic screwdriver to seperate the two vehicles, then flies off in the tardis with Knight Rider. Hummer is left to claim Tony Danza, yet he is no longer the prize he once was... Perhaps Hummer has learnt the true value of friendship...or Maybe Danza contracts Bird Flu. Im not sure.

Non Title Match: WCW Cruiserweight Champion [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B] v Masahiro Chono [I]It may be non title but Lyger still looks strong.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno (c)[/B] v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle [I]Disco Fever Baby![/I] [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v The British Connection ('Lord' Steven Regal and 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay) [I]The obvious choice[/I] 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v [B]Raven[/B] [I]Quote the Raven...Nevermore.[/I] World Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c)[/B] v Supernova Extreme X (Psicosis and Ultimo Dragon) [I]Rey Rey and Chavo retain the belts all the way to Starrcade.[/I] [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] v 'K-Dawg' Konnan [I]He's known as The Man for a reason![/I] [B]WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] v 'Macho Man' Randy Savage and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger [I]Bret and Bulldog cancel each other out, enabling Jericho to sneak in a pinfall.[/I]

Just to reiterate the comments made about the Benoit twist. Brilliant stuff basically. I have no idea which way its going to go which makes it even better. I still think Goldberg will land the title at Starrcade though, but Benoit being in the mix just makes perfect sense and keeps us guessing until closer to the pay per view. Non Title Match: [B]WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B] v Masahiro Chono [I]Lyger gets an impressive win here to further take him away from the cruiserweight scene.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno (c)[/B] v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle [I]Would obviously love to see Angle capture the title, but Disco deserves a good run.[/I] [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v The British Connection ('Lord' Steven Regal and 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay) [I]Some sort of interference or miscommunication would be the only way they could lose this I think.[/I] 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v [B]Raven[/B] [I]Raven needs to keep up his impressive form as he character continues to develop.[/I] World Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c)[/B] v Supernova Extreme X (Psicosis and Ultimo Dragon) [I]I agree with Keef here. I would be surprising to see them lose the belts, after such a good run, in a television match like this.[/I] [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] v 'K-Dawg' Konnan [I]Looking forward to some more Bischoff/Flair confrontations. I can sense something big for Starrcade.[/I] [B]WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] v 'Macho Man' Randy Savage and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger [I]This is just perfect for Jericho to sneak the win.[/I] Simply can't wait for Starrcade mate. It's gonna be huge!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/highway-1.jpg[/IMG] ______________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [FONT="Century Gothic"][CENTER][I]"In this game, there are a lot of guys who go dangerously close to going over the edge."[/I][/CENTER][/FONT] [RIGHT]WCW Power Plant Trainer Sgt Buddy Lee Parker[/RIGHT] [CENTER]______________________________________________________________[/CENTER] You can see the intensity burning in his eyes. The fire, the passion, the commitment to excellence and servitude to the cause of wrestling domination burns a hole right through you. The intensity of the knife edge chops, the brutal self decapitation to dive head first from five foot high in the air ten feet halfway across the ring, the look of disdain for anyone who dares get in the way. Some may call it a lack of charisma, but those in the know, including 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson, who has been this man's mentor claim that it's his unbridled passion and intensity that brings the reality of the situation to television screens across the world on a weekly basis. "People mistake charisma as being the element," Anderson said to me earlier this week. "They look a man and look to see if he has a sexy look, if his body is chiseled, if he has slick hair, whether he has a perfect while bright full smile. But I ask you, if you look over history at all the great fighters, how many of them, save perhaps Muhammad Ali himself, could go night in night out getting his head smashed in for the good of the cause and come out looking beautiful. To me, charisma is skin deep. It's about being committed to the task and about bringing the reality of it all home. This man does all that he needs to to get a crowd involved, and he doesn't need to raise an eye brow." At the end of most nights, he cuts a lonely figure in the dressing room. Long after most of the glamorous superstars have left, or those sadistic folk like Raven have gone to the emergency ward, this man sits reviewing his performance and plotting an action plan of how to get better. He sits there plotting how he can damage himself more in order to get the ultimate shot at glory. "In this game, there are a lot of guys who go dangerously close to going over the edge," WCW Power Plant trainer Sgt Buddy Lee Parker says. "It's a real fine line between the disciplines required to get to the top and the ability to lead a full, normal life, where possible. The fact is, these guys will wrestle 3 or 4 times a week from the televised show on Monday's and Thursday's to wrestlin in small town America in front of 500 on Tuesday's and Friday's. They travel and criss cross across the nation, let alone the states. Most of these guys won't last a year, but the best of the best that you see in WCW, they fight it out. They keep going. And it's a very difficult task for both the wrestler and the promotion to work out the right balance between a disciplined life for wrestling, and having some semblance of work life balance. Over the years we have seen some real basket cases, and I'm not real sure how well we're balancing it out. This life is tough, and the guys at the top, they may have subconsciously made the biggest sacrifices already without knowing it. It's a frightening thought." "Some leave that ring, the tension, the anxiety, it runs through their veins," Arn Anderson added. "You look at a guy like Randy Savage, and you see a very fired up character. Some guys don't have an off switch that's easily accessible, or some guys are becoming so focussed that the off switch is becoming harder to find. But when you are going for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, one has to remember it's like climbing Mt Everest for a mountaineer. It's the pinnacle." And that pinnacle is what this wrestler craves. This last Monday night on Monday Nitro, in Sacramento California, his whole life swept before his eyes. From learning in the dungeon, wrestling under a mask in Canada, being put through tables in Paul Heyman's Extreme Championship Wrestling, and finally to the big time in World Championship Wrestling, everything suddenly became a blur. And as I sat with him in his dressing room after the event, I found it difficult to talk to him to get the words I needed to craft this report. Instead, I had to rely on those closest to him like Arn Anderson and Sgt Buddy Lee Parker to let me know more about this worldwide superstar, who with a spot of luck, a lot of tenacity, courage, and skill could well be the biggest superstar in professional sports in just two months time. "The modern day wrestler has a terribly tough association," WCW writer Mark Daniels commented. "You know, back when we had the old territorial system, you could see long term feuds. Why? Because a lot of the action wasn't televised, so the product being repeated was fresh between the towns. They didn't have the internet to broadcast the results. It kept it all fresh. Nowadays, with mainstream media, a wrestler has to be an athletic God to get by without a catchy gimmick. He will be forced into several feuds throughout the air to keep fresh, and if a feud does extend he needs to be creative enough to pull out something different to carry the story on. This particular wrestler... he can carry a feud like that, because he is the definition of the complete in ring wrestler." Some wrestlers get by on gigantic proportion elements. This guy weighs 234 pounds. Some wrestlers get by with catchy gimmicks. But you won't find him driving a low-rider to the ring or flipping the bird to the crowd. He's just an in ring master worker. Nothing more, nothing less. Some guys get by on a flashy smile. There's a school of thought that suggests that some of this guy's teeth are false, simply because he takes it so seriously that he'd literally shell teeth to please the fans. Some guys get by due to the gang support element that stacks the numbers in their favour. This guy prefers to go it alone. The modern wrestler is diverse. This character, who could very well be our next WCW World Heavyweight Champion is simplistic. For Chris Benoit, wrestling is life. His wife was 'won' in professional wrestling. He has seen the better and worse parts of the world through professional wrestling. He's made his name from being an average unknown in his home town to being a world renowned athletic superstar, through professional wrestling. Yet for everything he's achieved, from being the Wild Pegasus, to being a Four Horsemen, he will tell you until he wins the WCW World Heavyweight Championship that he has achieved nothing. The Divinyls sing that it's a fine line between pleasure and pain, a rugged balancing act. How do you survive and become the pinnacle? Chris Benoit hopes soon he can answer that question.

I have to say, that is risky doing an article on Benoit in that way with what happened in real life but I think you pulled it off. I don't necessarily agree with everything that was said in there, but I think I might have enjoyed that one even more than the Raven one. It was beautifully written and a fascinating article. I really, really loved it. You, sir, are the don around here at the moment as far as I'm concerned.

Non Title Match: [B]WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [/B]v Masahiro Chono WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno [/B](c) v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v The British Connection ('Lord' Steven Regal and 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay) 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v [B]Raven[/B] [B]World Tag Team Championships: Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr [/B](c) v Supernova Extreme X (Psicosis and Ultimo Dragon) [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] v 'K-Dawg' Konnan WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart [/B]v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger

[QUOTE=keefmoon;748858]I have to say, that is risky doing an article on Benoit in that way with what happened in real life but I think you pulled it off. I don't necessarily agree with everything that was said in there, but I think I might have enjoyed that one even more than the Raven one. It was beautifully written and a fascinating article. I really, really loved it. You, sir, are the don around here at the moment as far as I'm concerned.[/QUOTE] Thanks for that feedback mate. I found myself struggling between two motivations when writing the piece. The first, that I had identified early in the piece that I wanted to remain truthful to 1998 and what I knew in 1998 without booking around the ramifications of 2007... but as I wrote it I felt some cynicism towards Benoit in this diary for the first time, and I guess that's just the reality of human emotions. I found it to be a very difficult piece to write, and I enjoy that about the Down the Highway segment, as I can try and use it to bring the 'reality' of professional wrestling to life.

[QUOTE=tristram;749438]Thanks for that feedback mate. I found myself struggling between two motivations when writing the piece. The first, that I had identified early in the piece that I wanted to remain truthful to 1998 and what I knew in 1998 without booking around the ramifications of 2007... but as I wrote it I felt some cynicism towards Benoit in this diary for the first time, and I guess that's just the reality of human emotions. I found it to be a very difficult piece to write, and I enjoy that about the Down the Highway segment, as I can try and use it to bring the 'reality' of professional wrestling to life.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I can completely understand that, mate, it makes perfect sense. I still think it was worth doing because we should be able to make a distinction between the character in a diary and what happened in real life. I really enjoyed the article, so it was really worth doing.

Benoit's always been a favourite wrestler of mine, I now hate him as a person and no amount of brain damage can condone what he did, but I still enjoy watching his matches. His match with Kurt Angle at Mania 17 is pure brilliance as was his triple threat match at Mania 20. I wasn't really much of a fan of WCW so I missed all of his work in that promotion, but in this diary I think I want him to get the title more than Goldberg. Goldberg would be the obvious choice because he has the streak and is physically more dominant, but the fact that Benoit has entered the mix unexpectedly makes me want him to get the rub. All your segments are fantastically well written mate. All the time. This down the highway segment about Benoit and the one about Raven have been top class though.

Sorry for the slow down in shows, I have family staying at the moment... Anyhow, I have one thing to report, last night I went to Hulkamania in Sydney. Was, surprisingly, a good show... I think I've remembered all the matches, so here's my review. ----------------------- First match was [B]Val Venis v Godfather[/B]. Godfather challenged Val Venis that if Val won he could have his hos for free tonight, and if Godfather won Val would have to pay triple. Good match, in my opinion, nothing overly flashy but solid basics. Godfather got the win. [B]Nasty Boys v Rock of Love[/B]. The match was thrown out for a double count out, straight up. I was a bit annoyed, but was happily surprised later on. [B] Jon Heidenreich v Eugene[/B]. Jon Heidenreich won, Eugene performed the Hulk Hogan no sell to Andre and then the scoop slam of Andre, was quite funny. [B] Nasty Boys v Rock of Love[/B]. We cut to the back, big brawl, Jimmy Hart asks for this to become an Australian Street Fight, which is allowed. The match wasn't that good. Some of the stuff to me was a little anti-hardcore. They used a table, but didn't go through it, instead of setting up a table in the corner to irish whip the dude through they used like what looked like cheap fibro almost bordering on cardboard, and as far as weapons go, softer objects like the plastic no slip signs and water bottles were used. Fairly lame, but good for nostalgic Nasty Boys times. [B]Gangrel and Elmo Fatu v Rikishi and Grandmaster Sexay[/B]. Good match. Rikishi looks badly out of shape. I actually worry about his health, he just was not looking good. That said, the usual Too Cool dance spots were fun as hell, and he did back that baby up nice and good into Elmo Fatu's face. Heh. Funny. Grandmaster Sexay was solid if not exceptional, and missed a spot towards the end unfortunately where he was supposed to hit the middle rope and fly back with a cross body block, but he slipped... Gangrel and Fatu won. [B]Spartan 3000 Matt Cross v Shannon Moore[/B], ladder match. Shannon Moore needs to be in TNA, seriously, IMO he is so underrated. I know there was always the school of thought that he didn't have the look, but I like the new look. Spartan 3000 Matt Cross won, after some brutal spots. [B]Brutus the Barber Beefcake v Orlando Jordan[/B]. Really average match. I know a lot of people are high on Orlando eventually coming back to the mainstream, but unless he improves the crispness of his basic moves, he won't make it. You see the overhand chops, the punches, the slaps, you'd swear they're missing by a foot and when they do hit there's no snap to them. He's got the look, he's definitely got the athleticism, but he needs to go back and get some vigour into his basic shots. Brutus was ordinary too. Beefcake won, and then left the ring fairly quickly after snipping Orlando's hair when Jimmy Hart told him what the whole audience had figured out.... that Brutii's pants had split, right in the what goes in must come out region. It was funny to see Brutus grab at it, and basically high tail it out of there. Must say, for an older guy, Beefcake is in quite good shape. [B]Mr Kennedy v Umaga[/B]. Man, Umaga hits like a freight train. And his agility to snap off the kicks that he does! WOW! At one point one corner of the right lifted off the ground and moved half a foot due to how hard he had hit the corner. Mr Kennedy can sure as heck work, really put on a good show. He took a spot that I thought was dangerous as hell when he got Umaga into a fireman's carry, and then Umaga dropped straight on his neck. Mr Kennedy was of course, good on the mic, and he even hit the Sound Check but the referee was knocked out. Umaga ended up winning. As someone who likes TNA, I hope Hogan was impressed and can use his leverage to bring these two, plus Shannon Moore into TNA. [B]Hulk Hogan v Ric Flair[/B]. I'll tell you one thing, Ric Flair is unbelievably popular. The amount of 'WOOOOOOOs' going on was amazing. THe match was no DQ and Flair had Heidenreich, Umaga, and a few others assisting him. Ric Flair was also being managed by Lacey Von Erich, who also got involved. Man, Flair's reverse knife edge shots sound sick! This was the first time I had seen Ric or Hogan in action, and to be like 20-30 metres back from them was an awesome feeling. To see how they both worked the crowd, how they sold their roles, even just the basics of seeing Ric Flair's blue sequined robe... amazing. It was something I had always wanted to see. Irrespective of work rates etc, people will always come out to see a Hogan or a Flair. My only previous semi-main stream shows live was WCW Nitro (a basic house show), and WWA with Bret Hart, Scott Steiner and Jeff Jarrett. None of the atmospheres in those cards got close to what Flair and Hogan were able to draw, not even Goldberg. Of course, Hogan won, and even I didn't mind that. [U]Undisputed Highlight of the Night[/U] In the intermission, in the crowd, a fake match was going on between a Undertaker (old school) lookalike and an Ultimate Warrior lookalike. Funny as all hell, Warrior was reaching for the skies, pumping the arms, doing everything the Warrior does. They were just people in the crowd, and the crowd was getting into it. When Warrior was in the sleeper hold, fans were clapping and stamping their feet to get him out of it. Classic stuff. So yeah, I don't usually give reviews like this, but I thought it was fun. TNA and WWE are both coming out next year, I'm seriously tempted to go to TNA because if slower workers could make it as enjoyable as that was, I'd love to see what the likes of Daniels, the MCMG etc could do in Sydney-town!

[QUOTE=tristram;751619]Sorry for the slow down in shows, I have family staying at the moment... Anyhow, I have one thing to report, last night I went to Hulkamania in Sydney. Was, surprisingly, a good show... I think I've remembered all the matches, so here's my review. ----------------------- First match was [B]Val Venis v Godfather[/B]. Godfather challenged Val Venis that if Val won he could have his hos for free tonight, and if Godfather won Val would have to pay triple. Good match, in my opinion, nothing overly flashy but solid basics. Godfather got the win. [B]Nasty Boys v Rock of Love[/B]. The match was thrown out for a double count out, straight up. I was a bit annoyed, but was happily surprised later on. [B] Jon Heidenreich v Eugene[/B]. Jon Heidenreich won, Eugene performed the Hulk Hogan no sell to Andre and then the scoop slam of Andre, was quite funny. [B] Nasty Boys v Rock of Love[/B]. We cut to the back, big brawl, Jimmy Hart asks for this to become an Australian Street Fight, which is allowed. The match wasn't that good. Some of the stuff to me was a little anti-hardcore. They used a table, but didn't go through it, instead of setting up a table in the corner to irish whip the dude through they used like what looked like cheap fibro almost bordering on cardboard, and as far as weapons go, softer objects like the plastic no slip signs and water bottles were used. Fairly lame, but good for nostalgic Nasty Boys times. [B]Gangrel and Elmo Fatu v Rikishi and Grandmaster Sexay[/B]. Good match. Rikishi looks badly out of shape. I actually worry about his health, he just was not looking good. That said, the usual Too Cool dance spots were fun as hell, and he did back that baby up nice and good into Elmo Fatu's face. Heh. Funny. Grandmaster Sexay was solid if not exceptional, and missed a spot towards the end unfortunately where he was supposed to hit the middle rope and fly back with a cross body block, but he slipped... Gangrel and Fatu won. [B]Spartan 3000 Matt Cross v Shannon Moore[/B], ladder match. Shannon Moore needs to be in TNA, seriously, IMO he is so underrated. I know there was always the school of thought that he didn't have the look, but I like the new look. Spartan 3000 Matt Cross won, after some brutal spots. [B]Brutus the Barber Beefcake v Orlando Jordan[/B]. Really average match. I know a lot of people are high on Orlando eventually coming back to the mainstream, but unless he improves the crispness of his basic moves, he won't make it. You see the overhand chops, the punches, the slaps, you'd swear they're missing by a foot and when they do hit there's no snap to them. He's got the look, he's definitely got the athleticism, but he needs to go back and get some vigour into his basic shots. Brutus was ordinary too. Beefcake won, and then left the ring fairly quickly after snipping Orlando's hair when Jimmy Hart told him what the whole audience had figured out.... that Brutii's pants had split, right in the what goes in must come out region. It was funny to see Brutus grab at it, and basically high tail it out of there. Must say, for an older guy, Beefcake is in quite good shape. [B]Mr Kennedy v Umaga[/B]. Man, Umaga hits like a freight train. And his agility to snap off the kicks that he does! WOW! At one point one corner of the right lifted off the ground and moved half a foot due to how hard he had hit the corner. Mr Kennedy can sure as heck work, really put on a good show. He took a spot that I thought was dangerous as hell when he got Umaga into a fireman's carry, and then Umaga dropped straight on his neck. Mr Kennedy was of course, good on the mic, and he even hit the Sound Check but the referee was knocked out. Umaga ended up winning. As someone who likes TNA, I hope Hogan was impressed and can use his leverage to bring these two, plus Shannon Moore into TNA. [B]Hulk Hogan v Ric Flair[/B]. I'll tell you one thing, Ric Flair is unbelievably popular. The amount of 'WOOOOOOOs' going on was amazing. THe match was no DQ and Flair had Heidenreich, Umaga, and a few others assisting him. Ric Flair was also being managed by Lacey Von Erich, who also got involved. Man, Flair's reverse knife edge shots sound sick! This was the first time I had seen Ric or Hogan in action, and to be like 20-30 metres back from them was an awesome feeling. To see how they both worked the crowd, how they sold their roles, even just the basics of seeing Ric Flair's blue sequined robe... amazing. It was something I had always wanted to see. Irrespective of work rates etc, people will always come out to see a Hogan or a Flair. My only previous semi-main stream shows live was WCW Nitro (a basic house show), and WWA with Bret Hart, Scott Steiner and Jeff Jarrett. None of the atmospheres in those cards got close to what Flair and Hogan were able to draw, not even Goldberg. Of course, Hogan won, and even I didn't mind that. [U]Undisputed Highlight of the Night[/U] In the intermission, in the crowd, a fake match was going on between a Undertaker (old school) lookalike and an Ultimate Warrior lookalike. Funny as all hell, Warrior was reaching for the skies, pumping the arms, doing everything the Warrior does. They were just people in the crowd, and the crowd was getting into it. When Warrior was in the sleeper hold, fans were clapping and stamping their feet to get him out of it. Classic stuff. So yeah, I don't usually give reviews like this, but I thought it was fun. TNA and WWE are both coming out next year, I'm seriously tempted to go to TNA because if slower workers could make it as enjoyable as that was, I'd love to see what the likes of Daniels, the MCMG etc could do in Sydney-town![/QUOTE] Doesnt sound that bad of a show lol wished I had gone to the Melbourne one but my brother broke his ankle and theres no-way I would take the missus lol Hope Hogan comes over for the TNA tour. Who are Rock of Love?

[QUOTE=Basmat01;751831]Doesnt sound that bad of a show lol wished I had gone to the Melbourne one but my brother broke his ankle and theres no-way I would take the missus lol Hope Hogan comes over for the TNA tour. Who are Rock of Love?[/QUOTE] No idea who Rock of Love are, they looked like scrubbers and really didn't add anything to the card. I went with my mrs, and I suppose I can gauge the night's success on the amount of times she asked "Who's that?" "What's his problem?", and to be honest, there were very few of those so for her, an uninitiated fan, it was quite good so ... yeah, good night. [QUOTE=darthsiddus2;751915]don't worry about it my friend. as we say in the efed world Real Life < Fed/diary life[/QUOTE] Yep, family is important. Should be back on this bad boy at the end of the week, maybe some Schiavone Reports/Down the Highways to fill in in the interim. I'm looking forward to rocking towards Starrcade, this is the most I've enjoyed any diary at any point of my diary career because all the loose ends are about to be tied back together and I'm in a bundle of nerves hoping it is as good in your eyes as it is in my mind!

Dude, I'd totally recommend going to a TNA show to anybody. Me and my sister had been to a WWE house show here in Manchester a few years back and it wa a little dissapointing. Sure, we saw Flair vs HHH and Angle vs Cena, but they seemed to be going through the motions... Fast forward to last year and we went to the TNA UK tour in Manchester and it was really on another level. The wrestling was awesome, the crowd was electric (despite being about half the size of what the WWE show was) and there was a hell of a lot of interaction with the fans. JB was funny on the mic and worked the crowd well, it was an honour to meet Mick Foley, Matt Morgan is freaking huge, Samoa Joe was over like craaaazy, Beer Money vs The Dudleyz was the best old school comedy match I've ever seen...sorry I'm rambling. The fact is TNA puts so much more effort into house shows and think you'd have a great time. In fact, we are going back again this January...just keep it quiet coz it's my sisters christmas present...shhhhh

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] At the top of the show, [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B], in a black suit is walking to the ring, walks to the ring accompanied by [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] and [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B], of the New World Order. We haven't even had time to make the introductions as Jericho, arrogantly slumping the belt over his left shoulder has the pyros burst behind him before ignoring the fans and climbing the steps to the apron, raising his arms in mock adulation, and walking to the centre of the ring to collect the microphone from David Penzer. "Welcome to Thursday Night Jericho!" Jericho says with a smirk. "I am your WCW World Heavyweight Champion, your paragon of good virtue, and I am the leader for all you Jerichoholics! But despite all that, I still find myself not getting the respect I deserve. I still find myself getting second mentions to the likes of Sting the Goat Herder. And as far as I'm concer.." [I]OOH YEAH![/I] 'Pomp and Circumstance' begins playing through the arena as '[B]Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] walks forward through the curtain to the top of the apron to a cocophany of boos. "What the hell is he doing here?" 'Iron' Mike Tenay asks in commentary. "Just last Monday night, he turned his back on Sting!" Savage twirls his finger in the air and then raises a microphone to address Chris Jericho. "OOOOOH YEAH! The madness yeah it occupies my veins and it drives signals yeah that you are right... Yes you are RIGHT Chris JeRICho!" Jericho nods his head. "But you are not alone, yeah, in despising the Stinger. You see as I live and breathe and stand before you yeah, and as the blood pumps through my veins my vision becomes hazy YEAH with everytime Sting comes onto the scene. You see, for all they say Sting is, I see someone comPLETEleeeeeey different, yeah! I see a man who hides up in the rafters, a man who hides behind paint, yeah, and I see someone who isn't what he says he is. But you know what Chris, you and I yeah, we're not alone..." The skatty electronic theme song of Bret 'The Hitman' Hart hits, but instead of the 'Hitman' arriving, we look up at the Turner Tron and see [B]Bret Hart[/B] backstage, sitting in his dressing room. "You are not alone Randy," Bret Hart begins. "I am here with you..." "Wait a second, what's that bottom feeding trash bag doing on MY show?" Chris Jericho asks. "Yeah, Chris Jericho!" Randy Savage replies. "We're here to say we TOO... yeah, we don't support Sting. But... we don't support YOU either." "Oh yeah?" Chris Jericho replies, with a look of concern. "And what do you propose to do about it?" Just then, Bret Hart in his dressing room produces a piece of paper. "This is what I'm talking abooouut," Hart says. "This is from the WCW Executive Committee. And what it says is this, Chris. Tonight, there will be a three way tag match. You see, Sting couldn't be here tonight, or at least, he has not been seen as I never trust him, but we're all hoping he ran into a little misfortune," Hart says with a laugh. "So tonight, representing Sting will be his best gal pal Lex Luger and... Davey Boy ... in another corner, will be you and Buff Bagwell. And finally, Randy Savage and the Hitman will team for the FIRST TIME EVER.. right here in WCW, here on Thunder. And tonight Chris Jericho, you and Buff and Luger, and especially Davey Boy... tonight you all find out just why they call me the Excellence of Execution. You will find out why I am the best there is, the best there was, and the best... THERE ever will BE!" Jericho looks shocked, and Bischoff begins to shake his head in disbelief, as the commentators hype an historic three way tag match for tonight - WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho with Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell, Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and 'Macho Man' Randy Savage, against 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger, as we cut to our first break of the evening. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/JushinLiger.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/MasahiroChono.jpg[/IMG] Non Title Match WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger v Masahiro Chono[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Two contrasting orient legends opened up Thunder tonight. The martial arts and submissions expert Chono kept trying for his pivotal stiff kicks, to try and get Lyger down for his STF. He was succeeded in slowing down Lyger, but when he went for the Kenka Kick, Lyger was able to duck, and hit the middle rope to come back with a pulverising head scissors takedown. Chono stumbled up, and Lyger dropped him with a discus lariat. From there, Lyger catapulted Chono from the mat to the top padded turnbuckle in the corner, and when Chono stumbled back, Lyger cleverly put on an inside cradle to get a quick pin fall. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Jushin Lyger[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] Backstage, at the entrance to the arena, a black limousine pulls up. As a pretty blonde girl opens the back door, the following members of the New World Order trail out. [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B], [B]Vincent[/B],[B] 'K-Dawg' Konnan[/B], [B]Curt Hennig[/B], [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz [/B]and the [B]'Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B]. The commentators muse over the fact that Scott Hall is not present. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Disco_Inferno4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/backgroundANGLE.jpg[/IMG] WCW Television Championship Disco Inferno (c) v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Kurt Angle controlled a large part of this match, and seemed on the verge several times of doing something to catapult him to his second Television Championship, but everytime the odds were stacked against him, Disco found a way out. He countered brilliantly, and in doing so displayed some perhaps previously conceiled technical skills in the grapple. He also survived a couple of frustrated inside cradle roll ups from Angle, and then slowly worked his way back in, before steam rolling home on a tidal wave of fan support where he hit the Chartbuster to retain. It was a fine exhibition of defence, patience and then unstoppable momentum by an evolving superstar. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Disco Inferno[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] After the match, we cut straight backstage where outside the Four Horsemen dressing room, both [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] and the WCW United States Champion, [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit [/B]converged from opposing directions to try to get in the door. Goldberg pushed Benoit's hand off the door, so Benoit raised his right hand to strike Goldberg, but then stopped short just as he was about to strike him. "What's the matter, Chris?" Goldberg asked. "Go on, I dare you. Hit me! Hit me! HIT ME! But make it good, pal, because when you do, I'll make you... NEXT!" Benoit snarled, but then just shook his head to walk over. "What's the matter, Chris?" Goldberg shouted. "Yeah, you better keep walking, down to the nWo dressing room!" [CENTER]--------------------------[/CENTER] Backstage, in the nWo dressing room, [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] sat with [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B]. Page was looking extremely happy, and Nsah looked concerned. "I don't get it, Dallas, you're putting your trust in the hands of a man who has no ties to us," Nash pondered. "Yet!! That's the key word Kev, YET. You just need to be confident, bro. We wanted Chris Jericho, we got Chris Jericho. We wanted Taz, hell he broke a contract to come over here. We want Eddie Guerrero, we'll get Eddie Guerrero..." "But what about him trying to slip it to your wife?" "I... I... I don't know what you're talking about," Page said, ignoring the obvious fact that Guerrero had a large part in Kimberly ending up with Disco Inferno. "Besides, we have a very strict bros before hos policy here, man. And the more I watch him, the more impressed I become. He's arrogant, but he backs it up. He cheats, because he knows all that really matters is not HOW you won, but that you DID win..." "Who you talking about, Page?" Vincent asks, as he walks over with a bottle of water in one hand. "Eddie Guerrero," Page replies. [B]Vincent[/B] begins laughing, and turns around to conceal himself. "What's your problem, bro?" Page asks. "He tried to slip it to your.." Vincent goes to answer, before Page interrupts him. "That's all hearsay, besides, my wife is still a saint. I know she'll come back, they always do. As for me, right now... I've got a match to win. Tonight, British Connection get to... FEEL THE BANG!" Page snaps the sign of the Diamond Cutter and walks out, as Vincent and Kevin Nash shake their head in disbelief. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/StevenRegal2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Finlay7.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/DDP2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Eddie_Guerrero12.jpg[/IMG] The British Connection ('Lord' Steven Regal and 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay) v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] The key element to watch for tonight was how Page and Guerrero could co-exist together. The words from Page were promising, but the actions would be imperative to see if they could transcend their obvious differences. Regal and Finlay were slick, and team extremely effectively together without any acrimony between them. Fortunately for Page and Guerrero, they too were focused, the tags were slick, and both men worked together extremely well. Which meant trouble for Regal and Finlay, with Finlay ending up taking a Diamond Cutter from DDP for the eventual pinfall finish. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Diamond Dallas Page and Eddie Guerrero[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Backstage, [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] paced the Four Horsemen dressing room. [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B], in his sequined blue robe stepped forth from the back of the room to step in the path of Goldberg, who stopped, looking at his mentor. "I can sense your frustration Bill," Flair said. "But I trust him. You see, when you're a Four Horsemen, you have a sacred bond." "Sacred bond my [BEEP]," Goldberg retorted. "That son of a [beep] is setting us all up, Ric. That's my shot, that's going to be my World Heavyweight Championship. Yet he has to get Eric Bischoff to do his dirty work for him, and take a short cut. Hell, I don't care if he steps in the ring with me Ric, I'll split that son of a [BEEP] in half, just like I have to 172 others." "Ya said it yaself, Bill," Flair replied. "WOOOOOOOOOO!!! You said it yourself! You said Eric Bischoff did the dirty work, and that he did. Why? Because he's a cheat, a low down no good cheat, a fraud, a coward. I hate his guts! I hate his guts more than ever right now. You honestly think for a second Chris Benoit is at the bottom of all this, pal? It's all Bischoff, it's all him! He tried to have Arn Anderson destroyed, he's tried to have me fired, hell, not even 'Mean' BY GOD WOOOOOOOOO Gene Okerlund was spared! And so you think he dangles the carrot, and you think Chris would do it? BY GOD NO!" "He wouldn't do it?" Goldberg replies. "If I'm not mistaken, last year he took Kevin Sullivan's woman from right under his eyes. His married wife! His wife! Chris knew it, he didn't care. No, no, no no no no Ric, I don't buy it. As far as I'm concerned, the next second I see that son of a [BEEP], He's NEXT!" Flair shook his head in discontentment as Goldberg stormed out of the dressing room, slamming the door in disgust. "I don't like the situation," [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko [/B]said as he walked up behind Ric Flair. I had to reply the VHS six or seven times to get it out, at first I thought he said he was wasted on pina coladas, but apparently it was just a cohesive, highly original, highly creative and highly emotive comment from the Iceman. I can see an Academy Award coming this man's way, his entertainment skills are second to none. Even better than Bill Pullman's and Ted Danson's. Yep, that good. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Raven23.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Chris_Kanyon3.jpg[/IMG] Ravenz Rules Raven v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] This one descended upon the realms of the extreme, with both Kanyon and Raven innovatively using weapons as a free for all. In between times, Chris Kanyon was particularly clever in getting Raven into the Fireman's Carry on two or three occasions and then dropping Raven in a different devastating fashion on each occasion to prevent Raven from being able to effectively counter Kanyon's big power moves. Raven was still scarred from his battle with DDP, and still had a sizeable limp, and Kanyon made use of this by driving him into the steel guard rails and steel steps at ringside, and then making Raven stretch it out by whipping him across the ring into the corners. It was smart wrestling from Kanyon. But tonight, he was facing a man who is on the verge of the main stream big time, and while Raven copped a beating, he always had the courage to come back. Kanyon took Raven up for one last Fireman's Carry, but Raven was able to wriggle free of his grip, spin Kanyon around and drop him into an Evenflow on a steel cooking tray that lay in the middle of the ring. This was a fantastic bout, a credit to both these two young athletes. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Raven[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] [B]Raven[/B] dropped to his knees, and fell face first to the mat, completely and utterly exhausted, as we cut to the back. [CENTER]--------------------------------[/CENTER] And the insanity continues, as we see [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] and [B]Scott Steiner[/B] involved in a vicious brawl! Taz irish whips Steiner straight into a Coca Cola dispensing machine, and look! It's raining Coke! Taz then picks up the groggy Steiner and sends him through a door, into the ladies locker room! One vervacious blonde very quickly ensures her towel is wrapped on tight, as Steiner, not knowing head from toe, tries to grab onto the towel to stagger his way to his feet. The blonde makes sure the towel is on, and then promptly slaps Steiner across the face. Taz then takes Steiner and hurls him into a toilet cubicle. The door shuts behind them, and our last vision is of Steiner's head going into the bowl. As we leave, we hear the toilet flush... [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Rey_Mysterio28.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Chavo_Guerrero12.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/PsicosisMask.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Ultimo_Dragon12.jpg[/IMG] WCW World Tag Team Championships Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v Supernova Extreme X (Psicosis and Ultimo Dragon)[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A great opportunity for Psicosis and Ultimo Dragon, who in recent action went south of the border midweek for three consecutive wins over three of Mexico's top lucha tag teams. They're gelling quite slickly, as are the Champions, which opened this match up into a very fast paced, high flying match. It involved top rope moves, extreme planchas, corkscrews, asai moonsaults, everything you could want from a cruiserweight laiden tag match. This eventful bout ended after 5 and half minutes of high adrenalin action, when Chavo Guerrero Jr caught Ultimo Dragon with the Tornado DDT, Psicosis was slightly too late to make the save. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, and STILL WCW Tag Team Champions, Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] After the match, as the combatants left the ring, and [B]Chavo Guerrero Jr [/B]and [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B], as is their proxy, left to celebrate in the crowd, we viewed footage from Monday Nitro where [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair [/B]received the following challenge from [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B] of the New World Order. [CENTER][I][COLOR="SeaGreen"]"As far as you go, Ric Flair. You have spoken of your desperate attempts to have another shot at me. I'm a generous and fair man, Ric. So at World War III, you will face a mystery opponent. There will be two stipulations, Ric. If you win, you will get a shot at me at Starrcade. If you lose... your career... Is over!" [B]Your career...is [SIZE="3"]OVER[/SIZE] Your career... is...[SIZE="4"]OVER[/SIZE] Your career....is....[SIZE="7"][B]OVER![/B][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [/I][/CENTER] We zoom back to the commentary table where [B]'Iron' Mike Tenay[/B], [B]'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes[/B] and [B]'The Living Legend' Larry Zbysko[/B] look on, shocked at recapping the comments from Eric Bischoff. "I... I just can't imagine it," Mike Tenay offers. "A WCW without Ric Flair?" "Well as I see it baby," Rhodes comments, "Ric Flaaaaiiirrr will get in dat dere ring, and it will be jus like blue eyed soul all over again gen-teeel-men, he will come through this just like he has every othaaaaa challenge in his long, long career." "Who could the mystery man be though?" Tenay asks. "Guys, I've been wracking my brains. Could it be someone from... either of those two disasters we speak so little of? Could it be someone from Japan? Mexico? Maybe someone from's Flair past? Who would want to end Ric Flair's association with professional wrestling so much that they'd get into bed with Eric Bischoff?" "One thing is for sure," Zbysko comments, "At World War III, we're going to see history being made. Sometimes there's hyperbole in pro wrestling, but if I was to make sure I got to see one Pay-Per-View, World War III is shaping up to be it." [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/RicFlair9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Konnan10.jpg[/IMG] 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair v 'K-Dawg' Konnan[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Ric Flair was anxious, and seemed to be looking over his shoulder constantly, but after a couple of thunderous reverse knife edge chops from Flair, which garnered massive WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOos from the crowd, Flair's game face turned on. And this was not good for Konnan, as the dirtiest player in the game went through his entertaining repoitoire, including the nose flop, the flop from the top rope, and of course the low blow leading into the Figure Four Leglock. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Ric Flair[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] Backstage,[B] 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] the WCW World Heavyweight Champion and [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B], the former WCW United States Champion, and both mega-heels of the New World Order stand by with [B]Pamela Paulshock[/B]. "Mike, I'm back here with Chris Jeri..." "Whoa whoa whoa whoa," Jericho interrupts. "Listen up, toots. I think you've forgotten something." Paulshock looks confused, she plays this role very convincingly. It almost seems natural. "Two things actually, baby!" Bagwell says, as he leans forwards and surprises Paulshock with a massive kiss, which has Paulshock gagging for air. "You forgot to address me by my rightful title," Jericho adds. "I am Lionheart... Chris Jericho. The man of 1004 holds. The ayatollah of rock n... ROLLLAAA... Your paragon of good virtue. The leader of all the Jerichoholics. And YOUR World Heavyweight Champion. Next time, get it right, toots." "Chris Jericho, Buff Bagwell, up next in a three way conte.." "Three way? I'd consider it," Bagwell interrupts. "Toots, you dirty bottom feeding trash bag, would you please... SHUT... the HELL... UP!" Jericho says contemptuously. "You just stand there and act like a pair of air bags while I take you through what's going to happen. You see tonight, this is all about me! Me me me me me me me! Bret Hart and Randy Savage, those two can't co-exist together. They're two of the biggest egos in the world of professional wrestling. Except, neither is game enough to admit it. And then you have..." Jericho stops to think, scratching his chin, before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a piece of paper. "Lex Luger," Jericho says with a confused look on his face. "And...The... British Bulldog? Who is this chump? Buff, do you know these guys?" "Ahahaha! Tonight, boys and girls, whether Sting's or not, he's going to learn just why Chris Jericho is the World Heavyweight Champion," Bagwell adds. "And Pamela.." "Toots," Jericho corrects him. "Ah yes, toots. Tonight as you stare at my glutues maximus, and the crowd counts...1....2....3, tonight you get to see what a real man looks like. Ahaha! Let's go!" [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/RandySavage20.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bret_Hart28.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Davey_Boy_Smith5-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LexLuger3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Chris_Jericho61.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BuffBagwell-1.jpg[/IMG] 'Macho Man' Randy Savage and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and 'Total Package' Lex Luger v WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] This was a confused match. Lots of run ins from the various competitors, and generally little regard for getting the job done. The conflict of Davey Boy Smith and Bret Hart largely derailed those two teams efforts, as they both lost focus on the ever dangerous Chris Jericho. The one man who did keep focused on his was Randy Savage, and the two men had a four minute stanza in the middle which was both brutal, and well constructed. As Hart and Smith brawled on the floor, and Luger admonished Bagwell for his comments to Pamela Paulshock, Savage took control and hit the top rope looking for the Flying Elbow Smash. Bagwell though managed to trip Savage at the last second, and Savage fell short of Jericho. Jericho finally got up, as Savage clutched at his shoulder on the mat. Jericho raced to the middle rope and hit the Lionsault, and quickly tied up Savage's leg for a quick pin fall. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Chris Jericho and Buff Bagwell[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] quickly released himself from the pin fall and sprung to his feet. He started laying left and right boots into the sternum of the WCW World Heavyweight Champion [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B]. [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell [/B]ran in, but as he did so, Sting dropped from the rafters. Bagwell charged at Sting who kicked him to the guts and hit the Scorpion Death Drop on him. Savage stood there, and held out his right hand, but Sting moved forward and slapped him, before smiling, and beating on his chest. [B]Sting[/B] went to irish whip Savage into the corner, but quickly Savage siezed his chance to slide out of the ring and away from danger as we faded out.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/mondaynitro.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [U]Quick Picks[/U] Non Title Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho v 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c) v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel WCW Television Championship: Disco Inferno (c) v The Great Muta Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero Raven v Masahiro Chono 'Macho Man' Randy Savage v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko Lance Storm v The Giant Harlem Heat v Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit

Archived